Ok For FuN Comparisons!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PirateDiva
Ok so i was bored and i just started looking up Sparrow's and Swan's and i just happen to run into a couple of things i thought interesting! Maybe doesn't mean much....but i'll share anyway!!

Comparisons between a Jack Sparrow and a Sparrow!!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/pinkdiva71803/sparrowcomparison.jpg
Jack wears the same colors as the Sparrow:

1. Red Circles- Jacks Bandana is reddish just like the feathers on a male sparrow's head and back.

2. Black Circles- Jack wears eyeliner and the sparrow has a black liner around it's eye.

3. White circle- Jacks Beads are the colors of a sparrow.

4. Grey Circles- Jack has Dark Facial Hair and Hair like the sparrow does.

5. Cream Circles- Jacks cream colored shirt matches the Sparrows cream colored belly.

stay tuned there is more!!

PirateDiva
Comparisons between Elizabeth Swan and a Swan!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/pinkdiva71803/swanncomparison.jpg
In most of COTBP....they kept her in swan colors!

1. Black Circles- Elizabeth would wear creams and light colors most of the time like a swan.

2. Purple Circles- Elizabeth gets dirty like a swan sometimes gets...and they both dont mind.

3. Red Circles- the swan's wings just reminded me of Elizabeth's fan. lol!

But wait one more coming up!

PirateDiva
Comparisons between Elizabeth Swan and a Female Sparrow!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/pinkdiva71803/sparrowfemalecomparison.jpg
In DMC Elizabeth takes her wardrobe down a couple of notches almost lookin like a FEMALE SPARROW....HMMMMMM!!!

1. White Circles- Basiclly She is all in BROWN like the female sparrow!

Just found that interesting....is ELIZABETH TRYING TO BECOME A SPARROW? lol....i hope sooo!

haha i know not much, maybe its me just over analyzing things but i thought it was interesting!!! hope u do too!

shannstar79
this is cool smile

Mistypirate
LMAO That is so cool Piratediva. There has to be some kind of meaning to that. That is really interesting.

shannstar79
do you have a comparrsion af jack to a swan maybe that world be cool

PirateDiva
Originally posted by shannstar79
do you have a comparrsion af jack to a swan maybe that world be cool

No i dont...but i dont see Jack wanting to become a Swan...I see Liz trying to become a Sparrow...neither of them desire to live the life of a Swan stuck in one place and all dainty and stuff....they want the life of a sparrow free to fly and not be in one place...

and one of the SPARROWS trait which i found funny is that a sparrow likes to throw dirt on themselves (feathers)...they like to be dirty...Which Jack and Liz totally dont mind doing!!!

Mistypirate
LOL Jack and Liz getting down and dirty. eek!

sailorleo
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ok so i was bored and i just started looking up Sparrow's and Swan's and i just happen to run into a couple of things i thought interesting! Maybe doesn't mean much....but i'll share anyway!!

Comparisons between a Jack Sparrow and a Sparrow!!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/pinkdiva71803/sparrowcomparison.jpg
Jack wears the same colors as the Sparrow:

1. Red Circles- Jacks Bandana is reddish just like the feathers on a male sparrow's head and back.

2. Black Circles- Jack wears eyeliner and the sparrow has a black liner around it's eye.

3. White circle- Jacks Beads are the colors of a sparrow.

4. Grey Circles- Jack has Dark Facial Hair and Hair like the sparrow does.

5. Cream Circles- Jacks cream colored shirt matches the Sparrows cream colored belly.

stay tuned there is more!! you forgot two things...

shannstar79
Originally posted by Mistypirate
LOL Jack and Liz getting down and dirty. eek!

OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kisses

PirateDiva
Another thing i found funny while reading about Swan's is that they speciffically mentioned this trait:

A Female Swan has only one male mate and they infrequently change mates unless their male mate dies then they quickly remate with another male.

i thought it was funny cause one of the swan's main characteristics is to stay with one mate but if he dies they quickly bounce back and remate... which i think is relating to Elizabeth because she is sticking with Will b/c she wants to be true to him...but rumor has it that he is going to die....so she might be able to bounce back and remate with Jack!! LOL!! just a thought smile

PirateDiva
Originally posted by sailorleo
you forgot two things...

Which are?....

shannstar79
Another thing i found funny while reading about Swan's is that they speciffically mentioned this trait:

A Female Swan has only one male mate and they infrequently change mates unless their male mate dies then they quickly remate with another male.

i thought it was funny cause one of the swan's main characteristics is to stay with one mate but if he dies they quickly bounce back and remate... which i think is relating to Elizabeth because she is sticking with Will b/c she wants to be true to him...but rumor has it that he is going to die....so she might be able to bounce back and remate with Jack!! LOL!! just a thought smile

WOW
that totally fits LIZ
GREAT INFO THANKS big grin

Mistypirate
Yea it totally fits her character.For some reason Liz feels obligated to remain w/ the eunuch fish face.

PirateDiva
Meanings of their Names (thought this was interesting too):

Jack= GOD IS GRACIOUS

ELIZABETH= CONSECRATED TO GOD

WILLIAM (WILL)= DETERMINED GUARDIAN

I love how both Jack and Liz's names are related to GOD and that liz's name means CONSECRATED TO GOD...both there names originate from Hebrew....while Will's name means DETERMINED GUARDIAN which he's really determined to Guard liz and protect her!!

PirateDiva
Yea it totally fits her character.For some reason Liz feels obligated to remain w/ the eunuch fish face.

LMAO!!

Mistypirate
All of this is really interesting, I believed it was intended to be this way. The writers did a good job in adding those details to the characters. I don't think it was pure coincidence.

PirateDiva
I think sooo too!!...GOD me sooo proud of myself...*patting myself in the back* i think i finally contributed something to this forum...LOL!!! YAY!!

Mistypirate
I think sooo too!!...GOD me sooo proud of myself...*patting myself in the back* i think i finally contributed something to this forum...LOL!!! YAY!!

Yes you did contributed with something really interesting. You did a very good job. I'm proud of yourself to. Yo see all of us J/L shippers use our intelligence, and do research to decipher those details. I think us J/L shippers are such smart##ss big grin . We should all be proud of ourselves. big grin

PirateDiva
Heck Ya...i'm soooo glad i discovered this forum b4 KTTC!! PPL here are awsome and very smart!! Wo000o0o0o0o QUE VIVA KMC!! LOL!!!laughing

Surreal_44
Have you done much research on Terns? wink

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Have you done much research on Terns? wink

Terns what is that!!!??

Chiki Mina
*cracks knuckles*

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
*cracks knuckles*

Pulls out sword pirate2, by the way chiki found the interviews. big grin

Chiki Mina
Im reading them gurl wink gracias.

PirateDiva
wait am i missing something? Cracks Knuckles, pulls out sword!!

Chiki Mina
well...either there are no terns or is too damn scared to spit it out...

Mistypirate
wait am i missing something? Cracks Knuckles, pulls out sword!!

I think surreal was being a smarty arsh
Oops let me watch my language. roll eyes (sarcastic)

PirateDiva
OHHHH Grrrrrr PULLS OUT MACHETE!!!!

Chiki Mina
*trumpet music*

Dirty Mouth? Try Orbit Gum! For a good clean feeling big grin*bling*

Mistypirate
*trumpet music*

Dirty Mouth? Try Orbit Gum! For a good clean feeling big grin*bling*

LOL embarrasment .

oh! oh! Piratediva has a machete.

PirateDiva
All i want to say is if u dont like my lil thoughts or whatever....then stay out of my THREAD!! ugh!!

Chiki Mina
well dont let the agrevation get to ya. The comparisson is quiet good and actually funny!

