iron man and iron spidey and wolverine vs magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

captian13
will the master of magnatism dotsry the team roll eyes (sarcastic)

lando005
no they stand a pretty good chance im already has a lotta files on mags and could probalby counteract his powers

batdude123
Originally posted by lando005
no they stand a pretty good chance im already has a lotta files on mags and could probalby counteract his powers

Nope. All it takes is one EMP and Tony's suit is disabled.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by batdude123
Nope. All it takes is one EMP and Tony's suit is disabled.

Mmhmm. And then Mags turns them into slinkys

batdude123
Edit.

lando005
Nope. All it takes is one EMP and Tony's suit is disabled. true enough if
A: Iron man isnt ready for it
and
B: it's a very powerful blast, even a mid grade level blast wont offline tony completely

What If...
magneto and iron man and iron spidey and wolverine all fite? why you pick magnet and iron man and iron spidy and wolvenie to battl? LOL its so randm and funni and wierd but i lick wird ppl so its kewl.

batdude123
true enough if
A: Iron man isnt ready for it
and
B: it's a very powerful blast, even a mid grade level blast wont offline tony completely

An EMP sure as hell took care of him here:

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorclonevstonystarkrl0.jpg

Tony goes bye-bye.

lando005
An EMP sure as hell took care of him here:

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorclonevstonystarkrl0.jpg

Tony goes bye-bye.
diffrent armour he's upgraded since then

batdude123
diffrent armour he's upgraded since then

And he's just as susceptible to an EMP now as he was a couple months prior to upgrading.

lando005
And he's just as susceptible to an EMP now as he was a couple months prior to upgrading.
better armour better shielding or do you belive all of his equipment is unshielded... anyways all he needs is a moment to prep for mags remember michael not only had magnetoes powers but all of the other depowerd mutant's energies and he still held him off....
zero point energy....

SpunkySmurph
I'm not sure how long ago the Civil War thing with Spider-Woman, but thats the most recent time I remember him getting shut down by an EMP... I don't think it was that long ago

It was when HYDRA was 'rescuing' Spider-Woman from the SHIELD Heli-carrier

batdude123
better armour better shielding or do you belive all of his equipment is unshielded... anyways all he needs is a moment to prep for mags remember michael not only had magnetoes powers but all of the other depowerd mutant's energies and he still held him off....
zero point energy....

Shielded or not, he has NO preparation for an EMP. All things that generate electrical currents like machines (which is what Tony's armor is), can be shut off by an EMP. There is no way to get around that for Tony. If Tony couldn't be shut down by an EMP, then his armor wouldn't really work. Therefore, he really can't do anything about it. He can't use TECH to shield himself from an EMP. That's totally contradictory. Therefore, he is as susceptible to it as ever.

Or Magneto could put up one of his shields (which Tony would never in a million years even have a prayer to get through), and rip Tony's body apart via iron manipulation:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8623/magripsapartapocalypse4li.jpg

Or give him an aneurysm, stroke, shut off the electical impulses to his brain, etc. etc.

Magneto is really dangerous. smile

ExtraMision5555
Tony is succeptable to emp, but he has shown an ability to recover from it alot better than he used to. only problem, magneto can produce as many emp's as neccessairy to keep shutting tony off

lando005
Shielded or not, he has NO preparation for an EMP. All things that generate electrical currents like machines (which is what Tony's armor is), can be shut off by an EMP. There is no way to get around that for Tony. If Tony couldn't be shut down by an EMP, then his armor wouldn't really work. Therefore, he really can't do anything about it. He can't use TECH to shield himself from an EMP. That's totally contradictory. Therefore, he is as susceptible to it as ever.

Or Magneto could put up one of his shields (which Tony would never in a million years even have a prayer to get through), and rip Tony's body apart via iron manipulation:

Or give him an aneurysm, stroke, shut off the electical impulses to his brain, etc. etc.

