The Ultimate Street Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Team 1: Captain America, Dare Devil, Luke Cage, and Spiderman

versus

Team 2: Iron Fist, Black Panther, Batman, and Wolverine

Fight in NYC

NO PIS

Dreampanther
Hoo - nice teams. Looking quickly, I'd probably say Team 1 takes it. Is it just a fight? In other words, does Batman have his whole bag of tricks with him?

I reckon Cap can take Bat (Bat admitted as much, in a crossover somewhere, I dunno if it was canon or not) and Spiderman will wipe Wolverine off the board, if the fight goes according to common sense, instead of according to "my favourite can beat your favourite".

However, I suspect Black Panther can take DD (althoiugh that's arguable) and between IF and Cage I'm not sure...

masterbruce
This is just a fight. Batman has his regular gadgets and suit. Each team is given 5 minute brief of their opponents.

I see the matchups as (although this obviously is not the only possibilty):

Panther vs. Captain America
Batman vs. DD
Wolverine/Iron Fist vs. Spiderman/Luke Cage (can go either way)

Metalmanx
I think Team 1 wins the majority.

masterbruce

Each team would have a different strategy as to matchups in order to maximize their strengths.

Team 1's strategy: Captain America would take on Wolverine since he has the shield to protect himself from Wolverine's claws. Dare Devil would take on Batman. Spiderman would take Black Panther. Luke Cage would take Iron Fist.

Team 2's strategy: Wolverine would take Luke Cage since he's the only one who could really hurt him. Batman would take on DD. Iron Fist would take Captain America. And Black Panther would take on Spiderman.

So, which team would win might depend on which team can get the most favorable matchups.

masterbruce
For those saying team 1 will win, remember that Wolverine is going to be hard to take down (his healing ability, fighting ability and general ferocity will present a big problem for whoever he's fighting), Black Panther is going to be able to fight anybody on team 1, Batman can prob hold his own against Dare Devil, and Iron Fist is a great fighter who can hold his own amongst these awesome heroes. I think neither team will win easily, it will be a long drawn out battle.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by masterbruce

versus

Fight in NYC

NO PIS

I think Spiderman gives team 1 a slightly bigger edge than Wolverine gives team 2. Spiderman, I would argue, can take out anyone on team 2, while Wolverine would not necessarily be able to take out Captain America.

Wolverine would probably have to target Cage for team 2 - although, come to think of it, would Batman be able to take out Cage with a knockout gas or something? Captain America might be the best strategist in the world, but both BP and Batman are geniuses, and they both like their toys (and BOY, do they have cool toys!).

These are really good teams...

If I were team 1, I would have Spiderman take out Batman HARD and FAST. With all his toys, he is potentially a bigger threat than any of his other team members...

masterbruce
How would Team 1 take out Wolverine?

Metalmanx
How would Team 1 take out Wolverine?

They'd just pummel him into submission. Especially since the rest of his team will go down one-by-one. That just adds to the roster of those who KO Wolverine.

masterbruce
Well, only one person can take on Wolverine. I mean, wolverine's team isn't going to just stand around and watch him get creamed. When the battle begins, it will become a 4 way matchup, so everyone is going to be busy and no one is going to be able to gang up on others. I created the teams to be fairly balanced so that the matchups should last quite awhile.

Metalmanx

Each team would have a different strategy as to matchups in order to maximize their strengths.

Team 1's strategy: Captain America would take on Wolverine since he has the shield to protect himself from Wolverine's claws. Dare Devil would take on Batman. Spiderman would take Black Panther. Luke Cage would take Iron Fist.

Team 2's strategy: Wolverine would take Luke Cage since he's the only one who could really hurt him. Batman would take on DD. Iron Fist would take Captain America. And Black Panther would take on Spiderman.

So, which team would win might depend on which team can get the most favorable matchups.

Team 1's Strategy:
Captain America vs. Wolverine: 5/10. Which means they can stalemate each other long enough.

Daredevil vs. Batman: Daredevil.

Spider-Man vs. Black Panther: Spider-Man.

Luke Cage vs. Iron Fist: I honestly don't know what kind of damage IF would do to Cage, so I'll leave this one at 5/10 for both.

Team 2's Strategy:
Wolverine vs. Luke Cage: Does Wolvie have the strength to cut Cage? I think that's still debatable.

Daredevil vs. Batman: Daredevil again.

Iron Fist vs. Captain America: Captain America, but just barely.

Black Panther vs. Spider-Man: Spidey again.

After any of Team 1's members defeats their assigned opponent (and they will), they can go help out whoever is fighting Wolverine. Wolvie's not as much a factor in this fight as you would want to believe.

So, like I said before, Team 1 wins the majority.

Dreampanther
To me, personally, Batman is a bigger threat than Wolverine, especially with his cannisters of knock-out gas, and all his other goodies.

Tshern
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Team 1's Strategy:
Captain America vs. Wolverine: 5/10. Which means they can stalemate each other long enough.

Daredevil vs. Batman: Daredevil.

Spider-Man vs. Black Panther: Spider-Man.

Luke Cage vs. Iron Fist: I honestly don't know what kind of damage IF would do to Cage, so I'll leave this one at 5/10 for both.

Team 2's Strategy:
Wolverine vs. Luke Cage: Does Wolvie have the strength to cut Cage? I think that's still debatable.

Daredevil vs. Batman: Daredevil again.

Iron Fist vs. Captain America: Captain America, but just barely.

Black Panther vs. Spider-Man: Spidey again.

After any of Team 1's members defeats their assigned opponent (and they will), they can go help out whoever is fighting Wolverine. Wolvie's not as much a factor in this fight as you would want to believe.

So, like I said before, Team 1 wins the majority.

Wow, our opinions clash so much that I don't know where to start. Well, firstly, Black Panther could use his antimetal gadgets to break down Cap's shield easily. Without the shield Cap loses to every single member of Team 2 and it only takes a few second to render the shield useless.

Daredevil wouldn't take out Bats who has his basic equipments with him. He simply can't take a majority against Batman who knows his weakness and has utilities to abuse it.

After Black Panther destroys Cap's shield, he could stalemate Spiderman for a long, long time and Wolverine meanwhile keeps Luke busy. Soon Batman beats DD and shieldless Cap falls against Ironfist. Then you have two 2 vs 1 fights.

Of course, that's just a possibility to show you that Team 2 has a chance if they play it smart and they sure as hell do play it smart.

h1a8
Originally posted by Tshern
Wow, our opinions clash so much that I don't know where to start. Well, firstly, Black Panther could use his antimetal gadgets to break down Cap's shield easily. Without the shield Cap loses to every single member of Team 2 and it only takes a few second to render the shield useless.

Daredevil wouldn't take out Bats who has his basic equipments with him. He simply can't take a majority against Batman who knows his weakness and has utilities to abuse it.

After Black Panther destroys Cap's shield, he could stalemate Spiderman for a long, long time and Wolverine meanwhile keeps Luke busy. Soon Batman beats DD and shieldless Cap falls against Ironfist. Then you have two 2 vs 1 fights.

Of course, that's just a possibility to show you that Team 2 has a chance if they play it smart and they sure as hell do play it smart.

antimetal claws cant affect cap's shield
nothing lower than cosmic cube can

marvelprince
Team 1 wins. All else aside these guys have all worked together many times before plus they have Captain America leading them and coming up with strategies. Team 1 wins cause of their much superior teamwork

Ultraman Baltan
Team 1 wins.
Without PIS, we have seen Spiderman either defeat or humiliate Wolverine(Marvel Team Up, Secret Wars). In Spiderman vs. Wolverine, it was definately PIS. Besides, the later majority shows that if SvW wasn't PIS, it only happened once out of three, and he didn't even win in SvW.
I reckon that Luke Cage beats Iron Fist. Nice match, but there isn't too much he can do to Powerman.
Black Panther vs. Captain America would be the next fight. In that case, I would give the majority to Captain America, and if not, Spiderman can help him out. So either way, there is a good chance of winning for Steve.
Finally, it's Batman vs. Daredevil. I would say that Batman wins 6/10. I don't really like the character(in fact, he is very annoying), but he is probably too much for the blind crusader.
So then, it's Batman vs. Captain America(who is now weaker than normal) and Spiderman. In which case, Spiderman wins alone pretty quickly.

masterbruce
I think personally while Captain America is a great leader, Batman is much smarter. He will figure out the optimal matchups for his team and tell them to follow it.

Team 2's optimal matchups:

Batman versus DD: DD uses his hearing to see. Batman is smart enough to realize after a bit of fighting to create someway to mess with DD's sonar (create noise with an exploding batarang, gas pellet, etc) and will triump over DD.

Black Panther versus Captain America: Panther knows how good Cap is so he won't underestimate him. He knows how well Cap uses his shield, so there won't be any surprise attacks like that. With his intelligence, fighting prowess, and suit he can certainly hold his own if not defeat Captain America.

Iron Fist versus Luke Cage: IF knows Cage better than the others. He knows that Cage is a hothead and while Cage may be stronger, IF just needs to wait for the right moment to get that critical strike to put Cage out. If he does, he wins. If he doesn't, then he'll face a tough battle.

Wolverine versus Spiderman: Spiderman is more agile and faster, but nobody is more fierce than Wolverine, and he's had experience versus alot tougher foes than Spidey and come through. With his adamantium skeleton and incredible healing, there's really little spidey can do to seriously damage him, while Spidey will prob tire before Wolverine and Wolverine will go in for the death strike when he smells Spidey's weakness.

I'm not suggesting team 2 will take this as a cakewalk, but it certainly can win.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Dreampanther
To me, personally, Batman is a bigger threat than Wolverine, especially with his cannisters of knock-out gas, and all his other goodies. But on the other side he's a lot easier to take out. A Spidey or Cage serious punch to the face will flat out kill Bats. Wolvie is another story though. Spidey can suffocate Wolvie though and Cage could throw Wolvie very far from the fight. Team 1 for the winOriginally posted by masterbruce
I think personally while Captain America is a great leader, Batman is much smarter. He will figure out the optimal matchups for his team and tell them to follow it.
Nah. Batman is smarter in a "have him do my taxes" sense, but in a tactical sense Cap is second to none. Batman might possibly be equal in that sense, but not better. Cap's a man that gods listen to for a reason.

masterbruce
Originally posted by brainchild81
But on the other side he's a lot easier to take out. A Spidey or Cage serious punch to the face will flat out kill Bats(. Wolvie is another story though. Spidey can suffocate Wolvie though and Cage could throw Wolvie very far from the fight. Team 1 for the win

well, on the otherhand, a stab from wolverine's blades or Panther's daggers can easily kill DD, Spidey or Captain America. Batman also knows all the pressure points so that'll help him compensate for his strength (but he's gonna be matched up against DD anyways, so that doesn't come to play)

I doubt spidey could suffocate Wolverine and Cage cannot throw Wolverine very far from the battle.

If batman defeats DD quickly, it'll be a 4 on 3 in favor of team 2.

brainchild81
You know how strong Cage is now? And yeah Spidey could just web Wolvies hands up in a way that he can't use the claws well & then web his face up. Wolvie's face up. The odds of those things you speak of hitting DD, Spidey or Cap are very low though. (Especially for Spidey & DD) Speed kills & a "Gonna kill you" Spidey will knock of limbs or heads for people like Iron fist or Bats.

Metalmanx
Wait. Are we usiung Bat-God here? The same Bat-God that can figure out the world's greatest mysteries while literally sleeping and in a coma? I thought we were using the standard (hah!), non-universe-killing Batman?

