superman vs magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
Superman vs Magneto. nuff said.

The Pict
This isn't a fight, Magneto is dead in a millisecond.

endrict
yah SUPs win

I made this post long ago

been done before.

snoopdogg
Superman wins. beer

cgbw2407
Errr... Superman of Course.

What is Magneto going to do?

NiņoAraņa
you should make it "Superman metal with a suit of metal armor and metal sword V Magnito...Master of Magnatism"

shifty

Darth Macabre
If Magneto has his shield up before the fight starts then he wins...If not, then Superman speedblitzing with the win.

complexbrother
Magneto wins. if Dr. Polaris can take out the whole JLA (they only beat him with PIS) then Mags should have no proublem.

http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/images/DrPolaris01.jpg

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by endrict
yah SUPs win

I made this post long ago

been done before.

erm
Making this thread in the past is not something to be proud of.

General Kon-El
Superman wins 10/10

NiņoAraņa

PRAYERRUN
???? I'd think that supes would have a hard time with mags. I mean how would Supes get through his shield?

masterbruce
Man of Steel, meet the Master of Magnetism.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by masterbruce
Man of Steel, meet the Master of Magnetism.

laughing laughing laughing

hulk10
Duh,one punch from superman and maggy would be out cold.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by hulk10
Duh,one punch from superman and maggy would be out cold.

Which shows very little knowledge of Mags, who has solo-ed the Avengers before.

Unless speedblitz, this is a good fight.

batdude123
Indeed. I'm apauled at how low this forum views Mags. sad

But Superman would still win. Damn speedblitz keeps it from being a good fight. erm

If Magneto somehow got his shields up before Superman speedblitzed him, I'd see him pulling the majority actually.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by batdude123

But Superman would still win. Damn speedblitz keeps it from being a good fight. erm

If Magneto somehow got his shields up before Superman speedblitzed him, I'd see him pulling the majority actually. yes Agreed.

SpunkySmurph
Well, the dreaded speedblitz ftw.

But, since CIS is not outlawed, Clark by no means will actually go for that method.

DigiMark007
I dunno. If he uses his speed advantage, Mags will have a hard time doing anything to him even with shields.

I know he's a beast. But we are talking about Superman. He's not literally made of steel (obviously) and has brawling skills better than anyone and energy output and speed with the best of them.

And let's not forget about T-vo. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I dunno. If he uses his speed advantage, Mags will have a hard time doing anything to him even with shields.

I know he's a beast. But we are talking about Superman. He's not literally made of steel (obviously) and has brawling skills better than anyone and energy output and speed with the best of them.

And let's not forget about T-vo. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention we don't know if alot of Mag's tricks would work with Kryptonian physiology (I can see them pulling that excuse), and I doubt Mags would very easily harm him externally. (Without making a moon land on him, of course roll eyes (sarcastic) )

snoopdogg

If Magneto somehow got his shields up before Superman speedblitzed him, I'd see him pulling the majority actually. Couldn't Superman use his sonic whistle to knock Mags out?

batdude123
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Couldn't Superman use his sonic whistle to knock Mags out?

Probably not. Magneto took a scream from Black Bolt at point blank range, WITHOUT a shield up, and wasn't hurt too badly. erm

snoopdogg
That sounds like PIS. You have scans of that?

Soleran

Yes I agree.

batdude123

Black Bolt using his scream right next to Magneto. Magneto isn't affected at all.

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazingadventures1007fc5.jpg

Again:

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazingadventures1012di2.jpg

Accel
BB's scream doesn't really spread out around him like normal sound waves. It really just travels in the direction he shouts in and nowhere else.

He's used it when the X-Men were standing around him before and didn't affect any of them at all.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Accel
BB's scream doesn't really spread out around him like normal sound waves. It really just travels in the direction he shouts in and nowhere else.

He's used it when the X-Men were standing around him before and didn't affect any of them at all.

Didn't T'challa have to hide in a vibranium box...behind BB when he used his whisper against Apocalypse?

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/314/apocky66ja.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6987/apocky73wx.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2555/apocky86cf.jpg

Accel
It did take place in the HoM reality, the same reality where Sabretooth was dropped by a simple gun. BB's scream isn't even completely sound waves.

ExodusCloak
It did take place in the HoM reality, the same reality where Sabretooth was dropped by a simple gun. BB's scream isn't even completely sound waves.

