Hardest boss ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaled
At the time of you fighting or competing against them, who in your opinion is the hardest boss you've fought?

My personnal contenders are:
Sephiroth: KH1 - Sephiroth is way out of Sora's league, i was devestated when all you ended up doing was knocking out a single feather of his wing disgust

Cyberdemon: Doom 3 - First time around i hadn't charged up the soul cube.

Ruby Weapon: FF7 - Anyone whos ever fought him knows what i mean, if not.... well its hard to describe

Deathwing: Warcraft 2: The dark Saga - a mission where you had to make do with what you had, your hero can't die and need him to kill deathwing, so hard

Impediment
-Ruby and Emerald Weapons from FFVII

-Sadler from RE4 on Professional mode.

IceJaw
RE4 is simple What the f**k?

Mephisto (when lvl 1laughing out loud )

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by IceJaw
RE4 is simple What the f**k?

Mephisto (when lvl 1laughing out loud ) From Diablo?

IceJaw
Yup, give it a shot

Swe_Bum
Why not diablo or Baal when lvl 1?

Swe_Bum
ops.. EDIT!

ESB -1138
Omega from FF9

Mesirus
baal at hell difficultly at lvl 1

Cyberdemon when your only ammo left is on the pistol

Safer Sephiroth when you've only got cid left at 2147 hp

me at SW:battlefront on a jedi map

any the only real boss thats ever given me trouble no matter what i did was Dark Element from Dark Chronical, i didn't have a machine gun so he's near impossible to kill in 3 mins

crazy_shadow
more like omega from enchanted arms...(without sniper shot)

Mesirus
ratatta lvl 2 on pokemon when your starting pokemon has 1 hp, and is only lvl 6

Impediment
RE4 is simple

On Professional mode with very little ammo and 3 grenades left? I think not. BTW, it says "Boss", not game. RE4 is a challenging game, but not hard.

Kaled
Originally posted by Mesirus
baal at hell difficultly at lvl 1

Cyberdemon when your only ammo left is on the pistol

Safer Sephiroth when you've only got cid left at 2147 hp

me at SW:battlefront on a jedi map

any the only real boss thats ever given me trouble no matter what i did was Dark Element from Dark Chronical, i didn't have a machine gun so he's near impossible to kill in 3 mins

your just listing your inability to fore see what going to happen erm

Gregory
In Castlevania: SotN, the Inverted Catacombs, there is a boss called Galamoth. I believe he gave me more grief then any other boss in any other game. When I replayed the game recently, I beat him on my first go, so I guess it was just youthful incompetence, mostly, but I'm going to stick him at the top of the list anyway.

Otherwise, the Weapons in FF7.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Impediment
On Professional mode with very little ammo and 3 grenades left? I think not. BTW, it says "Boss", not game. RE4 is a challenging game, but not hard. Why the the low amount of ammo? blink Use the knife more often and yes, I know

Trolly
The Shopkeeper

IceJaw
From?

Spartan005
Hmm... maybe the last boss from House of the Dead 3 or something (Its hard when you don't have that many lives left anyway)

And probably K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country 2... he's a painin the ass

TricksterPriest
Jinpachi Mishima: Namco's answer to SNK boss syndrome.
Igniz: Cheapest example of above. Worst boss design ever! What the f**k?
God Rugal. Evil bastard on boss mode. Best fighting game boss ever, but insanely powerful.

BackFire
If I remember correctly, the final boss in Chrono Trigger was pretty difficult.

And, while Kefka isn't incredibly difficult, navigating through the final dungeon to reach him is pretty challenging.

MadMel
ruby weapon. ff7....no expression
the last boss on FF9, cant remember the name..

ESB -1138
Originally posted by MadMel

Necron I believe his name was

MadMel
ya thats him, thnx...

§P0oONY
Murai; Ninja Gaiden... Only if you're new to the game though.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Impediment
On Professional mode with very little ammo and 3 grenades left? I think not. BTW, it says "Boss", not game. RE4 is a challenging game, but not hard.

