Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane vs Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockhart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
After the Geostigma and Deepground episodes, things are getting back to normal in Edge.

However, ex-SOLDIER (in his mind, anyway) Cloud Strife and ex-AVALANCHE member Tifa Lockhart take on the Hayabusa Super Ninja and the strung-out lilac-haired kunoichi.

To counter the ninpo magic, both Cloud and Tifa have Magic Materia (Thunder for Tifa while Cloud has Fire Materia)

Stage: Midgar Ruins

Cloud and Tifa: A.C. versions in appearance and fighting styles, but their stats are FFVII level if not at the max.

Ryu: Ninja Gaiden version

Ayane: DOA4 version

Superboy Prime
Er...can't say for sure. Ayane curbstomps Tifa though. Cloud's tough. A maxxed out Cloud vs a maxxed out Ryu Hayabusa...ugh...damn the fight would be awesome.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Er...can't say for sure. Ayane curbstomps Tifa though. Cloud's tough. A maxxed out Cloud vs a maxxed out Ryu Hayabusa...ugh...damn the fight would be awesome.

Have you seen Tifa move in Advent Children? She could have won against Yazoo if he hadn't have that stupid gauntlet. She's just as fast as Ayane.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Have you seen Tifa move in Advent Children? She could have won against Yazoo if he hadn't have that stupid gauntlet. She's just as fast as Ayane.

Yes I've seen Advent Children. Tifa would not have defeated Loz even if he didn't have his gauntlet. His speed just overwhelmed her and he took every single one of her limit breaks without breaking a sweat.

Kaled
cloud with all powers from ff7 would stomp ryu haya, would just use chaos magic and wipe ryu and ayane

Superboy Prime
Well yeah. Any char from FF7 with all that materia would pretty much beat anyone.

TricksterPriest
In this fight, for me, it's a question of who I hate more, FF7 charcters, or DOA characters. And I'm proud to say after consideration, that DOA is far worse than FF7 IMO. I'd say Cloud takes this anyway. And Tifa is pretty badass in AC, and in the game. My money's on the AVALANCHE crew.

Cloud_VII
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qMBwKT0uDig

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tX4JZp9hw1U

http://youtube.com/watch?v=suBFY39P4Ps

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eL_KR64MDw

As far as I'm concerned, Cloud and Tifa lose this fight, badly.

StyleTime
Ryu and Ayane take this. Tifa would go down first. Cloud would be a bit of a challenge but he won't be able to handle both simultaneously.

Ninja Gaiden duo takes this.

Mesirus
Cloud & Tifa 65% - 35% Ryu & Ayane

I think the fact cloud has a weapon might give him the edge, so he doesn't have to pummel, as much slice. Plus the materia, they have the edge in my opinion.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Mesirus
I think the fact cloud has a weapon might give him the edge, so he doesn't have to pummel, as much slice. Plus the materia, they have the edge in my opinion. Mes, do some homework, both Ayane and Ryu are ninjas and what kind of stuff do ninjas carry?

Mesirus
I meant Clouds particular weapon, kinda lethal.

Sides, they slice and kick, not dependant on their weapon like cloud is

Swe_Bum
I meant Clouds particular weapon, kinda lethal.
Don't you mean you meant to say that? Pretty clear you didn't.

And how is it more lethal? Its size makes the attacker slow and a bit more clumsy.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Swe_Bum

And how is it more lethal? Its size makes the attacker slow and a bit more clumsy.

Mesirus
Originally posted by Swe_Bum

And how is it more lethal? Its size makes the attacker slow and a bit more clumsy. I meant to say that, in the first post it was inproperly written....my mistake

I'm just saying, his not slow and clumy in AC.

IceJaw
But if you'd give Cloud a smaller weapon, his attacks would become a whole lot faster, just look at him when he slayed Seph, he was using his smaller swords then. His normal sword makes his attacks slower.

Mesirus
It can be either, he can break it up and use 2 weapon or the the built up one, First Sword rocks

IceJaw
Oh, yeah, I remember now, but his large sword would still put him in an disadvantage, if you ask me.

Kadesh
Well yeah. Any char from FF7 with all that materia would pretty much beat anyone. you cant use gameplay mechanics as a refrence, if so then by right ffx characters should wtf pwn every other ff character due to overkills and limit breaks because of the sphere grid. And not to mention sins giga-gravitation which would own just about every one

Kadesh
By the way, back to the match, cloud wins haya, why? because obviously hayabusa would not expect cloud to pull of that 5 sword attack as he did in AC. Cloud curbstomps hayabusa, then turns and pwns ayane.

Speed need not always be the factor, sidious in the EU can move faster than the eye can see, but does that mean he pwns? No, just a little example

Superboy Prime
Hayabusa has been killed before & risen from the dead. I doubt Cloud's limit break will prove more powerful than the Dark Dragon Blade. Besides Ryu Hayabusa is more than capable of defeating Cloud before he pulls out any Limit Breaks. This is a tag match. Tifa is beaten by either Ryu or Ayane, and then both tango Cloud. Hayabusa fights Cloud while Ayane charges a nasty Nimpo. KABOOM.

Ryu has plenty of weapons at his disposal too. He has a sword equal in size to Cloud's First Sword, he has the devastating True Dragon Sword, Doku's Samurai Katana which is a soul stealer and can heal Ryu, the Vigorian Flails, the bo...Nimpo...please don't make me go on.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kadesh
By the way, back to the match, cloud wins haya, why? because obviously hayabusa would not expect cloud to pull of that 5 sword attack as he did in AC. Cloud curbstomps hayabusa, then turns and pwns ayane.

Speed need not always be the factor, sidious in the EU can move faster than the eye can see, but does that mean he pwns? No, just a little example

Well sidious has pretty much owned every Jedi he's ever fought, including a draw to the Jedi's top master Yoda, as well as owning the **** out of Luke Skywalker in Dark Empire.

ESB -1138
I fail to see what Palpatine has to do with a Final Fantasy vs. Dead or Alive battle has to do with anything. Going into the battle I have to say that the Final Fantasy duo has the ability to win this battle.

Loz managed to take down Tifa with his superior speed but remember this, Loz kept back making it seem like Tifa was able to contend with him one on one so when he went serious Tifa had no clue what was happening considering his speed (which Tifa didn't know he had) and that powerful back attack.

Cloud on the other hand managed to fight Loz and Yazoo by himself while infected and at one occasion he even went to battle Kadaj making that a 3 on 1 battle which Cloud was doing very well for a while. Ryu does have speed but so does Cloud and Tifa considering Cloud was capable of moving fast enough to block Yazoo's bullets.

Cloud also managed to move so fast that Sephiroth couldn't keep up with him when Cloud did Omnislash Version 5 and that's pretty fast considering that Sephiroth was forcing Cloud on the defense the entire battle due to his superior speed and strength and skill.

I have to say that Cloud and Tifa will be able to win this battle: 7/10

Emperor Ashtar
Hayabusa ass rapoes cloud, never mind the guy can move fast enough to run on the surface of a body of water. he can also, generate enough speed to vanish and swat bullets like flies.

Their respective jutsu's can cause massive collateral damage, hayabusa can destroy jet like craft with ease and ayane destroyed three conjoining skyscrappers. They win

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Hayabusa ass rapoes cloud, never mind the guy can move fast enough to run on the surface of a body of water. he can also, generate enough speed to vanish and swat bullets like flies.

Their respective jutsu's can cause massive collateral damage, hayabusa can destroy jet like craft with ease and ayane destroyed three conjoining skyscrappers. They win

Couldn't have said it better myself.

lightness
go ryu/ayane.

they should win unless cloud/tifa can summon things which would give them trouble.

Kadesh
ok but how is hayabusa going to survive a 5 fold attack when cloud pulls of an unexpected attack?

by the way keep the match fair, give hayabusa one weapon, thats all, from what you said its like the death star vs r2d2...

Superboy Prime
So which weapon you want? You can give him a one inch plastic stick and he could possibly kill Cloud in less than an instant.

Nah I ain't that biased...or am I?

Anyways for ****'s sake I'll give him the True Dragon Sword. This sword is equal & seemingly superior to the Dark Dragon Blade--and the Dark Dragon Blade makes Cloud's First Sword look like a wrecked baseball bat. About the 5 fold attack...Ryu is not going to be standing there eating all the attacks ala Sephiroth. That PIS is exclusive to the stupidly overpowered anime main bad guy with down syndrome, and Ryu ain't that. He doesn't need to survive it; he won't get hit.

Emperor Ashtar
ok but how is hayabusa going to survive a 5 fold attack when cloud pulls of an unexpected attack?

Unexpected, please, unless cloud bust out of the blue with some invisible planet busting attacks he's screwed.These Jets got the drop on him as well.

by the way keep the match fair, give hayabusa one weapon, thats all, from what you said its like the death star vs r2d2...

Okay, now you still have his jutsu's.

Kadesh
So which weapon you want? You can give him a one inch plastic stick and he could possibly kill Cloud in less than an instant.

Nah I ain't that biased...or am I?

