Sephiroth vs Mewtwo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaled
Sephiroth has all his powers from AC, KH1, KH2 and FF7 with the exceptions of Heartless angel and Super Nova.

Mewtwo may not take control of Sephiroth's body either

MadMel
i like chocolate, thanks for being so considorate...
i dont want to get caught up in a fanboy war so im not saying who'll win..erm

Kaled
hehe i'm a fanboy of them both, please help me out here sad

ESB -1138
Enough of the Sephiroth threads already!!

Any who I'll say Sephiroth. Sephiroth would teleport which is something that Mewtwo has never shown to do and slice him in two.

IceJaw
Mewtwo can teleport erm

Play SSBM erm

Blax X
Duh, damn ESB... your post made my brain hurt.

Mew-Two can teleport and do virtually everything Sephiroth can do. Plus live in a vaccum. This is extremely even imo.

Kaled
hmm, i think mewtwo wins because i can't think of how sephiroth would get into his barriar

Mesirus
OMG a good match!!!

okies, Sephiroth could break mewtwos barrair ith those anti barriars. He doesn't have his best powerset so can't kill mewtwo quickly and mewtwo can't just crush seph. this would be a long drawn out fight, seph would be closing the distance because all he really does is swipe with his sword, and mewtwo would be flying about firing pyschic energy balls. they can both heal and have powers than could destroy huge area's but i think in the end its be a double kill, the only way either one will kill the other is if they blow up the area their in, seems like an eternal fight in which cause mewtwo wins because he doesn't age.

Sephiroth, because he has a larger power set.

Nikkolas
No, it wouldn't. Mewtwo mindrapes Sephiroth who has no defense against external penetration. He makes Sephiroth forget he's fighting Mewtwo, then beats him to death with TK. And yes, Sephiroth doesn' thave any real form of telepathy or defense against these things from all that was ever said in the game or movie. He is wide open for mental attacks.

Kaled
Originally posted by Nikkolas
No, it wouldn't. Mewtwo mindrapes Sephiroth who has no defense against external penetration. He makes Sephiroth forget he's fighting Mewtwo, then beats him to death with TK. And yes, Sephiroth doesn' thave any real form of telepathy or defense against these things from all that was ever said in the game or movie. He is wide open for mental attacks.

external penetration?? i can't describe how many things is worng with that

i dunno, i thought if you have a strong mind then you were less vunerable, and sephiroth has a strong mind, but i'm not goingh to pretend liek i know what you said, so i'l just smile and nod yes

Aranwe Valuin
I'm gonna say Sephiroth, but I won't say why as to avoid getting caught up in an arguement. That's my opinion, deal with it. xD

But I do agree with what's his face.... ENOUGH WITH SEPHIROTH! If you're so intent on using FFVII then show me some good Vincent Valentine match ups, and not retarded ones... like "he has Chaos but.... he can't use his gun!"

wiccan999
Mewtwo for the win Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Captain SEX
Iono actually. I'm eding toward Sephiroth simply because he has a wider range of attacks at his disposal.

Though, does Sephiroth ever been shown to resist TK?

IceJaw
Nope and that's why Mewtwo wins erm

wiccan999
Mewtwo wins with his uber telekinesis.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by IceJaw
Mewtwo can teleport erm

Play SSBM erm

Too bad Super Smash Bros Melee isn't canon. Are you saying that I can take down Ganondorf (who everyone says can only be hurt by the Master Sword) by a baseball bat?

Now let's look at the actual Pokemon games/movies. In the games Mewtwo learns many powerful moves but never teleport. In every movie/episode Mewtwo has appeared in he has been shown to have very powerful attacks but never once teleports.

By your logic also using Super Smash Bros Melee, a Pichu can defeat Mewtwo even though Mewtwo has been seen taking down multiple pokemon with little ease.

kamikz
Well, I would agree that if it hasn't been shown anywhere but Super Smash, then we can't base it on that.

Nikkolas
Who cares? Mewtwo still blows up his brain. Sephiroth has no defense against psychic attacks.

ESB -1138
Who cares? Mewtwo still blows up his brain. Sephiroth has no defense against psychic attacks.

You mean like how Mewtwo just blew up Mew's brain? Or how Mewtwo did it to Ash? Or how Mewtwo did it to anyone else he was fighting? Oh wait Mewtwo never did.

Kayne Archeron

apparently you don't remember the voice speaking to Cloud throughout FF7. if Sephiroth can use it to his own advantage, then he's obviously got SOME resistance to it

Nikkolas
A. That was the Jenova cells. Not Sephiroth's own psychic abilities.
B. Cloud was mentally wraped for that entire part of the game....he didn't even know who he was..literally. So, it's not very impressive to use something already in his biology to screw with teh mind of a guy who's mind is already screwed.