That's all I take to fight him anyway; I sell the rest before the fight.

A few grenades is all you need.

IceJaw
Mundus from Devil May Cry 1 on Dante must die difficulty

TricksterPriest
Pshhhh. Mundus? He's not that bad once you get his pattern, though his shit really hurts if it connects. Now Nightmare, HIM I ****ING HATE! Bastard is crazy hard on DMD mode. Only boss I ever had to use an item on.

mysterio69
i remember when i was 4 yrs. old playing super mario bros. friggin' bowser shoting all those hammers. it was quite difficult for my dim-witted little brain.

Skeets
Originally posted by BackFire
If I remember correctly, the final boss in Chrono Trigger was pretty difficult.

And, while Kefka isn't incredibly difficult, navigating through the final dungeon to reach him is pretty challenging.
Lavos is pretty easy.

Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII is impossible to beat without the right prep and items.

Kayne Archeron
KING LOUIE THE 2ND TIME ON SNES JUNGLE BOOK
WTF HOMING BANANAS T_T
or anything on Ghouls and Ghosts for that matter

JToTheP
DMC3 DMD mode, period. You can go straight from DMC1 DMD mode to playing it, and you still have 1% chance of surviving let alone beating it.

Heaven Or Hell mode is simple, use guns.

TricksterPriest
Word. Vergil is pretty bad, but some of the bosses were worse. It took me forever just to beat Cerberus. 1%? Bit much. Try 0.5% laughing out loud I agree, it's pretty brutal. But.... isn't that why we love the series?

JToTheP
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Word. Vergil is pretty bad, but some of the bosses were worse. It took me forever just to beat Cerberus. 1%? Bit much. Try 0.5% laughing out loud I agree, it's pretty brutal. But.... isn't that why we love the series?

Yes, and two managed to have tricky, not difficult bosses, but Tricky. Like that ****in Fish on Lucia Must Die, invisible! mad

TricksterPriest
Wait, you got killed by a boss on DMC2? Hahahahahah! Sorry, but DMC2 is a kiddy version of the first game. Not bad, but really not par with the rest of the series. The bosses were a joke compared to the other 2 games.

Alpha Centauri
There was a boss on the original M.D.K, I forget what it was called, but it was really annoyingly hard.

That game was created when someone was on LSD anyway I think.

-AC

JToTheP
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wait, you got killed by a boss on DMC2? Hahahahahah! Sorry, but DMC2 is a kiddy version of the first game. Not bad, but really not par with the rest of the series. The bosses were a joke compared to the other 2 games.

Not EXACTLY, 2 isn't that bad, you're just overexaggerating your opinion, and yes getting killed by an INVISIBLE fish is easy. I doubt you played through Lucia Must Die, and Dante Must Die modes, you probably stopped at Normal, which is why you came up with such assumptions about the game.

TricksterPriest
Actually, I beat DMD mode on the first two games. I got stuck on Leviathan in DMC3. Also DMD mode. The fish wasn't nearly as bad as the guys in 3. Besides, you can see him. He's got a predator style cloak, so look for the distortion in the water.

~Forever*Alone~
Originally posted by Spartan005
Hmm... maybe the last boss from House of the Dead 3 or something (Its hard when you don't have that many lives left anyway)

And probably K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country 2... he's a painin the ass

K. Rool was too ****in easy stick out tongue

JToTheP
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
K. Rool was too ****in easy stick out tongue

He's the first boss I realized they developed with a pattern, when I was 9. stick out tongue

Kaled
that big toad guy from super mario brother 2 was solid, but then i was like 6 when i played that so not sure if it counts

Burning thought
..hardest bosses ever are prob WoW bosses, Ragnaros, Onyxia, basically ALL BWL and most of AQ temple bosses......for a guild with no prep...

OR ON YOUR OWN!!! impossible big grin, possible only for savvy guilds of power

Kaled
Originally posted by Burning thought
..hardest bosses ever are prob WoW bosses, Ragnaros, Onyxia, basically ALL BWL and most of AQ temple bosses......for a guild with no prep...

