Dr.Strange vs AMAZO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
The same AMAZO who can stalemate the JLA.

All the prep Strange gets is 2 seconds as he hears AMAZO crashing into his mansion.

grey fox
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Strange just freezes time before pwning the punk.

Robot 0 Strange 1

long pig
Doesn't AMAZO have time manip due to GL's power and slight immunity to magic due to WW's?

I'm not saying he curbstomps, but AMAZO has beaten the entire JLA before.

long pig
Oh, I got scans where Strange beat Shuma Gorath again. evil face 2 Strange 0 Weird 6 armed space god.

Avalonofthewind
Amazo wins.

long pig
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Amazo wins.
How?

Soljer
Originally posted by long pig
How?

Because! He's a DC character.

shifty

Priest
Originally posted by Soljer

shifty
bag

long pig
Nah, it's because he beat Superman. evil face

dawsey28
JLA # 27 Amazo? confused

The Amazo that owned 35 JLA members including Batman without breaking a sweat? confused

Tshern
Originally posted by dawsey28
JLA # 27 Amazo? confused

The Amazo that owned 35 JLA members including Batman without breaking a sweat? confused
Batman was holding back.

long pig
JLA # 27 Amazo? confused

Sure, that one.

Originally posted by Tshern
Batman was holding back.
True. If BM was bloodlusted, Batman would have bat-kicked him back in time 1 million years.

Avalonofthewind
How?

He had the power of over 35 characters, some who are magically powered themselves.

FTL GL bubble that restricts magic access around him and shrinks until he's crushed is one idea.

shifty

No, No.... Strange loses because he's a MARVEL character.

Besides, we all know this is a DC biased forum shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He had the power of over 35 characters, some who are magically powered themselves.

FTL GL bubble that restricts magic access around him and shrinks until he's crushed is one idea.

No, No.... Strange loses because he's a MARVEL character.

Besides, we all know this is a DC biased forum shifty

laughing

Honestly, though, I hear people ***** about the forum bias CONSTANTLY. I've never really noticed it - it doesn't seem that biased to me. erm.

A few of the PEOPLE on the forum? Definitely DC or Marvel biased. The forum on the whole? no

long pig
Please, this forum is so Marvel biased it's sick.

But, to the fight, why does Amazo win? He's got thirty different powers? Strange has a million different powers.

h1a8
Why is everyone forgetting the good points already made.
Am I the only logical one here

Strange stops time and wins

There is no defense for this

long pig
Strange could go supernova on AMAZO. In one comic, it was said that a single blast of Strange was equal to to a supernova.

It was so powerful that it destroyed the guy's soul.

long pig
Originally posted by h1a8
Why is everyone forgetting the good points already made.
Am I the only logical one here

Strange stops time and wins

There is no defense for this
Flash may have a counter for that. I doubt it.

long pig
Check it out: Eternity tells DS that his power is so great, that it might destroy the entire multiverse.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9599/drstrange042wm1.jpg

Strange's blast was equal to a supernova:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4458/drstrange64vf8.th.jpg

Dinkus Mayhem
AMAZO also copied the ability to control time from Hourman, so he would have no problems in that category.

He has the powers of...

Superman (strength)
Green Lantern (power ring)
Flash (speed)
Wonder Woman (lasso)
Hourman (time control and manipulation)

That is a lot of good shit, I don't know if that is enough to defeat Strange though. I would have to think about this one some more.

Soljer
Please, this forum is so Marvel biased it's sick.

But, to the fight, why does Amazo win? He's got thirty different powers? Strange has a million different powers.

You really think so? Like I said, there are certain MEMBERS who are biased in one direction or another, but the forum overall? I see it as pretty balanced.

h1a8
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
AMAZO also copied the ability to control time from Hourman, so he would have no problems in that category.

He has the powers of...

Superman (strength)
Green Lantern (power ring)
Flash (speed)
Wonder Woman (lasso)
Hourman (time control and manipulation)

That is a lot of good shit, I don't know if that is enough to defeat Strange though. I would have to think about this one some more.

I didn't know that.
Amazo is awesome.
With the ability to effect time combined with flash's and WW's reflexes
and Superman and Green Lantern's powers then there is no being that exists in time he can't beat or stalemate. He simply stops time before anyone can react and "voila!" instant victory. He can just do to them anything he wants to them after that. The only way you can possibly get victory on him is to have prep (Maybe stop time first behind his back or something).