He's NOT going to figure out that DD is blind during their fight. When they met, he didn't even figure it out until WELL after the fight. Batman is going to be so busy trying not to get his ass kicked, he'll never have a chance to realize DD is blind. Thus, he'll just try and out martial arts him, or use batarangs or something. In that case, DD is superior due to his senses.

Cage can toss Wolverine into the next county. He IS in fact that strong. And Spider-Man can, in fact, suffucate him if he really wants to. We've seen what a non-holding back Spider-Man can do to him.

I didn't think T'Challa's anti-metal claws worked on Cap's shield, but I could be wrong as well. Evidence?

Honestly, however, I think that Black Panther would get the majority over Cap, but since they're not fighting, there's no worry there.

There is no way that Black Panther would be able to stalemate Spidey for "a long, long time". If he wanted to, Spidey would wreck T'Challa. Hell, written properly, Spider-Man can take out the entire team himself. He's done more impressive before, in my book.

Batman is by far the first to go down. From there, it's a steady win for Team 1.

masterbruce
Team 1 may be a bit more powerful than team 2, but team 2 is much more deadly. While team one can rely mostly on their fists and strength, team 2 can resort to adamantium claws, explosive batarangs, panther's daggers, and Iron Fist's fists which are deadly.

masterbruce
no, not badgod, metalmanx. But in the 5 minute briefing, they are giving info on the other team and any notable qualities. Thus team 2 will be informed that DD is blind and relies on sonar.

I've never seen anyone throw wolverine more than a couple hundred feet, and that was the savage hulk mad. So unless Cage is now as strong as the incredible hulk, I doubt that he could. Also I doubt wolverine will just allow Cage to grab him and chuck him like a football. You also have to remember that wolverine held his own against much tougher enemies (savage hulk, juggernaut) and survived. So he can definitely take what spiderman or luke cage can dish on him.

Dreampanther

versus

With 5 minutes prep Batman poses a serious threat to DD, if he has a sonar-thingy (is that the technical term?). DD's senses are so super-sensitive, he'll be completely disoriented, and effectively out of the fight (because it's not gonna be a long fight, if I'm any judge).

However, that still leaves Captain America, Spiderman and Cage, and, according to Wiki: "In their first meeting, Cage and Spider-Man appeared to be roughly equal in physical strength (Amazing Spider-Man #123, August 1973). However, subsequent experimentation by Noah Burstein appears to have increased Cage's strength considerably."

And Captain America is a better tactician than Batman, in my opinion (though not by much). I would have Spiderman throw a web on Wolverine, and sling him away so far that before he gets back the fight is over (because that healing power is annoying stick out tongue so instead of fighting him, I'd just remove him from the fight). Spiderman is fast and strong enough to do it.

That leaves Batman, Iron Fist and Black Panther. I would put Spiderman against Black Panther, Cap against Batman and Cage against Iron Fist. Spiderman should take BP, Cap will/might take Batman (not sure) and Cage should keep Iron Fist busy for long enough that after Spiderman took BP, he can assist either Cap or Cage, whichever needs his help most urgently.

I still think team 1 has a slight edge... I'd give it to them 6, maybe 7 out of 10...

marvelprince
no, not badgod, metalmanx. But in the 5 minute briefing, they are giving info on the other team and any notable qualities. Thus team 2 will be informed that DD is blind and relies on sonar.

I've never seen anyone throw wolverine more than a couple hundred feet, and that was the savage hulk mad. So unless Cage is now as strong as the incredible hulk, I doubt that he could. Also I doubt wolverine will just allow Cage to grab him and chuck him like a football. You also have to remember that wolverine held his own against much tougher enemies (savage hulk, juggernaut) and survived. So he can definitely take what spiderman or luke cage can dish on him.

Venom has flung Wolverine away like a rag doll before IIRC. He's also been flung back from telekineis too but that probably doesn't count here.

Besides, in NA Cage flung Wolverine away pretty easily. It wasn't more than a few yards but you can tell it was minimal effort

Soljer
Spiderman could, very easily, take Wolverine out of the fight right to begin with. Web him up, and hammer throw him as far as he can. Will it KO or even injure wolverine? No, but it gives the rest of the team plenty of time to whittle the rest down.

On the Batman vs. Daredevil note, we are only looking at one sided prep. Yes, Daredevil has INSANE senses, but he doesn't primarily rely on his hearing. Rather, he relies on his radar sense. Thusly, I'd argue that Daredevil, KNOWING that batman has all sorts of gadgetry, makes some sort of 'earplug,' perhaps out of Spiderman's webbing. While this puts him at a slight disadvantage, I'd say his radar sense is plenty accurate enough for him to keep up with the others WITHOUT the benefit of sound.

Now, assuming Wolverine is still in the next city block, and is currently hailing a cab back to the fight, it'll be a non-sonicly-affected Daredevil vs. Batman, Captain America vs. Black Panther and Luke Cage versus Iron fist.

Not bad match-ups, in my opinion. However, I would say that T'challa would lose a slight majority of the time to Captain America, I'd say that Batman would definitely lose to a top notch Daredevil, and at the BEST stalemate the hearing impaired one. And...well...Luke Cage and Iron Fist? They could deal with each other for long enough.

But wait...we're ignoring Team 1's biggest gun! Spidey! He could, quite literally, sit on his ass, out of reach of Team 2, and simply assist every other combatant. Throw some webbing on Batman's feet, pull them out from under him, right into an Uppercut from daredevil. Throw a web net on Iron Fist, right as he's going for a flying kick, and do similar to T'challa.

One on one, each fight was great, but with Spidey as back up, it's a curbstomp!

Then, by the time Wolverine returns, it's a full team versus him, and there is NO WAY that Wolverine even gets 1/10 on Spiderman, Captain America, Daredevil, AND Luke Cage. No way.

Team one for the win.

Metalmanx

The Wrecker threw Wolverine like...what seemed to be AT LEAST a couple miles away. In the New Avengers series. And Cage is either as strong or stronger than the Wrecker. It wasn't that difficult. He just grabbed Wolverine's wrist as Wolvie was trying to slash him and tossed him. Pretty simple for cage to do as well. erm

That 5 minute briefing seems to be a GIANT disadvantage towards Team 1, especially since DD is the only one with any real weakness here. Although, if Batman uses sonics, he'll put Wolverine down, too (if he's still in the same zip code, that is). Wolvie's senses aren't as good as DD's, but still enhanced enough to the point where sonics would put him down.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
Spiderman could, very easily, take Wolverine out of the fight right to begin with. Web him up, and hammer throw him as far as he can. Will it KO or even injure wolverine? No, but it gives the rest of the team plenty of time to whittle the rest down.

On the Batman vs. Daredevil note, we are only looking at one sided prep. Yes, Daredevil has INSANE senses, but he doesn't primarily rely on his hearing. Rather, he relies on his radar sense. Thusly, I'd argue that Daredevil, KNOWING that batman has all sorts of gadgetry, makes some sort of 'earplug,' perhaps out of Spiderman's webbing. While this puts him at a slight disadvantage, I'd say his radar sense is plenty accurate enough for him to keep up with the others WITHOUT the benefit of sound.

Now, assuming Wolverine is still in the next city block, and is currently hailing a cab back to the fight, it'll be a non-sonicly-affected Daredevil vs. Batman, Captain America vs. Black Panther and Luke Cage versus Iron fist.

Not bad match-ups, in my opinion. However, I would say that T'challa would lose a slight majority of the time to Captain America, I'd say that Batman would definitely lose to a top notch Daredevil, and at the BEST stalemate the hearing impaired one. And...well...Luke Cage and Iron Fist? They could deal with each other for long enough.

But wait...we're ignoring Team 1's biggest gun! Spidey! He could, quite literally, sit on his ass, out of reach of Team 2, and simply assist every other combatant. Throw some webbing on Batman's feet, pull them out from under him, right into an Uppercut from daredevil. Throw a web net on Iron Fist, right as he's going for a flying kick, and do similar to T'challa.

One on one, each fight was great, but with Spidey as back up, it's a curbstomp!

Then, by the time Wolverine returns, it's a full team versus him, and there is NO WAY that Wolverine even gets 1/10 on Spiderman, Captain America, Daredevil, AND Luke Cage. No way.

Team one for the win.

That's a damn accurate assessment. The ONLY thing I disagree with, is that I think T'Challa gets the slight majority against Cap. But, fortunately for Team 1 and masterbruce's specifications, Cap won't be fighting BP.

But I really like that idea to make ear plugs for DD using Spidey's webbing or something else like that. That's smart, I never really considered that.

jinzin
team 1 takes this.

brainchild81
That's a damn accurate assessment. The ONLY thing I disagree with, is that I think T'Challa gets the slight majority against Cap. But, fortunately for Team 1 and masterbruce's specifications, Cap won't be fighting BP.

But I really like that idea to make ear plugs for DD using Spidey's webbing or something else like that. That's smart, I never really considered that. Yeah, that's pretty smooth. Bats will be all cocky thinking he got a trump card an DD will just start boppin' him in the face w/the stick. Watch though, when wolvie gets back he'll somehow be able to take Cage punches right in the face and not budge. He'll be faster than Spidey too sad You know how Marvel do.

King_Mungi
bah! ultimate street fight...and no Puck? :P

marvelprince
The Wrecker threw Wolverine like...what seemed to be AT LEAST a couple miles away. In the New Avengers series. And Cage is either as strong or stronger than the Wrecker. It wasn't that difficult. He just grabbed Wolverine's wrist as Wolvie was trying to slash him and tossed him. Pretty simple for cage to do as well. erm

That 5 minute briefing seems to be a GIANT disadvantage towards Team 1, especially since DD is the only one with any real weakness here. Although, if Batman uses sonics, he'll put Wolverine down, too (if he's still in the same zip code, that is). Wolvie's senses aren't as good as DD's, but still enhanced enough to the point where sonics would put him down.

I was just gonna add that Bruce with sonics also takes down Wolverine. Nice point

Accel
I see Team 1 taking this.

SpunkySmurph
Yeah, that's pretty smooth. Bats will be all cocky thinking he got a trump card an DD will just start boppin' him in the face w/the stick. Watch though, when wolvie gets back he'll somehow be able to take Cage punches right in the face and not budge. He'll be faster than Spidey too sad You know how Marvel do.

If the earplugs are powerful enough to block the effects of a sonic-attack, wouldn't it diminish his actual senses as well? confused

Oh, and Team 2 for the win:

I'm even gonna bar sonics for this.

My first reaction was Team One ftw, but then I thought about it more. And I just wanted to be contrary. stick out tongue

Bats vs. Cap- Bats ftw. Yes, Cap is probably a better tactician. Only by a very small amount though. However, Bats has two things going for him: His gadgets. And his cunning. Bats has held his own against tons of enemies, completley defensive until he's formulated a plan, and then he puts it into action. After deflecting a couple Batarangs, he would realize the sheild was extremley tough. He may also realize that Cap has no actual superhuman feats going for him. He would hold his own until he knows what to do, and then it's done for Cap.

Daredevil vs. Black Panther- BP takes it 7/10. I'm not discrediting DD- but Bp's gadgets give him the edge. Because, Daredevil would take the win, except that, all BP has to do is get a couple of hits. DD has shrugged off major hits before by simply rolling with them when he can't dodge. But, BP's enhanced speed, combined with both his claws and his knives mean he CAN hit DD and CAN take a win. A majority, even.