OR ON YOUR OWN!!! impossible big grin, possible only for savvy guilds of power

Well yeah, but you'd never get to them, and the creatures before aren't bosses stick out tongue

darth fury
the griffon on dante must die mode from devil may cry 1

He made me cry more than u'll ever no. sad

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There was a boss on the original M.D.K, I forget what it was called, but it was really annoyingly hard.

That game was created when someone was on LSD anyway I think.

-AC

The Original MDK was awesome... Got to dig that old game out.

Vinny Valentine
Earthbound.

Gygas, When you don't know how to beat him.

JacopeX
Shao Kahn in MK II

Lord Evolution
Robo Sonic laughing He was pretty tough

MadMel
Originally posted by JacopeX
Shao Kahn in MK II
MY GOD he was hard...

Blanka
Shao Kahn in MK II he wasnt that hard

MadMel
gameboy version was....

Maestro
Shao Kahn in MK II

I found kintaro harder to be honest.

bogen
That dude from killzone was not all that hard, he just had like a HUGE amount of armour so it took ages to kill him.

IceJaw
Strangely, he wasn't even wearing a helmet yet it took like ten headshots to bring 'im down.

no expression

bogen
Strangely, he wasn't even wearing a helmet yet it took like ten headshots to bring 'im down.

no expression
yeah i was like tearing up with greanades ans shit and he's laughing erm.

Yeah and all the High en bosses from wow also, impossible to do on your own.
And what used to take 40 peeps now gets scaled to 25 men in Burning crusade eek!

IceJaw
thumb up

Robby001
I would have to say in FF3 when you can go to the opera house and wager some of your items in a fight. There would be this damn little thing that would always end up kicking you out of the fight so you could never kill the little @#$*% er.. ranting chair

But besides that I would have to say Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch out. box

Feniks
Originally posted by Kaled
Cyberdemon: Doom 3 - First time around i hadn't charged up the soul cube. OMG is that the end boss of the expansion? I simply forgot about it but still have to do that one.

The hardest end boss I ever met was the one in "Rodland" on the amiga, getting there alone was hard enough. Only beat that one once.

Kaled
Originally posted by Feniks
OMG is that the end boss of the expansion? I simply forgot about it but still have to do that one.

The hardest end boss I ever met was the one in "Rodland" on the amiga, getting there alone was hard enough. Only beat that one once.

no i think he's part of the normal game, he's like 30 ft high and his arm is a rocket launcher, he enjoys unlimited ammo and steeping on humans

Burning thought
pfft cyberdemon is weak.....after not playing doom for a year i pwend him when i played again.....and thats on the hardets difficulty.....

before nightmare that is....nightmare Doom 3 is tough cookie imo

however without Soul cube i guess hes hard but can he be beaten without it, in vanila Doom 3 he cannot be dmged apparently apart from soul cube

Kaled
Originally posted by Burning thought
pfft cyberdemon is weak.....after not playing doom for a year i pwend him when i played again.....and thats on the hardets difficulty.....

before nightmare that is....nightmare Doom 3 is tough cookie imo

however without Soul cube i guess hes hard but can he be beaten without it, in vanila Doom 3 he cannot be dmged apparently apart from soul cube

you can kill him, its just.......really really hard

grey fox
Originally posted by ESB -1138

Necron was a *****...he slaughtered me.

Magnetman - Megaman : Battle Network 2

The king of all cheap combos .....

Jack of Blades
BEating Up Diablo in Diablo2 with bare hands(I tried)

Maestro
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
BEating Up Diablo in Diablo2 with bare hands(I tried)

Its possible, just have decent armour and shit loads of leech.

office jesus

Yeah. Ruby is a ***** to take down. I finally gave up on it. Broke a controller with the frustration.

office jesus
Originally posted by grey fox
Necron was a *****...he slaughtered me.

Magnetman - Megaman : Battle Network 2

The king of all cheap combos .....

