feats vs actual fights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
most people around here (DC FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!) seem to think that just because they see a feat with a charater in one fight automaticly means that's how things will work out in a diffent fight against a diffent person so i would like to know what everyone thinks... i think feats gives you a good idea of how a character would fair in a ceritan stuation but wont account for ther versitility or resourcefulness/creativeness of other oppnents, in other words just because it work on one guy doesnt meanit's gonna work on another and you cant judge a fight on feats alone... anyone else feel the same way

SpunkySmurph
You're right- accept that it's not just DC fanboys. Take, for example, the Human Torch. He is NOT going to go Nova every single fight.

lando005
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You're right- accept that it's not just DC fanboys. Take, for example, the Human Torch. He is NOT going to go Nova every single fight. dc fanboys seem to be the worst at it especially with sups

The Pict
Originally posted by lando005
dc fanboys seem to be the worst at it especially with sups

Who? confused

masterbruce
personally, I prefer basing characters on an average of their showings. and not on some one time extreme feat.

The Pict
most people around here (DC FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!) seem to think that just because they see a feat with a charater in one fight automaticly means that's how things will work out in a diffent fight against a diffent person so i would like to know what everyone thinks... i think feats gives you a good idea of how a character would fair in a ceritan stuation but wont account for ther versitility or resourcefulness/creativeness of other oppnents, in other words just because it work on one guy doesnt meanit's gonna work on another and you cant judge a fight on feats alone... anyone else feel the same way

You have to use feats to judge a character, otherwise a match up could turn into a popularity contest.

lando005
Originally posted by The Pict
You have to use feats to judge a character, otherwise a match up could turn into a popularity contest. not saying feats are totally invalid just that they dont make up the entire fight

The Pict
They make up most of it, and I don't see how DC fans do it more than others

lando005
They make up most of it, and I don't see how DC fans do it more than others they give you a rough idea but they hardly acount to how diffent opponents react and think in fights and if you want a good example go to any superman thread the argument is based on speedblitz and feats alone

SpunkySmurph
You have to use feats to judge a character, otherwise a match up could turn into a popularity contest.

Feats should give a rough idea of a character's abilities and limits. But, a one time uber-mega feat shouldn't apply everytime that character fights.

lando005
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Feats should give a rough idea of a character's abilities and limits. But, a one time uber-mega feat shouldn't apply everytime that character fights. for the most part people who are going off feats alonw would say just beacuse spider-man webbed the vulture's arems together in one fight means that's how it's going to happen every time or that's what he would do against the owl which is clearly not the case that's what i mean by not basing a fight soley on feats

Tha C-Master
most people around here (DC FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!) seem to think that just because they see a feat with a charater in one fight automaticly means that's how things will work out in a diffent fight against a diffent person so i would like to know what everyone thinks... i think feats gives you a good idea of how a character would fair in a ceritan stuation but wont account for ther versitility or resourcefulness/creativeness of other oppnents, in other words just because it work on one guy doesnt meanit's gonna work on another and you cant judge a fight on feats alone... anyone else feel the same way It's a blend of all. You cannot simply use feats alone because one side will always use low end and one side will always use high end, making it a neverending feat war.

You need logic, to obvioiusly make your points come across and to understand and use the rules, but you need proof.

Statistics are fine to keep a character in check, but they must also be balanced.

Characters are meant to be at the best of their abilities, which gives Speedsters like Flash, GL's, Magic users all virtually a godhood advantage that will never happen in a comic due to the forum rules.

However DC fanboys aren't the only ones guilty of that, but fanboys in general, I'm sure we can think of one guy in particular that has "feats" that make him godly around here by his supporters.

lando005
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
It's a blend of all. You cannot simply use feats alone because one side will always use low end and one side will always use high end, making it a neverending feat war.

You need logic, to obvioiusly make your points come across and to understand and use the rules, but you need proof.

Statistics are fine to keep a character in check, but they must also be balanced.

Characters are meant to be at the best of their abilities, which gives Speedsters like Flash, GL's, Magic users all virtually a godhood advantage that will never happen in a comic due to the forum rules.

However DC fanboys aren't the only ones guilty of that, but fanboys in general, I'm sure we can think of one guy in particular that has "feats" that make him godly around here by his supporters. i'm all up for a blend of the 2 it just seems people fail to take into accoutn how characters think and fight their battles around here, sure they fight to the best of their abilites but they still fight how they fight so things like flying up and destroying the planet from orbit woudl just be an obsurd statement because that's not how that character would fight, fighting against 1 character woundnt mean a vitory over another... i have be fighting all day long with the dc boys so i do appologize for lashing out at them

lando005
ok i was wrong about dc they do belive feats alone determin a fight
Originally posted by chase el
yes you can. Superman has been there and done that. Parrallyx anyone?

You have NO reasons for Spiderman beating Supes. Your just reading his skills and ASSUMING. Its would be an interesting fight but not a hard one to pick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.