Surreal_44
Oh I'm sorry. Did I crash your party? I just thought that it might be interesting to compare Terns, Swans and Sparrows, since they are all birds, and this is a comparison thread.

Besides, PirateDiva really did do a nice job on the comparison's, so I thought she could show off a little more. cool

Mistypirate
All i want to say is if u dont like my lil thoughts or whatever....then stay out of my THREAD!! ugh!!

There you go!! oh and go back to your little Kttc hole. worm.
It's that offensive? confused

Chiki Mina
well this isnt a party its a thread. And u didnt crash it bc u dont see us cutting out our veins and depressed. We're moving on.

Mistypirate
Oh I'm sorry. Did I crash your party? I just thought that it might be interesting to compare Terns, Swans and Sparrows, since they are all birds, and this is a comparison thread.

Besides, PirateDiva really did do a nice job on the comparison's, so I thought she could show off a little more. cool

It sounded like you were being sarcastic. What are terns by the way? did you mean terms? because we are really confused here. Sorry we are smart, but we have never seen that word before. Would you be kind and explain it to us, so we don't have misinterpretations.

PirateDiva

LMAO!! U aint even worth it!!

Chiki Mina
lol i just noticed pirate diva has a machete lmao. That word is only used in puerto rico thats hillarious lool. PirateDiva took that machete out of my backyard stick out tongue

PirateDiva
It sounded like you were being sarcastic. What are terns by the way? did you mean terms? because we are really confused here. Sorry we are smart, but we have never seen that word before. Would you be kind and explain it to us, so we don't have misinterpretations.

YES LOVE she was being sarcastic!! But she is just wasting her time!!

PirateDiva
lol i just noticed pirate diva has a machete lmao. That word is only used in puerto rico thats hillarious lool. PirateDiva took that machete out of my backyard stick out tongue

Hey Puerto Ricans are crazy!! Ya'll are my inspiration in times like these...lol!! LOVE IT!!!

Chiki Mina
we are crazy lol its a gift and a curse lol. Have you seen us in new york?? how about orlando lmao. we're really hyper.

Surreal_44
Sighs....

Turner...Terns....

Anyway, here is a brief description of a tern (they are birds as well)...

I just thought it was interesting and would share it with you all. They're really pretty birds too...

Mistypirate
Lol chiki you are so funny. Yes us puertoricans are crazy from la cabeza. But we are so much fun to be around. big grin
Thank you Piratediva!! I never thought that I would inspired anyone,LOL I'm flattered big grin

Chiki Mina
We can be sweet if we want to but they dont want to make our latino blood boil lol. They will get burned stick out tongue

PirateDiva
(for surreal_44)OH GOOD FOR U!!! *Stands up and Claps*

Mistypirate
Sighs....

Turner...Terns....

Anyway, here is a brief description of a tern (they are birds as well)...

I just thought it was interesting and would share it with you all. They're really pretty birds too...

Thank you Surreal for clearing that up for us. I apologized if i offended you in some way and for the misunderstanding. I have never heard of that bird before interesting. It has almost the same name as turner.

Mistypirate
We can be sweet if we want to but they dont want to make our latino blood boil lol. They will get burned stick out tongue

LOL I know big grin see I was really nice to surreal-44

PirateDiva
Lol chiki you are so funny. Yes us puertoricans are crazy from la cabeza. But we are so much fun to be around. big grin
Thank you Piratediva!! I never thought that I would inspired anyone,LOL I'm flattered big grin

No problem Love...Ricans I Love...cool as heck!!

PirateDiva
we are crazy lol its a gift and a curse lol. Have you seen us in new york?? how about orlando lmao. we're really hyper.

As a matter of fact i have Both in Orlando and New York!!!

Chiki Mina
Im palnning to go to orlando next summer. anyone wann come big grin loool. no im not like one of those perverts online from dateline NBC lool

PirateDiva
Im palnning to go to orlando next summer. anyone wann come big grin loool. no im not like one of those perverts online from dateline NBC lool

LOL...I trust u mina...i'll go!! ORLANDO BETTER WATCH OUT....CAuSe MiNa and DIVA are gonna rock the city w0o0o00o!!!lol!!