Funny. I didn't have to much trouble with Necron. Though..my characters were close to 90 at the time.

MadMel
1. love that sig..
2. i gave up on emrald the first time..about a week later i tried again..

bigbran
Originally posted by office jesus
Yeah. Ruby is a ***** to take down. I finally gave up on it. Broke a controller with the frustration. I now know how to take him down, just haven't tried cause he is such a homo. He has raped me quite a lot. I came close to taking Emerald, until the bastard fired off his big attack.
I remember fighting Emerald once, when I had like 2000 hit points tops. To make it short, I was very suprised.

Ares from God of War, hands down.
Not even mentiong God Mode...

SpadeKing
Sephiroth KH1& 2: I was lucky to even get one hit against him messed (why is he always harder than the final boss?)

FF9 Necron: Everyone except Zidan kept dying disgust

Halo 2 Juggernaut flood: need a mod chip but they are harder than I thought, I just thought the guy on you tube sucked at halo

Kaled
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Sephiroth KH1& 2: I was lucky to even get one hit against him messed (why is he always harder than the final boss?)

FF9 Necron: Everyone except Zidan kept dying disgust

Halo 2 Juggernaut flood: need a mod chip but they are harder than I thought, I just thought the guy on you tube sucked at halo

because sephiroth is a legend, square enix believe he is their finest villian ever, so he's always gonig to be solid

TricksterPriest
Still going with Kefka. Also, Uber Prinny Baal from Disgaea, and The R9A "Arrowhead" R-type fighter. The 2nd was one of the last bosses in R-Type Final. Mean little bastard who steals your force.

Kaled
still with the kefka? he no where near as solid as ruby or emerald weapons in FF7 or Sephiroth when you all lvl99

Vim
My friend had all his character lvl 99, had his materia set up so he could summon knights of the round like 9 times in a row or something like that, and I was watching him fight this bastard and it went on for like an hour and a half and I asked him if he knew how many HP the thing he had, because he had racked up in the millions somewhere and the thing was still alive... I told him it was glitch and that there was no way to kill it.

DigiMark007
1. Dark Trooper - Dark Forces I
2. The NY Giants - Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl)...in the Super Bowl, LT is unstoppable...you need Bo Jackson or a miracle to win.
3. Shining Force II - End battle was epic, hard and sweet.
4. Metroid Prime final boss - maybe because I kinda sucked at the game.
5. ...I'm sure I'm forgetting loads of nigh-impossible RPG bosses, but they all really just blend into 1 game to me.

Kayne Archeron
people actually had trouble with Necron? i just kept casting doom sword and having garnet constantly heal, no summoning whatsoever... probably one of the easiest FF bosses for me, actually. now, Ozma from FF9... he'll lay the smackdown on ya

mrnadiapowers
The hardest enemy (not a boss) is the marines in Halo when you kill Captiain Keyes- I have tried multiple times to kill them but have always failed...

crazy_shadow
now i decided...the final boss on Gears of War

ESB -1138
Alright I looked and didn't find a thread (surprisingly). So who do you believe is the hardest boss battle ever! That one boss that made you want to just give up and never play the game again. That boss you wanted to jump out of your seat and dance for joy because you finally defeated him. Who is the hardest boss in video game history? Also please post a video of the boss battle if you can find one so those who never played the game can see what you are talking about.

Neo Darkhalen
There are so many, a game website came up with the 10 hardest boss battles once, to pick one that comes to mind, maybe not the hardest but still a hard one, it has to be Ruby Weapon.

6Sz1TMa2AXo

Morridini
Just curious, what did you search for?

Here is a thread called "Hardest boss ever": http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426127&highlight=title%3A%28boss%29+forumid%3A66

Neo Darkhalen
Will this thread get merged then?

sQZuidKexBQ

I have no idea what it is, but it looks hard, never played the game but still...

Blax_Hydralisk
Against Guilty Spark on easy in Halo 3.