Anyways for ****'s sake I'll give him the True Dragon Sword. This sword is equal & seemingly superior to the Dark Dragon Blade--and the Dark Dragon Blade makes Cloud's First Sword look like a wrecked baseball bat. About the 5 fold attack...Ryu is not going to be standing there eating all the attacks ala Sephiroth. That PIS is exclusive to the stupidly overpowered anime main bad guy with down syndrome, and Ryu ain't that. He doesn't need to survive it; he won't get hit. you are assuming that haya would not get hit at all which i would find unlikely, too fast to get hit is what you are saying? i dont think so, i pointed out already speed may not be the factor, like darth vader is not as fast as he w as before yet he can take on 8 jedi masters and spaughter them. And that five fold attack? that was when we could not see clouds movement, this is close to faster than the eye can see which hayabusa would not be able to spot weather or not he is moving, how would he even know that clouds is going to attack him? 5 swords, do you think hayabusa would know which sword strikes first? i dont think so and by the way, these suprise attacks catches opponents off balance and intimidates them, as did to sephiroth

Emperor Ashtar
you are assuming that haya would not get hit at all which i would find unlikely, too fast to get hit is what you are saying? i dont think so, i pointed out already speed may not be the factor, like darth vader is not as fast as he w as before yet he can take on 8 jedi masters and spaughter them.

Hayabusa is not Darth Vader, and are you serious when has cloud ever fought someone with hayabusa's speed?

And that five fold attack? that was when we could not see clouds movement, this is close to faster than the eye can see which hayabusa would not be able to spot weather or not he is moving, how would he even know that clouds is going to attack him?

Bullets move faster than the eye can see, doesn't stop hayabusa from dodging them and swating them like flies. Suprise attacks will not be a problem for someone who was surprised by aircraft and apache helicopters just to pwn them.

5 swords, do you think hayabusa would know which sword strikes first? i dont think so and by the way, these suprise attacks catches opponents off balance and intimidates them, as did to sephiroth

Sephiroth lost becase of PIS, this has been stated so many times.

Kadesh
Hayabusa is not Darth Vader, and are you serious when has cloud ever fought someone with hayabusa's speed?
Need i point out the speed need not be the factor?

Bullets move faster than the eye can see, doesn't stop hayabusa from dodging them and swating them like flies. Suprise attacks will not be a problem for someone who was surprised by aircraft and apache helicopters just to pwn them.
Can you prove that? and hayabusa was not suprised by the helicopter in DOA3, do you even know what an unexpected suprise attack is? its like shishio vs kenshin, shishio did not expect kenshins 360 2 step slash attack which caught him off guard, haya is not invincible by the way
And Duh he can swat the bullets because he KNOWS which direction they are coming from, he wouldnt know WHICH of the 5 swords sorrounding him will strike first, get it?

Sephiroth lost becase of PIS, this has been stated so many times. PIS? care to explain please

Superboy Prime
you are assuming that haya would not get hit at all which i would find unlikely, too fast to get hit is what you are saying? i dont think so, i pointed out already speed may not be the factor, like darth vader is not as fast as he w as before yet he can take on 8 jedi masters and spaughter them. And that five fold attack? that was when we could not see clouds movement, this is close to faster than the eye can see which hayabusa would not be able to spot weather or not he is moving, how would he even know that clouds is going to attack him? 5 swords, do you think hayabusa would know which sword strikes first? i dont think so and by the way, these suprise attacks catches opponents off balance and intimidates them, as did to sephiroth

Wow.

Where to start?

Ok.

When you're in battle you are bound to expect anything and everything from your opponent unless you're overconfident and a show off. Ryu Hayabusa is none of the above.

Why was Sephiroth struck by the Omnislash?

Because :

a) he is the bad guy and therefor he must lose no matter how ridiculously overpowered he is when compared to the protagonist
b) he was obviously overconfident and thought he had Cloud beat. It isn't that hard to realize it. Cloud's always been Sephiroth's puppet as far as he is concerned
c) PIS.

First you tell me to limit Ryu's aresnal to one weapon, but you want Cloud to use the First Sword with all it's different variations.

Emperor Ashtar
When you can elaborate properly on why it won't be a factor instead of just claiming it is, then and only then you will have a point.

Can you prove that? and hayabusa was not suprised by the helicopter in DOA3, do you even know what an unexpected suprise attack is?

Doa3, I'm talking about ninja gaiden, and I just showed you a video of hayabusa being surprised by jets, instead of nitpicking address all my arguments.

its like shishio vs kenshin, shishio did not expect kenshins 360 2 step slash attack which caught him off guard, haya is not invincible by the way

Is hayabusa kenshin or shishio?

And Duh he can swat the bullets because he KNOWS which direction they are coming from, he wouldnt know WHICH of the 5 swords sorrounding him will strike first, get it?

It doesn't matter if he knows what direction they are coming from, it takes super speed to swat bullets from the sky.

PIS? care to explain please

Sephiroth completely outclassed cloud and lost.

Kadesh

When you're in battle you are bound to expect anything and everything from your opponent unless you're overconfident and a show off. Ryu Hayabusa is none of the above.
Um, you are wrong, fighters try to catch each other off balance to gain the upperhand, and attempting to expect everything will only leave you to be opened,and thats what clouds omnislash is, an unexpected attack

a) he is the bad guy and therefor he must lose no matter how ridiculously overpowered he is when compared to the protagonist
b) he was obviously overconfident and thought he had Cloud beat. It isn't that hard to realize it. Cloud's always been Sephiroth's puppet as far as he is concerned
c) PIS.
and not to forget he got caught off guard by that unexpected attack, and what is PIS?

First you tell me to limit Ryu's aresnal to one weapon, but you want Cloud to use the First Sword with all it's different variations. Um clouds first sword is considered 1 sword, so try again

When you can elaborate properly on why it won't be a factor instead of just claiming it is, then and only then you will have a point.
Well i just proven it havnt i? i pointed out vader as an example

Doa3, I'm talking about ninja gaiden, and I just showed you a video of hayabusa being surprised by jets, instead of nitpicking address all my arguments. Obviously he had enough time to react am i correct?

Is hayabusa kenshin or shishio?
. No but iwas giving an example, please read my posts properly

It doesn't matter if he knows what direction they are coming from, it takes super speed to swat bullets from the sky.
. ok then if you get shot from behind will you have time to block it? what kind if illogical answer is that? Obviously he knew he was going to get shot from the sky and thus when he got suprised by the jets he had enough time to react

Sephiroth completely outclassed cloud and lost. Thats how an iferior can win with an suprise attack

Superboy Prime

Can you prove that? and hayabusa was not suprised by the helicopter in DOA3, do you even know what an unexpected suprise attack is? its like shishio vs kenshin, shishio did not expect kenshins 360 2 step slash attack which caught him off guard, haya is not invincible by the way

PIS? care to explain please

How is speed not a factor? His reaction time and his speed can make Hayabusa avoid the attack or to a lesser extent counter it.

Hayabusa was indeed surprised. He had his eyes closed. He opened them and then saw the choppers/jets/whatever firing at him. He made ashes and debries out of them and their pilots.

Sephiroth takes on an exhausted Cloud, has him beat weaponless and with the masamune stabbed through his right shoulder. Then he proceeded to watch in amazement as Cloud first splits the first sword and then grabs each sword one by one. Does that still not define PIS? Not to mention Sephiroth was overconfident and all around stupid for not having stabbed Cloud through his skull.

Superboy Prime
Um, you are wrong, fighters try to catch each other off balance to gain the upperhand, and attempting to expect everything will only leave you to be opened,and thats what clouds omnislash is, an unexpected attack

and not to forget he got caught off guard by that unexpected attack, and what is PIS?
Um clouds first sword is considered 1 sword, so try again

Wow. Have you ever been in street fight? Not Tae Kwon Do tournaments, an actual street fight?

Yeah the 1st sword is one sword, but I still find that to be rather cheap. Still doesn't matter since the True Dragon Sword is superior to the First Tsurugi by leaps and bounds.

PIS is Plot Induced Stupidity in case you didn't know.

Kadesh
How is speed not a factor? His reaction time and his speed can make Hayabusa avoid the attack or to a lesser extent counter it.

Hayabusa was indeed surprised. He had his eyes closed. He opened them and then saw the choppers/jets/whatever firing at him. He made ashes and debries out of them and their pilots.
Um he could block then because he knew which direction the bullets are coming from? And that he had enough time to react?

Sephiroth takes on an exhausted Cloud, has him beat weaponless and with the masamune stabbed through his right shoulder. Then he proceeded to watch in amazement as Cloud first splits the first sword and then grabs each sword one by one. Does that still not define PIS? Not to mention Sephiroth was overconfident and all around stupid for not having stabbed Cloud through his skull. Did you forget that cloud pulled of an unexpected attack on sephiroth?

Kadesh
Wow. Have you ever been in street fight? Not Tae Kwon Do tournaments, an actual street fight?
Yes, muay thai, the most brutal form of fightning

Yeah the 1st sword is one sword, but I still find that to be rather cheap. Still doesn't matter since the True Dragon Sword is superior to the First Tsurugi by leaps and bounds.