Ironfist and Wolverine vs. Spiderman and Luke Cage-
The problem with Wolverine is that people don't realize when he's at his best. He gets discredited for one on one battles, but his true deadly nature comes into play in Multi-melee battles. His feral side makes him extremley deadly to anyone around him. His speed and reflexes allow him to go from target to target, and his instincts, senses and overall H2H amazing skill means he can follow through. And his Healing Factor keeps him in the game.
Combine all of that with a man who's on of the MU's most talentd MA's when he's NOT using his chi, and you've got a very dangerours situation. When he is using his Chi, he's a superhuman martial artist. Just upping the danger.

People say that, if written properly, Wolvy should be removed from battle a few seconds in. But thats a wrtieen properly Cage/SM vs. a NOT written properly Wolverine. If written properly, Cage shouldn't be fast enough to catch him, and except for very close range, webbing shouldn't either. And if anybody DOES grab him, they shouldn't be able to hold him long enough to throw him. And he should be able to cut Cage's skin- it's ranked as hard as titanium. And Wolvy's cut titanium before.
Iron Fist is capable of holding his own against either contestant. Granted, Spidy would probably get a win, but not immediatley. And Cage would go down.

I reckon the two on two fight would last long enough for the other members of team two to come along, and make it a three or even four on two fight.

Team Two 7/10.

masterbruce
Anyone else supporting team 2 ftw?

braz

versus

hard to say.

Team 2's strat or the way i see it going:

Daredevil vs Batman: Batman. why? sonics. plain and simple. if not, a flashbang, if not that, an exploding batarang etc.

Wolverine vs Cage: Wolverine. why? Cage gets gutted. yes, even with his steel-hard skin, those claws are indestructible and can go through anything. ive seen wolves many-a-times slash guns to shreds which are steel, so there ya have it.

Black Panther vs Cap: Black Panther. hes been known to beat Cap and i dont see what would stop him here from doing it again. better equipment/gadgetry, weapons.

and Spiderman takes on whoevers left which is Iron Fist and whoever finishes their fight and wins first, which i think would be Bats, via sonics, and then Wolverine with his claws and they could teamup on Spiderman while BP takes down Cap still, which IMO will be awhile.
but then again, Spideys not just gunna be standing around while his other 3 teammates get beat, but i think Iron Fist could hold off spidey some while all of spidermans team mates get beat.

Team 1's strat:

Spidey kicks wolvie out the fight, webs him up and tosses him several street blocks. ahh, thats better big grin and Team 2 just gets completely pwned.

Batman beats DD again, but then Spiderman KOs or kills Batman in one punch, so they cancel out.

Cap beats IF, then they gang up on BP and gang bang him.

most likely overall, id say team 1 wins. 6/10 its really close though.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by braz

versus

hard to say.

Team 2's strat or the way i see it going:

Daredevil vs Batman: Batman. why? sonics. plain and simple. if not, a flashbang, if not that, an exploding batarang etc.

Wolverine vs Cage: Wolverine. why? Cage gets gutted. yes, even with his steel-hard skin, those claws are indestructible and can go through anything. ive seen wolves many-a-times slash guns to shreds which are steel, so there ya have it.

Black Panther vs Cap: Black Panther. hes been known to beat Cap and i dont see what would stop him here from doing it again. better equipment/gadgetry, weapons.

and Spiderman takes on whoevers left which is Iron Fist and whoever finishes their fight and wins first, which i think would be Bats, via sonics, and then Wolverine with his claws and they could teamup on Spiderman while BP takes down Cap still, which IMO will be awhile.
but then again, Spideys not just gunna be standing around while his other 3 teammates get beat, but i think Iron Fist could hold off spidey some while all of spidermans team mates get beat.

Team 1's strat:

Spidey kicks wolvie out the fight, webs him up and tosses him several street blocks. ahh, thats better big grin and Team 2 just gets completely pwned.

Batman beats DD again, but then Spiderman KOs or kills Batman in one punch, so they cancel out.

Cap beats IF, then they gang up on BP and gang bang him.

most likely overall, id say team 1 wins. 6/10 its really close though.

Not that it helps my case... but I'd like to point out that Cage's skin has the strength of titanium, not steel. Wolvy should still be able to stab him, but I thought I'd let you know.

braz
ok. regardless, Cage's team still wins IMO. barely though. just too much strength and speed on one side. erm

masterbruce
I think everyone is underestimating batman here. He is an incredibly good fighter and peak human, but more importantly, he's the smartest guy in this scenario, bar none. He is freaking resourceful as hell, so don't expect him to go down easily or quickly, he will definitely be a nuisance to team 1.

Batman will realize that he's outpowered physically against anyone on the opposing team (except maybe DD) so he won't resort only to fighting to ensure his team's victory and maybe serve more as a support figure.

Also, no one is chucking wolverine miles away. Wolverine ain't gonna just stand there and let Cage grab him or Spidey web him. Is there anyone more ferocious than an angry wolverine? He will make anyone he fights regret the day they were born or die trying.

Soljer
I think everyone is underestimating batman here. He is an incredibly good fighter and peak human, but more importantly, he's the smartest guy in this scenario, bar none. He is freaking resourceful as hell, so don't expect him to go down easily or quickly, he will definitely be a nuisance to team 1.

Batman will realize that he's outpowered physically against anyone on the opposing team (except maybe DD) so he won't resort only to fighting to ensure his team's victory and maybe serve more as a support figure.

Also, no one is chucking wolverine miles away. Wolverine ain't gonna just stand there and let Cage grab him or Spidey web him. Is there anyone more ferocious than an angry wolverine? He will make anyone he fights regret the day they were born or die trying.

So...spiderman couldn't stay, say...fifty feet from Wolverine, lay down a blanket of webbing, enrapture him, and hammer-throw him a few blocks? What the f**k?

Metalmanx

I don't think anyone is underestimating Batman at all. He just happens to be the weakest link, which isn't saying anything bad about him.

With ALL of the characters written properly, Spider-Man can take out the entire Team 2 by himself. Fact. no expression

masterbruce
no, wolverine would cut through the webbing before the net encloses on him.

Soljer
no, wolverine would cut through the webbing before the net encloses on him.

And Spiderman can just keep applying, and keep applying. I'll bet the farm that Wolverine gets a little sticky before Spiderman runs out of webbing.

masterbruce
I doubt spidey would just sit there and shoot webbing all day. Wolverine would lunge at him with his claws furiously slashing so no webbing gets on him, if spidey stands there shooting webbing still, he'll be sushi rolls.

Nobody on team 1 can really kill wolverine, but wolverine can kill everyone on team 1.

batdude123
I don't think anyone is underestimating Batman at all. He just happens to be the weakest link, which isn't saying anything bad about him.

With ALL of the characters written properly, Spider-Man can take out the entire Team 2 by himself. Fact. no expression

How the hell is Batman the weakest link? He's above Iron Fist due to gadgets.

DD- SONICS

Cap- gadgets

I really don't see your point. confused

SpunkySmurph
I doubt spidey would just sit there and shoot webbing all day. Wolverine would lunge at him with his claws furiously slashing so no webbing gets on him, if spidey stands there shooting webbing still, he'll be sushi rolls.

Nobody on team 1 can really kill wolverine, but wolverine can kill everyone on team 1.

thumb up

I'd do that to all of your past couple posts, but that would take alot of effort. stick out tongue

thumb down

thedude1948

no

But he can be KO'd

Team one takes this, they'd have a better battle strategy because of Cap, and they also have the muscle. They take it 6-7/10

Soljer

Spidey can sit on the side of a building, well out of Wolverine's reach, and lay webbing out. Considering Spiderman's mobility, he might as well be a flyer, no one in this match can touch him if he doesn't wanna be touched.

SpunkySmurph
Spidey can sit on the side of a building, well out of Wolverine's reach, and lay webbing out. Considering Spiderman's mobility, he might as well be a flyer, no one in this match can touch him if he doesn't wanna be touched.

Unfortunatley, your comparing Spiderman's POWERS to Wolverine. Spiderman doesn't fight like that. One place where Wolverine has the clear majority is the skills dept.

Metalmanx

Exactly.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by batdude123
How the hell is Batman the weakest link? He's above Iron Fist due to gadgets.

DD- SONICS

Cap- gadgets

I really don't see your point. confused

My point is that Batman is the easiest to put down. At the very start of the battle, Spidey could web him/Cap could shield-toss him/Cage could throw some rocks at him?

And with their few minutes of prep time, what's to stop DD from protecting himself with his some ear-plugs? Those would render Batman's sonics useless, and the sonics would put Wolverine down as well. erm

batdude123
My point is that Batman is the easiest to put down. At the very start of the battle, Spidey could web him/Cap could shield-toss him/Cage could throw some rocks at him?

And with their few minutes of prep time, what's to stop DD from protecting himself with his some ear-plugs? Those would render Batman's sonics useless, and the sonics would put Wolverine down as well. erm

Easiest to put down???? huh Sorry but that title would go to Danny. You have to remember that Batman has armor. BP and Batman would be the most useful for their team because of what they bring to the fight. Batman isn't going to be put down easily AT ALL in this fight. Nobody has the ability to put him down quickly here.

Wolverine could heal and Daredevil couldn't. There's a big difference. 'Course there is Batman's torch along with his teleporting device.

Zahit

you were saying....

http://omnibus.uni-freiburg.de/~ungan/covers/marveltu1.jpg

whistle

masterbruce
nice pic. but I think it was meant to be a funny moment. Surely, that wasn't a wolverine on bloodlust mode trying to kill spiderman.

Tshern
A nice debate, keep up the good work, people.

Here they come again, my two cents.

In a thread like this, there's a lot of things that are subjective, but at first I try to formulate a list of the objective advantages of both teams. Please correct me if there is something wrong.

-Strength: Definitely Team 1, Spider-man alone is more powerful than the whole Team 2. Add in Luke Cage and you have a double lead in that department.

-Speed: A tough call. Spider-man is the fastest man in the battle, but he is followed by Wolverine and Black Panther, which balances the equation a bit. Also, Luke Cage is probably the slowest man in the fight. Remember also Black Panther's speed, he was able to jump into Susan's forcefield. This is important to notice if he goes against Spidey.

Fighting skills: In my opinion, this one is easily going to Team 2. Team 1 has Captain America and Daredevil, but I see Batman and Ironfist both being better in terms of sheer skill. Wolverine and Black Panther soon follow, Wolverine is arguably even better than DD and on par with Cap.

Gadgetry: I believe no-one is even arguing for Team 2, right?

Yeah, that's about it with the lists. Strength gives Team 1 a definite advantage, but gadgetry evens the odds. Batman and Black Panther have very good armours, weapons and even a teleportation device. I think Batman can take out Daredevil and if BP manages to destroy Cap's shield, Team 2 has the advantage in this fight.

There are many undefined things in the battle. The most important of them is pairing. Who fights who? We can't know for sure, they can even switch pairs when the match goes on. Both of the teams have good chances of winning, it's all about who fights who. No-one wants to fight against a superior foe and when both teams have people avoiding some members of the other team, you have a small chaos. Anything can happen.

Alfheim

He's not. The wrecker can lift 40 tons when he is not sharing his strength. Luke Cage can officially lift 25 tons, that is still strong enough to chuck wolverine a long distance.

Juntai
A nice debate, keep up the good work, people.

Here they come again, my two cents.

In a thread like this, there's a lot of things that are subjective, but at first I try to formulate a list of the objective advantages of both teams. Please correct me if there is something wrong.

-Strength: Definitely Team 1, Spider-man alone is more powerful than the whole Team 2. Add in Luke Cage and you have a double lead in that department.

-Speed: A tough call. Spider-man is the fastest man in the battle, but he is followed by Wolverine and Black Panther, which balances the equation a bit. Also, Luke Cage is probably the slowest man in the fight. Remember also Black Panther's speed, he was able to jump into Susan's forcefield. This is important to notice if he goes against Spidey.