Hidden Lotus
Bowser in Super Mario World crylaugh
when i was a kid and had a super nintendo, it took me FOREVER to beat bowser laughing out loud

Smasandian
Yeah, I cant beat him right now on the GBA version.

Sol Valentine
When I was a kid, battling Bowser in the Sky made me want to throw the 64 at the TV.

Neo Darkhalen
When I was little, I found the Death Egg from Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to be hard, then again you don't have any rings; two boss fights.

Kero_Co
Henry was a pretty hard boss battle on mild and bitter, but it was awesome.

HueyFreeman
Fire leo and the captain in Viewtiful Joe on hard mode had me wanting to throw something at the TV. As a child Mike tyson in punch out pissed me off.

Barker
That damn Gopher from Mario Galaxy. haermm

Took me like twenty tries, I kid you not. uhuh

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Morridini
Just curious, what did you search for?

Here is a thread called "Hardest boss ever": http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426127&highlight=title%3A%28boss%29+forumid%3A66

I searched hardest boss battles. I have to say the last boss of Sonic 3 was hard. Three boss battles in a row with no additional rings to gain.

Hidden Lotus
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
When I was a kid, battling Bowser in the Sky made me want to throw the 64 at the TV.
when i finally beat it i was like "yeah im uber bad-ass!"
and then i couldnt beat it anymore laughing

DigiMark007
Necron and Ruby, like people have been saying.

I had trouble with the end of Metroid Prime, but I also barely got any life canisters during the game.

The hardest version of Dark Trooper from Dark Forces was a b*tch.

And Mike Tyson.

Obscure picks:

- The final battle (not really a boss, but a fight) from Dark Sun: Shattered Lands....an old but sweet RPG based off of D&D rules.
- Magic Carpet II. Dude was like a giant angry mountain that hurled fire and lightning, summoned dragons, and chucked meteors at an alarming rate. Not fun times. Hit & run tactics found a new meaning in that game.

I know a ton of games that are hard, but making tough bosses without an obvious cheap win, and without being obscenely unfair, is tough to find.

MadMel
id like to add the tristram run of diablo 2 LOD
basically its uber baal, uber mephisto and uber diablo in one spot, along with all of their armies..
not exactly a boss, but a b*tch of a fight nontheless

chickenlover98
id like to add the tristram run of diablo 2 LOD
basically its uber baal, uber mephisto and uber diablo in one spot, along with all of their armies..
not exactly a boss, but a b*tch of a fight nontheless

that was impossible. 15 times ina row. my whole party just said **** it

Scythe
Tiamat I think is his name? The optional boss in FF 12, that takes like seven days to kill. Yeah...

B*tch...

Kazenji

He was too easy i knock him over in a couple of mins now OZma was harder.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Fire leo and the captain in Viewtiful Joe on hard mode had me wanting to throw something at the TV. As a child Mike tyson in punch out pissed me off.

VJ had some real hard bosses, but they were also fair.

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
when i finally beat it i was like "yeah im uber bad-ass!"
and then i couldnt beat it anymore laughing

It took me like, a month to finally beat him. The last try I had my hand on the 64 about to throw it.

DigiMark007
I didn't realize I posted months ago in this thread.

embarrasment

Also, someone mentioned Viewtiful Joe. I never actually beat it, but what little I played seemed wicked tough, so that's likely pretty true.

Neo Darkhalen
That has some very hard boss battles.

JacopeX
MY GOD he was hard... Dude, I wanted to cry when I was very very close beating him. He had nothing in his life bar and then hits me with that flying knee. sad

ESB -1138
Dark Samus at the end of Metroid Prime 3 on the difficulty mode Corruption......good lord I can't defeat her.

DarkC
CvS: Double Impact.

Shin Akuma.

Alpha Centauri
M. Bison (Vega, if you want to be technical) on the original Street Fighter 2.

Back then, when a lot of you weren't born and nobody yet had the experience on a billion different SFs, he was the hardest piece of shit in the world. Made all the worse by the fact that Sagat, Vega and Balrog (Not using original Japanese names) were the sub-bosses.