Well that is still one sword, so you cant claim cloud is cheap holding 5 different swords

Emperor Ashtar
Um he could block then because he knew which direction the bullets are coming from? And that he had enough time to react?

So, if I had a gun pointed at you, I guess you would be able to swat the bullets out the air or dodged them, right?

Did you forget that cloud pulled of an unexpected attack on sephiroth?
Unexpected, he was looking dead at him.

Superboy Prime
Yeah...but you see Sephiroth was daydreaming about a Yaoi Fantasy during that time...he didn't have time to counter Cloud's limit because of the boner.

Kadesh
So, if I had a gun pointed at you, I guess you would be able to swat the bullets out the air or dodged them, right?
If you know where to position your shield or what ever before the guy pulls the trigger than yes. And logic would point out haya did the same thing, knowing where the bullet would hit, then attempting to block, even if you were to dodge bullets you do it BEFORE the guy pulls the trigger, hayabusa is a human, not a god

Unexpected, he was looking dead at him.
What part of my sentence did you not understand?

Emperor Ashtar
If you know where to position your shield or what ever before the guy pulls the trigger than yes. And logic would point out haya did the same thing, knowing where the bullet would hit, then attempting to block
No, sheild, I'm taking about blocking bullets with a katana. Could you do that?

What part of my sentence did you not understand?

The part where your claiming cloud caught sephiroth unexpectedly, despite looking dead at him.

Superboy Prime
Just...explain to us how unexpected was it? Because you seem to convince only yourself.

Sephiroth has him beat. Unarmed. Wounded. Staring at him and yet he cannot stop cloud from grabbing the Masamune, pulling it out, stabbing it in the block, grabbing the First Tsurugi and swing it at him. Then he looks at Cloud as if he was stoned and watches in amazement and excstacy as the sword splits in 5 all around him and then decides to enjoy the fancy fireworks while Cloud annihilates him.

In AC Sephiroth wasn't wounded like in their first encounter. At least that loss can be reasonable, but this...meh.

Kadesh
No, sheild, I'm taking about blocking bullets with a katana. Could you do that? Unless i have the skills, no and isnt haya a skill ful swordsman, then ask yourself, how does a jedi block a laser bolt? you are asking some one with no skills weather or not he can block a bullet with a sword, what for when i can dodge before the guy pulls the trigger? haya simply demonstrated his skill in blocking those bullets being concious of where they are coming from

The part where your claiming cloud caught sephiroth unexpectedly, despite looking dead at him. I doubt you understand what suprise and unexpected attacks from an opponent are

Just...explain to us how unexpected was it? Because you seem to convince only yourself.

Sephiroth has him beat. Unarmed. Wounded. Staring at him and yet he cannot stop cloud from grabbing the Masamune, pulling it out, stabbing it in the block, grabbing the First Tsurugi and swing it at him. Then he looks at Cloud as if he was stoned and watches in amazement and excstacy as the sword splits in 5 all around him and then decides to enjoy the fancy fireworks while Cloud annihilates him.

In AC Sephiroth wasn't wounded like in their first encounter. At least that loss can be reasonable, but this...meh. Do you have logic? Sephiroth has NEVER seen that move before and he got caught offguard

Superboy Prime
Unless i have the skills, no and isnt haya a skill ful swordsman, then ask yourself, how does a jedi block a laser bolt? you are asking some one with no skills weather or not he can block a bullet with a sword, what for when i can dodge before the guy pulls the trigger? haya simply demonstrated his skill in blocking those bullets being concious of where they are coming from

I doubt you understand what suprise and unexpected attacks from an opponent are

It is stupid to think someone can actually block deflect bullets with a katana.

Jedi deflect laser bolts because of the force for two reasons: they forsee/predict where it's going to hit, and the force enhances their speed to inhuman stats.

Emperor Ashtar
Unless i have the skills, no and isnt haya a skill ful swordsman, then ask yourself, how does a jedi block a laser bolt?

Are jedi's real?

you are asking some one with no skills weather or not he can block a bullet with a sword, what for when i can dodge before the guy pulls the trigger? haya simply demonstrated his skill in blocking those bullets being concious of where they are coming from

So, your implying someone can dodge a bullet flying at them at 1000 meters a second with a katana in real life?

I doubt you understand what suprise and unexpected attacks from an opponent are

Do you have logic? Sephiroth has NEVER seen that move before and he got caught offguard

So, what, the guy should have been able to avoid it. None of clouds attacks put a dent in him and then some deus ex machina surprise hits him, that's PIS

EDIT: Ryu is not sephiroth, he will not be stupid enough to let cloud have chance if he wants to kill him.

Superboy Prime
So because he never saw the move he was forced to float in mid-air doing nothing?

I'd think a Legendary SOLDIER of Sephiroth's status would be more than capable of handling a situation like that.

The whole limit was something Sephiroth could have avoided in the first place. Not to mention that for Cloud to actually go and perform a move like that he would have to be bloodlusted in my honest opinion--which he was in the case of Sephiroth.

Kadesh
For one, learn to debate

Are jedi's real?
Is hayabusa real?

So, your implying someone can dodge a bullet flying at them at 1000 meters a second with a katana in real life?
In reality no, and haya is a fiction character and can do what ever is not possible in real life, cloud and all other fantasy characters do this

EDIT: Ryu is not sephiroth, he will not be stupid enough to let cloud have chance if he wants to kill him. Um but wouldnt he get caught off guard by an attack which he has never seen before?

It is stupid to think someone can actually block deflect bullets with a katana.

which is what haya did... overrated? indeed

EDIT

So because he never saw the move he was forced to float in mid-air doing nothing? He was taunting clound, yes he was overconfident because he thought he was going to kill cloud, but he DID NOT expect that slash attack which got him killed, understand now?

Emperor Ashtar
For one, learn to debate

Is hayabusa real?

I never said he was, you on the other hand brought jedi's up when I asked you to prove someone can dodge a bullet in real life, take your own advice.

In reality no, and haya is a fiction character and can do what ever is not possible in real life, cloud and all other fantasy characters do this
Show me cloud blocking bullets like hayabusa does, infact show me cloud having speed on par with ryu.

Um but wouldnt he get caught off guard by an attack which he has never seen before?

Not if he killed him in the first place.

Kadesh
I never said he was, you on the other hand brought jedi's up when I asked you to prove someone can dodge a bullet in real life, take your own advice. One, you are asking something very idiotic and irrelevant to this topic about weather or not people can dodge bullets in real life, in the gaming world its different ok? Characters can so anything there which cannot be done in the real word

Show me cloud blocking bullets like hayabusa does, infact show me cloud having speed on par with ryu.
. Again did you see clouds omnislash, where sephiroth and the audience could not catch up to clouds movements?

Not if he killed him in the first place.
Not if cloud performs the attack first, point moot

Superboy Prime
I still don't understand how a high ranked elite SOLDIER will just float in mid-air because he was caught by "surprise." What's so surprising about the move? Couldn't he tell Cloud's intentions? He wasn't going to tickle Sephiroth for candy, and still he decided to take it like a man...or as close as anime yaoi rejects can get to men. I understand your point 100% Problem is your point is not helping Cloud in this debate.

Superboy Prime
One, you are asking something very idiotic and irrelevant to this topic about weather or not people can dodge bullets in real life, in the gaming world its different ok? Characters can so anything there which cannot be done in the real word

Again did you see clouds omnislash, where sephiroth and the audience could not catch up to clouds movements?

You must have problems with your sight because I could see from which direction Cloud was coming from and what he did. Are you handicapped? It was fast, but not faster than the eye can see, and the omnislash was not clearly visible because of all the fancy effects.

Cloud would perform it first IF he was faster, but in this case he is not.

Kadesh
I still don't understand how a high ranked elite SOLDIER will just float in mid-air because he was caught by "surprise." What's so surprising about the move? Couldn't he tell Cloud's intentions? He wasn't going to tickle Sephiroth for candy, and still he decided to take it like a man...or as close as anime yaoi rejects can get to men. I understand your point 100% Problem is your point is not helping Cloud in this debate. he jumped mid air before cloud performed the attack. Whats so suprising? that he did not see it before? that he has no idea what it is? that he has no idea what is going to happen? Not helping cloud? im pointing out how he could kidd haya with that same attack where haya has never seen before

Kadesh
You must have problems with your sight because I could see from which direction Cloud was coming from. Are you handicapped?

Cloud would perform it first IF he was faster, but in this case he is not. you can see where he went, but could you see his movements clearly? could you catch up to it and if you were in sephiroths situation would you be able to counter?

Emperor Ashtar
One, you are asking something very idiotic and irrelevant to this topic about weather or not people can dodge bullets in real life, in the gaming world its different ok? Characters can so anything there which cannot be done in the real word

Well, according to you if I know what direction a bullet is coming from I can block it. You never made distiction between real or fictional characters in that post. Infact you even implyed it could be done in real life and brought up jedi's as an example.

Again did you see clouds omnislash, where sephiroth and the audience could not catch up to clouds movements?

Who cares if the audience could not see it, sephiroth should.
And how is that on par with hayabusa's speed.

