Vulcan vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Vulcan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/VulcanUXM.jpg

vs

Superman
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Superman.jpg

no PIS, each has an infinitly strong desire to win, neutral universe where all powers work at their best, who wins ?

Galan777
Id say Vulcan wins, especially after the next Uncanny Xmen when he beats the crap out of Gladiator big grin

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan777
Id say Vulcan wins, especially after the next Uncanny Xmen when he beats the crap out of Gladiator big grin

....laughing

It's Hilarious when people think the muties can take down Supes...

Galan777
Originally posted by grey fox
....laughing

It's Hilarious when people think the muties can take down Supes... ahhh Supes may win this, nothing is stronger then the all mighty plot device lol....... i just wanna see glads get the beat down.... but if vulcan can beat glads, then why couldnt he beat supes?

boriquaking55
ahhh Supes may win this, nothing is stronger then the all mighty plot device lol....... i just wanna see glads get the beat down.... but if vulcan can beat glads, then why couldnt he beat supes?

because Glads is a jobber and Vulc beating Glads is PIS in the first place maybe? wink

complexbrother
ahhh Supes may win this, nothing is stronger then the all mighty plot device lol....... i just wanna see glads get the beat down.... but if vulcan can beat glads, then why couldnt he beat supes?

Exactly. and remember he didn't just beat Glads, he beat his whole team.

thedude1948
How can you call it PIS before you even see it, We dont even really know the full extent of Vulcans powers either.

Also there are a handful of mutants who can take down Supes.

grey fox

M'kay

A. Supes isn't a mutant , this screws over any attempt of 'power bloackage' , unless the dumb ass writer somehow makes it so Vulcan can block the friggen sun

B. Gladiator isn't Superman , he's Supes light , Sorta Supes , Suxxor Supes and a variety of other names . His powers work in a completely different manner .

C. Glads jobs like anything , he lost to Cannonball !

D. Vulcan is an overglorified character , made in ridiculous circumstances with a shaky plot device even allowing for his existence (Third summers brother) . He is walking Hyperbole , even Sentry isn't as bad as Vulcan for the over assumptions.

Vulcan gets Speedblitzed , frozen and shattered into so many tiny pieces...

boriquaking55
Originally posted by thedude1948
How can you call it PIS before you even see it, We dont even really know the full extent of Vulcans powers either.

Also there are a handful of mutants who can take down Supes.

That's why I phrased it as a question - who knows Glads may not even confront Vulcan himself? We don't know anything yet

thedude1948
Originally posted by boriquaking55
That's why I phrased it as a question - who knows Glads may not even confront Vulcan himself? We don't know anything yet

Ahh, okay. I agree we dont know anything about the Gladiator fight yet. So far Vulcan is just a mutant smasher until we see more of Vulcan I think Superman takes it 7/10.

grey fox
Originally posted by thedude1948
Ahh, okay. I agree we dont know anything about the Gladiator fight yet. So far Vulcan is just a mutant smasher until we see more of Vulcan I think Superman takes it 7/10.

More like 9/10

Roldz
M'kay

A. Supes isn't a mutant , this screws over any attempt of 'power bloackage' , unless the dumb ass writer somehow makes it so Vulcan can block the friggen sun

You dont have to be a mutant for Vulcans power to work.. He can manipulate forms of energies coming from mutants or otherwise..
I dont think its possible for him to do that powerblockage feat anymore, its dabatable, his been depowered....
Ive got to say Superman wins 10/10, till we see more of Vulcans feats surpassing that or working against Supes...

Accel

First part of this sentence is true, but he didn't lose to Cannonball.

boriquaking55
Superman takes this at least 7/10

superkronick92
after this fight, all things are as they should be, only 2 summers brothers

General Kon-El
Superman 8/10

draxx_tOfU
M'kay

B. Gladiator isn't Superman , he's Supes light , Sorta Supes , Suxxor Supes and a variety of other names . His powers work in a completely different manner .

D. Vulcan is an overglorified character , made in ridiculous circumstances with a shaky plot device even allowing for his existence (Third summers brother) . He is walking Hyperbole , even Sentry isn't as bad as Vulcan for the over assumptions.

doesnt D pertain to superman?

anyway, supes ftw....

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
doesnt D pertain to superman?

anyway, supes ftw....

thumb up

Brian Oswald
I hate Vulcan threads. We have not seen enough of him to know what he is really capable of.

With that said, speedblitz ftw.