Mistypirate

Lol I love that To catch a Predator show. What about Misty? I'm already here in Orlando, I feel left out

Chiki Mina
oh man oh man!! me and pirate diva can go and visit misty!! hoping not to get caught on live television with camera on our faces from nbc lol

PirateDiva
LOL...i know right...lol!!

Mistypirate
oh man oh man!! me and pirate diva can go and visit misty!! hoping not to get caught on live television with camera on our faces from nbc lol

LMFAO That would be funny laughing out loud

Mistypirate
Although it would be nice to have that reporter in my house. I think he is kind of cute.

Chiki Mina
lol I can come into the kitchen naked loool. And that nbc dude(forgot his name) would say have a seat-but not witought putting a towel on the seat first lool.

Mistypirate
lol I can come into the kitchen naked loool. And that nbc dude(forgot his name) would say have a seat-but not witought putting a towel on the seat first lool.

LMFAO You are so freaking hilarious girl laughing out loud

PirateDiva
LMFAO....LOL...wowowwo too funny!

Mistypirate
Mina you are something else. I'm cracking up here laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
looool im actually trying to browse through the internet to plan my trip to orlando again. I just love orlando.

Mistypirate
Chiki, to what theme parks are you planning to go?

PirateDiva
I've gone there 4 times....and i always go to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Universal, Aventureland<---think thats what its called....and i went to Epcot once!! so i'd like to revisit...lol...i know im not Mina just wanted to answer...hehehe!!

Mistypirate
I've gone there 4 times....and i always go to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Universal, Aventureland<---think thats what its called....and i went to Epcot once!! so i'd like to revisit...lol...i know im not Mina just wanted to answer...hehehe!!

My favorite ones are universal and Islands of Adventure, I haven't gone to The Magic Kingdom in a while, I want to go so bad. I want to go in to the new POTC ride.

Chiki Mina
omg i forgot i was online here lmao. Misty the theme park i would love to go is universal, islands, all the disney parks, sea world, and hopefully tampa lol

Mistypirate
omg i forgot i was online here lmao. Misty the theme park i would love to go is universal, islands, all the disney parks, sea world, and hopefully tampa lol

Lol Chica your crazy. All this time living here and I haven't gone to Bush Gardens. There's a new ride called sheekra it's a roller-coaster, people say it's awesome.

Chiki Mina
my first trip to orlando was a couple of months ago in june lol. I couldnt go to animal kingdom sad and i couldnt bc it was closed till july 7. dammit!

Mistypirate
Oh that Mount Everest ride is really good, you'll love it. Scary as hell. I wen't a couple of months ago.

Chiki Mina
aa man!! il brb im gonna do a favor for the sake of j/l shippers lol im gonna proove that they are wrong about the compass pointing to will.

Swann&Sparrow
But Sparrows and Swanns are DIRECTLY related to the ACTUAL NAMES Sparrow and Swann. Tern is just like a sounded out NICK NAME for Turner, not the REAL name.

So, in theory, it's not relevent and doesn't fit with Will. Plus he's not a bird at all, he's just a watcher of the bird, Turner, and I don't think the discription of a Tern fits Will at all.

Sorry, am I wrong?

Chiki Mina
can someone tell me how to post images here?? i dunno how to show multiple pics.

Surreal_44
So it's a nickname. There's a lot of symbolism in that. All of you ought to appreciate that, since most of your theories are based on symbolism of J/E. This is just another bit of symbolism. I dunno, maybe it means Will will forever be tied to the sea.

Or maybe since terns and swans are both water birds, it means that Will and Elizabeth are destined to be together.

Or my favorite theory, maybe the names mean nothing at all.