So, your claiming if someone performs an attack first they can't be evaded?

Superboy Prime
he jumped mid air before cloud performed the attack. Whats so suprising? that he did not see it before? that he has no idea what it is? that he has no idea what is going to happen? Not helping cloud? im pointing out how he could kidd haya with that same attack where haya has never seen before

Ok. Suppose Cloud performs the Omnislash V. 5. Ryu Hayabusa performs a Nimpo(forgot it's name) that blasts fire from his area and outwards. What do you suppose would happen to the 5 swords floating around him? They will fall. Cloud will attempt to grab one, will not be able to stop his momentum, he will get burnt and he will get stabbed through his heart. End of Cloud.

Kadesh
Well, according to you if I know what direction a bullet is coming from I can block it. You never made distiction between real or fictional characters in that post. Infact you even implyed it could be donme in real life and brought up jedi's as an example.
Wow you really are a hypocrite, well now i would say fictional, And if you were that smart you would have asked earlier am i correct?

Who cares if the audience could not see it, sephiroth sshould.
Who cared who could see it, sephiroth was caught off guard

So, your claiming if someone performs an attack first they can't be evaded? It depends what sort of attack, in this situation how would haya know what cloud is going to do? How would haya know what the hell is that attack because he has never seen anything like that before? Do you think haya would know how to defend against this when he would now know which sword strikes first ?

Kadesh
Ok. Suppose Cloud performs the Omnislash V. 5. Ryu Hayabusa performs a Nimpo(forgot it's name) that blasts fire from his area and outwards. What do you suppose would happen to the 5 swords floating around him? They will fall. Cloud will attempt to grab one, will not be able to stop his momentum, he will get burnt and he will get stabbed through his heart. End of Cloud. What do you suppose would happen if cloud performs the attack before hayabusa performs t his special attack?

Superboy Prime
you can see where he went, but could you see his movements clearly? could you catch up to it and if you were in sephiroths situation would you be able to counter?

It's not a matter of speed, but the effects that go along with the limit that make it not that clear. **** if I know I'm not a legendary SOLDIER like Sephiroth, but one thing's for sure Cloud would have been impaled through his forhead if I was Sephiroth.

Superboy Prime
What do you suppose would happen if cloud performs the attack before hayabusa performs t his special attack?

...Ok I don't know where you're coming from. I already implied Cloud did the limit first and as a counter Ryu performed the Nimpo.

Kadesh
...Ok I don't know where you're coming from. I already implied Cloud did the limit first and as a counter Ryu performed the Nimpo. But would ryu know to do the nimpo as a counter attack?

Kadesh
It's not a matter of speed, but the effects that go along with the limit that make it not that clear. **** if I know I'm not a legendary SOLDIER like Sephiroth, but one thing's for sure Cloud would have been impaled through his forhead if I was Sephiroth. you are saying that because you saw what happened, if you were in sephiroths shoes and know nothing about what isgoing to happen would you know what to do? i doubt it

Superboy Prime
Why would he not? It's a great defensive move.

Superboy Prime
you are saying that because you saw what happened, if you were in sephiroths shoes and know nothing about what isgoing to happen would you know what to do? i doubt it

No I said that if I was Sephiroth Cloud would been dead before he even thought about his loved ones and the limit break. Instead of stabbing him through the shoulder I would've done so in his forhead.

Kadesh
Why would he not? It's a great defensive move.
Again i said thats only if ryu can pull it off in time, before cloud does the final parts ofthe 5 fold attack, if he is able to pull it off before cloud, he wins, if he doesnt, then cloud wins fair enough?

Kadesh
No I said that if I was Sephiroth Cloud would been dead before he even thought about his loved ones and the limit break. Instead of stabbing him through the shoulder I would've done so in his forhead. now thats the sephiroth we been waiting for

Emperor Ashtar
Wow you really are a hypocrite, well now i would say fictional, And if you were that smart you would have asked earlier am i correct?
Are you mentally handicaped, You claimed it was possible to dodge a bullet if you knew what direction it was coming from. You never distinguished between real or fiction people until far afterwards.

Who cared who could see it, sephiroth was caught off guard

So, if sephiroth could see it, how was he caught off gaurd?

It depends what sort of attack, in this situation how would haya know what cloud is going to do?

I pretty sure If I see someone draw a blade in a fight he's going to strike me with it.

How would haya know what the hell is that attack because he has never seen anything like that before?

He constantly avoides attacks he's never seen before, moot point.

Do you think haya would know how to defend against this when he would now know which sword strikes first ?

He doesn't have to know which sword strikes first, he'll just evade them as they come. He's fast enought to do that.

Superboy Prime
He can definitely pull it off in time. Sephiroth had all the time in the world to get out of the situation and yet he did not. The problem with the omnislash is that the swords take their time align around the victim, if they don't react ala Sephiroth they're through, but I don't see the same PISified thing happen to Ryu.

Superboy Prime
Thing is it doesn't take a genius to see 5 swords surrounding you is not a good thing.

Emperor Ashtar
I find it funny that kadesh believes hayabusa can't dodge omnislash when he dodged this:

http://www.iberiansngrealm.com/Boss%20Pages/Boss_Emperors.html

Kadesh
Are you mentally handicaped, You claimed it was possible to dodge a bullet if you knew what direction it was coming from. You never distinguished between real or fiction people until far afterwards.
Neither did you, you asked, i answered

So, if sephiroth could see it, how was he caught off gaurd?
Could he see which sword was going to strike first?

I pretty sure If I see someone draw a blade in a fight he's going to strike me with it. Duh, im talking if the other guy makes the first moves

He constantly avoides attacks he's never seen before, moot point.
. Really? does that mean he will evade clouds attacks?

He doesn't have to know which sword strikes first, he'll just evade them as they come. He's fast enought to do that. Yes he does, he would have to know where to move, and what if he did not know there was a sword behind him and as he turns clouds there with that sword and then strikes him?

Superboy Prime
He doesn't need to know which sword is first. He just needs to follow Cloud. The swords by themselves will do nothing.

Kadesh
He doesn't need to know which sword is first. He just needs to follow Cloud. The swords by themselves will do nothing. fair enough but would he know weather cloud is going to move left or right to get either sword?

Emperor Ashtar
Neither did you, you asked, i answered

I never claimed or implyed that a real person can dodge a bullet, moron.

Could he see which sword was going to strike first?

Why would it matter if according to you sephiroth and the audience could see the attack?

Duh, im talking if the other guy makes the first moves
So, your implying that no one has ever dodged an unexpected attack? Nevermind that I showed you ryu hayabusa doing that twice?

Really? does that mean he will evade clouds attacks?

I'm pretty sure he can, since he dodges pre meditaited attacks all the time.

Yes he does, he would have to know where to move, and what if he did not know there was a sword behind him and as he turns clouds there with that sword and then strikes him?
He would he not know where the swords are, are they invisible?

Superboy Prime
fair enough but would he know weather cloud is going to move left or right to get either sword?

He would be following Cloud's movement, for Ryu that won't be too hard.

I'm going to sleep now I got an early start tomorrow. Night you 2.

Kadesh
I never claimed or implyed that a real person can dodge a bullet, moron. Yes you did, stop contradicting yourself, you asked if I could dodge a bullet, "I" is me "me" is a real person. Shoul i report you for trolling then? no flaming remember?

Why would it matter if according to you sephiroth and the audience could see the attack?. Why would it matter if either ryu or sephiroth could not tell which sword was going to strike first

So, your implying that no one has ever dodged an unexpected attack? Nevermind that I showed you ryu hayabusa doing that twice?
I wont deny that suprise attacks can be countered, provided the victim has enough reaction time which in this case, ryu does not and will not have enough reaction time

I'm pretty sure he can, since he dodges pre meditaited attacks all the time. i dont think so, not when he does not know which sword is going to strike first

He would he not know where the swords are, are they invisible? read my posts properly, i said he would now know which is the first one to strike

Kadesh
He would be following Cloud's movement, for Ryu that won't be too hard.

I'm going to sleep now I got an early start tomorrow. Night you 2. You are assuming if he follows his movements, remember, if cloud striked before haya reacts cloud wins, and haya can react provided there is time to react then win cloud, agreeable?

Emperor Ashtar
Yes you did, stop contradicting yourself, you asked if I could dodge a bullet, "I" is me "me" is a real person. Shoul i report you for trolling then? no flaming remember?

I know I asked if you could dodge a bullet, because you claimed it was possible to dodge one if you knew the direction. You never said distinguished between real or fictional.You even said you don't posses the skill to dodge one implying somewhere someone in real life could.

Why would it matter if either ryu or sephiroth could not tell which sword was going to strike first
Who cares what sword will strike first, at the speed ryu moves he could dodge it becfore it strikes. Sephiroth was hit because of PIS.

I wont deny that suprise attacks can be countered, provided the victim has enough reaction time which in this case, ryu does not and will not have enough reaction time

He doesn't have enough reaction time to dodge swords but can dodge bullets from multiple directions at once, does that make sense?!

i dont think so, not when he does not know which sword is going to strike first
Who ****ing cares what sword strikes first, if he's fast enough to dodge it he can dodge it,end.

read my posts properly, i said he would now know which is the first one to strike

And like I said it does not matter what strikes first. because he has the speed to dodge them.