Fighting skills: In my opinion, this one is easily going to Team 2. Team 1 has Captain America and Daredevil, but I see Batman and Ironfist both being better in terms of sheer skill. Wolverine and Black Panther soon follow, Wolverine is arguably even better than DD and on par with Cap.

Gadgetry: I believe no-one is even arguing for Team 2, right?

Yeah, that's about it with the lists. Strength gives Team 1 a definite advantage, but gadgetry evens the odds. Batman and Black Panther have very good armours, weapons and even a teleportation device. I think Batman can take out Daredevil and if BP manages to destroy Cap's shield, Team 2 has the advantage in this fight.

There are many undefined things in the battle. The most important of them is pairing. Who fights who? We can't know for sure, they can even switch pairs when the match goes on. Both of the teams have good chances of winning, it's all about who fights who. No-one wants to fight against a superior foe and when both teams have people avoiding some members of the other team, you have a small chaos. Anything can happen. cosign

Tha C-Master
nice pic. but I think it was meant to be a funny moment. Surely, that wasn't a wolverine on bloodlust mode trying to kill spiderman. Yep Spiderman was sure in bloodlust. Fighting for his family.

Juntai
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yep Spiderman was sure in bloodlust. Fighting for his family. Spiderman and Wolverine are back and forth. If it's going into the Wolverine vs Spiderman again, pick up the Spidey vs Wolvie thread again, and it's thousands of pages.
Spidey COULD web up Wolverine. or Wolverine COULD lops his arms and legs away from his torso in a quick motion. Both are viable options for debators.

Metalmanx
nice pic. but I think it was meant to be a funny moment. Surely, that wasn't a wolverine on bloodlust mode trying to kill spiderman.

It doesn't matter. Wolverine didn't want to get webbed up. Spidey wanted him webbed up. Wolverine got webbed up.

Bloodlusted or not (it's not important in this case), Spidey embarassed him.

Tshern
Yep Spiderman was sure in bloodlust. Fighting for his family.
There's no need for Spidey to defend his family, Aunt May beats up each and everyone who dares to come up to her and throw a challenge.

But yeah, neither of them were fighting to their fullest, I suppose.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Juntai
or Wolverine COULD lops his arms and legs away from his torso in a quick motion.

Er no wolverine gets owned by spidey on a regular basis.

Juntai
Originally posted by Alfheim
Er no wolverine gets owned by spidey on a regular basis. You apperently didn't see the Wolverine vs Spidey thread. They came up with scans of Wolvie winning their fights nearly twice as much as the Spidey fans did the opposite.

That was where I first saw the pic of Wolvie in the webs, another was throwing Wolvie through the 'unbreakable glass' from Tony and a few others, however there was nearly a dozen times or so of Wolvine pounding the shit out of Spidey.

Their battles are very back and forth.

Tshern
But to lead the thread back to its original trails, what do you people think, could Black Panther fight Spider-man long enough to get support from his team mates who eliminate their opponents? And yeah, that's not the only way the fight might go, but it's an option.

Alfheim

That was where I first saw the pic of Wolvie in the webs, another was throwing Wolvie through the 'unbreakable glass' from Tony and a few others, however there was nearly a dozen times or so of Wolvine pounding the shit out of Spidey.

Well there was supposed to be one with Wolverine vs Spidey when Wolverine did well but they were sparring. I saw the Wolverine vs Spiderman thread I have never seen Wolverine own Spiderman.

Metalmanx
You apperently didn't see the Wolverine vs Spidey thread. They came up with scans of Wolvie winning their fights nearly twice as much as the Spidey fans did the opposite.

...Dozens...? What the f**k?

Tshern
...Dozens...? What the f**k?
Nearly a dozen, not dozenS.

Alfheim

Nearly a dozen? What the f**k? You mean N-O-N-E

Tha C-Master
Spiderman and Wolverine are back and forth. If it's going into the Wolverine vs Spiderman again, pick up the Spidey vs Wolvie thread again, and it's thousands of pages.
Spidey COULD web up Wolverine. or Wolverine COULD lops his arms and legs away from his torso in a quick motion. Both are viable options for debators. Spiderman has never been "pounded" by Wolverine multiple times ever, he got stabbed on accident. Spiderman on the forum, especially current Spiderman has what it takes to take out Wolverine despite them amping him up in a crossover. Spiderman could simply stalemate the match in two ways if he wished. I see Spiderman dodging Wolverine more than Wolverine dodging Spiderman for obvious reasons.

Metalmanx

Alright, lemme correct myself.

...Nearly a dozen...? What the f**k?

Alfheim
Alright, lemme correct myself.

...Nearly a dozen...? What the f**k?

Dozen. Nearly a dozen it still requires a WTF. Anyway I dont know what im talking about....I like cap... embarrasment

brainchild81
Spiderman and Wolverine are back and forth. If it's going into the Wolverine vs Spiderman again, pick up the Spidey vs Wolvie thread again, and it's thousands of pages.
Spidey COULD web up Wolverine. or Wolverine COULD lops his arms and legs away from his torso in a quick motion. Both are viable options for debators. Nah. Wolverine couldn't. He's simply not fast enough to do that to Spidey. Non-PIS Spidey punches Wolvie just enough to put him on the ground and then properly placed webbing will stop him from breathing. Originally posted by Metalmanx
It doesn't matter. Wolverine didn't want to get webbed up. Spidey wanted him webbed up. Wolverine got webbed up.

Bloodlusted or not (it's not important in this case), Spidey embarassed him. Ditto

python99
Spiderman is going to fight and throw out webs to aid his team at the same time. The webs will just be a distraction to the opposing team, giving team 1 the edge. If Spidey and his team are on their game his team should take this no prob. All there needs to be is a few distractions and team 2 should get beaten.

marvelprince
Team 1 still wins. Cap's leadership along with Spider-Man blitzing everyone can win this. Hell I can see this fight won by Cap flinging his shield and telling Peter to bounce around.

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
People say that, if written properly, Wolvy should be removed from battle a few seconds in. But thats a wrtieen properly Cage/SM vs. a NOT written properly Wolverine. If written properly, Cage shouldn't be fast enough to catch him, and except for very close range, webbing shouldn't either. And if anybody DOES grab him, they shouldn't be able to hold him long enough to throw him. And he should be able to cut Cage's skin- it's ranked as hard as titanium. And Wolvy's cut titanium before.
Iron Fist is capable of holding his own against either contestant. Granted, Spidy would probably get a win, but not immediatley. And Cage would go down.

I reckon the two on two fight would last long enough for the other members of team two to come along, and make it a three or even four on two fight.

Team Two 7/10.

No way. Wolverine is fast, but not fast enough to avoid a Spider-Man that wants to tag him. And Wolverine is not meleeing anyone on team 1. If you say Wolverine is fast enough to do then I say Spider-man is fast enough to already have done it

masterbruce
I can't believe all of you are overlooking the fact that team 2 has two of the baddest dudes on the planet, Batman and Wolverine (not even talking about PIS stuff). These two are arguably two of the toughest fighters around.

Many of you mentioned spiderman's webbing, but what about Panther's weapons or Batman's explosive or gas batarangs and other weapons he has.

And also, in terms of wolverine vs. spidey, remember another critical element: stamina. Wolverine has a hell of alot more stamina and endurance than spidey. In fact, spidey often complains of how tired he is, while wolverine never does because his healing factor helps him recuperate energy as well.

And finally, why are people assuming wolverine will never strike anyone with his claws? (it seems those are the same people who seem to believe spiderman can shoot webbing with the accuracy of bullseye). If he slashes someone, say bye bye to that guy.

Metalmanx
I can't believe all of you are overlooking the fact that team 2 has two of the baddest dudes on the planet, Batman and Wolverine (not even talking about PIS stuff). These two are arguably two of the toughest fighters around.

Many of you mentioned spiderman's webbing, but what about Panther's weapons or Batman's explosive or gas batarangs and other weapons he has.

And also, in terms of wolverine vs. spidey, remember another critical element: stamina. Wolverine has a hell of alot more stamina and endurance than spidey. In fact, spidey often complains of how tired he is, while wolverine never does because his healing factor helps him recuperate energy as well.

And finally, why are people assuming wolverine will never strike anyone with his claws? (it seems those are the same people who seem to believe spiderman can shoot webbing with the accuracy of bullseye). If he slashes someone, say bye bye to that guy.

I can't believe that you think we're underestimating them. If we were, would we take the time to argue so well against them?

Batman and Wolverine are badasses. There's no doubt about that. However, Team 1 just happens to have the right mix of opponents to take them both down.

Batman can be taken out nearly immediately by Spider-Man.

Wolverine can be stalled and stalemated by any of Team 1. Yes, even when he uses his claws. And then Batman's opponent will come assist whoever is fighting Wolvie. He can't fight forever.

And honestly, dude? Spidey complains ALL THE TIME. He hardly ever means it though. He just loves to talk. It's just what he does. He even said himself, silence makes him uncomfortable. Spider-Man has fought for entire day straight against Morlun, a far superior opponent. No rest or anything.

And no, Spidey does not have the accuracy of Bullseye. But he's really not far off. He's been using his webbing for years and years, since he was 15. He's become more accurate with those than most sharpshooters with sniper rifles. The feats speak for themselves.

Team 1 for the win.

Soljer
I can't believe that you think we're underestimating them. If we were, would we take the time to argue so well against them?

Batman and Wolverine are badasses. There's no doubt about that. However, Team 1 just happens to have the right mix of opponents to take them both down.

Batman can be taken out nearly immediately by Spider-Man.

Wolverine can be stalled and stalemated by any of Team 1. Yes, even when he uses his claws. And then Batman's opponent will come assist whoever is fighting Wolvie. He can't fight forever.

And honestly, dude? Spidey complains ALL THE TIME. He hardly ever means it though. He just loves to talk. It's just what he does. He even said himself, silence makes him uncomfortable. Spider-Man has fought for entire day straight against Morlun, a far superior opponent. No rest or anything.

And no, Spidey does not have the accuracy of Bullseye. But he's really not far off. He's been using his webbing for years and years, since he was 15. He's become more accurate with those than most sharpshooters with sniper rifles. The feats speak for themselves.

Team 1 for the win.

Quoted for truth.

brainchild81

And finally, why are people assuming wolverine will never strike anyone with his claws? (it seems those are the same people who seem to believe spiderman can shoot webbing with the accuracy of bullseye). If he slashes someone, say bye bye to that guy. Spidey once said something like "I miss about as much as the pope has girlfriends". Spidey's a very good shot w/the webbing. Me, I think Bats & Wolvie are plenty tough. However, I think the most serious threat is BP. W/his vibranium suit, he might be able to take a Spidey or Cage punch and still fight. Batman, wont though. They simply brake his face. If Cap hits Bats in the face w/the shield, it's a wrap. & BPs a vicious fighter and tactician as well. I don't think Cap can beat him.

If Wrecker or whoever was able to catch Wolvies arm Cage can do it to. He'd be better off trying that while Wolvie's distracted because Wolvie can cut through him. Cage or Spidey don't need to grap him though, a good punch should send wolvie away. Isn't he like 300lbs?

SpunkySmurph
Spidey once said something like "I miss about as much as the pope has girlfriends". Spidey's a very good shot w/the webbing. Me, I think Bats & Wolvie are plenty tough. However, I think the most serious threat is BP. W/his vibranium suit, he might be able to take a Spidey or Cage punch and still fight. Batman, wont though. They simply brake his face. If Cap hits Bats in the face w/the shield, it's a wrap. & BPs a vicious fighter and tactician as well. I don't think Cap can beat him.

