Blaster fire colour!?!?!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BornToRule
im not sure if this has been done before and i dont know if this is the right place to put it.

It feels like a real stupid question....

we all know that the laser colour on the lightsabers is determined by the colour of the crystal in it, but on lets say regular blasters and blaster rifles, what determines the colour on those? do they have some sort of crystal aswell? or is it something with the construction?

ive beeen thinking on this for 2 days now and i cant get it out of my mind so i have to ask..............

JaehSkywalker
no idea...

but i think when its red its set for 'bio'
and blue for machines... *electric*

Slyððering
Hmm.....that's actually a very good (although slightly odd) question....

bogen
The blaster colour was purly a device of george lucas for goodie bady diferentation.
Red is more menasing a colour
red blasters
red sabers
red gaurds
red eyes ( palps)

JaehSkywalker
right. happy

BornToRule
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
no idea...

but i think when its red its set for 'bio'
and blue for machines... *electric*

that would make sense...but what about green then?

Originally posted by bogen
The blaster colour was purly a device of george lucas for goodie bady diferentation.
Red is more menasing a colour
red blasters
red sabers
red gaurds
red eyes ( palps)

that could aswell make sense, but its just that the good guys have red blaster shots aswell. and its not just blaster it could be laser canons on spaceships(the x-wing has red i think).

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by BornToRule
that would make sense...but what about green then?

that could aswell make sense, but its just that the good guys have red blaster shots aswell. and its not just blaster it could be laser canons on spaceships(the x-wing has red i think).

green... that's for fighters right?

i have nooo idea... big grin

BornToRule
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
green... that's for fighters right?

i have nooo idea... big grin

yea i think the empires tie-fighters has green in the original trilogy

Captain REX
Blasters are powered by two things: power packs and various gases. The power packs energize the various gases into a tangible bolt that is fired from the gun.

Therefore, it might have something to do with what kinds of gases are used...

Colors have no effect on how strong the laser is or what makes the guns tick or what the gun is used for.

Anyways, colors.

Green- In the PT, all the blasters used by Padme and co. on Naboo fire green bolts, as do their ships. In the OT, the green lasers are a signature thing of Imperial spacecraft.

Red/Orange- The universal blaster color, I think. In the PT, most things Confederacy of Independent Systems fire red bolts, droids and spacecraft alike. Jango shoots red. In the OT, the Rebels are the ones with all the red, though the stormtroopers also fire red bolts. The red/orange thing is just because they all kinda blend together anyways...

Blue- I don't think it's used in the OT, except for TIE fighter shooting miscolorations. It's only used by the clonetroopers in the PT.

Purple- The Geonosian starfighters were the only case where the shots fired purple.

BornToRule
your answer seems like the one ill go with unless anyone else have something alse to say.

thx for making things a little clearer...

Captain REX
Not a problem. happy

Darth Subjekt
Blue....also the X-wings photon torpedos, if that counts.

Captain REX
The proton torpedoes were kinda purpley-red-orangeish. But they were plasma-encased warheads, a bit different. ermm

JaehSkywalker
can't believe i didn't notice the geonosian fighters use purple... ermm

nice interpretation nyways...

Captain REX
I thought so. happy

And yeah, they were purple. And it looked weird. ermm

Deus Venèficus
Stardestroyer.net explains all this (and uses all canon sources). It has to do with the type of gasses used.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Captain REX
Neato.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.