By the way, I was being serious about PirateDiva doing a good job with the comparisons. You really did a nice job with the pictures and the exlanation of the birds.

evilm0nki3
Oh that Mount Everest ride is really good, you'll love it. Scary as hell. I wen't a couple of months ago.

That is a good ride! It made my neck crack though. That was the scary part for me lol

Mistypirate
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
That is a good ride! It made my neck crack though. That was the scary part for me lol

That was an awesome ride. I was pretty tense on the whole ride. I didn't even blinked.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow
But Sparrows and Swanns are DIRECTLY related to the ACTUAL NAMES Sparrow and Swann. Tern is just like a sounded out NICK NAME for Turner, not the REAL name.

So, in theory, it's not relevent and doesn't fit with Will. Plus he's not a bird at all, he's just a watcher of the bird, Turner, and I don't think the discription of a Tern fits Will at all.

Sorry, am I wrong?

Yea I tried to find info of the tern, and it didn't fit Will whatsoever. I did looked up some information of the real Will Turner, it was really interesting.

Pirates life fo
All of this is really interesting, I believed it was intended to be this way. The writers did a good job in adding those details to the characters. I don't think it was pure coincidence.

Actually the points about the names meaning something...Not so sure. If the writers had created the name Jack Sparrow then maybe it be some strange deep bird meaning. Jack Sparrow however is the name of Johnny Depp's son. Jack was born about a year before the first movie came out. Johnny got a tattoo on his forearm that says 'Jack' with a bird flying above it.

The name Jack Sparrow wasnt written in as a clue to match Elizabeth Swann. It was named after Johnny's son.

Mistypirate
No I'm not talking about the first names, I'm talking about the last names.
What's curious is that they used bird names for the last names of the two characters. And another curious thing is that the name Will Turner in fact belonged to a botanist and a bird watcher. If you don't believe me do a google search on William Turner. His bio is rather interesting

Pirates life fo
I was talking about the last name also. Johnny came up with the first and last name of his character. And another point is that the bird is Swan with one N. Of course you might find hidden meaning in the fact that there are two Ns in her last name. I will look for the thread soon.

Pirates life fo
I did a Google search on the name William Turner and in fact came up with this also.

http://www.williamturnersheffield.com/

William Turner...Makers of fine quality steel knives. William Turner from POTC...Maker of quality steel swords. Hmm...

Or maybe William Turner is just a common English name and reading into too much is pointless.

Swann&Sparrow
Terns is not a direct name of Turner. Swan is the direct name of Swann {even though she has two n's in her name} and Sparrow is the direct name of Sparrow.

You know, you shouldn't go around saying that you're unbiased and shit like that then f*cking go say that Will and Elizabet BELONG TOGETHER!

THE F*CK IS THAT!

And swans also migrate and fly to different lands, POSSIBLY symbolising that Elizabeth doesn't just want to stay in her home, maybe she wants to live in different places or just roam.

I doubt the Tern migrates or moves or whatever, but I don't study birds all that much. And the Will Turner, bird watcher coincidence is more a symbolism than that SH*T about Terns.

IT ISN'T EVEN THE REAL F*CKING NAME!

BULLSH*T, F*CKING BULLSH*T!

Swann&Sparrow
Ahem, sorry.

Mistypirate
laughing out loud Happy Dance

Swann&Sparrow
..........Well.................

.............It's True..................

Chiki Mina
truth sometimes hurts big grin

Swann&Sparrow
I know. But I just had to say it. I can't just keep it in a let that person get away with it, and yes I DID have to use swear words. There's NO other way to say it, you have to be blunt.

Cause that Terns/Turner thing doesn't MAKE SENSE! But that bird watcher Turner thing does, I mean, Tern isn't even his NAME!

It's like saying Elizabeth is like a black widow, cause she 'killed her mate' {Jack} and now she'll move on to another one.

Or that Jack is flighty cause he has a birds name...wait...maybe that's a real symbolism...yeah I think so.