If Wrecker or whoever was able to catch Wolvies arm Cage can do it to. He'd be better off trying that while Wolvie's distracted because Wolvie can cut through him. Cage or Spidey don't need to grap him though, a good punch should send wolvie away. Isn't he like 300lbs?

Spidey may be a good shot, but unless he's up close, he won't be hitting Wolverine. No disrespect to the Spiderman, but none to Wolverine either.

You're right, BP could beat, or stand a damn good chance against all of the guys on Team 1, though I'd give Spiderman the EVENTUAL edge.

Don't believe Batman's just going to stand around and get his face smashed in. He's gone up against plenty of opponents who could tear him a new a**hole. And guess what? He still only has one smile He could AT LEAST hold his own against Cap, and all of his gadgets would give him the edge. He could distrect or choke him with gas, well tossing some explosives and flashbangs. Or any other use of his many gadgets.

And when you say "If Wrecker or whoever", it clearly demonstrates you know nothing about the character and shouldn't be arguing for or against him, if you don't even know the name, and yet automatically assume Cage is as fast or faster. That's like saying "Well, if Superman or whoever can melt things by looking at them, then Wolverine can too". I'm not saying Cage is faster or slower, but at least bother to know the name of whoever you're talking about.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by marvelprince
Team 1 still wins. Cap's leadership along with Spider-Man blitzing everyone can win this. Hell I can see this fight won by Cap flinging his shield and telling Peter to bounce around.

No way. Wolverine is fast, but not fast enough to avoid a Spider-Man that wants to tag him. And Wolverine is not meleeing anyone on team 1. If you say Wolverine is fast enough to do then I say Spider-man is fast enough to already have done it

You're forgetting a couple things. First off, I never said they would win. I said they could hold their own until their other team members arrive.

Secondly, Wolverine is a much much much smarter fighter then Spiderman. It often doesn't seem like it, because writers make it seem like all he does is stab something, smoke a cigar and say 'bub'. But, the fact is, he is a very talented, skilled, smart and expierienced fighter. And if he's not going to get tagged by Spiderman, then, SM probably eventually could, but it would take him some serious work. Don't presume that it's going to be so simple for the web-slinger

jrodslam
Secondly, Wolverine is a much much much smarter fighter then Spiderman.

Are you serious?What the f**k?

Wolverine is in no way a smarter fighter than Spiderman. Spiderman is one of the smartest fighters/combatants in the MU.

masterbruce
Wolverine faces much tougher foes on a regular basis than spiderman. He doesn't have clowns as enemies (ie Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, etc)

Metalmanx
You're forgetting a couple things. First off, I never said they would win. I said they could hold their own until their other team members arrive.

Secondly, Wolverine is a much much much smarter fighter then Spiderman. It often doesn't seem like it, because writers make it seem like all he does is stab something, smoke a cigar and say 'bub'. But, the fact is, he is a very talented, skilled, smart and expierienced fighter. And if he's not going to get tagged by Spiderman, then, SM probably eventually could, but it would take him some serious work. Don't presume that it's going to be so simple for the web-slinger

...But it would. no expression

Tha C-Master
Wolverine faces much tougher foes on a regular basis than spiderman. He doesn't have clowns as enemies (ie Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, etc) Quite a few of Spiderman's villans would own Wolverine.

No matter how much you whine about Spiderman being a loser, it still doesn't change the fact he brings more to the table than some claws and healing.

Tshern
Quite a few of Spiderman's villans would own Wolverine.

No matter how much you whine about Spiderman being a loser, it still doesn't change the fact he brings more to the table than some claws and healing.
Also Wolverine brings something else to the table. Fighting skills, speed, incredible stamina and so forth. Wolverine could in my opinion beat every member of Team 1 apart from Spider-man. He has got what it takes to do it.

And Spider-man is not one-shotting Batman out. You think Batman just stands there looking stupid? He can dodge AND his team mates can help him. Black Panther could definitely keep Spidey from killing Bruce with all the gadgetry he has.

Tha C-Master
Also Wolverine brings something else to the table. Fighting skills, speed, incredible stamina and so forth. Wolverine could in my opinion beat every member of Team 1 apart from Spider-man. He has got what it takes to do it. Spiderman brings more speed, strength, agility, long distance attack, precognitive sense, better travel, and the ability to remain out of his reach. Wolverine is a damage soaker.

And Spider-man is not one-shotting Batman out. You think Batman just stands there looking stupid? He can dodge AND his team mates can help him. Black Panther could definitely keep Spidey from killing Bruce with all the gadgetry he has. Wasn't really my argument, but Spiderman has the strength within him to do so. The other members could help Spiderman all of the same. Spiderman is much faster than Spiderman so he won't be dodging him for a long time. I don't know why I was addressed with something I never said though.

Alfheim
Its thread like this that make me reconisider Cap vs Spidey. Its different when you're debating for a character that you like. Im just not having Wolverine beating Spiderman at all.

Tshern
Spiderman brings more speed, strength, agility, long distance attack, precognitive sense, better travel, and the ability to remain out of his reach. Wolverine is a damage soaker.

Wasn't really my argument, but Spiderman has the strength within him to do so. The other members could help Spiderman all of the same. Spiderman is much faster than Spiderman so he won't be dodging him for a long time. I don't know why I was addressed with something I never said though.

The first one: He sure does bring of those things than Wolverine, I don't even bother arguing anything else, I still have some common sense left. I just wanted to point out that Wolverine has more strength than Cap & DD and is faster than DD, Cap & Luke Cage and so forth. Spider-man is the undisputed king of these areas in this match. Agreed?

The second one: Yeah, I wasn't too clear there, huh? That comment was not pointed to you, but to Metalmanx. Anyways, I still disagree, Batman has dodged Superman's punches and those are probably faster than Spidey's. Batman is not going to stand there and get punched if Team 2 manages to enforce their way of fighting. I posted on page 4 that the outcome depends almost completely on one thing: Who can enforce their tactics? I don't have the answer, but I made quite a nice post of the advantages and disadvantages on page 4. If you're interested, please check it out.

To make it clear, I'm not saying Team 2 wins the majority. Neither am I saying Team 1 does it. There are just too many variables for me to decide anything conclusively, but I don't think there is a clear winner in the battle.

Tha C-Master
The first one: He sure does bring of those things than Wolverine, I don't even bother arguing anything else, I still have some common sense left. I just wanted to point out that Wolverine has more strength than Cap & DD and is faster than DD, Cap & Luke Cage and so forth. Spider-man is the undisputed king of these areas in this match. Agreed?

The second one: Yeah, I wasn't too clear there, huh? That comment was not pointed to you, but to Metalmanx. Anyways, I still disagree, Batman has dodged Superman's punches and those are probably faster than Spidey's. Batman is not going to stand there and get punched if Team 2 manages to enforce their way of fighting. I posted on page 4 that the outcome depends almost completely on one thing: Who can enforce their tactics? I don't have the answer, but I made quite a nice post of the advantages and disadvantages on page 4. If you're interested, please check it out.

To make it clear, I'm not saying Team 2 wins the majority. Neither am I saying Team 1 does it. There are just too many variables for me to decide anything conclusively, but I don't think there is a clear winner in the battle. Batman dodging Superman's punches is nothing but PIS as I'm sure you know correct?

Tshern
Batman dodging Superman's punches is nothing but PIS as I'm sure you know correct?
PIS and/or Supes holding back a lot. Batman knows that Supes won't kill him, so it's easy for him to toy with him. Anyways, it's a bloodlusted Spidey here and he'll be a lot more dangerous than a Superman who is hardly fighting at all. But Batman has quite a few speedfeats as well, he dodges bullets and I believe he could dodge one or two punches, but there's no way he could do it for long. Spider-man will take Bruce down if no-one is there to give Bats a hand. Can you live with this, C-Master?

Tha C-Master
PIS and/or Supes holding back a lot. Batman knows that Supes won't kill him, so it's easy for him to toy with him. Anyways, it's a bloodlusted Spidey here and he'll be a lot more dangerous than a Superman who is hardly fighting at all. But Batman has quite a few speedfeats as well, he dodges bullets and I believe he could dodge one or two punches, but there's no way he could do it for long. Spider-man will take Bruce down if no-one is there to give Bats a hand. Can you live with this, C-Master? Remember it isn't really dodging bullets, but dodging the gunman or the gunman missing. Spiderman should barely be able to do it once the bullet leaves the chamber.

And yes I can live with that. yes

Tshern
Remember it isn't really dodging bullets, but dodging the gunman or the gunman missing. Spiderman should barely be able to do it once the bullet leaves the chamber.

And yes I can live with that. yes
And we both know how damn good shooters generic thugs are in comics. They suck almost as much as faceless ninjas of the Hand, lol.

Tha C-Master
And we both know how damn good shooters generic thugs are in comics. They suck almost as much as faceless ninjas of the Hand, lol. Those jobberers... stick out tongue

Metalmanx
PIS and/or Supes holding back a lot. Batman knows that Supes won't kill him, so it's easy for him to toy with him. Anyways, it's a bloodlusted Spidey here and he'll be a lot more dangerous than a Superman who is hardly fighting at all. But Batman has quite a few speedfeats as well, he dodges bullets and I believe he could dodge one or two punches, but there's no way he could do it for long. Spider-man will take Bruce down if no-one is there to give Bats a hand. Can you live with this, C-Master?

The thing is, given both Spider-Man's and Batman's speed...it really won't be a challenge at all for Spidey to tag him. Superman holds back A HELL OF A LOT when fighting Batman. Otherwise, he would have him dead in a split second. A Spider-Man not holding back? Bruce doesn't stand a chance. I respect Batman and all, but I don't see him dodging even one punch from a Spider-Man that wants to hit him (precognitive sense, faster reflexes and all that).

And no, Black Panther can't really stall Spidey all that much. BP is hardcore and all, but Spidey is his superior. Some well-placed webbing can easily put BP out of comission.

Tshern
The thing is, given both Spider-Man's and Batman's speed...it really won't be a challenge at all for Spidey to tag him. Superman holds back A HELL OF A LOT when fighting Batman. Otherwise, he would have him dead in a split second. A Spider-Man not holding back? Bruce doesn't stand a chance. I respect Batman and all, but I don't see him dodging even one punch from a Spider-Man that wants to hit him (precognitive sense, faster reflexes and all that).

And no, Black Panther can't really stall Spidey all that much. BP is hardcore and all, but Spidey is his superior. Some well-placed webbing can easily put BP out of comission.

I can see you point, but I disagree. Batman is a lot slower than Spider-man, there is no arguing about that, but I think he can dodge a shot or two, although not longer. Spidersense is not helping (correct me if I'm wrong) Spidey by telling him were Batman dodges, it counters Bat's offensive maneuevers (which are non-existent in Bat vs Spidey fight). I guess we have to agree that we disagree. Fine with that?

I think Black Panther can hold his own until someone defeats his foe and assists BP. Vibranium armor, enhanced speed, reflexes, senses, fighting skills and gadgetry are enough to keep Spidey at bay for a while. But it seems we're not agreeing on this either, so there's no need to post more explanations, we both understand our points, don't we?

Alfheim

Isn't BP superhuman now?

Metalmanx
I can see you point, but I disagree. Batman is a lot slower than Spider-man, there is no arguing about that, but I think he can dodge a shot or two, although not longer. Spidersense is not helping (correct me if I'm wrong) Spidey by telling him were Batman dodges, it counters Bat's offensive maneuevers (which are non-existent in Bat vs Spidey fight). I guess we have to agree that we disagree. Fine with that?