Magneto is really dangerous. smile
no doubt mags is dangerous and he can overwhelm the emp shilding but tony's shown before he can cancel out not only magneto but almost any other enemy he has on file he's faced mags many times over the years so i'm pretty sure he has something built in the armor to handle him, would it work forever i dont knwo but it would work for a while

SpunkySmurph
no doubt mags is dangerous and he can overwhelm the emp shilding but tony's shown before he can cancel out not only magneto but almost any other enemy he has on file he's faced mags many times over the years so i'm pretty sure he has something built in the armor to handle him, would it work forever i dont knwo but it would work for a while

But, whatever he has 'built in' wouldn't- or shouldn't- work. Because his armor wouldn't work. Because of the friggin EMP

batdude123

You're correct. He does have something on his suit to protect him. Something about making his suit completely immune to being controlled via magnetism. But guess what? That doesn't stop Magneto from doing this:

Or an EMP

Tony dies. smile

lando005
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
But, whatever he has 'built in' wouldn't- or shouldn't- work. Because his armor wouldn't work. Because of the friggin EMP IF magneto strikes first seeing how ironman knows he's going to be fighitn magneto i'm pretty sure the first thing he's gonna do is put up his anti magneto defence device

batdude123
IF magneto strikes first seeing how ironman knows he's going to be fighitn magneto i'm pretty sure the first thing he's gonna do is put up his anti magneto defence device

He doesn't have an "anti-Magneto" defense device. Just something that prevents his armor from being manipulated via magnetism. That's preventing one of about 50 ways for Magneto to kill Tony.

Magneto wins this EASILY.

Trolt
So whats going ot be faster...Mags sending an EMP or IM's heart-shutting technique (used on crimson dynamo)?

Pretty much a quick-draw match.

batdude123
Originally posted by Trolt
So whats going ot be faster...Mags sending an EMP or IM's heart-shutting technique (used on crimson dynamo)?

Pretty much a quick-draw match.

Heart-shutting technique? Elaborate.

lando005
He doesn't have an "anti-Magneto" defense device. Just something that prevents his armor from being manipulated via magnetism. That's preventing one of about 50 ways for Magneto to kill Tony.

Magneto wins this EASILY.
who now but in all the time he's faced magneto with everything he knows the guy can do he'ld be an idiot not to have something prepared in his armor just in case... we're talking about the guy who combed his furniture after the very first avengers meeting looking for a dna sample of thor for future use.. he's go something set aside

batdude123
who now but in all the time he's faced magneto with everything he knows the guy can do he'ld be an idiot not to have something prepared in his armor just in case... we're talking about the guy who combed his furniture after the very first avengers meeting looking for a dna sample of thor for future use.. he's go something set aside

He only has the anti-magnetized suit. Nothing else.

He doesn't have anything prepared for a stroke, aneurysm, or getting his body ripped in half. And Tony can't get through Magneto's shields.

Magneto wins.

lando005
He only has the anti-magnetized suit. Nothing else.

He doesn't have anything prepared for a stroke, aneurysm, or getting his body ripped in half. And Tony can't get through Magneto's shields.

Magneto wins. not saying he has something for everything just most things, we dont know what else he has stored away in that suit of his, i mean hell look how much stuff he was able to fit in spider-mans suit, and the zero point energy did work pretty well and that was meant to block more than just magneto's powers you just never know what he's got in his armor

batdude123
not saying he has something for everything just most things, we dont know what else he has stored away in that suit of his, i mean hell look how much stuff he was able to fit in spider-mans suit, and the zero point energy did work pretty well and that was meant to block more than just magneto's powers you just never know what he's got in his armor

Your point is based on speculation. That doesn't cut it I'm afraid. erm

Magneto has TONS of ways to take down Tony. Tony only prepped for one of those ways. Sucks for him... especially here. Tony's never been a top tier character.