Anyways, I think it's WRONG WRONG WRONG. TERNS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TURNER, plus I think the Bird Watching/Turner theory makes more sense and fits the personality and lifestyle of William Turner.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Pirates life fo
Actually the points about the names meaning something...Not so sure. If the writers had created the name Jack Sparrow then maybe it be some strange deep bird meaning. Jack Sparrow however is the name of Johnny Depp's son. Jack was born about a year before the first movie came out. Johnny got a tattoo on his forearm that says 'Jack' with a bird flying above it.

The name Jack Sparrow wasnt written in as a clue to match Elizabeth Swann. It was named after Johnny's son.

Yes Johnny's Son was born in 2002....and production had already started...i've heard that Jack (his son) was named after Jack the character...because his son was born a few months into production!!!

PirateDiva
So it's a nickname. There's a lot of symbolism in that. All of you ought to appreciate that, since most of your theories are based on symbolism of J/E. This is just another bit of symbolism. I dunno, maybe it means Will will forever be tied to the sea.

Or maybe since terns and swans are both water birds, it means that Will and Elizabeth are destined to be together.

Or my favorite theory, maybe the names mean nothing at all.

By the way, I was being serious about PirateDiva doing a good job with the comparisons. You really did a nice job with the pictures and the exlanation of the birds.

You can't blame me for having trouble trusting what u say!!! But if what you are saying about my comparisons is true and sincere....then yes THANK YOU for that, i APPRECIATE it!!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow
I know. But I just had to say it. I can't just keep it in a let that person get away with it, and yes I DID have to use swear words. There's NO other way to say it, you have to be blunt.

Cause that Terns/Turner thing doesn't MAKE SENSE! But that bird watcher Turner thing does, I mean, Tern isn't even his NAME!

It's like saying Elizabeth is like a black widow, cause she 'killed her mate' {Jack} and now she'll move on to another one.

Or that Jack is flighty cause he has a birds name...wait...maybe that's a real symbolism...yeah I think so.

Anyways, I think it's WRONG WRONG WRONG. TERNS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TURNER, plus I think the Bird Watching/Turner theory makes more sense and fits the personality and lifestyle of William Turner.

I agree the symbolism that Jack and LIz have bird last names mean something....and the fact that Will Turner was the name of a bird watcher makes sense and it has meaning....cause if not then why didnt they just name him WILLIAM TERN? Hmmm? so NO TERNS have nothing to do with this!!!

LovelyOne
I made a thread like this aaagggess ago lol like the first week I joined this forum..here's the pic I used:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3298/54americantreesparrowoi9.jpg

LOL

LovelyOne
LMAO tern??? turner??..sounds PRETTY different to me sonny jim

why not just call him William Tern?..or maybe TERNER

Turner

its like saying Elizabeth Swener actually means Swan the bird!

BS laughing out loud

Jack Sporrowe..means Sparrow.

William Turner is the name of a famous bird watcher surreal44..lets just face facts shall we.

Also Turner may be the name of a fish..laughing out loud *goes to check ot out*..jokin

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Pirates life fo

ah ha! But Maybe Elizabeth Swann was written in later as a clue to fit Jack Sparrow Savvy? stick out tongue

and so was Will Turner possibly?

thats also cute about Johnny's son...he really gave him the name Sparrow?

katelovespirate
William Turner is the name of a famous orinthologist (person who studies birds).

Will's original last name was "bear". They changed it cause they thought they had too many animal last names. But thats a big hint of how they see the character.

katelovespirate
oh just kidding, you guys already talked about that. lol. i need to start reading threads before i post.

LovelyOne
Bear?

what is it supposed to say about his character? That he can be vicious?

It still shows you that they are kinda basing the character's characteristics on the animal names...Sparrows are quick of movement etc. hard to catch, fast.

Swan? is a monogamous bird if I'm correct lol..not that they marry but once they find their partner that truly suits them they stick with them for life..they follow them when ever they move etc.

