The Sparrow Tatoo (what it means?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne

Swann&Sparrow
Whoa. That totally makes sense. Do you think the writers thought about that rather than just say, "Hey slap on a tatoo to make him look cool!"

OMG. They actually thought this through, you know writers. They don't do things for no reason, this means that they were aware of putting this tatoo on Jack. Thus meaning there is huge symbolism in this.

Jack needs to get another Sparrow Tatoo, and I think Lizzie needs some too...

diddly-dum
Can you sum all that up?? I have to go somewhere soon and I don't have time to read it all.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow
Whoa. That totally makes sense. Do you think the writers thought about that rather than just say, "Hey slap on a tatoo to make him look cool!"

OMG. They actually thought this through, you know writers. They don't do things for no reason, this means that they were aware of putting this tatoo on Jack. Thus meaning there is huge symbolism in this.

Jack needs to get another Sparrow Tatoo, and I think Lizzie needs some too...

I dunno the tatoo was there before the movie was made apparently and then they just used it with Jack's Surname lol.

But the Sparrow symbolism stated above is what really makes me think..Jack is free but sparrows are monogamous birds as are swans they always return home to their soul mate no matter how far they go.

why have they suddenly made Jack/Liz look like soul mates?..heck they even did that in the first movie but cut the damn scene out.

they made Jack leave Liz but he clearly had her on his mind he was singing the song she taught him on the beach.

then there is that line in my sig that suggests Liz' eart belongs to Jack her soul mate before marriage to Will:

diddly-dum
What does the Sparrow symbolise??

LovelyOne
freedom but at the same time once they have found a soul mate they always return home to them no matter how far they travel. They are loyal to their partners

Swans are exactly the same..and what I find interesting is how even in movie 1 there was a theme of Jack/Liz being soul mates (shame they cut that scene)

but it was clear to me Jack left and had her on his mind.he's found someone special in her. He found his equal..the one who out did him and beat him at his own game...he is unable to forget her

and IMO so did Liz when it came to Jack...that whole weird line in DMC about being widowed before marriage..you cant even be a friggin widow before marriage unless you are already married but your husband frequently leaves you or dies...we see Liz mourning at the beginning and Jack bursting out of a coffin when we first meet him after that scene

diddly-dum
k

Chiki Mina
well...obvious the sparrow simbolizes freedom. Its flying towards the horizon. like jack sailing towards the horizon.

LovelyOne
Yes I agree with you.

but Jack even behaves like a sparrow dont you think?

No matter how free and how far a Sparrow travels it always returns to its soul mate

he left movie 1 knowing he found his equal IMO (singing the song she taught him on the beach with the rum when she screwed him over..later in movie 2 "why is the rum always gone"wink

Chiki Mina
^^ I think so and agree with you.

You can never reach the horizon, but you can always reach to your one true love and soul mate.

Mistypirate
DISREGARD

Mistypirate
wow thats interesting, Jack behaves very much like a sparrow. He always returns to his Lizzie.It Doesn't matter if its by fate intervention, he always returns to her. It's like destiny reunites them for some reason.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
wow thats interesting, Jack behaves very much like a sparrow. He always returns to his Lizzie.It Doesn't matter if its by fate, he always returns to her.

aa yes. I agree big grin. Fate always intervenes with Will and Liz bc Jacks is the fate. returning to his soul mate stick out tongue

LovelyOne
I firmly believe the moment on the beach (movie 1) was the moment Jack had found his one and only soul mate. Sparrows only find one and they stick with that one.

He leaves Port Royal...He travels far, he's free..yet his mind gets drawn back to her he wants to return and see her again..

Since when has that ever happened to Jack before with a woman?

Mistypirate
YES....FATE INTERVENED..You see there are a lot of clues and symbolisms that point to a J/E relationship. I won't say ending, because we don't know who is she going to end up with, hopefully Jack. But if she doesn't Jack is going to be her one and true Love.

By the way Chiki Love your sig.....

Chiki Mina
Your the number 2 who said about my siggy lool
And I very much appreciate your too kind. Its not so proffesional but its a start smile
Thank you again.

Mistypirate
Your Welcome smile Chiki

Yes I do believe as well that the moment he had w/Liz on the beach, was when he realised that Liz was more than just a pretty face. She was his equal. And her actions left a mark on him. We see it clearly at the end of 1 he was singing her song. And at the beginning of 2, we clearly see that he wants to return to her. That's true Jack never has been that way with a women, It doesn't imply that for him women are a bunch of whores. But that was the least thing that was on Jacks mind until Liz came along.
Ok off topic, you know what I would really like to see in AWE. It sounds cheesy, but i would like to see Jack cry for Liz, I think It would be nice. We already saw her cry for him in DMC.