PIS. It's a KID's movie. They often show brain's going boom and people dying in kid's movies? He has mindwiped hundreds if not thousands of people. He can do it to Sephiroth.

derrick666
A. That was the Jenova cells. Not Sephiroth's own psychic abilities.
B. Cloud was mentally wraped for that entire part of the game....he didn't even know who he was..literally. So, it's not very impressive to use something already in his biology to screw with teh mind of a guy who's mind is already screwed.

PIS. It's a KID's movie. They often show brain's going boom and people dying in kid's movies? He has mindwiped hundreds if not thousands of people. He can do it to Sephiroth.
So true Happy Dance thumb up rock

ESB -1138

Whoa. You are saying Mewtwo can do something no one has never seen him do. Okay Sephiroth can negate physic powers; you never see him do it but he can.

It is very clear Mewtwo cannot do what you are saying. Sephiroth on the other hand managed to control his Jenova clones (other Sephiroths) while frozen in mako energy. He even invaded Cloud's body at the end of the game to try and take it as a new vessel but Cloud managed to stop him.

If Cloud can stop someone from taking control of his body then so can Sephiroth.

Veldar
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
apparently you don't remember the voice speaking to Cloud throughout FF7. if Sephiroth can use it to his own advantage, then he's obviously got SOME resistance to it

Finally someone who makes sense! You also have to remember that until the very end of Final Fantasy 7, Sephiroth doesn't even operate with a physical body. He uses astral projections, and telepathy to do his bidding. Mewtwo would have to destroy the physical body which would be practically impossible since Sephiroth is dead. The fact of the matter is that Mewtwo is essentially Sephiroth in Poke'mon form. Hoever, ephiroth has access to supernovas and god-like abilities, AND he holds back Holy while directing Meteor to Earth. How powerful do you think he would be if he didn't have to spilt his mental attention? Mewtwo would be overwhelmed.

Yes, and enough of the FF7 fights. It's a great game and all, but enough.

Captain SEX
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Too bad Super Smash Bros Melee isn't canon. Are you saying that I can take down Ganondorf (who everyone says can only be hurt by the Master Sword) by a baseball bat?

Now let's look at the actual Pokemon games/movies. In the games Mewtwo learns many powerful moves but never teleport. In every movie/episode Mewtwo has appeared in he has been shown to have very powerful attacks but never once teleports.

By your logic also using Super Smash Bros Melee, a Pichu can defeat Mewtwo even though Mewtwo has been seen taking down multiple pokemon with little ease.

You fail. Miserably.

In the games, teleport is one of Mew-Two's abilities, which teleports you and him to any part of the map. It's instentaneous to.

Whoa. You are saying Mewtwo can do something no one has never seen him do. Okay Sephiroth can negate physic powers; you never see him do it but he can.

You fail, again.

In the games and books Mew-Two uses his psyicic powers to mind rape a team rocket personell as well as all five of his pokemon.

If Cloud can stop someone from taking control of his body then so can Sephiroth.

Except that their is different ways to take over ones body. The way Sephiroth did it might be completely different, as the FF crew tend to use magical abilities, as opposed to TK.

ESB -1138
You fail. Miserably.

In the games, teleport is one of Mew-Two's abilities, which teleports you and him to any part of the map. It's instentaneous to.

Really? These are the moves Mewtwo can learn in Pokemon:

#150: Mewtwo (Psychic)

Start - Confusion (Psychic)
Start - Disable (Normal)
Start - Swift (Normal)
Level 63 - Barrier (Psychic)
Level 66 - Psychic (Psychic)
Level 70 - Recover (Normal)
Level 75 - Mist (Ice)
Level 81 - Amnesia (Psychic)

Hmm according to the game (highest form of cannon for pokemon) Mewtwo cannot learn teleport. Also in the movie when battling Mew again Mewtwo shows no sign of using teleport even though Mew does. Super Smash Bros Melee is not cannon so build a bridge and get over it.

You fail, again.

In the games and books Mew-Two uses his psyicic powers to mind rape a team rocket personell as well as all five of his pokemon.

What game are you playing? Mewtwo is found in the Unknown Dungeon only in Red/Blue/Yellow and FireRed/LeafGreen and no one else goes near Mewtwo. So again you are wrong.

Except that their is different ways to take over ones body. The way Sephiroth did it might be completely different, as the FF crew tend to use magical abilities, as opposed to TK.