Kadesh
I know I asked if you could dodge a bullet, because you claimed it was possible to dodge one if you knew the direction. You never said distinguished between real or fictional.You even said you don't posses the skill to dodge one implying somewhere someone in real life could. And were you not intelligent enough to tell that i distinguised it as fiction? i was refering "I" to hayabusa
but i first said a shield can block it right? then you asked me if i could with a katana, then i said no am i correct? then i pointed out that haya can because he 1) is a game character 2) has the skills to do so

Who cares what sword will strike first, at the speed ryu moves he could dodge it becfore it strikes. Sephiroth was hit because of PIS. wow so you are claiming that ryu can move faster than the speed of light because he can move faster than cloud?

He doesn't have enough reaction time to dodge swords but can dodge bullets from multiple directions at once, does that make sense?!
Did you read my earlier posts? i said he had enough time to react to the helicopters presence before the helicopter or planes started firing

Who ****ing cares what sword strikes first, if he's fast enough to dodge it he can dodge it,end.
provided he is fast enough, provided BEFORE he gets hit

And like I said it does not matter what strikes first. because he has the speed to dodge them. Dodge them like how? alreaady when cloud opens the attack?

Emperor Ashtar
but i first said a shield can block it right? then you asked me if i could with a katana, then i said no am i correct? then i pointed out that haya can because he 1) is a game character 2) has the skills to do so
Busllshit, you said you do not have skill to dodge it as if some where in this world someone could. Please stop the BS, I can easily quote you.

wow so you are claiming that ryu can move faster than the speed of light because he can move faster than cloud?

Where the hell is light mentioned in that post, god your a retard.

Did you read my earlier posts? i said he had enough time to react to the helicopters presence before the helicopter or planes started firing

So, he can't do the same before cloud starts swinging?!

Dodge them like how? alreaady when cloud opens the attack?

Sigh, I already did but, if that's not enoguh here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rpa1-BCPLc

He did not know:
What type of attack
Where it was coming from
Who the attacker is
And stops it

Never mind all the other shit I posted.

Kadesh
Busllshit, you said you do not have skill to dodge it as if some where in this world someone could. Please stop the BS, I can easily quote you.
i was referring to hayabusa you idiot and you were asking me, and when you ask me i just give an answer, are you a retard or what?

Where the hell is light mentioned in that post, god your a retard.
You claimed he could move faster than every of clouds attacks, that "zomg! he is so fast he can dodge clouds omnislash" And calling me a retard doesnt change the fact that you are a horrible debator

So, he can't do the same before cloud starts swinging?!
Thats why i said the fight can go either way, learn to read properly, do you need me to examine your specs? Or do you want me to quote it?

Sigh, I already did but, if that's not enoguh here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rpa1-BCPLc

He did not know:
What type of attack
Where it was coming from
Who the attacker is
And stops it
tsk tsk, thats just an arrow, and he had 4 seconds to react to it, and by the way he knew that there was something in the bushes and was going to expect something, ninjas and samurais are like that

Emperor Ashtar
i was referring to hayabusa you idiot and you were asking me, and when you ask me i just give an answer, are you a retard or what?
I guess when I asked you if you were mentally handicapped, I should have just known you were. Let me recap because you lack the brains to understand.

This is what you claimed:

Which I responded with:

Because in real life no one has time to dodge a bullet even if they know what direction it's coming from, if your claiming hayabusa does than he has super speed simple as that. Anyway, this is how you respond:

If you know where to position your shield or what ever before the guy pulls the trigger than yes.

Your implying that it's somehow possile to predict the trijectory of a bullet in real life and block it.

And logic would point out haya did the same thing, knowing where the bullet would hit, then attempting to block, even if you were to dodge bullets you do it BEFORE the guy pulls the trigger, hayabusa is a human, not a god

How the hell would hayabusa be able to react and move his entire body out of the path of the bullet before a gunmen could react to pull a trigger of an automatic weapon multiple times if he did not have super speed?

You claimed he could move faster than every of clouds attacks, that "zomg! he is so fast he can dodge clouds omnislash" And calling me a retard doesnt change the fact that you are a horrible debator

Because you are retarded, the average bullet moves faster than the speed of sound unless you can prove cloud can slash that fast with omnislash, you fail.

Thats why i said the fight can go either way, learn to read properly, do you need me to examine your specs? Or do you want me to quote it?

So, your admitting he can react fast enbough despite saying he can't previously?

tsk tsk, thats just an arrow, and he had 4 seconds to react to it, and by the way he knew that there was something in the bushes and was going to expect something, ninjas and samurais are like that

Nice try, I knew you would pull some shit like this.

First of all he heard a noise, looked around then sat down to relax he did not know he was going to be attacked

second, he moved reacted to stop the arrow after it was shot

Third, your saying he has precog now, cool so why can't he use it to dodge the omnislashe?

Kadesh
Do you need your ass handed to you?

I guess when I asked you if you were mentally handicapped, I should have just known you were. Let me recap because you lack the brains to understand. lack to undestand? maybe i should let you know that you are mentally retarted than you are not able to read and understand peoples posts properly

Because in real life know one has time to dodge a bullet even if they know what direction it's coming from, if your claiming hayabusa does than he has super speed simple as that. Anyway, this is how you respond: It is because 1) its fictional 2) in the game world haya is skill ful and 3) you asked a question irrelevant and derailed the topic which proves you to be ignorant

Your implying that it's somehow possile to predict the trijectory of a bullet in real life and block it.: Then tell me, what the hell is a ballistic shield for? to block a bullet right? and when does the user block? before the guy fires and squeeses the trigger right? Are you really that stupid? so what i said was true then, but in the game world it is different, the user with the sword provided he has the skills and then yes he can block it, Hard to understand is it? Then read it again

How the hell would hayabusa be able to react and move his entire body out of the path of the bullet before a gunmen could react to pull a trigger of an automatic weapon multiple times if he did not have super speed? several ways, 1) get out of sight before the guy shoots 2) as i said, haya is fictional and has the ability and speed to block the bullets and had reaction time 3) There have been people who have got out of the shooters line of fire BEFORE he pulls the trigger.

Because you are retarded, the average bullet moves faster than the speed of sound unless you can prove cloud can slash that fast with omnislash, you fail. Calling me a retard does not and will not change the fact that you are one of the worst debators on KMC, Did i say that clouds attacks are faster than the bullet? quote it please and do not feed me with words

So, your admitting he can react fast enbough despite saying he can't previously?
i was wrong at that point i admit

Nice try, I knew you would pull some shit like this.

First of all he heard a noise, looked around then sat down to relax he did not know he was going to be attacked

First of all he knew there was something there, and didnt you know that ninjas had the ability to sense danger? he was being cautious and not off guard, which what makes him strong

second, he moved reacted to stop the arrow after it was shot

That was because he was able to spot it and like i said, he had a few seconds, or prehaps a split second to react

Third, your saying he has precog now, cool so why can't he use it to dodge the omnislashe? He can, provided he knows which sword is going to strike first, and if you want to play stupid then cloud could attack him first, then attack quickly with the other sword

EDIT

and i said that you can dodge it or position your shield BEFORE the guy presses the trigger, god are you some kind of mentally retarted kid or something? And now you claim i said its possible after the guy fires...

Kadesh
If you know where to position your shield or what ever before the guy pulls the trigger than yes.
Did you see the sentence before the guy pulls the trigger ? And did you see the word "position" and "before"? seriously.. learn to read peoples posts properly

Emperor Ashtar
Do you need your ass handed to you?

lack to undestand? maybe i should let you know that you are mentally retarted than you are not able to read and understand peoples posts properly

I think you described yourself properly, even superboy prime tells you that you lack reaing comprehension skills.

It is because 1) its fictional 2) in the game world haya is skill ful and 3) you asked a question irrelevant and derailed the topic which proves you to be ignorant

The question is relevant to the debate, your just so damn dumb you can't realize it. I asked you if you could dodge a bullet, because you claimed hayabusa dodged bullets as a result of knowing where they were going to hit and not because of his speed.

Then tell me, what the hell is a ballistic shield for? to block a bullet right? and when does the user block? before the guy fires and squeeses the trigger right?

Does the weilder of a sheild now exactly what area he's going to be hit, and if he's wrong does it matter? If I have a sheild that covers my entire body and predict a gunmen is aiming for my heart when it's my stomach it wouldn't matter because the sheild covers my body, idiot.

Are you really that stupid? so what i said was true then, but in the game world it is different, the user with the sword provided he has the skills and then yes he can block it, Hard to understand is it? Then read it again

So, if hayabusa has the skill to dodge bullets, why can't he block or dodge omnislash?!

several ways, 1) get out of sight before the guy shoots 2) as i said, haya is fictional and has the ability and speed to block the bullets and had reaction time 3) There have been people who have got out of the shooters line of fire BEFORE he pulls the trigger.

None of those examples I posted have hayabusa evading before he is shoot at, and never mind you just admitted he's skilled enough to evade or block said attacks.

