Comic VS forum Theme days! An Idea!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
How about, every so often, we have a VS forum theme day?

Like, tomorrow could be "Street level" vs fights only day. And the next day could be "Herald level" fights only day. And the next day could be "Obscure comic character fight day".

I think it'd make this place a lot more interesting.

Anyone think this would work?

batdude123
Maybe. It would add a creative twist to KMC...

long pig
We could have Monster days or Animal character days. I think it'd be awesome.

It'd liven the place up a bit.

Validus
How about a no spite threads day?

A no repeat thread day?

Or a no Extant calls someone a fanboy day?

masterbruce
i dont think it will work. I dont really see the point. sorry.

long pig
Man, don't turn this into a flame thread.

long pig
Originally posted by masterbruce
i dont think it will work. I dont really see the point. sorry.
Why not?

thedude1948
I nominate tomorrow to be Phoenix day.

Validus
Originally posted by long pig
Why not?
It wouldn't work because half the people here don't even follow the basic rules much less anything special like this.

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
How about a no spite threads day?

A no repeat thread day?

Or a no Extant calls someone a fanboy day?

Good idea!

But totally unrealistic. There will be at least fourteen repeat threads, five spite threads, and eighty seven instances of Extant calling someone a fanboy.

Every day.

Till KMC goes offline.

long pig
Originally posted by thedude1948
I nominate tomorrow to be Phoenix day.
Sounds fine.

But everyone can nominate something but whomever has the most votes, wins and their pick is that day's theme.

I nominate a streetlevel day to be sometime this week!

thedude1948
It would work if it was done as a suggestion, so whoever wanted to join in on it could make a couple of "themed" threads. I dont think it'd work well if it was a themed thread ONLY thing since nobody likes rules.

masterbruce
why it wouldn't work:

1. you can't enforce it. so people won't follow it (at least most won't)

2. say it was street level day, and someone had a great idea for a cosmic battle, he wouldnt be able to post it and will prob forget it later on

3. this theme thing could only last awhile before we run out of themes and the idea loses its novelty

those are my criticisms, feel free to argue them

lando005
throw in a COH day and i'm sold

SpunkySmurph
It would have to be more creative.

Like...

'Metal-Themed day' where people like Magneto, Colossus and Ironman would pertain.

And it might not work because something like that could be very restrictive.

I have a different idea:

What if we had weekly-annual or something threads based on a simialir idea. It would have to be a 'construct your own team' thread, with its own theme, which we already get every so often. Does anybody get what I'm saying?

ExtraMision5555
hunger strike day
avoid crucial meals

Ethereal
Originally posted by long pig
Sounds fine.

But everyone can nominate something but whomever has the most votes, wins and their pick is that day's theme.

I nominate a streetlevel day to be sometime this week!

That seriously take too damn long to do. Everyone naming their own favorite theme, could be tons, not to mention people voting on it.

I say since you came up with this plan, be overlord and choose for us.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by Soljer
Good idea!

But totally unrealistic. There will be at least fourteen repeat threads, five spite threads, and eighty seven instances of Extant calling someone a fanboy.

Every day.

Till KMC goes offline.

And there will be 87 instances of people deserving the name.

How about a "No Phoenix Thread" theme?

The Pict
Don't really see a point either, sorry.

Board Walker
I think this is a pretty nifty idea, imagine Wolverine day, that would be so cool and fun.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Board Walker
I think this is a pretty nifty idea, imagine Pwn Wolverine day, that would be so cool and fun.

Corrected.

Board Walker
I think this is a pretty nifty idea, imagine Wolverine day, that would be so cool and fun.

Or it could be Wolverine pwns day, such as Eternity Wolverine, or skyfather wolverine, or even bone claws wolverine!

And why is their a DBZ icon at the bottom left of my post today?

Sub_Mariner
Or it could be Wolverine pwns day, such as Eternity Wolverine, or skyfather wolverine, or even bone claws wolverine!

And why is their a DBZ icon at the bottom left of my post today?

no expression

I prefer my idea.

long pig
Originally posted by Ethereal
That seriously take too damn long to do. Everyone naming their own favorite theme, could be tons, not to mention people voting on it.

I say since you came up with this plan, be overlord and choose for us.
No. no.

I (or whomever) nominates, say...three choices and there'd be a vote. No one is FORCED to follow it, but us senior people who've been here forever most likely would just to spice things up.

Like, now: I'm about to make a thread asking for a theme. It'll be "D.C only" or "Dark Horse only" or "Marvel only" and which one gets the greater votes would be the winner. And that company would only be allowed to uselow to high end street level characters for this peroid. Te next period, it could be cosmic or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.