Juntai
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
thumb up no

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Juntai
no

thumb up the first part

the second part requires more thought
and showings for that matter

Juntai
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
thumb up the first part

the second part requires more thought
and showings for that matter Strictly the overglorified character part, perhaps in your opinion, but none of any of the rest of that applies to Superman at all.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Juntai
Strictly the overglorified character part, perhaps in your opinion, but none of any of the rest of that applies to Superman at all. cool

Milkie
Up

The Pict

B. Gladiator isn't Superman , he's Supes light , Sorta Supes , Suxxor Supes and a variety of other names . His powers work in a completely different manner

laughing out loud

Badabing
I'll say Superman wins.
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4240/vulcan1ld6.jpg
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3677/vulcan2vv9.jpg

S-Ranger
He sounded as emo as Superboy Prime in that scan 'OH NOES I CAN'T TOUCH YOU I'M DOOOOOMED' Infact i'd wager Vulcan become's the ultimate comic book emo kid even beating Mr Sensitive.

It'd be a good fight but i think Superman would probably pull something out of his ass to beat him i would put my money on Supe's having the higher damage soak and invulernbility and then after a pimp slap he would take Vulcan down to Ma kent's for some milk and cookies and the classic sunset monologue.

Even though i would like to see Supe's lose a few more now and again, Also has anyone else got the feeling that Vulcan is just going to be one of thoese characters that start's out a badass with crazy feat's and end's up either dead, retconned or slotted to guest appearances...Nate Grey all over again...

Octa64
Maybe I am confused here, but in Uncanny X-men 480, Gladiator beats Vulcan to the point where Vulcan loses an eye. Actually, it was a single punch too.

Endrict Nuul
Supes 10/10

Vulcan is almost a wannabe Captain Atom.

Vulcan has the powers to take Supes down just like CA but he jobbers too much and the character is not really written good.

id369

complexbrother
bump.

quanchi112
Superman wins.

Nihilist
Superman in a romperstomp.

Bentley
haha, so much fun reading the thread, I almost need to point out how easy would Glads sh_t on Vulcan's head pretty much in any scenario just to bash the past hype.

Good times.

Xzpunisher
Originally posted by Galan007
ahhh Supes may win this, nothing is stronger then the all mighty plot device lol....... i just wanna see glads get the beat down.... but if vulcan can beat glads, then why couldnt he beat supes? Because Gladiator isnt even on the same planet of physical attributes as Supes

Gladiator may have similar power, but he isnt even in the same ballpark as Supes is in any aspect

Supes destroys Vulcan, backhands Gladiator and tells him to get him a drink

d3str0ya10
supes -.- 8/10

The Nuul
Supes kicks his ass in.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Xzpunisher
Because Gladiator isnt even on the same planet of physical attributes as Supes

Gladiator may have similar power, but he isnt even in the same ballpark as Supes is in any aspect

You want some Kool-Aid with that bullshit?

The Nuul
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
You want some Kool-Aid with that bullshit?

Just ignore him, hes a sock/troll anyways.

psycho gundam
SUPERMAN FOR THE WIN

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Galan007

smile

geraldthesloth
If gladiator can take Vulcans eye Superman can take his head

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by The Nuul
Just ignore him, hes a sock/troll anyways.

I know but he's quite annoying.

He wouldn't be Superman if he did that. I could see him blind Vulcan in a fight but taking his head off isn't his style. Gladiator, on the other hand, has a habbit of doing those kinds of nasty things lately. Not just the Smasher incident but also the first Phoenix blade wielder.

geraldthesloth
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I know but he's quite annoying.

He wouldn't be Superman if he did that. I could see him blind Vulcan in a fight but taking his head off isn't his style. Gladiator, on the other hand, has a habbit of doing those kinds of nasty things lately. Not just the Smasher incident but also the first Phoenix blade wielder.

I know stick out tongue

Im just over exaggerating

Lord Feron
Supes is gonna win. On the other hand Supes as everyone knows is simply a solar battery. Solar energy that Supes runs on is by no means exotic or anything Vulcan would not be able to control.

Im just saying if supes doesn't speedblitz vulcan or do something quick, vulcan is gonna drain him faster than... something that drains something real quick....

Then again Vulcan was able to react to Gladiator when it looked like Glads was flying at him pretty quick.. so whatever. Still think Supes should take it for the majority.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Im just saying if supes doesn't speedblitz vulcan or do something quick, vulcan is gonna drain him faster than... something that drains something real quick....

haha that was beautiful.

Warlord
Vulcan drains his sun radiation deposits....smile
not gonna happen in a comic book but it is a possibility

Rage.Of.Olympus
Let's continue the discussion here "Forever Nick".

Originally posted by Forever Nick
If he was floating towards Vulcan why would the lines be drawn aroun Gladiator? He clearly wasnt floating there, and Vulcan was panicking, why would you panic if something is floating towards you, are Vulcans blasts that slow?