Can he use all these powers at once? If yes then he destroys Stephen 10/10

Or can he only use one of them at a time? If yes then Stephen better try to stop time first or he has no chance.

Ultraman Baltan
BATMAN WITHOUT PREP owned Amazo. Strange's worst was having trouble with Ghost Rider, and Ghost Rider>>>>>>>Batman without prep.

long pig
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
BATMAN WITHOUT PREP owned Amazo. Strange's worst was having trouble with Ghost Rider, and Ghost Rider>>>>>>>Batman without prep.
That didn't make a lot of sense. Strange has sucked GR's soul right out of his body before...without missing a beat.

Soljer
That didn't make a lot of sense. Strange has sucked GR's soul right out of his body before...without missing a beat.

Yes, but more recently, Strange was shown losing to Ghost Rider, if I recall correctly.

Draco69
Dr. Strange has gotten a HELL of a downgrade.

I refuse to believe he would have so much trouble with the Ghost Rider much less the Sentry.....

long pig
Yes, but more recently, Strange was shown losing to Ghost Rider, if I recall correctly.
Wow, that's horrible. That's like Superman losing to spider man.

Originally posted by Draco69
Dr. Strange has gotten a HELL of a downgrade.

I refuse to believe he would have so much trouble with the Ghost Rider much less the Sentry.....
Yeah, Marvel has said it was time to downgrade him. I don't understand, a being who protects the whole universe needs to be powerful, yes?

long pig
We should call the old powerful strange :classic strange: and the new one is called new strange.

Ethereal
We should call the old powerful strange :classic strange: and the new one is called new strange.

Indeed. The new Strange is just..... sick

h1a8
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan

Those would be considered low showings (if not PIS).
If both Strange and Amazo fought to the best of their abilities (forum rules) then Amazo wins 10/10 in the manner I mentioned above.

Avalonofthewind
Strange could go supernova on AMAZO. In one comic, it was said that a single blast of Strange was equal to to a supernova.

It was so powerful that it destroyed the guy's soul.

Amazo could easily do the same to strange.

Anything strange could do can be done by GL powers alone. Then there are the other 30+ assorted powers/defense mechanisms.

Juntai
Currently Dr Strange is in the hospital from a bullet wound.
O.o

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
Those would be considered low showings (if not PIS).
If both Strange and Amazo fought to the best of their abilities (forum rules) then Amazo wins 10/10 in the manner I mentioned below.
Amazo
with the ability to effect time combined with flash's and WW's reflexes
and Superman and Green Lantern's powers then there is no being that exists in time he can't beat or stalemate. He simply stops time before anyone can react and "voila!" instant victory. He can just do to them anything he wants to them after that. The only way you can possibly get victory on him is to have prep (Maybe stop time first behind his back or something).

Can he use all these powers at once? If yes then he destroys Stephen 10/10

Or can he only use one of them at a time or does Hourman take a long while to stop time? If yes to either then Stephen better try to stop time first or he has no chance.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Awesome Man

You mean this:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050729015439

A powered-down prototype of a Amazo that didn't even have the big 7 members' powers. Batman and Nightwing may as well have been fighting a robot with an eyebeam. Not that impressive really.

That Amazo showed no real feats except heat vision and maybe strength.

Apparently not Superman's durability, if his leg exploded to the bone so easily and he was defeated that way. No bioshield that's for sure.

Certainly NOT the same Amazo that was in JLA #27.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/amazojla5.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/amazojla6.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/amazojla7.jpg

An actual challenge for the League. He has the powers of everyone in JLA. Whoever is a member, he has their powers.

Symmetric Chaos
Strange uses his powers to destroy the JLA.

Amazo dies because there is no more JLA 313

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Strange uses his powers to destroy the JLA.

Amazo dies because there is no more JLA 313

laughing brilliant. I think I started this with my bumping the dr. strange hype thread. Hard to call. The Amazo with 30+ JLA member's powers was pretty uber. So......is this new 'I can't even beat Hand Ninjas' Strange, or classic 'I piss on Shuma-Gorath' Strange?

Bentley
Can Stephen just summon Eternity and win?

In entirely unrelated news, this forum is Hulk biased.

Galan007
Certainly NOT the same Amazo that was in JLA #27.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/amazojla5.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/amazojla7.jpg

An actual challenge for the League. He has the powers of everyone in JLA. Whoever is a member, he has their powers. Hey nice scans, I wonder where they came from? *looks at thread under sig* cool

Anyhoo,

Since it was already stated by the thread starter, that we are using Amazo from JLA #27, he takes this quite easily.

