Norrington and Beckett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shannstar79
ok guys what do you think about this, some of us have been talking about the fact that Beckett may have been in a leauge with Tia, well something hit me today as I was doing my hair: next time you watch DMC pay close attention to the last scene with with Beckett and Norrington
Norrington brings the heart of Davy Jones to beckett, now if you were beckett and a fugitve from justice walks into your office wouldnt you have said arrest this man, but no the first thing that came out of Becketts mouth is do you have the compass, norrington says something better, the heart of Davy Jones

now what if the whole "pirate thing " with norrington was a put on and a plan by Beckett and Norrington in another attempt to gain control of the compass: now this of course is my opinion only but it makes scence

in summary Beckett and Norrington form an alliance, the letters of marque had no name on them orriginally so there for Norries name could havebeen added at anytime, now that Beckett has the heart, Norrie will be come Admiral for AWE.
Beckett had to announce Norries name in the beginning of the movie as havinga warrant for his arrest to try and cause confusion that way no one would know they were working together

what do u guys think about this?

Chiki Mina
Well Norrrie was listening to Jack when he was reading the letters of marque. And saying that beckette is looking for the chest. Im not exactly sure what was going on through norries head. All that Norrington wants is to have his life back.

sailorleo
hmm...that's very intresting...i never really thought about ti bt it makes sense...hmmmm....i just don't like the thought of norrie in league with beckett

Chiki Mina
well...unfortunetely Norie and beckette are gonna work together in AWE sad I dunno about u all but I hate Norrington with that wig.

But since Norrie got the heart for beckette then Norrington will work with beckett. I think Norries main goal is to capture Jack Sparrow.

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by shannstar79

what do u guys think about this?

uhhhhh................ *drop of drool hanging from lip* i don't get it *wipes mouth*

lovethemtigers
Well...by George..I think you've discovered something....I wish I could see that scene so I could check it out myself...but yes, if that's true....humm...what could it mean....

lovethemtigers
OMG I just had a thought...If Norrington and Beckett were in cohoots all along..then that would explain how Beckett knew when the wedding was going to take place...and that would explain him suggesting "fate intervenes" and knowing about the compass.....I believe Norrington picked up on vibes between Jack and Liz in the time of POTC 1 and perhaps told Beckett of these suspicions....that's why he tells Liz...when they say they remember Captain Jack Sparrow and he specifically looks at Liz and says, "I thought you might...."....

katelovespirate
hmmm yeah i definately think beckett is getting info from SOMEWHERE... but somehow, i dont think its Norrie. Norrie is seriously a broken man at the beginning of 2... if he were in league with Beckett, he wouldnt be so despondent. and he would have no reason to steal the letters of marque... right?

but i dont knw... i could be wrong... cause the last scene definately seems wierd. like they knew each other or something.

perhaps they DID know each other at one time, when Norrington was back in England or something.

shannstar79
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
OMG I just had a thought...If Norrington and Beckett were in cohoots all along..then that would explain how Beckett knew when the wedding was going to take place...and that would explain him suggesting "fate intervenes" and knowing about the compass.....I believe Norrington picked up on vibes between Jack and Liz in the time of POTC 1 and perhaps told Beckett of these suspicions....that's why he tells Liz...when they say they remember Captain Jack Sparrow and he specifically looks at Liz and says, "I thought you might...."....

good point lovethemtigers
I like norriew and I hope that I amwrong about this but it all seems toi ake some sence
lovleyOne what do u think??????

sailorleo
you know what? crazy thought! i think that if they knew each other from before they were rivals, in something and norrie won...because beckett sucks monkey balls...any who, beckett might be rueing this because the tides have changed....? maybe?

shannstar79
never thought about that!
Interesting!

sailorleo
well i try...

shannstar79
U know I really like Norrie, but I cant help but think hes got something to do with Beckett, that last scene just screams (SOMETHINGS GOINGON HERE!!!)I hope I am wrong, but when beckett looks up at Norrie and ask him calmly "do you have the compss" and Norrie is like no, something better, the heart of Davy Jones
how did norrie know Beckett wated the heart of Davy jones!!!!!!!!!!!!! all Beckett told Will and liz was to bring back the compass or there is no deal, he never spoke about Davy Jones at all
????????????????????????????????????

sailorleo
maybe he threatend norrie b4 the movie took place...if that makes sense...

shannstar79
what if Beckett is the reason Norrie lost his crew and commision, he banished norrie and told him unless he finds Jack Sparrow and the compass he would never wear a Royal Navy uniform again ??

sailorleo
possible possible

shannstar79
I dont know I may be reading too much into that last scene, but there has to be some explination as to where Beckett is getting his info and Norrie is the only one I can think of that the movie suggest from that last scene between the two of them

Chiki Mina
But norrington just found out about the compass and the chest when Jack was reading the letters of marque in the pearl.

Nevermind I dont make sense.

shannstar79
no you do make sence, thats why i posted this here, maybe I ma totally wrong and I just needed you guys to help me find clues from the movie that point to beckett and norrie or no beckett and norrie

and I do see what you are saying, I dont believe Norrie knew of the compass is movie 1

Oh wait I take that back he points out that the compass only points north after jack rescues Liz

Chiki Mina
Norrie knows or knew back then that the compass was broken.

Surreal_44
The marriage between Will and Elizabeth would be very well known, because Elizabeth is so wealthy, plus I'm sure there were rumors buzzing everywhere about the governor's daughter marrying a blacksmith...someone well below her station.

The fact that Beckett knew about the wedding would not have been a huge shock.

As far as Norrington being in league with Beckett, I don't believe that for a moment. On Wordplayer, Ted said that Norrington was utterly devastated by Elizabeth's rejection of his suit, and by the fact that she used not only him but his men without thought, all to save Will.

Remember, Norrington was not the only victim of Elizabeth's love for Will...every death on the Dauntless during the first movie is technically blood on Elizabeth's hands because she not only manipulated Norrington, but also neglected to let James know that the pirates were undead.

Of course, Jack didn't let on that as well, so he is also partially to blame for all those deaths....

At any rate, James became obsessed with hunting down Jack, and he tried to sail through the hurricane...the loss of his ship and more importantly, his men, pushed Norrington over the edge.

Ted also said that he felt that James resigned on his own, instead of getting kicked out of the Navy.

The scene at the end, James' arm was being held by an EITC soldier. If you watch he jerks his arm away and mockingly bows at the other guy as he walks off.

There was supposed to be a scene where Mercer offers Norrington something in return for the compass/chest/heart in Tortuga, but it was cut from the film.

So I don't th think Norrington is working with Beckett...I think in the third film he will turn against Beckett and do something to redeem himself.

There's lots of rumors flying around about that too...I almost think that he would be the one to take DJ's place...to have Will do it just seems too...I don't know. Easy, I think.

Norrington's story actually mirrors DJ's much more than Will's does.

Surreal_44
Oh and on a fun note...

When Norrington holds the compass in the first movie, it points to Jack. Maybe he's secretly loves him!!!

Or, more than likely, what he wants most in the world at that exact moment is to catch/kill Jack Sparrow. big grin big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.