Magneto wins this.

lando005
Your point is based on speculation. That doesn't cut it I'm afraid. erm

Magneto has TONS of ways to take down Tony. Tony only prepped for one of those ways. Sucks for him... especially here. Tony's never been a top tier character.

Magneto wins this.
yes it is speculation but it's justified nobody woulda thought he would have kept onto a strand of thor's hair for later use but hey we got clor dont we? it's silly to say that "he's only prepeard for one thing and one thing only" especially since he's always upgradeing we never really know the full extent of his armour's abilities saying magneto wins just cause is being a bit hastey for all we know he has a mutant power dampener built into with guys like tony you can never really be sure what their packin

batdude123
yes it is speculation but it's justified nobody woulda thought he would have kept onto a strand of thor's hair for later use but hey we got clor dont we? it's silly to say that "he's only prepeard for one thing and one thing only" especially since he's always upgradeing we never really know the full extent of his armour's abilities saying magneto wins just cause is being a bit hastey for all we know he has a mutant power dampener built into with guys like tony you can never really be sure what their packin

Your speculation = shit

If you don't have feats or scans or issue numbers or hell... even actual TRUE statements to back up your argument, I'm no longer going to debate this with you.

As it stands, Magneto every single time.

Badabing
If we cut through all the BS, Magneto wins.

lando005
Your speculation = shit

If you don't have feats or scans or issue numbers or hell... even actual TRUE statements to back up your argument, I'm no longer going to debate this with you.

As it stands, Magneto every single time. what is it with you and your feats equals everything thinking? you honestly think we see everything guys like tony have in a fight? the guy upgrades every other month there's not spec list of his newer armours we have no way of knowing how they can be applied it's foolish to jump in this half ass and not know the full capabilites of the other oppnent and judge a winner feats are not the say and end all around here

batdude123
what is it with you and your feats equals everything thinking? you honestly think we see everything guys like tony have in a fight? the guy upgrades every other month there's not spec list of his newer armours we have no way of knowing how they can be applied it's foolish to jump in this half ass and not know the full capabilites of the other oppnent and judge a winner feats are not the say and end all around here

No... you know what IS half ass? You basing your entire argument on something that cannot be proven. Your speculative view point is no good here.

I can speculate that Magneto can destroy a galaxy even though he's never done so before.... see how easy that was?

Magneto wins this 10/10. Your style of debating is flawed to say the least. erm

captian13
hey he can mix them altogether

nimbus006
Magneto can manipulate all these guys in one way or another.

Spiderman is wearing his iron suit which for one is electronic and two is made out of metal, and i don't think he has any anti-magnetic defenses.

Tony can be taken out with an EMP pulse as was said before, although Im not sure how long it would last. I do remember in New Avengers 20 when they went to Genosha to fight the Collectivist, Tony wrapped Magneto in an energy field and sent him into the sun. Although Mags wasn't really trying to attack him. Not sure if that could work.
Note: Ironman is extremely powerful, but he probably isn't the best hero to pit against Mangeto.

Wolverine can well he has adamantium graphed to his bones.

Magneto probably takes this 10/10.

lando005
No... you know what IS half ass? You basing your entire argument on something that cannot be proven. Your speculative view point is no good here.

I can speculate that Magneto can destroy a galaxy even though he's never done so before.... see how easy that was?

Magneto wins this 10/10. Your style of debating is flawed to say the least. erm
IF we knew the full abilites and applications for ironman's suit then i would agree with u but ther is no way you can make a clear decision without knowing the full capabilites of your opponent it's jsut haste to do so

i dont know every single little thing he can do with that armor he may or may not have something useful in it so until i know i wont make a call in magneto's favor

ya know what happend the last time someone jumped to conclusions without knowing the full details? close friends of mine ended up dying in iraq looking for wmd and we all know how that turned out

batdude123
IF we knew the full abilites and applications for ironman's suit then i would agree with u but ther is no way you can make a clear decision without knowing the full capabilites of your opponent it's jsut haste to do so

He's shown just about all he'll ever show until he gets another upgrade in a suit. Until then, he gets rocked.... HARD.

i dont know every single little thing he can do with that armor he may or may not have something useful in it so until i know i wont make a call in magneto's favor

Magneto could simply shut it all off with an EMP. Simple and yet effective.

