DMC Comic link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chiki Mina
I have the Comic at home in spanish. And I found the link of the DMC comic. This could be a gift for my gurls lol.

If anyone is interested then you can click here and read. I hope it helps. smile Keep the Faith!

http://community.livejournal.com/arrrrr/362879.html

katelovespirate
dude, it so helps. its the best thing ever.

jack and liz have a scene in jack's cabin, the narrator labels Elizabeth "Jack's love".

Chiki Mina
im glad it helps. Im gonna finish my homework

nighties xoxoxo KEEP THE FAITH!

Surreal_44
Not to ruin another thread, but Ted has already sort of debunked the whole comic thing. Never once in the first draft nor in the last drafts of the script does it call for the compass to ever point at 'the woman he loves'.

The compass only ever is to point at what you want most in the world. I know, I know you all seem to think that Elizabeth is all Jack wants, and Jack is all Elizabeth wants, but I think the compass points only at what everyone wants at that exact moment, and not for all eternity. big grin

Mistypirate
Don't worry your not ruining anything. Sorry to crash your hopes but the compass is said to point to what you want most in this world. It doesn't say or suggest anything that it points to what you want at the moment. But if you find something that suggest it feel free to post it. big grin bling.

PirateDiva
Ok so about that article with i think Jerry B. talking...and it's talking about the feast (Will) and the waffles(Jack) and the compass!!

LOVELYONE HELP I THINK U POSTED THAT ARTICLE....i just dont know where it is!! I think Surreal_44 needs to see it!!!

katelovespirate
lol surreal, i'm just keeping the dream alive, man. i know the comic wasnt created by the writers, at the very least though, it shows that other people are on our ship, and remember that Disney DID publish that thing... big grin

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Not to ruin another thread, but Ted has already sort of debunked the whole comic thing. Never once in the first draft nor in the last drafts of the script does it call for the compass to ever point at 'the woman he loves'.

The compass only ever is to point at what you want most in the world. I know, I know you all seem to think that Elizabeth is all Jack wants, and Jack is all Elizabeth wants, but I think the compass points only at what everyone wants at that exact moment, and not for all eternity. big grin

Surreal 44 I agree with you there. I also don't think the compass points to your hearts desire. (although the official Disney site said it does confused..and Naomi Harris kinda hinted that it was for Jack )

I know Ted and Terry said thats not what happens when it points somewhere..but thats doesn't mean its a pointless aspect added into the movie now does it? If it was just to show you how they feel at that second then they need have added the compass in at all to show you how Elizabeth is feeling towards Jack..if there is no potential there for love to develop towards him.

Ted also says its not pointing for LUST either.

So what the heck is it pointing to?

Its probably signaling the potential feelings they have for one another that can DEVELOP into more..Its not quite love and its not lust. Its somewhere in between and its showing that what ever they want = the potential to turn into love for that person. As we all know Jack follows what the compass tells him to do at the end of DMC and in movie 3 he's obviously in love with her. Even at the end of DMC he is according to the novel.

So my opinion. Elizabeth has feelings for..and these feelings have the potential to develop into love..but WHAT shall set them off?

katelovespirate
yeah the compass was a huge part of 2. they didnt stick it in there to trick us. they used it on all their merchandising, etc... its clearly one of the biggest symbols in the film. if they are taking it so seriously, i will too. smile

and yes... i think Jack HAS fallen in love after the kiss... personally... the way he meets that kraken is a man in love, IMO... lol.

Elizabeth? Yeah she's on the brink. But unless someone pushes her off, she might wander around in denial forever.

LovelyOne
Oh god even the drawing cant escape the fact the Kraken looks like a giant vagina

Also that whole betrayal scene doesnt work well in comic laughing out loud

LovelyOne
Also back to the feelings developing into love aspect..thats true of any love story in a movie. Of course the man doesnt love the woman until a significant moment in the story and vise versa...but that doesnt mean feelings/heat is not there before hand..Its called good script writing to not have the woman in love with the man straight away in a story and vise versa..cuz the story has got to be interesting now dont it?..(which doesnt bode well for poor Will/Liz by the end of it all, set of loving echother..continue to love eachother end loving eachother? Nah)..

