Its HAPPENED!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chase el
This has nothing to do with comics but the whole world should know...

but they finally created an invisible suit!! As in you wear it... and no one sees you.

When you see an object is not you actually seeing the object, its you seeing the reflection of light off of it. So if you can manipulate and distort the light hitting a suit, viola! Invisible. The suit really exists this isnt a joke. the government has been working on this for 30 years and it came to life TODAY. The military are going to be the first to test the suit. But isnt this INCREDIBLE?!

Now Batman needs to get one of these. It wouldnt be ridiculous anymore to see that... it really exists

Grinning Goku
Where is the link friend?

thedude1948
http://www.shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_dan/The_More_You_Know.jpg

MightyEInherjar
http://www.sdbj.com/article.asp?aID=86842518.791464.1378858.54400902.7941735.483&aID2=106057

That's all I could find. I HAVE to see more of this if it's as good as the poster says.

masterbruce
i dont believe it.

chase el
no link... my dad is a GM for a scubagear manufactuer. They designed the suit. Its like scuba gear. So the gear will keep you warm inside and cold on the outside so thermals wouldnt be able to detect it. He just came home estatic. You dont understand what a breakthrough like this means... check the news in the next couple days trust me you will see it. This isnt a joke in anyway shape or form. Keep checking the news, this just happened today and my dad was in the building when it happened. Hes been working on this suit alone for 10 years. This is a breakthorugh beyond dreams

chase el
Originally posted by masterbruce
i dont believe it.

It happened... TODAY... like 5 hours ago, my dad was in the building when it happened and he said the whole building was shaking with excitement.

masterbruce
i just read the article. It makes you invisible to microwaves, so its kinda like a stealth radar thing.

its not invisible to sight.

chase el
thats not the same thing trust me. i didnt know about that article. My 60 year old father is acting like a 10 year old girl about this... its the real deal... watch the news my dad says theyre going to make a PA in the next couple weeks while they run more tests. Not invisible to microwaves... INVISIBLE in sight

masterbruce
ok, that would be really cool.

batdude123
COOL! smile

Soljer
Well...there is this:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/invisibility-cloak3.htm

But it's been around a while.

chase el
nah trust me. This happened today

Blair Wind
MITs been working on a similar project for a while now....eh it would be cool to have thats for sure

ExtraMision5555
im pertty sure their was allready a prototype for this that was shown somewhat recently?

im assuming this is the final version?

Ethereal
And this is posted in a comic book forum... why? confused

DickBlazer
guaranteed complete BS. at best a cheap "predator" rip off. totally invisible? not possible with today's technology. from a distance maybe somewhat blurry etc. this "news" will be a total let down. wait and see.

Master Dan
Here's a picture of a squad of them testing it out in Iraq

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2791/invisiblevs2.jpg

Look at them all formed around that helicopter... must be fifty of the gits

eek!

Alfheim
Originally posted by chase el

but they finally created an invisible suit!! As in you wear it... and no one sees you.

When you see an object is not you actually seeing the object, its you seeing the reflection of light off of it. So if you can manipulate and distort the light hitting a suit, viola! Invisible. The suit really exists this isnt a joke. the government has been working on this for 30 years and it came to life TODAY. The military are going to be the first to test the suit. But isnt this INCREDIBLE?!

Now Batman needs to get one of these. It wouldnt be ridiculous anymore to see that... it really exists

This is actually very scarey. This obvoulsy means that this will give people new ways of abusing human rights. This of course means that drug dealers will probably find a way of eventually getting one of these things. This is not good news.

Thanos_1971
Cool.But since it's in a Versus forum.Does that mean someone can now beat Wolverine with it? big grin

Alfheim
What its only invisible to microwaves??? Phew!!! Thank god!

Well ok if they have created a suit invisible to sight, we should be scared.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Thanos_1971
Cool.But since it's in a Versus forum.Does that mean someone can now beat Wolverine with it? big grin

Only if they also have large retractable metal stilts as well

smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
What its only invisible to microwaves??? Phew!!! Thank god!

Well ok if they have created a suit invisible to sight, we should be scared.

There will never (at least not at any time in the realisticly-near future) be a suit that renders the user TOTALLY invisible.

Why?

Because - who would exchange visibility for blindness?

Ext@nt
Nah they sneak up on Phoenix and put a bullet in her head.

Sparkz
The paper said it just makes you invisible to radar and they are working on making the cloak actualy invisble...

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer
There will never (at least not at any time in the realisticly-near future) be a suit that renders the user TOTALLY invisible.

Why?

Because - who would exchange visibility for blindness?

Well I bloody hope so.

ThePittman
All you need is a piece of glass to make yourself invisible to infrared.

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well I bloody hope so.

Then again, I suppose they could mount stereoscopic microfilament cameras on the outside of such a cloak, and use that in place of eyesight. No problem, hm?

Galan777
Originally posted by chase el

Now Batman needs to get one of these. It wouldnt be ridiculous anymore to see that... it really exists Is this for real? Because it gives me a very unsettleing feeling about what might happen to this world in the near future

DigiMark007
This isn't new guys. roll eyes (sarcastic)

They've had prototypes of invisible suits for years. And it always sort of works, but it's obvious that's something's not right when you look at the "invisible" person....it's basically really good camoflage, but hardly full invisibility. I've seen a few different models for these things...most are interesting, but not jaw-droppingly impressive or anything.

Anyway, this isn't a battle either. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.