Calling me a retard does not and will not change the fact that you are one of the worst debators on KMC, Did i say that clouds attacks are faster than the bullet? quote it please and do not feed me with words

I never claimed you did moron, just like I didn't say ryu could move as fast as light. I said unless omnislash is as fast or faster then sound, cloud is screwed. I didn't accuse you if claiming anything that time moron.

i was wrong at that point i admit
That's all I wanted yo hear, sorry for insulting you.

First of all he knew there was something there, and didnt you know that ninjas had the ability to sense danger? he was being cautious and not off guard, which what makes him strong

Your helping my argument, if he can sense danger (Which he can) why can't he use it against omnislash?

That was because he was able to spot it and like i said, he had a few seconds, or prehaps a split second to react

Helping my argument again, if he reacted in a split second he is FAST

He can, provided he knows which sword is going to strike first, and if you want to play stupid then cloud could attack him first, then attack quickly with the other sword

LOL, of course he will know which sword will attack first, you said it best yourself:

ninjas had the ability to sense danger

Or this:

Thanks

Kadesh
EDIT

guess i was wrong

Mesirus
Only read the first page because Emperor and Super are Cloud haters, which is fair enough so long as their willing to admit it. Cloud and Tifa beat Hayabusa and Ayane 65% - 35%

Quick points: Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar

in Omnislash version 5 Cloud moves it the stop time, so, no, Hayabusa wouldn't be able to keep up.

Hayabusa is not Darth Vader, and are you serious when has cloud ever fought someone with hayabusa's speed? Loz with hive shield is way faster than Hayabusa, moves so fast you can only see see him in every other moment....

Cloud is stronger than either
Cloud has fought Loz and Yazoo and survived with geostigma, then again later he beats them to a degree, so i would expect Cloud vs Hayabusa and Ayane would still result in Cloud's win
Cloud as you so conveniently pointed out beat someone way better than him, who's to say this doesn't happen here, although personally I'd say he's beyond Hayabusa and Ayane
The only reason people think this might have a different result than Cloud & Tifa winning, is because FF7 is used too much thus generates haters, and Hayabusa and Ayane are overrated to a degree

These are just my thoughts, don't hate me guys wink

IceJaw

Their respective jutsu's can cause massive collateral damage, hayabusa can destroy jet like craft with ease and ayane destroyed three conjoining skyscrappers. They win Good post thumb up

Cloud's only chance to win would be to actually win time (somehow) to execute one of his Limit breaks and actually hit the ninja/s with it.

The ninjas wins.

Kadesh
Only read the first page because Emperor and Super are Cloud haters, which is fair enough so long as their willing to admit it. Cloud and Tifa beat Hayabusa and Ayane 65% - 35%

Quick points:

in Omnislash version 5 Cloud moves it the stop time, so, no, Hayabusa wouldn't be able to keep up.

Loz with hive shield is way faster than Hayabusa, moves so fast you can only see see him in every other moment....

Cloud has fought Loz and Yazoo and survived with geostigma, then again later he beats them to a degree, so i would expect Cloud vs Hayabusa and Ayane would still result in Cloud's win
Cloud as you so conveniently pointed out beat someone way better than him, who's to say this doesn't happen here, although personally I'd say he's beyond Hayabusa and Ayane
The only reason people think this might have a different result than Cloud & Tifa winning, is because FF7 is used too much thus generates haters, and Hayabusa and Ayane are overrated to a degree

These are just my thoughts, don't hate me guys wink im an ff7 flamer ya know, yet i like cloud and sephiroth in AC. Haya is strong but i think ayane is overrated

Emperor Ashtar

STFU,Mesirus, you said the same bs last time your debated. Just because you wank cloud doesn't mean everyone else does. I don't hate cloud just his stupid fanboys I.E. you.

Superboy Prime

wow so you are claiming that ryu can move faster than the speed of light because he can move faster than cloud?

Dodge them like how? alreaady when cloud opens the attack?

No offense but are you implying Cloud moves at the speed of light? ...You're starting to lose it...bad.

Emperor Ashtar
Kadesh, stopped debating superboy prime, give him a break he made a mistake.

Superboy Prime

Quick points:

Loz with hive shield is way faster than Hayabusa, moves so fast you can only see see him in every other moment....

These are just my thoughts, don't hate me guys wink

Nice bullshit. Cloud's Omnislash does not stop time. You can clearly see Sephiroth moving along with his hair and pretty much anything else along with Cloud. If time had stopped Cloud would be only thing in motion, besides he doesn't have materia when he performs the Omnislash. You want time stopping moves? Try Hayabusa's Nimpo.

How many times did Loz & Kadaj toy with Cloud though? Cloud wins because he is often overlooked by his opponents. Yazoo would have killed him if he decided to aim properly and blow his brains out of his skull in their first encounter. It has also been often implied all Silver Haired Men are like children, they may be tough but they are mostly children. Ryu is on another level. He won't want to play. He is going to be out for blood, and granted he is faster than Cloud, he has actual magic not granted to him by materia, he has a more powerful weapon(True Dragon Sword) and is in all probability more skilled than Cloud I don't see Cloud outclassing him.

I don't hate FF7, but because I don't see Cloud as a WTFPWNING machine suddenly I'm a hater. FF7 was my 1st and favorite FF7. I've probably finished the game more times than most.

Mesirus
STFU,Mesirus, you said the same bs last time your debated. Just because you wank cloud doesn't mean everyone else does. I don't hate cloud just his stupid fanboys I.E. you.

You can get really moody when you get emotional.
Wank cloud? what are you gay? thats a truly disturbing fantasy
Nice bullshit. Cloud's Omnislash does not stop time. You can clearly see Sephiroth moving along with his hair and pretty much anything else along with Cloud. If time had stopped Cloud would be only thing in motion, besides he doesn't have materia when he performs the Omnislash. You want time stopping moves? Try Hayabusa's Nimpo.

How many times did Loz & Kadaj toy with Cloud though? Cloud wins because he is often overlooked by his opponents. Yazoo would have killed him if he decided to aim properly and blow his brains out of his skull in their first encounter. It has also been often implied all Silver Haired Men are like children, they may be tough but they are mostly children. Ryu is on another level. He won't want to play. He is going to be out for blood, and granted he is faster than Cloud, he has actual magic not granted to him by materia, he has a more powerful weapon(True Dragon Sword) and is in all probability more skilled than Cloud I don't see Cloud outclassing him.

I don't hate FF7, but because I don't see Cloud as a WTFPWNING machine suddenly I'm a hater. FF7 was my 1st and favorite FF7. I've probably finished the game more times than most.

Erk, sticky issues:

1) True Dragon Sword is superior, but as a weapon itself, the First sword is better

2) for someone who's played FF7 and liked it, you side against it alot, as to say, all the time, weird coincidence

3) People should admit what they hate, denial is an ugly thing

4) skip the "You're a fanboy!!!" crap, this isn't a schoolyard

5) Hayabusa is overrated, he's not going to be able to defeat someone of Cloud caliber, period

6) The fact of the matter is Cloud is a more skilled and accomplished swordsman, his feats > Hayabusa's

7) True Yazoo and Loz needed Cloud alive to find mother, belittling them is a weak play, they are as tough as flunkies come

8) Cloud defeated someone who was superior to him in everyway

9) Cloud Omnislash is in the stop time, which is my way of saying, faster than you can react speed, you could see him in 5 places at once, that must be pretty fast

10) Hayabusa is out of Cloud's league, he's below it, he is ultimatly way less impressive

IceJaw
5-10: You fail to say how/why or explain how the heck you came up with that erm

Cloud_VII
It's strange how Ryu didn't expect a series of bullets and missiles coming at him, let alone the fact that he can teleport. So much for the Omnislash.

Also, tell me if Cloud would expect this: 00:23-00:27

Ryu's Energy Attack would vaporize Cloud and Tifa: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tX4JZp9hw1U

I don't see Cloud and Tifa escaping this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eL_KR64MDw

Other way around.

Look above.

Ryu's speed > Cloud's speed. Also, in case you haven't noticed, Ryu's sword, the True Dragon Sword, holds immeasurable power. This was stated by a swordsmith named Muramasa.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=suBFY39P4Ps. As shown in this video, Ryu could just cut through Cloud's swords. Not to mention Ryu has a Plasma Saber, http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/ninja_gaiden_x_item.txt

Plasma Saber: A state-of-the art weapon that uses a magnetic field to contain a stream of superheated plasma.

Plasma Saber MK. II: A upgraded version of the Plasma Saber, in which the plasma oscillator has been tuned to the maximum.

Another bit of info I want to add is that Ryu is not a normal human being but a super ninja who draws his blood from the same ancient deities as the fiends. This was stated by a Greater Fiend named Doku. I know Cloud isn't either since he has Jenova cells. Near the end of NG, Ryu recieved the curse from Doku, and transformed into a fiend. Fiends are very powerful. In fact, in one of the FMV sequences in NG, Ayane says the boldness of the fiends, is the work of the Dark Dragon. It is a cursed blade, bestowing and unfathomable strength upon those wicked enough to wield it.

