Annihilation Wave vs. the DC Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Okay, Annihilus begins his suprise attack and invasion as usual (still with the aid of Thanos and the other Galactus had locked up), but this time it's the DC Universe that's being invaded. How does the war go?

Grimm22
Is it just me or is anyone else confused to how Annihilus got so goddamn powerful all of a sudden? confused

I mean a year ago he was getting his ass handed to him as usual by the FF and now he is killing Quasar?!?

Juntai
Batman was prepared for such an event....

DC wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman was prepared for such an event....

DC wins.

yes

Supreme being
Originally posted by batdude123
yes

yes yes

Scoobless
no2no2no2no2no2no2no2

Galan777
Hmmmm if cosmics like Mxy, Michael, Spectre, Lucifer can get involved in this battle, then the Annihilation Wave has NO chance.

but without cosmics then the DCU falls.....

grey fox
Originally posted by Grimm22
Is it just me or is anyone else confused to how Annihilus got so goddamn powerful all of a sudden? confused

I mean a year ago he was getting his ass handed to him as usual by the FF and now he is killing Quasar?!?

I'm more concerned about how the 'sweeps' are scared of Surfer , more then Galactus..

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Galan777
Hmmmm if cosmics like Mxy, Michael, Spectre, Lucifer can get involved in this battle, then the Annihilation Wave has NO chance.

but without cosmics then the DCU falls..... This seems accurate to me. If the high end cosmics stay away (as they are doing in the Marvel Universe), then The DCU falls. I can't think of any fictional realm that has faced an infestation the size and power of the Annihilation Wave. Heck, Ravenous just unveiled the Centurions (100 uber-powered beings) and this is the least of the Wave's big guns (Galactus currently being the biggest, heh).

DigiMark007
It would still be a good fight since the Wave is damn powerful, but the deciding factor is the Corps. No way in hell the Lanterns get taken out as easily as the Nova Corps did. They'd get their sh*t together and decimate the Annihilation Wave.

Rewmac
Batman with prep kills everybody and then calls Wolverine over from Marvel and Logan makes the clean-up.

WrathfulDwarf

The Spectre alone is good enough.

Galan777
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Spectre alone is good enough. Agreed yes

boriquaking55
Give Thanos 1 week of prep beforehand and he'll steal the powers of the presence, then proceed to jump off the comic page and pimpslap Grant Morrison. Later on, he'll get drunk and pull Scarlett Johanssen. After scoring that, Batgod will be jealous and go emo. shifty

Stupid Rookie
If we are saying entire DC this thread is pointless. There are tons of uber powerful beings who could take the wave down.

Even in Marvel, what if the Stranger and a few celestials entered the fray. Aegis and Tenebriuos are dead, and the fleet decimated. Or throw in Odin and Zues with the destroyer and the fleet gets serious damage.

There are beings in both universes that could stop it. IMO

Galan777
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
If we are saying entire DC this thread is pointless. There are tons of uber powerful beings who could take the wave down.

Even in Marvel, what if the Stranger and a few celestials entered the fray. Aegis and Tenebriuos are dead, and the fleet decimated. Or throw in Odin and Zues with the destroyer and the fleet gets serious damage.

There are beings in both universes that could stop it. IMO

Galan777
Honestly give Lobo his cloning ability back and I think he could do it on his own IMO

DigiMark007
The point is that abstracts and such aren't fighting the war. So it should really be, say, DC Earth or something if you wanted to make it a good fight.

Rewmac
Just put Batman with serious prep, Spectre, Parallax, The Ion, Darkseid, up to the challange...And maybe Black Adam, Superman and Martian Manhunter will join them big grin big grin

Jesse7
Originally posted by Rewmac
Just put Batman with serious prep, Spectre, Parallax, The Ion, Darkseid, up to the challange...And maybe Black Adam, Superman and Martian Manhunter will join them big grin big grin

Jakum thunder, Anihilation wave is anihilated.

Replace Jakum Thunder with Ion, or DC Zeus, etc. etc. same result.

Galan777
Originally posted by Rewmac
Just put Batman with serious prep, Spectre, Parallax, The Ion, Darkseid, up to the challange...And maybe Black Adam, Superman and Martian Manhunter will join them big grin big grin Realistically Ion, Parallax, or Spectre could defeat the Annihilation wave individually

BlaqChaos
Just to clarify, Spectre, Michael, Lucificer, and the others would no more participate in this battle any more than the Living Tribunal, Eternity, or Infinity have in Marvel.

Now, with that siad, the GL Corps, Apokolips, New Genesis, the Thanigarians, etc. WOULD participate in this war.

Galan777
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Just to clarify, Spectre, Michael, Lucificer, and the others would no more participate in this battle any more than the Living Tribunal, Eternity, or Infinity have in Marvel.

Now, with that siad, the GL Corps, Apokolips, New Genesis, the Thanigarians, etc. WOULD participate in this war. I still think that the DCU comes out on top, especially with the entire GL corps

starlock
ill go with DC for the win
to me Annihilation wave is just plot to further whatever marvel has in mind in the future(i hope)

Superherovandal
seriously theres lots in DC. Current ion could trap quite a few in a pocket universe like he did with Nero or use his uber blast like he did with nero. then the GL corps with Hal, Kilowog, Guy Gardener, and John. and MM, and the forces of Darkseid, and New Genesis, and Supes, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, etc.