But the HoM reality is still the 616 Universe right? Didn't Sabes get his head chopped off too?

True...it may not be completely sound waves but it still diffracts right...? Otherwise his voice would only effect a linear plane...and it's been shown to effect huge areas...

The scans are clearly PIS...IMO...the writer probably ignored that little part....how Mags survived that is beyond me....unless he can somehow shunt the transformative energy released by BB's scream...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
But the HoM reality is still the 616 Universe right? Didn't Sabes get his head chopped off too?

Yes, by Black Panther

Grimm22
Black Bolt using his scream right next to Magneto. Magneto isn't affected at all.

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazingadventures1007fc5.jpg

Again:

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amazingadventures1012di2.jpg

You're starting to look more and more like a fanboy What the f**k?

Sad, but true erm

BB wasn't attacking Mags in either of those scans

Accel
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

True...it may not be completely sound waves but it still diffracts right...? Otherwise his voice would only effect a linear plane...and it's been shown to effect huge areas...

The scans are clearly PIS...IMO...the writer probably ignored that little part....how Mags survived that is beyond me....unless he can somehow shunt the transformative energy released by BB's scream...
It takes place in 616, but it's still a different reality.

ExodusCloak
It takes place in 616, but it's still a different reality.

Either way...BB's voice still diffracts from the damage it causes...if it didn't then the damage would be confined to a linear plane...

Accel
From the looks of things, he seems to have good control over his voice. His voice has traveled in a straight line on multiplie occasions as well as as traveled in a wide radius.

ExodusCloak
From the looks of things, he seems to have good control over his voice. His voice has traveled in a straight line on multiplie occasions as well as as traveled in a wide radius.

That's a possibility....didn't it echo in Son Of M? Meaning it reflects as well?

H. S. 6
Superman, 10/10.

Probably not. Magneto took a scream from Black Bolt at point blank range, WITHOUT a shield up, and wasn't hurt too badly. erm

What the f**k?

Take that fanboy bullshit out of here. Blackbolt isn't even facing Magneto, let alone attacking him.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
You're starting to look more and more like a fanboy What the f**k?

Kiss my ass, GRIMMBOY!!

Sad, but true erm

Coming from the same person who thinks Doom or Reed can beat ANYBODY with a day of prep. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BB wasn't attacking Mags in either of those scans

No, but he was standing abreast from BB.

batdude123
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Superman, 10/10.

What the f**k?

Take that fanboy bullshit out of here. Blackbolt isn't even facing Magneto, let alone attacking him.

He's standing right beside Magneto. My wording was off, you really don't have to be a dick to get your point across.

Soleran
He's standing right beside Magneto. My wording was off, you really don't have to be a dick to get your point across.

Lol, well you made it sound like he was able to bear the brunt of a full on BB scream. eek!

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
Lol, well you made it sound like he was able to bear the brunt of a full on BB scream. eek!

Standing within whisper distance (by normal human being standards) from Black Bolt, and having him scream (even if it's not directly at you) is still damn impressive.

OneDumbG0
Hey now, I picked a fight with batdude123 several times. But let's not jump all over him for what he thought was a showing for Magneto. If he's wrong, he's wrong. No biggie.

Personally... I think Magneto can manage a few wins. While he can't use the good ole manipulate "iron in the blood" against Supes, he's still got enough power to bear on him. And personally, I don't think 'speedblitz' would work. Look at this thread for an extended debate about that topic and decide for yourself: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362166&perpage=20& amp;highlight=title%3A%28magneto+hulk+doom+superma
n%29&pagenumber=6

Superman 7/10 either way. Magneto can split with Thor, but not against Superman.

batdude123
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Hey now, I picked a fight with batdude123 several times. But let's not jump all over him for what he thought was a showing for Magneto. If he's wrong, he's wrong. No biggie.

My wording was off. I knew what the scans depicted.

Personally... I think Magneto can manage a few wins. While he can't use the good ole manipulate "iron in the blood" against Supes, he's still got enough power to bear on him. And personally, I don't think 'speedblitz' would work. Look at this thread for an extended debate about that topic and decide for yourself: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362166&perpage=20& amp;highlight=title%3A%28magneto+hulk+doom+superma
n%29&pagenumber=6

Why not?

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitztingue4.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitzing2uj4.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitzing3xg5.png

Superman 7/10 either way. Magneto can split with Thor, but not against Superman.

Agreed.

H. S. 6

A dick?