He is clearly floating on different occasions. He does it in the beginning, then casually flies at Vulcan. He does it again, after his first attack. His just floating there, then knocks him the hell out.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/th_GladiatorvsVulcan1.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/th_GladiatorvsVulcan2.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/th_GladiatorvsVulcan3.jpg

Look at the scans closely. Multiple times, if needed.

Forever Nick
Gladiator is moving faster tha sound at least. If he was floating and Vulcans powers wern't workin Vulcan would run

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator is moving faster tha sound at least. If he was floating and Vulcans powers wern't workin Vulcan would run

What proof do you have, that Gladiator was moving at speeds faster than sound? What are you basing that on?

That's utterly baseless in my opinion.

He was clearly shown floating on panel while engaging Vulcan. Twice.

Vulcan isn't exactly a tactical genius, his an idiot. Gladiator handed him his ass, ripped out his eye, and all Vulcan was doing was just lying there bitching like he always does. While Gladiator was just, well, hovering over him. Like I said, Vulcan is a bitchy little child. Reminds me of Prime.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/th_GladiatorvsVulcan2.jpg

Spire
Superman.

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
Supes generating solar energy by willpower is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week.

Stop it. erm

The other thread got closed, for a moment I thought I was in the twilight zone reading these 2006 posts.

Anyway what I meant was that Supes can psionically control the inflow and outflow of solar energy, light etc.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Anyway what I meant was that Supes can psionically control the inflow and outflow of solar energy, light etc.
Okay.

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles

Anyway what I meant was that Supes can psionically control the inflow and outflow of solar energy, light etc. So he can stop red solar radiation from affecting him? eek!

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
So he can stop red solar radiation from affecting him? eek!

Never talked about red solar radiation. I was talking about the times he's shown willfully releasing light radiation from his body i.e. when he powered the miracle machine.

And given the other psionic abilities and the idea that his power is controlled by his will, it's not unfair to say that much of his power is psionically manip'd.

Enyalus
Superman can see teh souls!!!

Rage.Of.Olympus

hysterical

ROFLMAO!

I'm dying right now.

ROFLMAO!

Soul Vision! Pure magic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
hysterical

ROFLMAO!

I'm still laughing over this.

Soul Vision! Superman can see teh SOULS!!!!!

LMAOOOO

Allankles
Heh! yeah, soul vision. There's also psionic mental projections. Torquasm Rao & the dreaded T-vo

Raoul

it's another spectrum. that's it.

also, Superman, as Vulcan is a whipped little b*tch.

Phantom Zone
Wait a sec so has Vulcan beaten Gladiator?

Survivor19
No. It was the other way around.

carver9
supes 8/10

Survivor19
Make it 10/10.
Vulcan sucks agains brute force. All Kal needs to is to throw a brick.

carver9
Originally posted by Survivor19
Make it 10/10.
Vulcan sucks agains brute force. All Kal needs to is to throw a brivk.

Naah, not 10/10

Vulcan can pull some wins if he used his powers right and i have seen supes fall from far less energy wielders than vulcan, even during a blitz..

Nihilist
Supes 10/10

Forever Nick
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What proof do you have, that Gladiator was moving at speeds faster than sound? What are you basing that on?

That's utterly baseless in my opinion.

He was clearly shown floating on panel while engaging Vulcan. Twice.

Vulcan isn't exactly a tactical genius, his an idiot. Gladiator handed him his ass, ripped out his eye, and all Vulcan was doing was just lying there bitching like he always does. While Gladiator was just, well, hovering over him. Like I said, Vulcan is a bitchy little child. Reminds me of Prime.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/th_GladiatorvsVulcan2.jpg

So an Idiot can take over a galaxtic empire that spans thousands of solar systems???? Vulcan has been compared to Augustus and Julius Cesar and has modelled himself as such. Just because he is hot headed doesnt mean he is stupid

Raoul
So an Idiot can take over a galaxtic empire that spans thousands of solar systems???? Vulcan has been compared to Augustus and Julius Cesar and has modelled himself as such. Just because he is hot headed doesnt mean he is stupid

no, he actually is an idiot. a petulant, childish idiot. deathbird was the brains behind his brawn.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
Naah, not 10/10

Vulcan can pull some wins if he used his powers right and i have seen supes fall from far less energy wielders than vulcan, even during a blitz..
Who?

Raoul
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Who?

if he says doctor light, ima hurl.

Enyalus
Arthur Light.

Raoul
Arthur Light.

shock

carver9
Originally posted by Raoul
if he says doctor light, ima hurl.

Yep, thats what I was going to say. You know me too good. He one shotted a blitzing supes.

Forever Nick
no, he actually is an idiot. a petulant, childish idiot. deathbird was the brains behind his brawn.