I think Black Panther can hold his own until someone defeats his foe and assists BP. Vibranium armor, enhanced speed, reflexes, senses, fighting skills and gadgetry are enough to keep Spidey at bay for a while. But it seems we're not agreeing on this either, so there's no need to post more explanations, we both understand our points, don't we?

Actually the Spider-sense works on the offensive, too, as it's done for him on numerous occassions. It basically tells him where to strike when he's facing a quick opponent. That's why I don't see Batman being able to dodge a punch. Spidey throws a punch, Batman attempts to dodge, but Spidey had already recalibrated his punch to the direction where Batman will be, landing his punch.

Don't get me wrong. I love BP. I think he takes the majority over Cap and Wolverine. But Spidey is just leagues ahead of him. Yes, the Vibranium armor and his other abilities keep him in the game, but a non-holding back Spidey still embarasses him. BP doesn't have the strength to break the webs. He can cut them, yes, but not if he's webbed in an unfortunate manner in which he can't reach the webs with his claws, which we know Spider-Man can do.

I hope you don't think I'm angrily arguing with you or anything. I'm just really enjoying this civil, well-thought out debate. smile

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Alfheim
Isn't BP superhuman now?

No, but he's enhanced. He's basically on par with all of Wolverine's and Cap's abilities, save for regenerative capabilities.

Alfheim
No, but he's enhanced. He's basically on par with all of Wolverine's and Cap's abilities, save for regenerative capabilities.

Ok im not arguing with you but marvel.com says he has superhuman attributes. Obvoulsy you said he was enhanced for a reason. This seems to be another case pf Marvel not being consistent. It seems now that enhanced can equal superhuman and peak human.

I'll think I'll check the BP respect thread.

Tha C-Master
It's usually somewhere in between. smile

Alfheim
It's usually somewhere in between. smile

Yeah thats true. I guess when they wrote his bio they were not really thinking. Enhanced is superhuman when you think about, but sometimes they put these terms into ranks.

BP one-shoted karnak......PIS. eek!

P.S. Im glad they upgraded BP, before I think he was a bit of a p****

masterbruce
ya know, just cuz you're stronger and faster don't necessarily mean you're the better fighter in a battle. Other factors come into play as well, mental abilities, experience, stamina, trickery (all of which Batman and Wolverine have in abundance)

Metalmanx
ya know, just cuz you're stronger and faster don't necessarily mean you're the better fighter in a battle. Other factors come into play as well, mental abilities, experience, stamina, trickery (all of which Batman and Wolverine have in abundance)

I never said it did, did I?

Spider-Man has been doing his thing for a looooong time now. He's quite the intelligent fighter. While Wolverine and Batman are better martial artists, Spider-Man is the better all-around fighter.

You want other factors? Spider-Man has in addition to his superhuman strength and superhuman speed:

-Superhuman endurance
-Superhuman reflexes
-Superhuman equilibrium
-Superhuman precog abilities
-Superhuman agility
-Tons and tons and tons of experience
-Is HIGHLY intelligent (both in book smarts and in street smarts)
-Is one of the most resourceful heroes in the Marvel Universe (if not THE most)
-One of the fastest thinkers/quickest on his feet
-Trickery? Spidey does that all the time to foes he can't beat the old-fashioned way.

brainchild81
And Spider-man is not one-shotting Batman out. You think Batman just stands there looking stupid? He can dodge AND his team mates can help him. Maybe his teammates can help him, but he ain't dodging a Spidey w/the killing intent(Shoosh!) without serious PIS. Spidey's faster than you think. DD's a better dodger than Bats because of his senses and speed & agility. See that speed? Batman won't have time to dodge or pull out a gadget & Spidey wasn't even going all out. If he was DD would be @least a head shorter.Originally posted by Metalmanx
You want other factors? Spider-Man has in addition to his superhuman strength and superhuman speed:

-Trickery? Spidey does that all the time to foes he can't beat the old-fashioned way. Ditto. These are often forgotten when talking about Spidey. Dude's one of the best improvisers ever

brainchild81
And when you say "If Wrecker or whoever", it clearly demonstrates you know nothing about the character and shouldn't be arguing for or against him, if you don't even know the name, and yet automatically assume Cage is as fast or faster. That's like saying "Well, if Superman or whoever can melt things by looking at them, then Wolverine can too". I'm not saying Cage is faster or slower, but at least bother to know the name of whoever you're talking about. Nah it's not like saying anything. Maybe I shouldn't have said "or whatever", but the point still stands. Wrecker didn't have superspeed if I remember right and he's never seemed all that skillful. Cage on the other hand hangs w/Iron Fist and is a damn good scrapper.

python99
Quite a few of Spiderman's villans would own Wolverine.

Hands down Spiderman does bring more to the table.

python99
And Spider-man is not one-shotting Batman out. You think Batman just stands there looking stupid? He can dodge AND his team mates can help him. Black Panther could definitely keep Spidey from killing Bruce with all the gadgetry he has.

python99
Also Wolverine brings something else to the table. Fighting skills, speed, incredible stamina and so forth. Wolverine could in my opinion beat every member of Team 1 apart from Spider-man. He has got what it takes to do it.

Black Panther would be too distracted by Spidermans webs even though Spiderman is fighting Wolverine at the same time. Spidermans speed will allow him to aid his team while fighting to help his team gain the upper hand. Spiderman has a better awareness of what is going on all around him. Gotta love that Spider sense

Soljer
I never said it did, did I?

Spider-Man has been doing his thing for a looooong time now. He's quite the intelligent fighter. While Wolverine and Batman are better martial artists, Spider-Man is the better all-around fighter.

-Superhuman endurance
-Superhuman reflexes
-Superhuman equilibrium
-Superhuman precog abilities
-Superhuman agility
-Trickery? Spidey does that all the time to foes he can't beat the old-fashioned way.

You missed Durability.

python99
You missed Durability.

I dont know how much times we have said this but with all of Spiderman abillities combined along with the fact that he is on his game makes him accomplish feats that some heroes could only dream about. This puts him on another level. Spiderman has great fighting awarness he see what others dont see, he uses what around him to keep the game in his favor, so having Spiderman on any team is a bonus especially when he can fight an opponent and help distract another at the same time, it keep the odds in his teams favor

jrodslam
I just wanted to point out that Wolverine has more strength than Cap & DD and is faster than DD, Cap & Luke Cage and so forth.

Does he? Is he? I dont think its been established if Wolvie is stronger than DD and Cap. Secondly, i dont think hes faster than DD and Cap either. Moreso DD.

riceroost
Quite a few of Spiderman's villans would own Wolverine. Not really. Just look at Morlun, one of the toughest guys Spidey's ever faced. A lot like the Gorgon, only problem is he's not telepathic and he wont heal from getting his head cut off. The likes of Goblin, Rhino, Shocker, Lizard, and Doc Ock aren't going to do anything to Wolverine.
No matter how much you whine about Spiderman being a loser, it still doesn't change the fact he brings more to the table than some claws and healing. And once again another person claims all Wolverine has is claws and a healing factor. Wrong. Although with the claws and the healing factor alone he could still beat Spider-Man.
No, but he's enhanced. He's basically on par with all of Wolverine's and Cap's abilities, save for regenerative capabilities. Panther is not as strong as Cap, therefor he is not stronger than Wolverine.
Originally posted by python99
Black Panther would be too distracted by Spidermans webs even though Spiderman is fighting Wolverine at the same time. Spidermans speed will allow him to aid his team while fighting to help his team gain the upper hand. Spiderman has a better awareness of what is going on all around him. Gotta love that Spider sense If Spider-Man starts webbing up other people while being engaged by Wolverine he will get killed. Spider-Man has difficulty avoiding Wolverine in a 1 on 1 fight as it is.
Originally posted by jrodslam
Does he? Is he? I dont think its been established if Wolvie is stronger than DD and Cap. Secondly, i dont think hes faster than DD and Cap either. Moreso DD. Well obviously he is both stronger and faster than DD. DD is a human physically. Wolverine is in his own words, "Way stronger n' faster than normal people." And considering Wolverine was a peak human before his Weapon X enhancements and all his feats are on par with those of Ultimate Captain America it's safe to say he's got Cap beat physically too. DD human, Wolverine not human. Common Sense.

jrodslam
Originally posted by riceroost
Well obviously he is both stronger and faster than DD. DD is a human physically. Wolverine is in his own words, "Way stronger n' faster than normal people." And considering Wolverine was a peak human before his Weapon X enhancements and all his feats are on par with those of Ultimate Captain America it's safe to say he's got Cap beat physically too. DD human, Wolverine not human. Common Sense.

Its obvious hes faster and stronger than DD because Wolvie stated that hes way faster and stronger than normal people? He does have some impressive feats of strength, but none that are done on a continuous basis that would put him above Cap or DD in strength. Possibly slightly in strength, but not enough to make much of a difference in a fight.

brainchild81
Does he? Is he? I dont think its been established if Wolvie is stronger than DD and Cap. Secondly, i dont think hes faster than DD and Cap either. Moreso DD. I'd say moreso Cap because of the SSS. DDs senses allow him to start moving out of the way of stuff 1st though. He's got a head start over everybody but Spidey. DD's capable of smashing Wolvies windpipe over & over, nutshots will hurt too. Punisher got him in the junk & so did puckOriginally posted by King_Mungi
Puck's awesome, it doesn't matter who it is if need be....he will punch you in the balls smile

Wolverine:
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/w_179_014.jpg
2. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/w_179_015.jpg

jamesbob
off topic here. can anyone gimme a link to this spidy vs. wolvie thread? kinda new here and would like to read this thousand page thread you speak of.

thanks

oh and all that done with a little sarcasm on the top smile

python99
Wolverine has a hard enough time sneaking up on Spiderman like the time Spidey took on the X-Men and swated Wolvie like a fly when he tried to sneak up on him. Like I stated before when Spidey is on his game, he is on his game, so fighting a guy like Wovlerine and dishing out some webbing at the same time for some aid for his team should'nt be that much of a problem considering spidey usually fights from a distance and anylizes the situation before jumping into combat thus making him also a smarter fighter than Wolverine.

brainchild81
Not really. Just look at Morlun, one of the toughest guys Spidey's ever faced. A lot like the Gorgon, only problem is he's not telepathic and he wont heal from getting his head cut off. The likes of Goblin, Rhino, Shocker, Lizard, and Doc Ock aren't going to do anything to Wolverine. & now you're just talking crazy Goblin & Ock would murder Wolvie. Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Here is an convincing argument:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2060/wvsock7wy.gif

Simple enough to you? Ock can just rip Wolvies ingots out repeatedly. Using 2 arms to hold Wolvies arms useless. F**k that, after he gets him cought. He can just wrap 1 tentacle to hold both Wolvie's arms. Then he can pull Wolvie's nuts off and he can't do shit 'bout it sad GG blows his meat off w/a bunch of pumpkin bombs(not easy to dodge explosions), flys him to the nearest lake or fountain(or a good puddle) and patiently drowns him

batdude123
blows his meat

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!! HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! eek!

brainchild81
laughing You fawking sneaky bastich!

batdude123
laughing You fawking sneaky bastich!

cool

python99
[

are you saying Doc Ock cant do anything to wolverine?
Are you considering that Ock comes at you from all angles?
Spiderman does not dodge Ocks attacks all the time and he is faster more agile and has a spider sense. So knowing that Wolverine is not as quick as agile as Spiderman or having a spider sense where do you see Wolverine in a best of 10 against Ock? Honestly?

marvelprince
Not really. Just look at Morlun, one of the toughest guys Spidey's ever faced. A lot like the Gorgon, only problem is he's not telepathic and he wont heal from getting his head cut off. The likes of Goblin, Rhino, Shocker, Lizard, and Doc Ock aren't going to do anything to Wolverine.