Rewmac
Realistically Ion, Parallax, or Spectre could defeat the Annihilation wave individually
You know that we gonna be friends right? big grin

grey fox
The Corps could probably take out the Wave themselves.

I'm not sure of the exact number within the Annihilation Wave but there's currently 7200 Gls.

Now stop and think for a minute

7200 rings that can do ANYTHING , literally ANYTHING. Black Holes ? No problem. Planet creation and destruction ? Simple enough . Time freeze ? Ehh forget about it.

The Corps railroad their way over the Wave so fast marvel would have to somehow end PH and then bring WWH into fruition in a single issue just to bridge the gap.

MadroxRox
To put it simply - The resistance within the Marvel Universe, unprepared for the attack, will more than likely eventually turn this battle around. So I would not at all doubt that the DC universe, through one way or another, would so be able to find a way to victory.

Galan777
Originally posted by grey fox
The Corps could probably take out the Wave themselves.

I'm not sure of the exact number within the Annihilation Wave but there's currently 7200 Gls.

Now stop and think for a minute

7200 rings that can do ANYTHING , literally ANYTHING. Black Holes ? No problem. Planet creation and destruction ? Simple enough . Time freeze ? Ehh forget about it.

The Corps railroad their way over the Wave so fast marvel would have to somehow end PH and then bring WWH into fruition in a single issue just to bridge the gap. Absolutely.... yes

Zahit
wolverine wins.

Lord Urizen
DC Universe wins...they have Spectre and sadly that's enough to defeat the Ahnilation Wave...

The CHAOS WAVE however.....

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
DC Universe wins...they have Spectre and sadly that's enough to defeat the Ahnilation Wave...

The CHAOS WAVE however..... Did you even read the post where I said that Spectre would no more enter this battle than the Living Tribunal has?

OneDumbG0
The wave's normal forces would be no match for the GL's. Even their overwhelming numbers wouldn't stand a chance against teh resourceful GL corps. But those seekers are imbued with the Negative Zone's version of the Power Cosmic. I think its fair to say that Galactus Herald level beings can beat up on GL's. Grab a whole bunch of them and throw Annihilus in there, who can apparently absorb any kind of energy and I think the GL corps goes kaput. GL corps loses to people that can manipulate ther energy (Parallax) and loses to overwhelming force (Superboy Prime), so its not beyond imagination to see that the Annihilation Wave with Annihilus and his Seekers could destroy em.

I think the JLA gets overwhelmed easily. Batman might be able to do something with prep. But Super-Skrull's plot to use a virus to destroy their doomsday machine would only have done that, and Nova's smart reconfiguring of the Annihilus Wave's commands while linked to Annihilus only worked for a short time since the Annihilus wave compensated and stopped that. I don't think there's a convenient computer virus or self-destruct mechanism/command that Batman could utilize. Makes me wonder just how the Marvel universe is gonna deal with them. The rest of them DCU cosmic heroes like Captain Comet, Adam Strange, Starman would get super-spanked. I don't know about Ion though. I haven't read much of him. But Annihilus fully absorbed the Quantum Force and nearly absorbed the totality of the Novaforce. Stands to reason he could absorb the Power of the Guardians. If he can, Kyle's f'ed and so's the DCU.

I also agree that Spectre and other cosmic beings would not get involved. I'd still think even if Spectre did, he'd have to absorb a crapload of magic to do so and then Annihilus would spank him with an anti-matter field and render his magics useless ftw.

I was wondering that too. When the hell did Annihilus get so strong? I've seen Quasar punked before by androids, so it wasn't totally surprising to see him utterly destroyed like that. But that was pretty badass. Didn't Thor beat Annihilus at one point? Anybody know?

mighty adam
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Did you even read the post where I said that Spectre would no more enter this battle than the Living Tribunal has? i know people act like they can't read or some shit. a can anyone tell me about this Awave i don't know much about them?

MightyEInherjar
I think if the senario was the same as it was in Marvel, the Annihilation Wave takes it. Top Tiers of the wave being:

Annihilus (w/Quasar Bands)
Thanos
A weapon powered by Galactus
Tenebrous
Aegis
Terrax
Ravenous
Tons of near-herald level soldiers and their 'dogs'
Then their seemingly limitless suply of shock troops and starships.

Provided the big guns (like Spectre and Mr Mxy) don't get involved, I think the Wave takes Apokolips before the rest of the Universe notices, then proceeds to battle and (IMO) defeat the GL corps. With their "Galactus Gun," Tenebrous, Aegis, and Thanos, plus nigh-infintie fodder, I think they pass the GL's...maybe not unscathed, but they pass it. I don't believe the JLA will be a problem at all for the Wave. If 6 Heralds and Galactus didn't even slow down the wave, I don't think the JLA is going to do much.

Also, this is barely past the tip of the iceberg for the Wave, I think we're going to see a lot more strength revealed in the next couple months.

newjak86
TO be fair about the GL Corps not all of them are that tough. While I do not doubt they could hold off the wave I don't see them stopping it. When you think about it the wave has been taking over and controling heralds of Galactus and even turned Big G into a Weapon that is not easy to do by any means.

Plus doesn't the wave Possess large scale teleportation as of now which really gives them a huge advantage in any fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.