Amazo had the combined powers of 35 leaguers, and he is able to use those powers to their max...

Could Strange defeat 35 individual members of the JLA attacking him at once?

Because Amazo is an even more deadly foe.

I think vs threads like this one, is what sparked threads like this to be made:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/430110_1-alright-ive-had-quite-enough-dr-strange-hype

TricksterPriest
*raises hand* I did it. It was my idea to bump that thread. I wanted to snap LP out of the funk of seeing mere mortals beat down Dr. Strange. whistle

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bentley
In entirely unrelated news, this forum is Hulk biased.

no expression

What in the nine hells brought you to that conclusion?

Ethereal
Strange aint freezing time in this fight. Just because he did it once in a obscure comic, doesnt mean he'll do it every-time.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Galan007
Hey nice scans, I wonder where they came from? *looks at thread under sig* cool

They are scans from your respect thread. I wasn't trying to take credit for them. embarrasment

Galan007
They are scans from your respect thread. I wasn't trying to take credit for them. embarrasment I know man,

I was just kidding. stick out tongue

long pig
Originally posted by Ethereal
Strange aint freezing time in this fight. Just because he did it once in a obscure comic, doesnt mean he'll do it every-time.
He's done it like 30 times...in nearly every series he's ever had.

Hell, you know this because you're in the respect thread a lot.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Amazo turns to the size of the atom, Invisible, Flies at FLASH speed, with a combination of Superman's Strength and WW's bracelets crossed right at stranges forhead. Instant DR. Pudding anyone?

long pig
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Amazo turns to the size of the atom, Invisible, Flies at FLASH speed, with a combination of Superman's Strength and WW's bracelets crossed right at stranges forhead. Instant DR. Pudding anyone?
Sounds good.

AMAZO is uber.

But, can he dodge a light speed amulet that, at times will circle Strange when benig speedbiltzed that instantly absorbs the being's power along with the being itself it's caught and spits them into Death's domain? Doesn't seem to need Strange's command to do so, it just does it.

It could at least give AMAZO pause enough for Strange to use instant teleportation to another dimension.

Also, can AMAZO fight a ghost? Strange can't totally die in battle for long because he resurects himself, but before that, his Astral form takes over after being k.o's and is 90% as powerful as the real Strange.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sounds good.

AMAZO is uber.

But, can he dodge a light speed amulet that, at times will circle Strange when benig speedbiltzed that instantly absorbs the being it's caught and spits them into Death's domain? Doesn't seem to need Strange's command to do so, it just does it.

It could at least give AMAZO pause enough for Strange to use instant teleportation to another dimension.

Also, can AMAZO fight a ghost? Strange can't die in battle, his Astral form takes over adter death and is 90% as powerful as the real Strange.

Amazo has the Uber magical protection of Diana's bracelets while he is moving at Flash speeds, he has the Gl ring and Hourman's powers to slow time or counter any of stranges time fields. He will be invisible on top of the size of an atom, and he will be muttering some spells from the nigh omnipotent magical users of the JLA protectinghim from stranges magic. AMazo also will be using WW's reflexes with FLash Speed. He will wont' be getting hit unless he wants to. DR. Strange is out classed in this match. He's too human. He dies before he even knows where the crash sound came from.

long pig
I must agree.

But, can he indeed fight a "ghost"? Well, it's a soul actually.

Does he have a soul, if so, Strange can indeed steal it. But yeah, AMAZO's only chance imo is a blitz, otherwise Strange can indeed take AMAZO's power away instantly and make it his own.

Galan007
Zauriel's abilities alone not only would give Amazo a divine connection to ALL magics, but Amazo would also gain Zauriel's scream, which is capable of liquifying Strange.

Combine that with Firestorm's ability to absorb energy, Flash's speed/kinetic energy absorption, Manhunter's telepathy/intangibllity, GL's constructs, Hourman's time manipulating abilities, and everything that goes along with Superman and Wonder Woman...

And just think.... That's not even half of the powers Amazo has at his disposal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I must agree.

But, can he indeed fight a "ghost"? Well, it's a soul actually.

Does he have a soul, if so, Strange can indeed steal it. But yeah, AMAZO's only chance imo is a blitz, otherwise Strange can indeed take AMAZO's power away instantly and make it his own.