Or he could rip his body in half.

Or he could give him an aneurysm.

Or he could give him a stroke.

Or he could suck the life force out of him via the "bottle effect"

Or he could transport Tony to a different dimension via a wormhole.

etc. etc.

When it comes to power these two are just on different levels with Magneto being far ahead of Tony. For all intents and purposes, Magneto's electromagnetic powers are limitless, so he probably hasn't even demonstrated all he can do. erm So there goes your IM argument.

ya know what happend the last time someone jumped to conclusions without knowing the full details? close friends of mine ended up dying in iraq looking for wmd and we all know how that turned out

That sucks and I'm sorry.

lando005
He's shown just about all he'll ever show until he gets another upgrade in a suit. Until then, he gets rocked.... HARD.

etc. etc.

When it comes to power these two are just on different levels with Magneto being far ahead of Tony. For all intents and purposes, Magneto's electromagnetic powers are limitless, so he probably hasn't even demonstrated all he can do. erm So there goes your IM argument.

That sucks and I'm sorry.
look for the most part i agree with you the only thing is since we dont have a spec list for tony's armor that means ther's a chance that there is some kind of device or application he could use against magneto that's all i'm saying i would be a lot more comfty voting for mags if i knew of everything im's armor could do

that's all i'm saying unless i'm 100% sure for what someone can do i'll always have that bit of doubt in the back of my head saying that they are more dangerouse than they appear guys like tony have a trend of always having an ace in the hole that's something i'm not willing to overlook

thanks for ur simpathy

Innerhype

etc. etc.

Shutting Iron Man down with EMP is another form of PIS

EMP should NOT work on Iron Man at all, especially now. It just underminds Tony's character.

batdude123
Originally posted by Innerhype

EMP should NOT work on Iron Man at all, especially now. It just underminds Tony's character.

No, actually it does work. You can't use technology to shield yourself from an EMP. huh That's just poor writing.

Validus
IF magneto strikes first seeing how ironman knows he's going to be fighitn magneto i'm pretty sure the first thing he's gonna do is put up his anti magneto defence device
Anti-Magneto Defense?

lando005

EMP should NOT work on Iron Man at all, especially now. It just underminds Tony's character. it should his armour is still electronics based
i just dont thik a normal level emp could do it

batdude123
look for the most part i agree with you the only thing is since we dont have a spec list for tony's armor that means ther's a chance that there is some kind of device or application he could use against magneto that's all i'm saying i would be a lot more comfty voting for mags if i knew of everything im's armor could do

that's all i'm saying unless i'm 100% sure for what someone can do i'll always have that bit of doubt in the back of my head saying that they are more dangerouse than they appear guys like tony have a trend of always having an ace in the hole that's something i'm not willing to overlook

thanks for ur simpathy

I understand that you're not sure of what all Tony is capable of.

I have a pretty good idea of what he is capable of.... he ain't doing shit to Mags.

lando005

I have a pretty good idea of what he is capable of.... he ain't doing shit to Mags. it's just i cant look past the thought that there could be something he caus use... maybe maybe not but ironman's one of thoes characters where it wouldnt suprize me if he pulled a cruise missle outta his butt

The Pict
Originally posted by captian13
will the master of magnatism dotsry the team roll eyes (sarcastic)

No but he'll destroy them. Pretty inane match up, mate.

Innerhype

I have a pretty good idea of what he is capable of.... he ain't doing shit to Mags.

There has been times in the past when Magneto's power proves useless when use directly on Iron Man.

batdude123
it's just i cant look past the thought that there could be something he caus use... maybe maybe not but ironman's one of thoes characters where it wouldnt suprize me if he pulled a cruise missle outta his butt

Magneto's the same way. wink

batdude123
There has been times in the past when Magneto's power proves useless when use directly on Iron Man.