Let's review: Mewtwo didn't blow up Mew's mind when in fierce combat with him, none of those professors, not Ash, nor any other person/pokemon Mewtwo faced. So that clearly means Mewtwo cannot just blow up one's mind or else he would have.

Nikkolas
Nope. He controlled the Jenova cells in the clones. Nothing more. The cells did the rest of the work. he did not reach out, snag their minds and that was it. he reached out, snagged the cells and used the cells to control theri minds. He never once demonstrated telepathy or any of that on someone not with Jenova cells.

And anyone could summon meteor. it's a materia and it was stated that if you have the Planet's energy behind you, you can use it. Sephiroth, therefore, is nothing special. Holding off Holy won't help him when psychic attacks are eating his brain.

A>B>C loigic. Fails. Sephiroth and Cloud are completely different.

And Mewtwo mindwiped hundreds then hundreds more in teh second movie while also creating storms capable of eradicating humanity and lifting a mountain and a lake in the second film I believe. So, these aren't things Sephiroth could do because, as I'v esaid, the little piss-ant can't get in the mind of anyone he can't biologically attach himself to via the Jenova cells. Metwo however, can.

ESB -1138

And Mewtwo mindwiped hundreds then hundreds more in teh second movie while also creating storms capable of eradicating humanity and lifting a mountain and a lake in the second film I believe. So, these aren't things Sephiroth could do because, as I'v esaid, the little piss-ant can't get in the mind of anyone he can't biologically attach himself to via the Jenova cells. Metwo however, can.

Oh you mean how Sephiroth (with his mind) forced the Shin-Ra building to collapse while fighting Cloud in Advent Children. And I would like to see where it says anyone can use Black Materia.

You keep saying Mewtwo can do all these things and yet he couldn't even take down Mew despite the fact Mewtwo wanted to kill Mew to prove he is the best. Where's all the power now? And Sephiroth whipping out planets with Super Nova is more impressive then a little storm.

Nikkolas
Hm. What's harder to do...make a building collapse or start a storm to kill humanity. Make a tall structure fall down or move a mountain..What a tough choice.

And as for the Black Materia...

erith: Nope, we can't use it right now. You need great spiritual power to use it.

Cloud: You mean lots of Spiritual energy?

Aerith: That's right. One person's power alone won't do it. Somewhere special. Where there's plenty of the Planet's energy... Oh yeah! The Promised Land!

And the fact that it was sealed would kinda suggest they didn't want people getting their hands on it.....duh?

And Sephiroth couldn't kill Cloud who he wanted dead....let's see. 1...2....3..times now.

And Supernova isn't really destroying planets, I'm afraid. Notice how the planets RE-APPEAR? It's just a spell. It's like how Titan rips up a chunk of land, dumps it, then teh land re-appears. He doesn't really rip up land. And in teh real FFVII world, Sephiroth can't destroy planets. It's just a flashy spell and that's why the planets re-appear each and every time. Plus, if the power of a sun can't kill Yuffie...Cait Sith...Mr. T-wannabe Barret...it can't hurt Mewtwo.

Mesirus
I say now. Mewtwo bends Sephiroth's sword into a spoon then redirects any attack Sephiroth conjures against him, like hyper beam, most powerful attack (supposedly) stopped with little to no effort. I am a Sephiroth fan, but i fail to see how he can defeat Mewtwo.

ESB -1138
Hm. What's harder to do...make a building collapse or start a storm to kill humanity. Make a tall structure fall down or move a mountain..What a tough choice.

And as for the Black Materia...

erith: Nope, we can't use it right now. You need great spiritual power to use it.

Cloud: You mean lots of Spiritual energy?

Aerith: That's right. One person's power alone won't do it. Somewhere special. Where there's plenty of the Planet's energy... Oh yeah! The Promised Land!

And the fact that it was sealed would kinda suggest they didn't want people getting their hands on it.....duh?

And Sephiroth couldn't kill Cloud who he wanted dead....let's see. 1...2....3..times now.

And Supernova isn't really destroying planets, I'm afraid. Notice how the planets RE-APPEAR? It's just a spell. It's like how Titan rips up a chunk of land, dumps it, then teh land re-appears. He doesn't really rip up land. And in teh real FFVII world, Sephiroth can't destroy planets. It's just a flashy spell and that's why the planets re-appear each and every time. Plus, if the power of a sun can't kill Yuffie...Cait Sith...Mr. T-wannabe Barret...it can't hurt Mewtwo.

Sephiroth: Go Master Ball!!

The End...b!tches

Also you keep making references to the movies/show but neither of them or cannon when it comes to a Video Game debate considering that Mewtwo was in the Unknown Dungeon throughout Red/Blue.