I don't think so. Amazo has too many magical resistances. The GL ring and WW"s resistance on top of the magical users in the JLA. Amazo was upgraded to have all of thier strengths and none of thier weaknesses. He literally just steam rolls Uber teams. There is no Team wrecker in all of comics like him except for Composite Man, Onslaught and Tyrant.

jrodslam
I don't think so. Amazo has too many magical resistances. The GL ring and WW"s resistance on top of the magical users in the JLA. Amazo was upgraded to have all of thier strengths and none of thier weaknesses. He literally just steam rolls Uber teams. There is no Team wrecker in all of comics like him except for Composite Man, Onslaught and Tyrant.

I didnt know Amazo had high magical resistance. I didnt think there was anything magical about him. Where was this stated?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by jrodslam
I didnt know Amazo had high magical resistance. I didnt think there was anything magical about him. Where was this stated?

He has all the powers of the JLA. IF they have it, then so does he. It doesn't have to be stated that he has superspeed either. But we know , clark, diana, flash, mm and a dozen others have it, so he does as well.

jrodslam
He has all the powers of the JLA. IF they have it, then so does he. It doesn't have to be stated that he has superspeed either. But we know , clark, diana, flash, mm and a dozen others have it, so he does as well.

Ahh, but its your assumption that he has magical properties or high resistances. Flash is part of the Big 7. That would be logical for him to have super speed. Magicians in the JLA are a bit rare. Any proof of Amazo having the abilities or resistances and ill concede. Until then.....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ahh, but its your assumption that he has magical properties or high resistances. Flash is part of the Big 7. That would be logical for him to have super speed. Magicians in the JLA are a bit rare. Any proof of Amazo having the abilities or resistances and ill concede. Until then.....

Amazo has the powers of every JLA member. GL's have magical resistance. Nuff said.

jrodslam
Amazo has the powers of every JLA member. GL's have magical resistance. Nuff said.

I have to see it to believe it. Sorry for not taking your word for it. Any GL can be pwned by a decent magic weilder. And i really love GL's, but c'mon. Magic is top tier.yes

nvrbeenwthagirl
I have to see it to believe it. Sorry for not taking your word for it. Any GL can be pwned by a decent magic weilder. And i really love GL's, but c'mon. Magic is top tier.yes

Kyle was part of the JLA. Starheart magic for the win.

jrodslam
Kyle was part of the JLA. Starheart magic for the win.

I didnt know that Kyle had Straheart energies when he fought Amazo? Secondly, by looking at scans, do we know for sure that he absorbed Jade's energies?

Roldz
Question:

How many powers can Amaso pull at a time? Can he pull this powers at same time? all of JLA?

Ethereal
He's done it like 30 times...in nearly every series he's ever had.

Hell, you know this because you're in the respect thread a lot.

I know. I've actually seen 3 different instances, one in a situation (but there is probably more) but I think that ability should stay out of vs. threads for the sake of argument since its like a deus ex machina type thing. Otherwise, there wouldnt need to be a discussion most of the time.

long pig
I know what you're saying, but it doesn't really matter WHERE AMAZO gets his power, Strange's power stealing ability has no limits. He's literally stolen an infinite amount of power from Shuma's. GL, starbrand or whatever, he can take it all away.

But, a blitz like what you said would most likely do the job done pretty damned good.

qqqqqqq
strange with prep can shut down amazo's power

Galan007
Originally posted by Roldz
Question:

How many powers can Amaso pull at a time? Can he pull this powers at same time? all of JLA? Amazo can pull any ammount of power that he needs, from any individual(s) he needs.

Amazo has never shown an upper limit to what he can absorb.

Galan007
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
strange with prep can shut down amazo's power
no expression

Please tell me you're joking.

bigbran
no expression

Please tell me you're joking. Black Adam did... oh no wait... he didn't have prep... and Amazo didn't have a head after either...
shifty

Galan007
Originally posted by bigbran
Black Adam did... oh no wait... he didn't have prep... and Amazo didn't have a head after either...
shifty Some fights are just PIS to the finest degree.

And that's not the same Amazo being used in this fight. stick out tongue

bigbran
Some fights are just PIS to the finest degree.

And that's not the same Amazo being used in this fight. stick out tongue Black Adam always beats the odds...
And the Amazo's...
shifty

It's Amazo non-the-less though...

Galan007
by looking at scans, do we know for sure that he absorbed Jade's energies? We don't need to.