-AC

Neo Darkhalen

Back then, when a lot of you weren't born and nobody yet had the experience on a billion different SFs, he was the hardest piece of shit in the world. Made all the worse by the fact that Sagat, Vega and Balrog (Not using original Japanese names) were the sub-bosses.

-AC

I remember that, out of all the fighters he was a nightmare.

DigiMark007
AC speaks truth. I don't remember it specifically, only that he was annoying as sh*t.

DarkC
SF2 was mostly projectile spams in multiplayer, so annoying.

SelphieT
Any optional bosses at the end of KH1, like Sephiroth or that one clocktower guy, or the other guy at the Aladdin area. Only beat the Aladdin guy, the others seem impossible.

Fighting Nemesis from RE3 almost always seems impossible, but he's only impossible at the parts where you can easily run away from him, so that pretty much solves itself right there....

DarkC
The last boss in House of the Dead 4.

That guy was MADE to be a dollar toilet.

Classic NES
Karai TMNT for the Megadrive. . . You cannot get harder than that.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by SelphieT
Any optional bosses at the end of KH1, like Sephiroth or that one clocktower guy, or the other guy at the Aladdin area. Only beat the Aladdin guy, the others seem impossible.

Fighting Nemesis from RE3 almost always seems impossible, but he's only impossible at the parts where you can easily run away from him, so that pretty much solves itself right there....

Kurt Ziza
Phantom
Ice Titan
Septh

I found Kurt to be the 2nd hardest of all of them, Phantom being the hardest.

ragesRemorse
mike tyson- super punch out

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
mike tyson- super punch out

Hell that was hard.

ESB -1138
He could take you out in like one punch

SelphieT
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Kurt Ziza
Phantom
Ice Titan
Septh

I found Kurt to be the 2nd hardest of all of them, Phantom being the hardest.

Ice Titan isn't too bad. After you defeat him once or twice, the rest is easy.

Right, Kurt's the name. Yeah, I actually beat him once, and after that, I didn't even want to think about doing it again. I've only tried to fight the Phantom two or three times......... way too hard, forget that. Same with Sephiroth.

ragesRemorse
Hell that was hard.

F*cking right. I was never able to beat him until i learned the pattern. This wasnt until i first acquired the internet, back in 1999. So, you could say it took me 10 years to beat him sad

JacopeX

-AC I could beat him easily today but back then when I had very little experience, I sucked. big grin

Pezmerga
I remember Final Fantasy 4's (2 in america)later bosses being tough, especially in the original version. Like zeronus (i think thats the name) or some of the dudes guarding the "ultimate"weapons at the end.. Unless of course you level up insanely high. Which is lame.

Also Jason Vorhees in the original Friday the 13th on NES was hard for a kid. I don't know ho hard it be now, but I could never kill him.

And yes. M. Bison on the original SF II was a bastard. he still is when you download it on wii.

And finally, some of the later bosses in Mega Man X gave me trouble too. I can;t remember which though. But after you kill all the generic named ones and get to the last levels.

Spidervlad
Virgil in Devil May Cry 3 at the end. I mean, the game basicly like almost cheats you. I had to try like 20 times before beating him.

Furion
Sephiroth KH2
Getting to Night Terror in SC3: NOOOOOOO! FVCKING OLCADAN YOU STUPID B1TCH!
That Tyrant from RE:CV: IDK if people found him hard, but i usually had little ammo left, or like 1 herb left and he just coming and coming and coming and coming........

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Furion
Sephiroth KH2

Sephiroth in KH2 seemed easy compared to the KH1 version...but that could just be me.

DarkC
Lou on Expert in Guitar Hero 3.

Joe K
Plankton in The Spongebob SquarePants Game big grin

Alpha Centauri
I could beat him easily today but back then when I had very little experience, I sucked. big grin

Back then when you had little experience? You were born in '91, kid. The game came out in '91/'92, you had little experience with life, let alone playing Street Fighter. You weren't playing Street Fighter II "back then". I was playing SFII when you were still in pampers, no offence. It's just that too many kids here think that because they've played many versions, they're somehow SF veterans.