You keep saying Mewtwo can move mountains and crap but that's only the movie.

Nikkolas
A. YOu had no problem with me arguing about the movie feats till I destroyed your points.

2. I smell hypocrisy.

IceJaw

Really? These are the moves Mewtwo can learn in Pokemon:

#150: Mewtwo (Psychic)

Start - Confusion (Psychic)
Start - Disable (Normal)
Start - Swift (Normal)
Level 63 - Barrier (Psychic)
Level 66 - Psychic (Psychic)
Level 70 - Recover (Normal)
Level 75 - Mist (Ice)
Level 81 - Amnesia (Psychic)

*COUGH*GAME MECHANIC*COUGH*

Kayne Archeron
Nope. He controlled the Jenova cells in the clones. Nothing more. The cells did the rest of the work. he did not reach out, snag their minds and that was it. he reached out, snagged the cells and used the cells to control theri minds. He never once demonstrated telepathy or any of that on someone not with Jenova cells.

And anyone could summon meteor. it's a materia and it was stated that if you have the Planet's energy behind you, you can use it. Sephiroth, therefore, is nothing special. Holding off Holy won't help him when psychic attacks are eating his brain.

by your logic of Sephiroth not being powerful because it's Jenova's Cells, then Mewtwo should be rendered powerless as well because it's Mew's cells he's made of

the abilities Sephiroth gets from Jenova's Cells are just as much his own abilities as they are Jenova's; they're technically part of his body, and have been there since he was born

ESB -1138
A. YOu had no problem with me arguing about the movie feats till I destroyed your points.

2. I smell hypocrisy.

A. Because Advent Children is a SEQUEL to Final Fantasy VII and Pokemon the Movie is NOT a SEQUEL to the game because Mewtwo is in the Unknown Dungeon in the game but on some island in the movie far off from the Unknown Dungeon.

B. You no longer get to talk after that very gay Who can Stop the Sith theard you did on Star Wars so

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ryften/funnypics/stfu.jpg

Nikkolas
I'm not saying they're not his powers. I'm saying they only apply and were shown to be capable of working on other siwth Jenova cells. He only ever used any form of telepathy o anything of that sort on Cloud and the Sephiroth clones by manipulating the Jenova cells in their body because he can control Jenova cells. Mewtwo does not have any so Sephiroth's pitiful psychic powers are useless.

Uh-huh. It's still a movie, moron. You effed up and were a hypocrite. Admit to it and show some balls.

Not my fault you weren't breastfed as a child and have thus developed a sense of bitterness towards the world that has impaired your sense of humor. A person with precisely one half of a brain cell could deduce it was simply a joke. And that person with that 1/2 of a brain cell could also come to teh conclusion I don't care if they found something I made "retarded" because I did not make it for that person. I made it for myself to have some fun.

Grow up. When any other person questions my debating skills after that thread your claims will be more than simply a child's rambling after being pwned.

IceJaw
http://premium1.uploadit.org/ryften/funnypics/stfu.jpg Not this again erm

Nikkolas
I'm not gonna post in here after this unless there is any more serious debate.

FACTS:
Sephiroth has never been shown to manipulate or do any sort of mental attack or power on anyone NOT with Jenova Cells.

Mewtwo is a Psychic Pokemon which means he can attack the mind of any being. Pokemons, humans, whatever. He does not need a biological connection to his foe to do so.

Thus, Sephiroth has shown no immunity or defense against psychic attacks. Which basically means Mewtwo can mindrape him with no problem.

Contradict the facts or don't post.

Tek888
mewtwo

Kayne Archeron
I'm not gonna post in here after this unless there is any more serious debate.

FACTS:
Sephiroth has never been shown to manipulate or do any sort of mental attack or power on anyone NOT with Jenova Cells.

Mewtwo is a Psychic Pokemon which means he can attack the mind of any being. Pokemons, humans, whatever. He does not need a biological connection to his foe to do so.

Thus, Sephiroth has shown no immunity or defense against psychic attacks. Which basically means Mewtwo can mindrape him with no problem.

Contradict the facts or don't post.

there's also the factor of speed. Sephiroth is still a pretty swift fellow, so there's a good chance he can get a one-two slice on Mewtwo before he can even use his psychic powers

Tek888
mewtwo completely controlled joy for weeks. he made so many people have amnesia. he digs his voice into everyones head without effort as he was speaking. but this is just movie-mewtwo.

but the gameversion also owns sephiroth.

sephiroth is overrated, and mewtwo is very underrated. all versions of mewtwo owns sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.