A GOOD sign??? (i cant really tell)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptinJackLover
Ok well I was reading this article in Entertainment magazine (extremley old, July 14,2006) and it gives a "sneak peak" at Pirates 3.

This is only PART of the article,.. I was going to type the entire thing but i dont ahve enough time (sorry)

Specifically, the film will delve deeper into the backstory of Davy Jones- "he's a tragic fgure, whos been devestated by love," says Nighy- while also bringing unfolding romantic drama between Will and Elizabeth to a climax. "They realize love is something that hurts," Verbinski says, "and there are things they have to overcome if the relationship is to last."

Is this a good thing? because right before they mention the drama that will happen between Will and Liz, they mention that Davy Jones story is a bigger part of POTC3 and he had been devestated by love. Does this mean its reflecting Will/Liz or what? im confused...

and It also says that they will need to overcome the relationship if things are going to last...does that hinting it will or wont last?!

And also that love hurts...does that mean its a good thing for Jack/Liz to happen or does that just mean that Will will be hurting but will get over it and he and Liz will live (not so) happily together??!

i dont know what to think about htis article...

Surreal_44
I know everyone here thinks I'm a huge Will/Elizabeth fan...I'm actually not. I'm a Norrington/Elizabeth shipper all the way (*cries over my poor ship*) but I SEE Will and Elizabeth ending up together.

It fits with the story and the plot. I sincerely hope that the third film is not entirely relationship based though, no matter what 'ship' ends up sailing, because the charming thing about Pirates is that it's a fun, fast-paced action movie with a bit of romance tossed in.

As far as the article goes, I'm sure you could make it work for J/E, but I honestly believe that it speaks for Will and Elizabeth working over their difficulties and ending up together.

Gravitation
You're a N/E shipper....haven't seen that for a while....

But ok, I think Lizz and Will will (ha ha) discover something. Like,things aren't always what they were meant to be.

You know,in CotPB we thought it would be E/W but now it's J/E. Kinda shows E/W wasn't meant to be.

Surreal_44
Aside from the compass pointing at Jack twice and the kiss where Elizabeth chains Jack to his ship (so that he'll die), I see nothing to prove that J/E are meant to be.

Gravitation
Oh don't get us all started on what points to J/E...it'll take awhile...really,I'm not kidding. But I won't try to change your mind.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Aside from the compass pointing at Jack twice and the kiss where Elizabeth chains Jack to his ship (so that he'll die), I see nothing to prove that J/E are meant to be.

I suggest that you start opening your mind to other possibilities. There were way too many symbolisms in DMC that could not be ignored. I said it once and I'll say it again, the writers wouldn't use pointless scenes in the movie. They have their reasons why they were put in there. Technically speaking, I very much see the W/E ship doomed.

evilm0nki3
The W/E ship will crash and burn..

I hopebig grin

Chiki Mina
I mean even the names say it JE sounds hot with the Jack Elizabeth names together.. with Elizabeth and WIll is EW< see even their names arent meant to be together laughing out loud EWWWW loool

LovelyOne
well by knowing what happens to Will. I would say they dont overcome certain obstacles laughing out loud

aside from the fact Jack is in love with Elizabeth

The godlike shot of him where she clings to his leg.

the way elizabeth reacts to the kiss..I never se her lean in to kiss Will again do you?

the tears she shows after she realises she's lost her true husband at sea:

my quote from the movie. You cant even be called a widow before marriage unless you are married to someone before hand and they have left you for a hobby or have died..she goes in search of him again because he's lost at sea. I dont remember will dying before her marriage to him do you?

She basically gives up a happy ending with Will in order to find her "lost husband" at sea.

LovelyOne
May I just ask why should Jack's feelings and emotions be totally dragged through the mud in AWE and DMC just so Elizabeth and Will can have a "decent" relationship?

POOR Jack the man is in LOVE with her and I doubt very much Disney will make him out to be an IDIOT falling for the "wrong" woman.

he has done far more for Elizbaeth that will EVER did

why should Jack end up alone again? He wasnt happy before that its clear...he had his pearl the one thing he thought he wanted most in the world...yet he has Elizabeth on his mind, (compass pointing there)..can people honestly tell me here that material possesions are better for Jack than human companionship? what the hell would you choose if you had the choice? An eternal life of lonliness or something that can actually love you back for once?

Again pirates are coming to an end..the world is becoming a dangerous place for Jack..if he returns to the coward he was he will die..and you know WHY he was a coward? because he had no one to protect and love but himself...

In a situation where someone you love is in danger as well as you, you fight for them to keep them safe..you are brave

but if its only yourself, that you care about and you are in danger its flight.

In battle who are the men who die first? The ones who have NOTHING to live for.

and Jack will DIE if he continues to live like that. on his own..caring for no one but himself

"Jack must find his place in the new world or perish" - beckett

Chiki Mina
And beckett also mentions something like this:
"Unlike you, mister Turner, you and your fiance fae the hang mans noose." something like that meaning they will be hanged-dead.

Another clue of fate intervenes.

Swann&Sparrow
Hey! I said Elizabeth and Will spelt EW!

It was ME!

Chiki Mina
When where lol. I had that for a while. its actually pretty clear to everybody thats EW

LovelyOne
PotC: AWE

Pirates if the Caribbean: Against Will/Elizabeth laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
whats porates lol

LovelyOne
LOL edited big grin

Chiki Mina
OH LMAO I thought my english was getting worse lool i was even looking up at the dictionaries lol

sailorleo
I know everyone here thinks I'm a huge Will/Elizabeth fan...I'm actually not. I'm a Norrington/Elizabeth shipper all the way (*cries over my poor ship*) but I SEE Will and Elizabeth ending up together.

It fits with the story and the plot. I sincerely hope that the third film is not entirely relationship based though, no matter what 'ship' ends up sailing, because the charming thing about Pirates is that it's a fun, fast-paced action movie with a bit of romance tossed in.

As far as the article goes, I'm sure you could make it work for J/E, but I honestly believe that it speaks for Will and Elizabeth working over their difficulties and ending up together. hey hey! we ain't po' foo' (LOL...in gangster... roll eyes (sarcastic) ) we actually have tons of comey! he hee

Chiki Mina
Yea, a norrington fan who bashes at us..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.