And my point was precisely that, back then there was the one game, not the billion you have today.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by DarkC
Lou on Expert in Guitar Hero 3.

amen to that...absolute nightmare beating him on that

Neo Darkhalen
Not the hardest but a cheap final boss in Dark cloud 2, after a certain amount of time no attacks work on him at all.

DarkC
Rugal Bernstein (I forgot which KOF game it was) could be an annoying piece of ***k.
The mode where he sacrificed half his life and instantly launched into this insane combo that even if it was blocked, took off a quarter life from just the block damage.

God/Ultimate Rugal from CvS2 was frustrating too.

Dark-Jaxx
Ice Titan isn't too bad. After you defeat him once or twice, the rest is easy.

Right, Kurt's the name. Yeah, I actually beat him once, and after that, I didn't even want to think about doing it again. I've only tried to fight the Phantom two or three times......... way too hard, forget that. Same with Sephiroth. Beat them all. big grin

Idk...Ophelia on Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams was hard to me...mostly cause I had no health items.

But the hardest IMO is the last boss of Pikmin...NEVER beat it.

Alpha Centauri
I think it depends, how hard a boss is, I mean.

Some Resident Evil bosses are so hard the first time, simply because you never know when they're going to come, or what you'll need at that point. I never have trouble with any of them, now.

The hardest bosses are the ones like M. Bison and such, where you know there's no easier way of getting by, it's just about continual trying and getting there through effort.

-AC

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Beat them all. big grin

Idk...Ophelia on Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams was hard to me...mostly cause I had no health items.

But the hardest IMO is the last boss of Pikmin...NEVER beat it.

Every boss in Kingdom hearts are easy, Septh was incredibly easy the hardest one was between Kurt Ziza and Phantom.

ESB -1138
I think it depends, how hard a boss is, I mean.

Some Resident Evil bosses are so hard the first time, simply because you never know when they're going to come, or what you'll need at that point. I never have trouble with any of them, now.

The hardest bosses are the ones like M. Bison and such, where you know there's no easier way of getting by, it's just about continual trying and getting there through effort.

-AC

I died so many times in that knife fight with Krauser it wasn't even funny. And the actual fight with him...well he wasn't hard it's just that I kept running out of ammo and then time goes out and I die.

But the next-last boss on Soulcalibur Legends is cheap as he!!. First off she has a barrier which protects her from all your attacks and it'll fade away every now and then but everytime it does she jumps across the room and by the time you get over there her barrier is already back. Plus she has all these attacks that are nearly impossibe to dodge even when you know it is coming. I hate cheap bosses like that. Not to mention that one attack from her takes away almost half of your health.

Neo Darkhalen
I died so many times in that knife fight with Krauser it wasn't even funny. And the actual fight with him...well he wasn't hard it's just that I kept running out of ammo and then time goes out and I die.

But the next-last boss on Soulcalibur Legends is cheap as he!!. First off she has a barrier which protects her from all your attacks and it'll fade away every now and then but everytime it does she jumps across the room and by the time you get over there her barrier is already back. Plus she has all these attacks that are nearly impossibe to dodge even when you know it is coming. I hate cheap bosses like that. Not to mention that one attack from her takes away almost half of your health.

I hate cheap boss tactics.

Dark-Jaxx
Every boss in Kingdom hearts are easy, Septh was incredibly easy the hardest one was between Kurt Ziza and Phantom. Seph killed me in two hits first fight I had with him.no expression

ragesRemorse
Hardest boss ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-mePr1-ZQ&eurl=http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/video-hardest-video-game-boss-ever

Neo Darkhalen
I have seen this before.

It is darn hard.

SelphieT

Speaking of Krauser, is it true that he's easier to kill WITH a knife?

Someone told me that, but I'm scared to even try. I always use the shotgun and blow out his knees till he falls down, and you can shoot him in the face.