We see Ryu at one point weilding the Dark Dragon Blade.

Also, Ryu can hold up to three Talismans of Rebirth. Each fully revives him after being killed, not that it would happen in this particular fight, but just saying.

Cloud_VII
Lol, I know you didn't just say that. The Dragon Sword alone was shattered against the Dark Dragon Blade. The True Dragon Sword at the end demolished the Dark Dragon Blade. Also, the True Dragon Sword holds immeasurable power.

Actually, no. As I've mentioned, Ryu possesses superhuman qualties that are above Cloud's. About characters' caliber: Let's see Cloud take on this opponent: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4

I don't think so. Cloud had a tough time fighting Loz and Yazoo which Ryu could kill without a problem. I don't see Cloud taking on 4 soldiers armed with machine guns while fighting a Cyborg at the same time. That's just one of Ryu's feats. Ryu also defeated the Lord of the Fiends, and killed Murai who transformed into the Devil after wielding the Dark Dragon Blade. Don't get me started with feats.

True.

Note it was a clone of Sephiroth from what I've heard. Chances are, the Sephiroth he fought isn't nearly as powerful as the real one. Also, most of Ryu enemies were better than him in just about every way.

Um no. Cloud wasn't in five places at once when he was doing Omnislash. He was just moving fast. I know this since I've watched the movie many times. Also, Ryu's proven to be able to block/dodge multiple bullets at once, so his reaction time is the same; if not, better than Cloud's. Also, check out the video I posted that's named 00:23-00:27.

Now I see that you're biased towards Cloud. Fact is, Ryu's above him.

Emperor Ashtar
Now wait for Mesirus to call you a cloud hater.

Mesirus
He is considering the points, thus not a hater, unlike you

Emperor Ashtar
He is considering the points, thus not a hater, unlike you
He said the samething I said. . . confused

Superboy Prime
We have given points...and yet we are haters...I wonder if we need a Cloud account in order not to be haters.

Cloud_VII
Actually, I changed my mind. Cloud and Tifa would more than likely win against Ryu and Ayane because of the number of materia they have access to. Plus, in terms of skill, Ryu and Cloud are just about equal to each other. I've seen Advent Children and played Ninja Gaiden; Cloud and Ryu have pretty much the same skills. That has little to do with the number of materia spells that are in the Final Fantasy 7 universe. Here's the list of all the materia found in the game: http://www.squarenation.com/ffvii/info/materia_list.php. More about Materia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materia.

Not only that, Final Fantasy characters have really powerful limits. Cloud has the Omnislash version 5 Limit Break and Tifa's most powerful Limit is Final Heaven, which she does in Kingdom Hearts 2 by the way. As for Ryu, he has some powerful spells of his own, such as Inazuma, Ice Storm, and Inferno, as well as a really powerful energy attack. Ayane has Ninpo techniques which are quite impressive. Anyway, here's my ratings for the teams.

Cloud and Tifa: 52%

Ryu and Ayane: 48%

Mesirus
We have given points...and yet we are haters...I wonder if we need a Cloud account in order not to be haters.
wow, talk about childish. By reading your posts i can tell you made up your mind before you read the conditions, to a degree. besides, not about to argue over something as trivial as this

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Actually, I changed my mind. Cloud and Tifa would more than likely win against Ryu and Ayane because of the number of materia they have access to. Plus, in terms of skill, Ryu and Cloud are just about equal to each other. I've seen Advent Children and played Ninja Gaiden; Cloud and Ryu have pretty much the same skills. That has little to do with the number of materia spells that are in the Final Fantasy 7 universe. Here's the list of all the materia found in the game: http://www.squarenation.com/ffvii/info/materia_list.php. More about Materia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materia.

Not only that, Final Fantasy characters have really powerful limits. Cloud has the Omnislash version 5 Limit Break and Tifa's most powerful Limit is Final Heaven, which she does in Kingdom Hearts 2 by the way. As for Ryu, he has some powerful spells of his own, such as Inazuma, Ice Storm, and Inferno, as well as a really powerful energy attack. Ayane has Ninpo techniques which are quite impressive. Anyway, here's my ratings for the teams.

Cloud and Tifa: 52%

Ryu and Ayane: 48%

To counter the ninpo magic, both Cloud and Tifa have Magic Materia (Thunder for Tifa while Cloud has Fire Materia)

There goes your argument about them winning because of materia. Thunder and Fire even while mastered are not enough to put Ryu & Ayane down. To be honest I don't see any of Cloud's limit break to pose a great danger for Ryu. If all goes wrong he can just teleport out of harm's way.

Cloud_VII
Look I don't feel like arguing anymore in this I'm tired. If you believe Ryu and Ayane wins then sure.

Superboy Prime
I don't feel like arguing either, but I felt like telling you that for this matchup Cloud & Tifa are limited to fire & thunder materia. So your argument--while true that FF7's materia system is cheap and uber powerful--does not come into play in this. So yeah I'm siding out of this one too.

Cloud_VII
Well Ryu has five ki slots and a whole bunch of items to replenish ki and he has lol if you played ninja gaiden black ryu has this inscense kettle or whatever that he gets from ayane to replenish his ki so in the fight when he runs out of ki he'll ask ayane for the kettle and shell give it to him and in that time kadaj would come up from behind ayane and cut her butt and shed be like whyd the f**ck you do that? and then kadaj and she'll shoot energy blasts at each other and itll look like dbz budokai 3 when two fighters are fighting beams with each other

Ryu would get hungry so he'd leave ayane all by herself but hell be back he would eat his favorite meal(sushi) and then he'd come back with even more power and beat the shit out of ayane who is disguised as kadaj so ryu would kill his own teamate and then kadaj and loz double team ryu and ryu beats loz and ryu and kadaj fight until they agree to a draw

Cloud_VII
In other words, Ryu and Ayane have limited Ki just like Cloud and Tifa are limited in their Materia. Ryu and Ayane have Ultimate Techniques and Cloud and Tifa have Limit Breaks so this is balanced as it can get.

superbatman86
Cloud and Tifa 10/10.Compared to what C and T have fought Ryu and Ayane are nothing.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by superbatman86
Cloud and Tifa 10/10.Compared to what C and T have fought Ryu and Ayane are nothing.

No comment.

Actually one comment...

Wrong.

superbatman86

No comment.

Actually one comment...

Wrong. Name one instance of either one either seperately or together fighting anything capable of destroying a planet or even a city.

Cloud_VII
Name one instance of either one either seperately or together fighting anything capable of destroying a planet or even a city.
Ryu fought in the Underworld and kicked the Devil's ass. He also broke through the Gates of Hell and fought the Holy Vigoor Emperor...an opponent who no other person could match at the time, since he possessed the Dark Dragon Blade. Ryu was successful against him since he had a weapon that could challenge the Dark Dragon Blade's power, the True Dragon Sword.

What's your point? Sora held his own against Sephiroth and I know he and Ryu could hold their own against each other.

Cloud_VII
I say it's still tied though.

superbatman86
Ryu fought in the Underworld and kicked the Devil's ass. He also broke through the Gates of Hell and fought the Holy Vigoor Emperor...an opponent who no other person could match at the time, since he possessed the Dark Dragon Blade. Ryu was successful against him since he had a weapon that could challenge the Dark Dragon Blade's power, the True Dragon Sword.

What's your point? Sora held his own against Sephiroth and I know he and Ryu could hold their own against each other. One neither was a I'm gonna detroy the world threat and two -KH=Non-Cannon for ff7

Superboy Prime
What exactly do you mean by planet or city destroying? Please don't tell me you're talking about Super Nova, and need I remind you in FF7 CLoud & Tifa didn't tackle the dangers by themselves. Be specific about what you're tyring to bring to the argument. Who or what exactly did Cloud & Tifa fight by themselves that was capable of destroying the whole planet or a city, Super Nova & Meteor excluded for obvious reasons.

Cloud_VII
One neither was a I'm gonna detroy the world threat and two -KH=Non-Cannon for ff7
The same authors created Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts 2. Sephiroth was made equal in both games. Square Enix did not make Sephiroth in KH more or less stronger than in FF7. While he is not canonical to the FF7 universe, he is still the same in terms of power and skill. Both have the same exact list of attacks, and as long as nothing in KH contradicts Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7, then there's nothing to argue about.

Cloud_VII
What exactly do you mean by planet or city destroying? Please don't tell me you're talking about Super Nova, and need I remind you in FF7 CLoud & Tifa didn't tackle the dangers by themselves. Be specific about what you're tyring to bring to the argument. Who or what exactly did Cloud & Tifa fight by themselves that was capable of destroying the whole planet or a city, Super Nova & Meteor excluded for obvious reasons.
It doesn't matter because Cloud and Tifa can't destroy a planet either way.

Cloud_VII
I also wanted to say Sephiroth never did destroy the planet otherwise it would have wiped everything out, including the cast of FF7.