It seems like your insinuating that Wolverine beat Gorgon. Gorgon was killing Wolverine, Logan couldn't even slow the guy down. All he did was pop his claws to win. Not a showing I'd use for Wolverine personally. Apparently you don't know how dangerous SM's villians are. I seem to recall at least one other SM villian giving Wolverine trouble. Venom anyone?

And once again another person claims all Wolverine has is claws and a healing factor. Wrong. Although with the claws and the healing factor alone he could still beat Spider-Man.

Haha. And here is where I know all is lost.

Panther is not as strong as Cap, therefor he is not stronger than Wolverine..

Which requires you to assume that Wolverine is stronger than Captain America

If Spider-Man starts webbing up other people while being engaged by Wolverine he will get killed. Spider-Man has difficulty avoiding Wolverine in a 1 on 1 fight as it is..

No he won't. He has swatted Wolverine like he was nothing before while going on to take down the rest of the X-men. The only times I can recall Wolverine getting any sort of edge over Spider-Man is when Spider-Man was not expecting it. Fortunately here not only is he expecting it, he's not holding back

Well obviously he is both stronger and faster than DD. DD is a human physically. Wolverine is in his own words, "Way stronger n' faster than normal people." And considering Wolverine was a peak human before his Weapon X enhancements and all his feats are on par with those of Ultimate Captain America it's safe to say he's got Cap beat physically too. DD human, Wolverine not human. Common Sense.

He's physically superior to Daredevil (doesn't mean he can tag him though). About Cap though, thats debatable

Daredevil09
Way to easy, Team 1 10/10

python99
Originally posted by Daredevil09
Way to easy, Team 1 10/10

I would have said a majority of the time but all 10 still works big grin

Tha C-Master
Not really. Just look at Morlun, one of the toughest guys Spidey's ever faced. A lot like the Gorgon, only problem is he's not telepathic and he wont heal from getting his head cut off. The likes of Goblin, Rhino, Shocker, Lizard, and Doc Ock aren't going to do anything to Wolverine. Carnage, Morlun, Venom, Toxin, Goblin, Ock, even the Lizard would give him a good fight.

And once again another person claims all Wolverine has is claws and a healing factor. Wrong. Although with the claws and the healing factor alone he could still beat Spider-Man. That's all he has on Parker. And martial experience. But I'm not even going there.

python99
THIS THREAD IS DONE TEAM 1 WINS

riceroost
Its obvious hes faster and stronger than DD because Wolvie stated that hes way faster and stronger than normal people? He does have some impressive feats of strength, but none that are done on a continuous basis that would put him above Cap or DD in strength. Possibly slightly in strength, but not enough to make much of a difference in a fight. Wolverine constantly shows strength far beyond DD and many times beyond Cap. Ive never seen DD:

use a tree as a baseball bat.
Use colossus as a bludgeoning weapon against Juggernaut.
shatter steel shackles on multiple occassions.
hold up an elevator.
throw a full dumster 1 handed.
throw black cat 1 handed hard enough to KO human torch and topple a water tower.
throw black cat 1 handed high enough to hit a helicopter from the water.
punch Rogue through a brick wall.
KO Roughouse with punches.
grapple evenly with a young warpath.
Kick open a bank vault.
pick up 7 men with 1 hand and throw them all through a wall.
Throw a great white into a boat from the water.

ETC...

Plus there is the fact that in the latest strength rankings
DD: 2 (I think)
Cap: 3
Wolverine: 4
i dont think hes faster than DD and Cap either. Moreso DD. The day Cap or Wolverine move faster than people can see they are even with Wolvy. Until then, they are slower. DD is obviously the slowest because he is HUMAN. He runs as fast as a 180-225 pound humna can move. Cap moves as fast as any human period. Wolverine way faster than anything human.
Wolverine has a hard enough time sneaking up on Spiderman Uh yeah, cause of precog, Der.
like the time Spidey took on the X-Men and swated Wolvie like a fly when he tried to sneak up on him. Yeah, because that was believable. This from the same comic that has Wasp beat down on all the X-Men. Wolverine has since then swatted an attacking Parker in a very similar manner in Marvel Comics Presents.
Like I stated before when Spidey is on his game, he is on his game, so fighting a guy like Wovlerine and dishing out some webbing at the same time for some aid for his team should'nt be that much of a problemAnd when Wolverine is on his game he can constantly pressure Spider-Man to the point where even when Peter is completely focused on Wolverine he still gets hit. Not completely focused he will get hit faster and the damage will be more significant.
spidey usually fights from a distance and anylizes the situation before jumping into combat thus making him also a smarter fighter than Wolverine. Spider-Man, a more intelligent fighter than Wolverine? Bull Shit. Wolverine is trained, by everyone in combat. Spidey has had some tai chi lessons from Cap, which he sucked at. Spidey's entire fight plan revolves around running away from the attack.
& now you're just talking crazy Goblin & Ock would murder Wolvie. Bull and Shit.
Goblin's only tool is flight. And we all know Wolverine has never beaten a flyer before. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Dock Ock is a poor man's Omega Red. Wolverine stalemated Omega Red for 18 hours of hand to hand combat. Ock's arms are also not carbonadium or adamantium any more. Wolverine would tear them to SHREDS.
are you saying Doc Ock cant do anything to wolverine?
I'm saying Wolverine would KILL Doc Ock. Poor Man's Omege Red.
Are you considering that Ock comes at you from all angles?Are you considering Wolverine has dodged 100 laser blasts all from different directions? Are you considering Doc needs to anchor himself with at least 1 tentacle to achieve full strength and speed attacks with the tentacles? Are you considering that unlike Spider-Man Wolverine can destroy those tentacles like you swat at flies?
Spiderman does not dodge Ocks attacks all the time.Wolverine wont have to dodge all of Ock's attacks. He can take 1000% more damage than Spider-Man. Wolverine can also simply slash the incoming tentacles. Uh oh, down to 3 arms. Slash again. Uh oh, only 2. Oh look, it's Omega Red, but without the super strength, indestructible arms, massive durability, unbreakable armor, healing factor, of death spores. Doc is meat.
So knowing that Wolverine is not as quick as agile as Spiderman or having a spider sense where do you see Wolverine in a best of 10 against Ock? Honestly? Wolverine's speed is arguably better than Spider-Man's in some instances. Spidey's agility is much better, but Wolverine's senses act much like Spider-Man's do on many occassions where Wolverine is not facing an oncoming attack.(Morlock Massacre/Living Lightning)

Doc would have a very hard time hurting Wolverine compared to Spidey and Wolverine can disarm Doc's weapons EASILY. Honestly, how well does Doc do against Spidey a majority of the time?
It seems like your insinuating that Wolverine beat Gorgon.It seems like you cant read what I write. I never said Wolverine could beat Gorgon. I personally think Gorgon takes a good 8/10 from Wolverine. Wolverine did however take a lot of damage from Gorgon, but cut the hell out of Gorgon in the process. He'd take Morlun's beating, but Morlun wont weather Wolverine's counter attacks like Gorgon could. Morlun was laid low by a wrist stabbing and face biting. He was not anywhere near as tough as the Gorgon.
I seem to recall at least one other SM villian giving Wolverine trouble. Venom anyone?.I could be wrong, but I do believe Wolverine has stalemated Venom every time he's fought him, so I dont see your point. To my knowledge the only Venom that could take Wolverine was the symbiot itself, devoid of a host. And it didn't beat him, it only absorbed him.
Which requires you to assume that Wolverine is stronger than Captain America?And according to the Marvel Encyclapedias Wolverine is stronger than Cap. A 4 to Cap's 3. Wolverine also has better feats.
No he won't. He has swatted Wolverine like he was nothing before while going on to take down the rest of the X-men. The only times I can recall Wolverine getting any sort of edge over Spider-Man is when Spider-Man was not expecting it.? Oh, wow 1 example. Wolverine wasn't even hurt anyway. Spidey ran away. I have several examples of Wolverine 1-shotting Spider-Man to tip the scales. Marvel Knights Spider-Man, Spider-Man Perceptions, Ennis Punisher, Marvel Comics Presents. Obviously Wolverine can get Spidey
He's physically superior to Daredevil (doesn't mean he can tag him though Are you trying to insinuate that Wolverine can't tag DD? Even though Wolverine has tagged Daredevil what? 3 times? Even though he's tagged Spider-Man 5 times? Rediculous.
Carnage, Morlun, Venom, Toxin, Goblin, Ock, even the Lizard would give him a good fight.
Carnage: Yes
Morlun: No.
Venom: Stalemate, as it has already happened.
Toxin: yes
Goblin: Hell no.
Ock: Hell no.
Lizard: HA!! Hell no.
That's all he has on Parker. And martial experience. But I'm not even going there. And MASSIVE durability. Arguably attack speed. And higher damage cababilities.

Scoobless

versus

Team 1 FTW

smile

masterbruce
excellent post, riceroost. Let's see if those spidey fanboys can counter your great points now.

jrodslam
Wolverine constantly shows strength far beyond DD and many times beyond Cap. Ive never seen DD:

hold up an elevator.
throw black cat 1 handed hard enough to KO human torch and topple a water tower.
Kick open a bank vault.

Possibly slightly in strength, but not enough to make much of a difference in a fight.

And we all know how accurate Marvel ratings are.erm

The day Cap or Wolverine move faster than people can see they are even with Wolvy. Until then, they are slower. DD is obviously the slowest because he is HUMAN. He runs as fast as a 180-225 pound humna can move. Cap moves as fast as any human period. Wolverine way faster than anything human.

Daredevil moves faster than people can see all the time. The mans a ninja. Hell, even against Wolvie, hes taken him down with one swift move before Wolvie can react. On another occasion, Wolvie even commented to himself on Daredevils speed.

Wolverine stalemated Omega Red for 18 hours of hand to hand combat.

Actually, Red "dominated" him for almost 18 hours and beat him in the end.

Tshern
Actually the Spider-sense works on the offensive, too, as it's done for him on numerous occassions. It basically tells him where to strike when he's facing a quick opponent. That's why I don't see Batman being able to dodge a punch. Spidey throws a punch, Batman attempts to dodge, but Spidey had already recalibrated his punch to the direction where Batman will be, landing his punch.

I hope you don't think I'm angrily arguing with you or anything. I'm just really enjoying this civil, well-thought out debate. smile

I've just missed those issues then. Not I that I disagreed or anything, I haven't read even half of the issues he has starred in. Sounds funny and cool, but I still think Batman can dodge him as he has dodged many superhumans.

And I know you're not being angry, I've always considered you a smart fellow.

Tha C-Master
Wolverine constantly shows strength far beyond DD and many times beyond Cap. Ive never seen DD:

hold up an elevator.
Kick open a bank vault.

ETC...

The day Cap or Wolverine move faster than people can see they are even with Wolvy. Until then, they are slower. DD is obviously the slowest because he is HUMAN. He runs as fast as a 180-225 pound humna can move. Cap moves as fast as any human period. Wolverine way faster than anything human.
Uh yeah, cause of precog, Der.
Yeah, because that was believable. This from the same comic that has Wasp beat down on all the X-Men. Wolverine has since then swatted an attacking Parker in a very similar manner in Marvel Comics Presents.
And when Wolverine is on his game he can constantly pressure Spider-Man to the point where even when Peter is completely focused on Wolverine he still gets hit. Not completely focused he will get hit faster and the damage will be more significant.
Spider-Man, a more intelligent fighter than Wolverine? Bull Shit. Wolverine is trained, by everyone in combat. Spidey has had some tai chi lessons from Cap, which he sucked at. Spidey's entire fight plan revolves around running away from the attack.
Bull and Shit.
Goblin's only tool is flight. And we all know Wolverine has never beaten a flyer before. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Dock Ock is a poor man's Omega Red. Wolverine stalemated Omega Red for 18 hours of hand to hand combat. Ock's arms are also not carbonadium or adamantium any more. Wolverine would tear them to SHREDS.

