Okay bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hambah
Um..I dunno if this has been posted already, and I'm a Jack/Elizabeth shipper, but I was watching the "Persuade Me" scene on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtzLcBc7WTI) and Norrington says "So you never wondered how your latest fiance ended up on the Flying Dutchman in the first place...?" And she pauses for a second then opens the compass and it points to Jack. Well..maybe she still does love Will..I mean..maybe at that moment what she wanted most in the world was to find out how Will ended up on the Flying Dutchman. Which was Jack. And maybe she didn't make that face after it pointed to Jack because HE'S what she wanted most, but because he was the REASON Will ended up on the Flying Dutchman and she was disappointed in him. sad Reply to this, and tell me if I'm wrong.

Chiki Mina
What my thought is and im not saying you're wrong, I might be wrong. Is that he mentions that to liz bc he knows that liz is quiet flattered with Jack. And I guess liz looked at her compass to see where the chest is and where are they heading, but resulted in pointing to jack. I dont think what she wanted the most is to know what happened to Will, is to find him.

Another Idea is that she looked at the compass to see if she can find will-as if like find a heading where will could be. But again resulted in pointing to Jack.

LovelyOne
I dont think the compass would point to Jack to answer a question of trust..as Ted said if it points to a waffle..the only reason it points there is becasue what you want most is that waffle. not to eat it..not to be belgian..you just want the waffle.

evilm0nki3
That's what came to my mind too when I watched that scene again but then i remembered the wafflebig grin

willofthewisp
I think she was just wanting to know what direction Will was in but saw it pointed to Jack and it made her second guess her feelings.

Chiki Mina
yay its what i said points woohoo

PirateDiva
Hi Chiki!!!! LOL!!

Chiki Mina
HOLA!!! it felt as if I havent seen you in a loong time lol.

PirateDiva
Oh I Know i havent been on all day till just about an Hour ago!! I missed my gurlies!!

Chiki Mina
we missed ya too big grin

akanai
Hey! But do not forget that when our famous three were on the island, searching the chest, compass was still pointing on jack! it can't be mistake X3 it must be destiny...

lovethemtigers
yes....the compass doesn't answer questions...Norrington knew it would point to Jack...thus confusing her....it points to the thing you want most in this world....I think she looked at the compass in a another denial attempt...like, come on compass hurry up and lead me to that chest so we can rescue Will and get me away from this Pirate and all these feelings he in evolking in me...maybe, and we may see it in a deleted scene....it has pointed to Jack on previous occasions and she's getting frightened about that...the look on her face after she looks at the compass says it all, IMO

LovelyOne
yeah he was being a sneaky one^^ LOL

lovethemtigers
yes W/E shippers and KTTC people can deny it to the bitter end

...but until I see/hear it explained away in AWE I'm going to continue to believe what my first impression was....
which is what Disney would want us to think....The Compass is Pointing To Jack
if you only watched the movie One Time...then you walk away thinking that the compass points to Jack when Liz looks at it...

to say we are over analyzing is calling the kettle black...to say the compass is pointing to Will through Jack is the craziest thing I've ever heard....
Will is nowhere around in those two scenes.
The first time he is like..somewhere on the Flying Dutchman in haunted waters.
The second time...yeah he is riding in on the underside of the Flying Dutchman, he is closer. But when you watch the movie...they haven't showed us that yet. We have no idea how close Will is.
I just don't think the camera would have focused so much on Jack...
I don't think the movie would have put so much emphasis on the Compass if it didn't mean anything.

Has anyone noticed...Captain Wonka started that thread "Choke On It" to piss us off and he hasn't showed back up...after we shot it down with our positive thoughts...how that scene could actually be another hot denial scene between the two...once we see it played out on screen...

Thorin

Chiki Mina
Its not clear either if there was a scene when Liz said "I love you to Will" or the curiosity scene she said "Im so ready to be married" but she didnt say so ready to be married to Will. She just wanted the wedding night laughing out loud

She was looking for the chest to SAVE will. Her intentions for Will was to have him safe. When she left from port royal was to help will to find jack. Not the other way around.

Is it so hard, ppl, to understand the compass???

LovelyOne
in all fairness she has never said it to Jack..although she is very similar to Jack. Her actions speak louder than words. Jack will never say I love you out loud but his actions speak louder..He's more honest when he's silent..so it explains the lack of "I love you" I think Liz is the same with both men...but her actions suggest she finds Jack far more intrusive mentally..Her care for Will is pretty much to save him I agree. The way she reacts when Will kisses her and then when Jack kisses her say it all...Jack knocks her off he feet and Will doesnt.

LovelyOne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.