I know. I've acknowledge that. Tony's suit can't be manipulated directly via magnetism. However, and EMP is something entirely different.

lando005
Magneto's the same way. wink
just saying i cant overlook that

now assuming what we've seen of im's armor is the limit of what it can do then thats a diffent story the best defence gots is the zero point energy

batdude123
just saying i cant overlook that

now assuming what we've seen of im's armor is the limit of what it can do then thats a diffent story the best defence gots is the zero point energy

We haven't seen all of what Magneto's capable of either.

lando005
We haven't seen all of what Magneto's capable of either. true

he still has a hard time manipulating other energies other than magnetic correct

batdude123
true

he still has a hard time manipulating other energies other than magnetic correct

Electromagnetic energy, which is one of the four fundamental forces of the universe. Everything emits electromagnetic energy. Hell, atomic particles are held together because of electromagnetic energy. So, for all intents and purposes, yes his powers are unlimited.

Innerhype
We haven't seen all of what Magneto's capable of either.

But he has already lost to Iron Man on a few different occasions I think.

batdude123
But he has already lost to Iron Man on a few different occasions I think.

When? I'd honestly like to know.

And shit happens in comic books. Deathstroke was able to stab Flash. Stupid stuff happens sometimes.

lando005
Electromagnetic energy, which is one of the four fundamental forces of the universe. Everything emits electromagnetic energy. Hell, atomic particles are held together because of electromagnetic energy. So, for all intents and purposes, yes his powers are unlimited. his control is unlimited but his powers still have limits he can only generate soo much energy

Innerhype
When? I'd honestly like to know.

And shit happens in comic books. Deathstroke was able to stab Flash. Stupid stuff happens sometimes.

I agree with that.

Once was in eXiles #23 "With an Iron Fist"

It's an alternate timeline yeah, but on page 5 we see Iron Man shoving a repulser right through Mag's mid-section. IM is killing Mags in this one.

Innerhype
....However, and EMP is something entirely different.

I'm sure it isn't too far out of the ballpark by saying Tony's got like super advanced EM surge protectors

batdude123
his control is unlimited but his powers still have limits he can only generate soo much energy

I said 'for all intents and purposes.'

batdude123
I agree with that.

Once was in eXiles #23 "With an Iron Fist"

It's an alternate timeline yeah, but on page 5 we see Iron Man shoving a repulser right through Mag's mid-section. IM is killing Mags in this one.

Do you think Iron Man wins this fight?

batdude123
I'm sure it isn't too far out of the ballpark by saying Tony's got like super advanced EM surge protectors

He hasn't shown this before. So that's just speculation.

And Magneto has a couple dozen other ways to take Iron Man down as well. He's not limited to one thing.

Innerhype
Do you think Iron Man wins this fight?

Yes I do.

Magneto winning against IM 10/10, with IM having no chance in hell isn't conceivable.

batdude123
Yes I do.

Magneto winning against IM 10/10, with IM having no chance in hell isn't conceivable.

No.... what's not conceivable is Iron Man winning this fight. Iron Man has no way to win this while Magneto has about a dozen options.

Magneto 10/10.

Innerhype
No.... what's not conceivable is Iron Man winning this fight. Iron Man has no way to win this while Magneto has about a dozen options.

Magneto 10/10.

Yes it is, because I already stated one occassion of him doing so

batdude123
Yes it is, because I already stated one occassion of him doing so

In an alternate timeline. Which was PIS on top of that...

Trolt
Heart-shutting technique? Elaborate.

Err.... recent IM series: where he drops crimson dynamo like a 3 inch putt, when crimson dynamo is hiding behind a hostage in mid-air.

Being a nice guy, he restarts his heart of course.

captian13
irom man is the winer thats right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.