Furion
Yes it's INCREDIBLY easy to kill Krauser with the knife, it's basically likle shooting him with a magnum at pointblank range, all you have to do is just be careful and knife him as fast as you can. Knife >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shotgun

SelphieT
Originally posted by Furion
Yes it's INCREDIBLY easy to kill Krauser with the knife, it's basically likle shooting him with a magnum at pointblank range, all you have to do is just be careful and knife him as fast as you can. Knife >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shotgun

Does the knife deflect on his fin-like arm? Where should I aim to cut him up?

Furion
His chest area, I think that fin-wing-thing can block it but just keep knifing him. He'll keep kneeling over so you the only you should worry about is if he manages to get back up. It's way faster to do it with the knife, just keep dodging his attacks and knifing him after. If you have good timing, then you can actually knife him when he's about to do his attack, thus making him kneel over (unless it's that jump/stab attack.)

ESB -1138
Krauser is uber powerful in the mercenaries mini-game. That bow and winged-arm makes him pretty much invincible.

DarkC
Dr. Salvador in the Mercenaries game brings back terrible memories.

Alpha Centauri
From the village?

The double chainsaw guy on Waterworld is pretty crazy, but he's not Dr. Salvador.

-AC

DarkC
From the village?

The double chainsaw guy on Waterworld is pretty crazy, but he's not Dr. Salvador.

-AC
Oh yeah, true....I just refer to all things remotely resembling "Leatherface" from Texas Chainsaw Massacre in that game as Dr. Salvador.

The nut is like Salvador on steroids, I swear to God.

Menetnashté
Back then when you had little experience? You were born in '91, kid. The game came out in '91/'92, you had little experience with life, let alone playing Street Fighter. You weren't playing Street Fighter II "back then". I was playing SFII when you were still in pampers, no offence. It's just that too many kids here think that because they've played many versions, they're somehow SF veterans.

And my point was precisely that, back then there was the one game, not the billion you have today.

-AC
Stupid argument considering I was born during the same time. I don't know why you think he wouldn't have been playing it. Playstation didn't come out till a few years later. I myself was playing Street fighter II for years on super nintendo back then. And didn't get a PS till far later. So I was just playin street fighter till I was about 6 or 7.

SmashBro
Shao Kahn (in Mortal Kombat 3). I only beat him ONCE...years later, that is. I use to think Shao Kahn was impossible to beat.

And yeah, I agree, Bison was pretty tough too. Back when I had SF2 on SNES, I not only couldn't beat, but I also couldn't reach him. I use to get stuck on Vega and Sagat. And Bison was definitely much harder than they were.

Alpha Centauri

apoc001
The flesh island thingy from Splatterhouse II. That thing was impossible. I beat it, but it was still impossible. In fact, I think I did the blow-by-blow save state thing to win. Can't remember, though.

Sado22
hardest boss? if its not someone from SNK braid my hair and call me Sadia. mad

SmashBro
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Goodman from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. He's much harder in Arcade mode than in Survival mode. It's a good thing I didn't fight him in Arcade mode yet but knowing the game, I can bet he's darn near impossible to beat.

SelphieT
Originally posted by DarkC
Oh yeah, true....I just refer to all things remotely resembling "Leatherface" from Texas Chainsaw Massacre in that game as Dr. Salvador.

The nut is like Salvador on steroids, I swear to God.

Those guys........ are called Dr. Salvadors? I did not know that.

Are they harder in the mercenaries game? I've only really played it once, and not long enough to get a really good experience with it.

I'm not a huge fan of the mercenary games in the RE series.

DarkC
Those guys........ are called Dr. Salvadors? I did not know that.

Are they harder in the mercenaries game? I've only really played it once, and not long enough to get a really good experience with it.

I'm not a huge fan of the mercenary games in the RE series.
Mercenaries is harder than the actual game sometimes at least when you're trying to get a good score.

The "Salvador" in the Mercenaries, Waterworld specifically, is like one of the chainsaw men except MUCH bigger and carries a twin blade chainsaw. Not to mention much tougher.

You see him, you run.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>