By these scans, we know for sure that even if Amazo didn't absorb the Starheart, it's magical energies were ineffective as Amazo crushed Jade, and every other JLA member as if they were nothing.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla5.jpg

"By enlarging the team, we might just have turned this cybernetic organism into a GOD:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla7.jpg

Galan007
Black Adam always beats the odds...
And the Amazo's...
shifty

It's Amazo non-the-less though... True, but different appearences of Amazo have different feats...

Hell if we used Amazo from the Batman comics, then all it would take to beat him is Batman and Nightwing......... Tell me that's not PIS. sick

The Amazo used in this battle is much different, and has much higher showings.

jrodslam
We don't need to.

By these scans, we know for sure that even if Amazo didn't absorb the Starheart, it's magical energies were ineffective as Amazo crushed Jade, and every other JLA member as if they were nothing.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla5.jpg

"By enlarging the team, we might just have turned this cybernetic organism into a GOD:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazojla7.jpg

Thats not really answering my question now is it. The point of me asking the question was because it was stated theat he had high/many magical resistances. From the scan, its not shown whether he shrugged off a attack from Jade or not. For all we know, he could have just punched her or blasted her with a projectile.

Dr.Strange is a high end magic user. I just wanna see scan of Amazo faced off against someone of that stature. If a scan is provided, ill concede. Until then, i have my doubts that he can absorb magic.

bigbran
True, but different appearences of Amazo have different feats...

Hell if we used Amazo from the Batman comics, then all it would take to beat him is Batman and Nightwing......... Tell me that's not PIS. sick

The Amazo used in this battle is much different, and has much higher showings. Quite... but I never said anything really about that... just that BA ripped his head off.

Depends... did Batman use his batkick?

Is that because it was explained or something? I mean, he was in one page...

Galan007
Depends... did Batman use his batkick?

Is that because it was explained or something? I mean, he was in one page... The Batman fight was ridiculous...... That's all you need to know.. stick out tongue

Galan007
Thats not really answering my question now is it. The point of me asking the question was because it was stated theat he had high/many magical resistances. From the scan, its not shown whether he shrugged off a attack from Jade or not. For all we know, he could have just punched her or blasted her with a projectile.

Dr.Strange is a high end magic user. I just wanna see scan of Amazo faced off against someone of that stature. If a scan is provided, ill concede. Until then, i have my doubts that he can absorb magic. All I remarked on is, if Amazo did not infact absorb the starheart's magic, it's magical powers clearly did nothing to him, as he still easily crushed Jade...

That's all. smile

jrodslam
All I remarked on is, if Amazo did not infact absorb the starheart's magic, it's magical powers clearly did nothing to him, as he still easily crushed Jade...

That's all. smile

I understand. It was nvr who stated those things. I just wanna see it. In all the battles, ive never seen the likes of a Zatanna, Fate, Occult, etc. It wasnt shown if Jade did anything to him, so it would kinda be inaccurate to say her magical powers did nothing to him.

dawsey28
Pay attention to what Steal says:

"whatever Justice League exists to fight him."

Jade was one of the 35 members that fought him.

long pig
What exactly kind of magic did he absorb? Was it magical blasts? Can he absorb magic spells?

Blasts are easily absorbed, but spells are rarely, if ever, absorbed by anyone.

Symmetric Chaos
What exactly kind of magic did he absorb? Was it magical blasts? Can he absorb magic spells?

Blasts are easily absorbed, but spells are rarely, if ever, absorbed by anyone.

There is a version of AMAZO that had the power to recall ever power he had every copied I think he used Zatana's magic.

He said that Zatanna couldn't obscure what was happening

Galan007

Blasts are easily absorbed, but spells are rarely, if ever, absorbed by anyone. Like I was saying before,

Jade possessed the Starheart, some of the most powerful magic there is.

So even if Amazo didn't absorb that energy, it was clearly ineffective against him, as he still crushed Jade easily..... And that says alot.

But in theory,

Zauriel's Divine connection to ALL magics + Amazo's various absorption powers, should make absorbing magics a plausible avenue for him IMO.

I mean, if Amazo can take the humanity/souls from any Metahuman he chooses, then why could he not take their magical properties as well?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazohrmn9.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_amazohrmn15.jpg

juggernaut66666
Amazo FTW!
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/am7-1.jpg

Galan007

juggernaut66666
I saw that edit.haermm

Galan007
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
I saw that edit.haermm nahuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.