Cloud_VII
This is a draw btw; I've proved that twice already.

superbatman86
The same authors created Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts 2. Sephiroth was made equal in both games. Square Enix did not make Sephiroth in KH more or less stronger than in FF7. While he is not canonical to the FF7 universe, he is still the same in terms of power and skill. Both have the same exact list of attacks, and as long as nothing in KH contradicts Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7, then there's nothing to argue about. As it's not canonical to FF7 then they're not the same characters wheither it's written by the same author or not.It's an Alternate version of the character.

superbatman86
What exactly do you mean by planet or city destroying? Please don't tell me you're talking about Super Nova, and need I remind you in FF7 CLoud & Tifa didn't tackle the dangers by themselves. Be specific about what you're tyring to bring to the argument. Who or what exactly did Cloud & Tifa fight by themselves that was capable of destroying the whole planet or a city, Super Nova & Meteor excluded for obvious reasons. You know being able to destroy a city or planet.And no I'm talking about Metoer and the Weapons.Seph can destroy a planet and the weapons can destroy cities.

superbatman86
This is a draw btw; I've proved that twice already. And no you proved that Ryu and Ayane have beaten people Cloud and Tifa would run over and nothing more.

Cloud_VII
As it's not canonical to FF7 then they're not the same characters wheither it's written by the same author or not.It's an Alternate version of the character.
Did I say he's canonical to Final Fantasy 7? No. I said they are the same in terms of power and skill. Learn to read.

Cloud_VII
And no you proved that Ryu and Ayane have beaten people Cloud and Tifa would run over and nothing more.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4

You're kidding, right?

Cloud_VII
You know being able to destroy a city or planet.And no I'm talking about Metoer and the Weapons.Seph can destroy a planet and the weapons can destroy cities.
Sephiroth can't destroy a planet with his sheer power. He has to summon a meteor that would destroy it for him. Also, Cloud and Tifa did not defeat the Weapons by themselves. It took the whole cast of Final Fantasy 7 to do it. Cloud alone had a tough time fighting Loz and Yazoo, and Tifa in the long run got raped by Loz. Ryu's feats are solely his.

IceJaw
And no you proved that Ryu and Ayane have beaten people Cloud and Tifa would run over and nothing more. Are you REALLY american? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Punctuation

USA

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by IceJaw
Are you REALLY american? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Punctuation

USA
Lmao

Sado22
Ayane is really hot.
Tifa is too damn hot.
Why do they even have to fight?
It's new year. Ryu and Cloud get the booze while Tifa and Ayane turn on the heat. Infact bring in Kasumi and Aeris too.....then we're REALLY talking. evil face
Cloud: this is so much better than standing over my friend's grave and bitching.
Ryu: *gulp* ohh yeahh.........

~The Invincible Sado-sama

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Sado22
Ayane is really hot.
Tifa is too damn hot.
Why do they even have to fight?
It's new year. Ryu and Cloud get the booze while Tifa and Ayane turn on the heat. Infact bring in Kasumi and Aeris too.....then we're REALLY talking. evil face
Cloud: this is so much better than standing over my friend's grave and bitching.
Ryu: *gulp* ohh yeahh.........

... sad

Sado22
you prefer them fighitng?
fine...
they fight and then do the above. happy? big grin

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Sado22
you prefer them fighitng?
fine...
they fight and then do the above. happy? big grin

big grin

Superboy Prime
You know being able to destroy a city or planet.And no I'm talking about Metoer and the Weapons.Seph can destroy a planet and the weapons can destroy cities.

*Cough* Seph can destroy a planet, and so what? He can't under his own power destroy a planet. He is not Goku with a long sword and Bishounen hair. It doesn't really matter if he can or can't destroy a planet because the fact of the matter is he did not, and that still does not suggest Cloud & Tifa are capable of pulling off a feat like that. The Weapons were total pushovers if you ask me, and Cloud & Tifa did not take on the weapons by themselves as I commented earlier, they had 6 other peeps helping them out.

Superboy Prime
And no you proved that Ryu and Ayane have beaten people Cloud and Tifa would run over and nothing more.

No offense, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

superbatman86
Did I say he's canonical to Final Fantasy 7? No. I said they are the same in terms of power and skill. Learn to read. And where pray tell does it say that their eqaul?No where exactly.You have no evidence to base this claim on.

superbatman86
*Cough* Seph can destroy a planet, and so what? He can't under his own power destroy a planet. He is not Goku with a long sword and Bishounen hair. It doesn't really matter if he can or can't destroy a planet because the fact of the matter is he did not, and that still does not suggest Cloud & Tifa are capable of pulling off a feat like that. The Weapons were total pushovers if you ask me, and Cloud & Tifa did not take on the weapons by themselves as I commented earlier, they had 6 other peeps helping them out. Your calling the manifestations of the planets will to protect itself weak?Wow how deluded are you?The fact that he has the means to destroy the planet is makes him planet destroying.

superbatman86
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4

You're kidding, right? Yeah that's still not the size of even a small city so try again.Also he was using the sword to power him up so it's not all his power.

superbatman86
No offense, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I own and have beaten both games and only FF was the world in danger of being destroyed.ANY Weapon would walk through Ryu and anyone else in NG.

Cloud_VII
And where pray tell does it say that their eqaul?No where exactly.You have no evidence to base this claim on.
Do you have any evidence to prove otherwise? I think not, and it's sensible to say Square Enix did not make the dominant Final Fantasy characters any more powerful in Kingdom Hearts II as they were in their respective games. As I said, Sephiroth uses the same list of attacks and seems to be as powerful as he was in FF7. If there isn't anything saying he was stronger, or weaker, then it could only be assumed that he is as powerful.

Cloud_VII
Your calling the manifestations of the planets will to protect itself weak?Wow how deluded are you?The fact that he has the means to destroy the planet is makes him planet destroying.
Sephiroth travels around the world, and goes to the Temple of the Ancients, here he absorbs the knowledge of the Ancients and creates his master plan. He would use something called the black materia, with this, he would summon Meteor, the most powerful force known. When Meteor hits the earth, it will injure the planet so badly that an immense amount of lifestream would be sent to the wound by the planet to try and heal itself. Sephiroth would wait in the wound and merge with the lifestream and become one with the planet.

http://www.tao.cx/tos/story.html

Cloud_VII
Yeah that's still not the size of even a small city so try again.Also he was using the sword to power him up so it's not all his power.
Um...the sword is his...and it must be in the right hands for it to work against the DDB, also. Is Sephiroth's power great enough to destroy a planet? No. He has to summon a force called Meteor, which will injure the planet and cause it to try to heal itself. Even that can't destroy a planet.

Cloud_VII
I own and have beaten both games and only FF was the world in danger of being destroyed.
1. The planet was not in danger of being destroyed, as in being wiped out. Sephiroth was going to merge with the planet and he and Jenova would then become the rulers of it.

2. Read:

The Book of Evil Deities

The ancestor of all Evil Deities, Vigoor, began to devour the territory of Gurdu, beginning at its center. During endless solar and lunar eclipses, the earth shook and split, the seas dried up only to flood into existence again, and intense winds swept over everything and fires burned down all of existence, ignoring even the concept of time itself. Eventually, Gurdu lost his strength and the world once again plunged into the chaos from which it had come.

Then, a great change occurred. During the throes of the unending destruction, the body of Gurdu himself split into fourths. Each part became a Deity itself, controlling Sentiment, Wisdom, Immortality, and Creation. Eventually they would come together to restore shape to the world again, but in their panic-stricken state after their birth they still had little power.

http://www.ninjafortress.com/story.htm

Cloud_VII
ANY Weapon would walk through Ryu and anyone else in NG.
If Cloud, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, Cid, Nanaki, and Aerith could take on the Weapons, then I'm dead positive that Ryu, Murai, Alma, Nicchae, Ishtaros, Marbus, and the Vigoor Emperor can cream them.

Superboy Prime
Your calling the manifestations of the planets will to protect itself weak?Wow how deluded are you?The fact that he has the means to destroy the planet is makes him planet destroying.

The Weapons were not the machines of apocalypse as you make them out to be. For god's sake the party without Cloud made the ultimate weapon flee, and far too many times at that. The other weapons were not owned by the party. One was owned in Junon, and the diamond weapon was raped by the ShinRa Mako canon. You can pretty much finish the game without fighting any of the weapons except the forced encounter with the weak ultimate weapon. So what? Meteor came crashing down a little bit too slow, and Aeris stopped Meteor from destroying the planet. Even Kirby could finish a planet destroying villain if the circunstances were the same.

Cloud_VII
Also he was using the sword to power him up so it's not all his power.
Yeah I believe that's irrelevant to the subject, not to mention Vigoor's power is enough to make the Earth split. That's without the DDB.

Superboy Prime
Funny. He can claim Sephiroth is a planet busting villain because of the Black Materia, but it's wrong for Vigoor to use the DDB...like it matters given Vigoor's power.

IceJaw
Also he was using the sword to power him up so it's not all his power.
Oh, that kinda sounds like that piece of crap argument Ashtar kept repeating in the Spiderman Vs Chun Li thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cloud_VII
If a character achieves a new state of power, then it's their's as long as they're in that state.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Fire Ninja
ass rapoeslaughing

Csdabest
Just wow. I have had the best time reading this thread....CLoud supports make me laugh.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>