Elizabeth has reached the brink like you said Kate, (Jack comes back..feelings escalate..she chickens out of the situation..the kiss shoved it higher)..Its almost love IMO..something needs to shove her over that line. I think Jack looking at the compass and realiseing its settled was the almost moment..The kiss/betrayal was when it pushed over into love with him.

akanai
I've read this comics few months ago...
Sorry for not-telling about it...
I thought you all already know ^^

johnnyforever
thanx chiki mina! oh and btw, they could've made jack better looking!!

Surreal_44
I don't think that the compass works quite like that, though. Think about it...if Jack is the only thing Elizabeth ever wanted, then it wouldn't have been leading her all over that beach, and Norrington wouldn't have been scoffing at her.

I love the word scoff, by the way. It's a lot of fun to use.

Anyway, if it points to the one thing you want most in the world, then it would never move. But it did move off of Jack. She moved unerringly toward the chest, then got a little confused, because she also wants Will, and Jack, and the chest...and maybe Norrington? She did move toward him at one point.

Also, when the compass pointed at Jack, she threw herself down into the sand and sulked for a bit (sulk is another fun word)...but I think the compass was pointing maybe at the chest and not to Jack. big grin After all, the compass only points, it doesn't have a little voice that tells you "Oh, you found the chest," or "Oh, you want Jack"...so even if the compass points at something, that object may not actually be what you want...but you think it is because that's what the compass is pointing at.

LovelyOne
Just because it doesnt point to Jack one moment doesnt mean the want for him/to be with him has suddenly dissapeared into the air..It just means she doesnt want him the most at that very moment in time..not that she doesnt want him at all during that moment.

This is why it interests me. She obviously constantly wanted to save Will.but at certain times Jack intruded and became the most important thing to her and maybe she wanted to be spending a bit more time with Jack instead of saving will? Like she finds the means to save him..and does she really want her adventure to leave Jack and go off with Will...the fact it pointed back at Jack would suggest no..she doesnt want to leave Jack once she has saved Will.

And she constantly wants Jack..but saving Will then intrudes and becomes the most imporatnt thing she wants to save him as quick as possible.

LovelyOne
again she's standing on the chest..its like standing on the north pole with a compass..the point wont settle..so it couldnt have pointed at the chest whilst shes standing on it cuz it probably wouldnt settle...it pointed at Jack.

LovelyOne
My point here is.

Elizabeth has two very strong wants.

1. To save Will

2. To be with/have Jack (and its not lust)

Those wants dont ever dissapear its just that at certain times..one want is stronger than the other. One is more important than the other at different times.

I think that is a very important thing to notice. Because even when she doesnt have the compass...her top priorities/wants clearly shift around in certain scenes and in a matter of seconds sometimes. I think the compass was just to show us that she wants 2 things..It shows us that she doesnt want both men, its shows us that she wants to save one man and have the other It also shows us a pattern of her emotions..and so it explains why she behaves a certain way when the compass is not present. ( the end of the movie)

She saves Will(chains Jack up)...oh now she wants Jack(almost kisses again).. Oh no she saves Will (leaves Jack)..Oh no now she wants Jack.(returns to him) And that is where the movie ended

Chiki Mina
Why do people still have doubts about the damn compass. It points to what you want most! When you want something, it comes the most inner desire, your heart! If that compass pointed to Jack its because she disres him, she wants to taste him, she cant resist! The compass cannot detect your hormones or your pants!

Mistypirate
I think they know what the deal with the compass is. They are just denying it, they won't accept the facts. So they are making stupid excuses in order to debunk our theories. But, guess what?? every time they try to post something "intelligent" about the compass. They get hit with a kick ass theory. And they are back to where they started, the bottom of the see. big grin

Chiki Mina
Well ppl should start opening their eyes more. We are not lunatics who try to make up patterns. It would be crazy not to see these things. Treating us as if we're schizophrenics or something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.