Surreal_44
In Shamanism, bears represent :

Introspection
Healing
Solitude
Change
Communication with Spirit
Death and rebirth
Transformation
Astral travel
Creature of dreams, shamans and mystics
Visionaries
Defense and revenge
Wisdom

Sparrows represent:

Desire
Fertility
Manifesting new love in ones life
Understanding the aspects of race
Ability to use the power of song
All aspects of color

Swans represent:

Awakening the power of self
Understanding dream symbols
Seeing into the future
Understanding spiritual evolution
Developing intuitive abilities
Divination
Grace in dealing with others

Just a note, bears are not always considered vicious, but also are known as healers and obviously, creatures of great power and strength.

Swans are monogamous (we've covered that), and they can be quite vicious in of themselves. Anyone ever been bitten by one? It HURTS.

Sparrows are valuable for destroying weed seeds. Um...and they're cute, if not noisy little birds that live outside my window and wake me up before the sun rises every morning. big grin

LovelyOne
Oh I want to hear Jack burst into song!

and when you say monogomous.that doesnt actually mean to Will or Jack..big grin

it could be either. The quote in my sig suggests Jack big grin

LovelyOne
hmm firtility..thats another interesting lil thingy..that ties in with the end of the script I read

as does this:

Manifesting new love in ones life

EDIT - this is what Bear means in prophecy (you have a touch of destiny about you): Satan / Leviathan(monster)

laughing out loud

LovelyOne
SWAN: The swan is symbolic of the hypocrite because of it's black flesh beneath the white plumage.

AHAHA

"I am not a pirate I have honor and decency and a moral centre!!!"

Surreal_44
Oh, I wasn't debating, I was just posting up all of that just because I thought it was interesting. It probably has nothing to do with the movie (I don't think Ted and Terry are into Shamanism), but alot of it does go with your interpretation of what might happen in the third movie.

katelovespirate
well even if they arent into shamanism LOL there are certain beliefs/connotations that go along with certain animals.

i think their main point on Swann was that Elizabeth is graceful.

Leda and the Swan, anyone?

LovelyOne
EDIT - Kate stop stealing my thoughts laughing out loud

Oh, I wasn't debating, I was just posting up all of that just because I thought it was interesting. It probably has nothing to do with the movie (I don't think Ted and Terry are into Shamanism), but alot of it does go with your interpretation of what might happen in the third movie.

I was just messin around..tis a "fun" comparison thread laughing out loud

I agree I don't think they took shamanism into account..but the things that certain birds symbolize in general may have been added...Lots of people know swans mean grace etc (they are also vicious lil sods..especially to geese, they have been known to drown them)

A Sparrow is actually monogamous once it finds its soul mate, they are famously known for it....no matter how far it travels it always returns to its soul mate (partner) Swans are the same.

Chiki Mina
Since Will is going to die, only will be confirmed in the movie, I was thinking..something stupid.

Since William Turner is a famous bird watcher or watever, and Sawnn and Sparrow are birds that sail on water/sea.

When Will dies, he could watch over Elizabeth Swann and Jack Sparrow. Will watches over them and protects them at sea...

Just a thought lol.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by LovelyOne
EDIT - Kate stop stealing my thoughts laughing out loud

I was just messin around..tis a "fun" comparison thread laughing out loud

I agree I don't think they took shamanism into account..but the things that certain birds symbolize in general may have been added...Lots of people know swans mean grace etc (they are also vicious lil sods..especially to geese, they have been known to drown them)

A Sparrow is actually monogamous once it finds its soul mate, they are famously known for it....no matter how far it travels it always returns to its soul mate (partner) Swans are the same.

Ya I ReaD ThaT aboUt The Swan...i mentioned it earlier but didnt know that about the Sparrow...interesting...Thanks!!! Oh that Pic u used of the Sparrow first is a much better Pic than the one i used...u can see it with more clarity!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.