LovelyOne
You know what..I was thinking that the other day..say if she sacrificed herself to save will or something (like usual) then she finally somehow sees Jack's true emotions come out when it comes to her being gone from his life (tears) It would be the one thing that would hit her the hardest when it comes to Jack I think. If he cried. I mean Jack Sparrow CRYING? IMO that would make Elizabeths' heart hurt because she does love him in my opinion..again its like the ending of DMC but on a larger scale..she realised he was gonna STAY for her(a bit late) and it hit her HARD I think.

Imagine how that would make us in the audience feel. We would be on the edges of our seats praying that Elizabeth return to him.

its funny how Johnny said: "they took my character to places I never thought they would with 2 and 3"

a crying Jack is one thing we have never seen...will we get to see it?

Mistypirate
That's exactly what I mean!! Jack Sparrow crying? that would be awesome to see. I would be weeping my a$$ off in the theater. I would be crying like a baby. I'm just hoping to see some of Jacks true emotions in AWE. That would be something nobody would expect from his character. And that interview of Johnny definitely says a lot a lot.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Mistypirate
That's exactly what I mean!! Jack Sparrow crying? that would be awesome to see. I would be weeping my a$$ off in the theater. I would be crying like a baby. I'm just hoping to see some of Jacks true emotions in AWE. That would be something nobody would expect from his character. And that interview of Johnny definitely says a lot a lot.
we do see his true emotions come out when he says nothing So I can imagine tears..I really can if its a true emotion he's feeling when crying them. They wont be crocidle tears lol.

We love Jack..we dont want to see him hurt because it hurts us too

I think as soon as Liz realises how much he's hurting because of her she will go running back. She may not love him in DMC but I have a feeling by the end of AWE it will be love that replace the "deep feelings" for him that were there in DMC and only really showed up at the end

evilm0nki3
Norrie knew his name was Jack sparrow when he saw his tattoo... just sayin...

Eek I thought of that before, jack crying, but then I thought.. NAAHHH that would never happen...

Mistypirate
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
Norrie knew his name was Jack sparrow when he saw his tattoo... just sayin...

Eek I thought of that before, jack crying, but then I thought.. NAAHHH that would never happen...

we are not saying that he'll start weeping and crying like a baby. NO WAY. But It would be nice to see him drop a tear or two for Liz.

Chiki Mina
The first time we could see Jacks tears. It would impact Liz.

Is that possible for movie 3??

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
The first time we could see Jacks tears. It would impact Liz.

Is that possible for movie 3??

We don't know if it's possible, but it would be shocking and, something that no one would expect to see from this character

Chiki Mina
Like Mr. Depp mentioned, it would be great to see a side of Jack Sparrow. something that you never imagined him doing.

Mistypirate
Exactly, and that would shock the audiences. Jack breaking down for a girl. No not Jack I mean nobody would expect this. And like lovely said,
we wouldn't want to see him suffer. But I think that would be an interesting thing to see.

Chiki Mina
Beacuse it would be achange of character. And his tears would be for a gurl, but not just any girl, the love of his life.

Maybe its a good thing, this way Liz will know how much Jack loves her and it will impact her heart.

We dont want to see Jack suffer, but it does intrigue us when we see mr sparrow doing something very un-Jackish.

Mistypirate
Yea I think that if she sees that, maybe it would put some sense in to that selfish little head of hers.

Chiki Mina
i know...
Jack and Liz can be peas in a pod..but liz is the one with the pea brain sometimes laughing out loud

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
i know...
Jack and Liz can be peas in a pod..but liz is the one with the pea brain sometimes laughing out loud

laughing Happy Dance Yes thats very much true. Pea brain Liz, that's going to be her nick name now Lol.

Chiki Mina
Pea brain Liz lool I like that stick out tongue

Jaeh_JediPirate
sorry for waking this thread up.... was checking the 'who's online' thingy on KMC and saw a guest look this up and i was interested, *cough* sparrow on title *cough* so i checked it out.

ONE QUESTION: WHAT HAPPENED?! looks like it's sparrabeth going for it and all, and... now.. now... *sigh*

don't get wrong, I have nothing against Willabeth, but it's so frustrating reading that so many hints about my preferred leaned-towards ship and it didn't happen!!!!!!!

WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?!

Jaeh_JediPirate
sorry for the double posts mates, BUT WHERE ARE THE FRIGGIN' REGULARS THAT POSTS ON HERE!!!!!?????

*sigh* I miss 'em all. so much stuff to talk about, and they're all not here.

and I'm not even usually on here then.

where are you guys?!

tee_pirategirl
Good question Jaeh. I mean we ripped DMC to pieces looking for clues, sybolism and forshadowing! We looked at the movie forward and backward and speculated over every conversation. To the point where I felt like we'd actually EARNED our JE ending...which is stupid! I already know.

But even when the DMC DVD came out and I watched the T&T commentary I was surprised to see we were right on many occasions. Like the dress sinking thing...all the WE shippers said that we were looking to hard for something that wasn't there but T&T agreed that the sinking dress symbolized Elizabeth's old life dying away. (Someone should remind them that it was a wedding dress and therefor the wedding should die away too. no?)

And the other thing we were right about was the JE conversations. The way the both set it up so the other couldn't win...challenging each other. Wanting each other but not wanting to want each other.

And I've rambled on YET AGAIN. I just felt bad that there were so many things that said JE would happen

Jaeh_JediPirate
I can't bring myself around to thinking it really is all over.. I wish it isn't, and yet it kinda is, unless PotC 4 brings us hope and all...........

hmm... maybe i could get a henna or whatever of Jack's tattoo in summer or something... I wish... just, wish.

PirateDiva
Ya that whole "Women Widowed Before her Marriage" thing is always what killed me too!!

I mean like they said how can a women be widowed b4 even getting married....it does only mean that she had to have been married b4 and lost a husband, b4 remarrying! Which only makes me believe that our theory about the Jack and Liz Kiss at the end of DMC resembling an alter and them getting married is true!

Jack and Liz did marry, cause hey Jack is a Captain and can do that...they kissed and she left him to his death, thus resulting in the death of her 1st husband! So by the time she married Will she was already widowed!

Will didnt die until after they married, so the quote couldnt have been reffering to them!

and then the "Searching for her Husband lost at sea" when Jack gets eaten by the Kraken he gets claimed by the sea, he's lost! And in AWE we see Liz on an adventure to search for Jack (husband) who was lost at sea!!! I MEAN HOW MUCH MORE OBVIOUS CAN THEY MAKE IT THAT LIZ AND JACK BELONG TOGETHER!!!

*sigh* Oh the possiblities they could have had with SPARRABETH!!

Jaeh_JediPirate
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ya that whole "Women Widowed Before her Marriage" thing is always what killed me too!!

I mean like they said how can a women be widowed b4 even getting married....it does only mean that she had to have been married b4 and lost a husband, b4 remarrying! Which only makes me believe that our theory about the Jack and Liz Kiss at the end of DMC resembling an alter and them getting married is true!

Jack and Liz did marry, cause hey Jack is a Captain and can do that...they kissed and she left him to his death, thus resulting in the death of her 1st husband! So by the time she married Will she was already widowed!

Will didnt die until after they married, so the quote couldnt have been reffering to them!

and then the "Searching for her Husband lost at sea" when Jack gets eaten by the Kraken he gets claimed by the sea, he's lost! And in AWE we see Liz on an adventure to search for Jack (husband) who was lost at sea!!! I MEAN HOW MUCH MORE OBVIOUS CAN THEY MAKE IT THAT LIZ AND JACK BELONG TOGETHER!!!

*sigh* Oh the possiblities they could have had with SPARRABETH!!

wait.. they got married?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm suddenly and utterly confused.

but, about the possibilities, *sigh* so true.

PirateDiva
No they didnt technically get married! lol

a while ago back b4 AWE came out there was a theory of how the kiss of death scene resembled a sort of secret exchanging of vows, like they were at an alter...it was a really good theory!!

willofthewisp
I remember that, and the scattered dead were like morbid scattered petals. Sigh, it could have worked out so well.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Oh, so sorry mate, i've never heard about the theory and I was slow that day... wink

yeah, it could've worked out so well.

I still can't get it out of my mind. who's fault is it.. erm

!!tangerines!!
whos fault is it??

Jaeh_JediPirate
no one knows.

but i would like to get my hands on him who's fault this is.

!!tangerines!!
and if it was Johnny??? (hypothetically)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.