Urien vs Shao Kahn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Fed up with being in his brother's shadow, Urien travels to Outworld. Unfortunately, being a tanned guy in a loincloth does attract attention.

Urien floors Baraka, Mileena, Reiko and Reptile, which gains the attention of Shao Kahn. Kahn is impressed at the agression of Urien and gives him a special one-time deal: join up or die.

Urien decides to beat the crap out of Kahn so that he can take over Outworld as the new Emperor. Kahn sees this as a challenge and decides to bash his head in as an example.

Kahn: either MK2 or MK3 will do.

Urien: Third Strike version

Stage: Kahn's Arena

TricksterPriest
Shao Khan has SNK level cheapness, but I think Urien could win. The aegis reflector set ups are a big edge. Not to mention he has a charge move too. Even if Urien pulls off a win, he's going to be in bad shape.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Shao Khan has SNK level cheapness, but I think Urien could win. The aegis reflector set ups are a big edge. Not to mention he has a charge move too. Even if Urien pulls off a win, he's going to be in bad shape.

I agree with the SNK cheapness for Kahn. But if you force him into a corner and use the Aegis Reflector and continue attacking him, Kahn will take damage. I've been a victim of it myself, so I know the feeling.

According to various sources, his projectiles and dashing attacks make him ideal for maintaining pressure. While he does less damage than his brother, he is widely considered among the second-tier characters of 3rd Strike, largely due to the juggling potential and unblockable setups made possible by his Aegis Reflector. That and his own shoulder tackle can do damage, and don't get me started on the Tyrant Slaughter.

Plus, Mr. Kahn will have a bit of a hard time trying to damage a fighter who can make his body hard like metal. Not to say that Urien will get out of the match unscathed. He will be hurting.

Joker1237
I favor the MK3 Khan over Urien, still not a easy fight, but that dang hammer would decide the out come lol.

MK2 Khan was weaker, so I think Urien would win here.

I dont relly see beating the said fighters though. If he took them all at once, Reptile and Mileena alone would be more than a match for Urien, and sended in Rekio would be murder lol.

TricksterPriest
Urien may look weak, but he's actually, as Snafu said, one of the best guys in SF3. Not to mention most of the MK cast isn't up to par with SF. You're right though, I forgot about that ****ing hammer. But Shao Khan doesn't have good zoning. And Urien is extremely good at zoning.

Joker1237
Urien is a strong fighter, but dont underate Repile and Co. Most of the MK fighters could fight on pair with SF. Repile being one of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.