She wasn't there when he single handely toyed/owned the X-Men, or when he destroyed and took over Shiar warship/s or when he single handedly defeated all but 1 of the Imperial Guard...the same Imperial Guard who keeps the former Skrull and Kree empire at bay, the same Imperial Guard that strikes fear into the hearts of all who hear its name.
If Gladiator's poweers were like Superman, Vulcan would have killed him. Gladiators only weakness is psionic.

Raoul
Yep, thats what I was going to say. You know me too good. He one shotted a blitzing supes.

no he didn't.

She wasn't there when he single handely toyed/owned the X-Men, or when he destroyed and took over Shiar warship/s or when he single handedly defeated all but 1 of the Imperial Guard...the same Imperial Guard who keeps the former Skrull and Kree empire at bay, the same Imperial Guard that strikes fear into the hearts of all who hear its name.
If Gladiator's poweers were like Superman, Vulcan would have killed him. Gladiators only weakness is psionic.

he toyed with a couple of x-men, but when the team fought him at the end of the arc, he wasn't doing so well, iirc.

he beat a bunch of imperial guardsmen by sapping their powers. it's not as if he outfought and outsmarted them. he didn't face all but one of the imperial guard. there were others after gladiator that hadn't fought them.

and he got smacked around by an amped havok...

Enyalus
Amped by multiple stars. uhuh

You're just jealous that Cyke couldn't replicate it. stick out tongue

Badabing
I think if Carver doesn't cut out his low balling and hate, he's next on my list. sneer

Raoul
Amped by multiple stars. uhuh

You're just jealous that Cyke couldn't replicate it. stick out tongue

superman > havok.

and cyclops' powers are too different anyways... shrug

Enyalus
superman > havok.
Yeah....I don't like Havok at all.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Badabing
I think if Carver doesn't cut out his low balling and hate, he's next on my list. sneer
just be down with it now.

Badabing
just be down with it now. mmm

stick out tongue

carver9
no he didn't.

he toyed with a couple of x-men, but when the team fought him at the end of the arc, he wasn't doing so well, iirc.

he beat a bunch of imperial guardsmen by sapping their powers. it's not as if he outfought and outsmarted them. he didn't face all but one of the imperial guard. there were others after gladiator that hadn't fought them.

I'm not debating about that topic anymore, my boy bada is getting mad, so I'll leave it alone. Happy Dance

xJLxKing
mmm

stick out tongue
I see what do did there; hiding your true intentions. miffed

Badabing
I see what do did there; hiding your true intentions. miffed biscuits

I don't really agree with Carver on much, but he rarely, if ever, resorts to insults. And I don't know that he's ever reported anyone either. Maybe I'll just dur him? durfty

carver9
biscuits

I don't really agree with Carver on much, but he rarely, if ever, resorts to insults. And I don't know that he's ever reported anyone either. Maybe I'll just dur him? durfty

Or a mod can just come in here and tell me to shut the hell up like you and rauol has been doing then that would also stop me from doing whatever Im doing.

But Please, i'm begging you, please dont put the faces up.

Badabing
Or a mod can just come in here and tell me to shut the hell up like you and rauol has been doing then that would also stop me from doing whatever Im doing.

But Please, i'm begging you, please dont put the faces up. It's not our place to tell you to shut up, even if we disagree. But......durfist AND ka-dur

stick out tongue

carver9
It's not our place to tell you to shut up, even if we disagree. But......durfist AND ka-dur

stick out tongue

But that would prevent me from getting banned and reported. You dont have to say Shut up but you can continue to do what you have been doing and just tell me to get off of the subject.

I cant believe you put up the smiley's after I begged you. mad

Rage.Of.Olympus

Actually he is an idiot. He had nothing to do with take over. It was all handed to him and we've seen how well Vulcan is handling it. His been Emperor how long, and he is already ripping his Empire to pieces, and was is going to be dethroned now.

Fact is, Vulcan has had to be saved multiple times. He should already be dead, like 4 times, but every single damn time, there is someone there to rescue him or the plot doesn't allow it. Even now, the Darkhawk's were the only thing that stopped him from being dethroned.

His nothing but a prepubescent child. His like Prime emotionally and mentally, but at least Prime has the power to back himself up.

His a whiny little *****.

Raoul
Yeah....I don't like Havok at all.

who does?

Rage.Of.Olympus
who does?

You're one to talk. You like Cyclops. I thought Cyclops fans were as real as fairies and unicorns before I meet you.......

Please don't ban me.

kgkg
Blame it on the henny

Raoul
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You're one to talk. You like Cyclops. I thought Cyclops fans were as real as fairies and unicorns before I meet you.......

Please don't ban me.

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
Blame it on the henny

laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.