I'm saying Wolverine would KILL Doc Ock. Poor Man's Omege Red.
Are you considering Wolverine has dodged 100 laser blasts all from different directions? Are you considering Doc needs to anchor himself with at least 1 tentacle to achieve full strength and speed attacks with the tentacles? Are you considering that unlike Spider-Man Wolverine can destroy those tentacles like you swat at flies?
Wolverine wont have to dodge all of Ock's attacks. He can take 1000% more damage than Spider-Man. Wolverine can also simply slash the incoming tentacles. Uh oh, down to 3 arms. Slash again. Uh oh, only 2. Oh look, it's Omega Red, but without the super strength, indestructible arms, massive durability, unbreakable armor, healing factor, of death spores. Doc is meat.
Wolverine's speed is arguably better than Spider-Man's in some instances. Spidey's agility is much better, but Wolverine's senses act much like Spider-Man's do on many occassions where Wolverine is not facing an oncoming attack.(Morlock Massacre/Living Lightning)

Doc would have a very hard time hurting Wolverine compared to Spidey and Wolverine can disarm Doc's weapons EASILY. Honestly, how well does Doc do against Spidey a majority of the time?
It seems like you cant read what I write. I never said Wolverine could beat Gorgon. I personally think Gorgon takes a good 8/10 from Wolverine. Wolverine did however take a lot of damage from Gorgon, but cut the hell out of Gorgon in the process. He'd take Morlun's beating, but Morlun wont weather Wolverine's counter attacks like Gorgon could. Morlun was laid low by a wrist stabbing and face biting. He was not anywhere near as tough as the Gorgon.
I could be wrong, but I do believe Wolverine has stalemated Venom every time he's fought him, so I dont see your point. To my knowledge the only Venom that could take Wolverine was the symbiot itself, devoid of a host. And it didn't beat him, it only absorbed him.
And according to the Marvel Encyclapedias Wolverine is stronger than Cap. A 4 to Cap's 3. Wolverine also has better feats.
Oh, wow 1 example. Wolverine wasn't even hurt anyway. Spidey ran away. I have several examples of Wolverine 1-shotting Spider-Man to tip the scales. Marvel Knights Spider-Man, Spider-Man Perceptions, Ennis Punisher, Marvel Comics Presents. Obviously Wolverine can get Spidey
Are you trying to insinuate that Wolverine can't tag DD? Even though Wolverine has tagged Daredevil what? 3 times? Even though he's tagged Spider-Man 5 times? Rediculous.

Carnage: Yes
Morlun: No.
Venom: Stalemate, as it has already happened.
Toxin: yes
Goblin: Hell no.
Ock: Hell no.
Lizard: HA!! Hell no.
And MASSIVE durability. Arguably attack speed. And higher damage cababilities. Doc Ock has AI in his tentacles and a shield, he wins.

Morlun wins, Venom wins, despite "what's happened" people like to use the showings that help their argument. Venom in his good showings mows over Wolverine, he dumps a truck on him and calls it a day. This isn't a crossover battle.

Goblin won't get hit by Wolverine, but can put him to sleep.

Lizard gives him a fight, that's what I said.

Wolverine doesn't have faster attack speed than Spiderman. And with bloodlust on, Spiderman could kill far more "normal" people than Wolverine, using his abilities and the environment around him.

Soljer
Wolverine isn't faster than Spiderman in ANY way, shape, or form. Ever. I'm sorry, but there is NO evidence to that fact. Wolverine could NEVER keep up with a non-jobbing Spiderman. Lizard could fight him for a good while, I dunno who'd come out on top, though. The Goblin could win through subterfuge, Morlun just obliterates Wolvie, Doc could use his tentacles to rip every major organ out of Wolverine's body a bit faster than Wolverine could start chopping off arms.

And putting Venom against Wolverine is just friggin Spite considering how much Venom would rape him.

Metalmanx
You missed Durability.

Damn. You're right, I can't believe I missed that one. Good looking out, Soljer.

python99
Yeah something that Wolverine does not have. Addvantage team Spidey

Big deal Wolverine Swatted Spidey away. Did he do it while fighting someone else? Nope.

Yes Spidey is a more intelligent fighter than Wolverine. Wolverine is a trained martial artist fine , we all know that, But yet he uses the same lunging attack all the time and leaves himself open to attack. Real smart wink

Again that same lunging attack leaves him open and gets caught in mid flight. So what Ock does not have carbonadium or adamantium so what. Correct me if I am wrong isnt Wolverine bone clawed? If I am not mistaken, actually I know I am not, but in Wolverine 126 when Sabretooth first got introduced with adamantium he snapped Wolverines claws like twigs, slashed his throught and tossed him over a bridge. Well I guess Ock is no match for a bone-clawed Wolverine. roll eyes (sarcastic) Ock owns Wolverine a majority of the time

This thread is about what team is better 1 or 2. Now say Wolverine and Spiderman are the leaders on either side. Spidey obviously bring more to the table to aid his team to victory. Wolverine is more worried about himself in combat he does not have long range attacks wich may be an advantage. Spidey on the other hand may temporarily web up an opposing member for his team to gain the upper hand. Whoever is webbed up proper it becomes a 4 on 3. His speed will allow him to do this more than a few times. Dont get me wrong Wolverines a great character but unless he can make short work of his opponent he really is no use to his team. What he brings to the table is only a benifit to him and him alone. He may have his healing but again advantage to him.
Wolverine will more than likely be the last survivor of his team, However; If Spideys team has the upperhand throughout the fight, this will be a handicap match were Wolverine is left to fend for himself in a possible 3 on 1 or 2 on 1 situation.
Team 1 wins end of story.

brainchild81
Wolverine isn't faster than Spiderman in ANY way, shape, or form. Ever. I'm sorry, but there is NO evidence to that fact. Wolverine could NEVER keep up with a non-jobbing Spiderman. Lizard could fight him for a good while, I dunno who'd come out on top, though. The Goblin could win through subterfuge, Morlun just obliterates Wolvie, Doc could use his tentacles to rip every major organ out of Wolverine's body a bit faster than Wolverine could start chopping off arms.

And putting Venom against Wolverine is just friggin Spite considering how much Venom would rape him. Ditto. Venom symbiote goes inside Wolvies body and scrambles his organs, while also keeping him from drawing breath

python99
End thread

python99
End thread

this is becoming another spiderman vs wolverine thread

carver9
To be honest theres noone on team 1 that have the powers to take down wolverine. Wolverine have fought everyone on team 1 and everyone of them that he fought have always shown signs of fear. Back on the third page of this battle site it showed someone putting up a picture that had spiderman webbing wolverine up, I own the comic and the entire time wolverine was trying to kill a kid that shot blast from his hand and spiderman showed fear against wolverine through that entire book and when wolverine started to attack the boy again spiderman webbed him up (while wolverine wasnt paying attention). I have seen all of the spiderman and wolverine fights and wolverine has owned spiderman in about all of them except their 1st fight but that wolverine is in no comparison to the wolverine now. wolverine have a major power upgrade since then. I have seen in marvel knights #13 where wolverine easily stabs spiderman in the chest. I have seen in a comic where wolverine was in a investigation to find a child and spiderman attacked wolverine, thinking that it was someone posing as the real wolverine and didnt land not one punch ending with wolverine having his claws at his throat (after he beat the breaks out of spiderman). Everytime spiderman and wolverine fought spiderman consider wolverine one of the fastest fighters he's ever faced. I have witnessed cap take spiderman down, elektra, kraven, so what makes wolverine no different, I think that he could take spiderman out easily because thats all it takes is one good cut from his claws and the fight is done.

I almost forgot, in the new avengers #6 someone wrote in saying that they dont want the new avenger writer to right spiderman as a weak hero compared to the others. The writer simply said besides spiderwomen, compared to the rest of the team, captain america, iron man, and wolverine, spiderman will look like the weakest. Spiderman is a great character but he just dont have the strength to take out wolverine, a guy that trains everyday of his life to better himself. A guy that is stated to know every martial art on the planet. A guy that took a punch from the hulk, juggernaut, apocalypse, venom, rogue, colossus, wendigo, took a nuke to the chest, to punches from roughhouse (75 tonner), etc...... and jumped right back up like nothing happened. I cant see nothing that spiderman could do to him that would stop him but avoid his ferocity and pray that someone help him.

python99
Originally posted by carver9
To be honest theres noone on team 1 that have the powers to take down wolverine. Wolverine have fought everyone on team 1 and everyone of them that he fought have always shown signs of fear. Back on the third page of this battle site it showed someone putting up a picture that had spiderman webbing wolverine up, I own the comic and the entire time wolverine was trying to kill a kid that shot blast from his hand and spiderman showed fear against wolverine through that entire book and when wolverine started to attack the boy again spiderman webbed him up (while wolverine wasnt paying attention). I have seen all of the spiderman and wolverine fights and wolverine has owned spiderman in about all of them except their 1st fight but that wolverine is in no comparison to the wolverine now. wolverine have a major power upgrade since then. I have seen in marvel knights #13 where wolverine easily stabs spiderman in the chest. I have seen in a comic where wolverine was in a investigation to find a child and spiderman attacked wolverine, thinking that it was someone posing as the real wolverine and didnt land not one punch ending with wolverine having his claws at his throat (after he beat the breaks out of spiderman). Everytime spiderman and wolverine fought spiderman consider wolverine one of the fastest fighters he's ever faced. I have witnessed cap take spiderman down, elektra, kraven, so what makes wolverine no different, I think that he could take spiderman out easily because thats all it takes is one good cut from his claws and the fight is done.

I almost forgot, in the new avengers #6 someone wrote in saying that they dont want the new avenger writer to right spiderman as a weak hero compared to the others. The writer simply said besides spiderwomen, compared to the rest of the team, captain america, iron man, and wolverine, spiderman will look like the weakest. Spiderman is a great character but he just dont have the strength to take out wolverine, a guy that trains everyday of his life to better himself. A guy that is stated to know every martial art on the planet. A guy that took a punch from the hulk, juggernaut, apocalypse, venom, rogue, colossus, wendigo, took a nuke to the chest, to punches from roughhouse (75 tonner), etc...... and jumped right back up like nothing happened. I cant see nothing that spiderman could do to him that would stop him but avoid his ferocity and pray that someone help him.

You have got to be kidding me laughing

This thread is about what team is better 1 or 2. Now say Wolverine and Spiderman are the leaders on either side. Spidey obviously bring more to the table to aid his team to victory. Wolverine is more worried about himself in combat he does not have long range attacks wich may be an advantage. Spidey on the other hand may temporarily web up an opposing member for his team to gain the upper hand. Whoever is webbed up proper it becomes a 4 on 3. His speed will allow him to do this more than a few times. Dont get me wrong Wolverines a great character but unless he can make short work of his opponent he really is no use to his team. What he brings to the table is only a benifit to him and him alone. He may have his healing but again advantage to him.
Wolverine will more than likely be the last survivor of his team, However; If Spideys team has the upperhand throughout the fight, this will be a handicap match were Wolverine is left to fend for himself in a possible 3 on 1 or 2 on 1 situation.
Team 1 wins end of story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.