Read over what you said, then look at your scans, then look at what I said. If what you said isn't fanboy-ish, I don't know what is.

Don't accuse me of being a dick when you made the mistake.

batdude123
A dick?

Read over what you said, then look at your scans, then look at what I said. If what you said isn't fanboy-ish, I don't know what is.

Don't accuse me of being a dick when you made the mistake.

I just told you my wording was off. No need to use the phrase "fanboy bullshit" in order to support your argument when you know I'm not a fanboy.

H. S. 6
I just told you my wording was off. No need to use the phrase "fanboy bullshit" in order to support your argument when you know I'm not a fanboy.

When I called out your "fanboy bullshit," you hadn't admitted your mistake. Like I said, read what you posted, then read my reaction, and try to tell me it's uncalled for.

And again, I understand you made a mistake, but don't call me a dick just because I don't have the ability to read your mind and see what you meant, instead of what you wrote.

batdude123
When I called out your "fanboy bullshit," you hadn't admitted your mistake. Like I said, read what you posted, then read my reaction, and try to tell me it's uncalled for.

And again, I understand you made a mistake, but don't call me a dick just because I don't have the ability to read your mind and see what you meant, instead of what you wrote.

Fair enough. smile

H. S. 6
Fair enough. smile

We always seem to settle our disputes. stick out tongue

batdude123
We always seem to settle our disputes. stick out tongue

Indeed. thumb up

StarsNeverFall7
This be the same magneto that killed apocolypse?? He can split with Thor but not superman? Doesnt thor take a majority against supes? Magneto doesnt just effect magnetism, its the entire electromagentic spectrum. I think he stands more of a chance then people are giving him. Ill toss it a 50/50 either way.

Jvenom
With shields up Magneto should be able to kill Superman in a few seconds. Superman relies on a yellow sun's rays for his powers. Magneto should be able to absorb it out of his body since it is apart of the electromagentic spectrum making Superman powerless. From there Magneto could do what he wants.

batdude123
Originally posted by Jvenom
With shields up Magneto should be able to kill Superman in a few seconds. Superman relies on a yellow sun's rays for his powers. Magneto should be able to absorb it out of his body since it is apart of the electromagentic spectrum making Superman powerless. From there Magneto could do what he wants.

1. I've never seen Magneto absorb yellow sun radiation, regardless of the fact that it emits electromagnetic energy.

2. In all fairness, that argument could go both ways.

Jvenom
It only makes sense that you should be able to absorb it since it is apart of the em spectrum. He has absorbed other forms of radiation before so why not this one?

batdude123
It only makes sense that you should be able to absorb it since it is apart of the em spectrum. He has absorbed other forms of radiation before so why not this one?

Because Clark doesn't radiate yellow sun energy. His body absorbs and stores the energy in his cells.

Soleran
Because Clark doesn't radiate yellow sun energy. His body absorbs and stores the energy in his cells.

Yes but isn't his invulnerability formed from a bio-electric field?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
Yes but isn't his invulnerability formed from a bio-electric field?

Ah ha!! Correct. yes

Aqua-pimp
I'f magneto can create a magnetic shield in time he has a good chance of winning this match but i'f he's to slow than uhm ... Supes kills mags in like 0.000001 seconds and after that plugs eric's magnetic ass on his refrigerator cool

snoopdogg
I still think Supes can use a sonic attack on Mags while he's in the shield. He still has to hear.

manjaro
Magneto gets 4/10...how? the same way that dr. polaris managed to put superman down........ with a massive EMP that is, it manages to f **** with his super hearing somehow(this happened twice in their history) and recently in "strange attractions" by quickly wrapping him in a skin level force bubble and red shifting the sunlight around him. thus draining his stores of solar energy while continuosly bathing him in red sunlight....i know im gonna have to brace my ears for all the PIS screamers now...but i dont care SCREAM AWAY!!!!!.......SCREAM I TELL YOU!!!!!

h1a8

maybe clark absorbs solar radiation but converts it to a different form of energy inside him. This is possible since if you cut him open in the dark you wont see light rays coming from him. So maybe it is not good to assume that he has solar radiation in him because its form could have most likely changed to something else.

h1a8
Originally posted by manjaro
Magneto gets 4/10...how? the same way that dr. polaris managed to put superman down........ with a massive EMP that is, it manages to f **** with his super hearing somehow(this happened twice in their history) and recently in "strange attractions" by quickly wrapping him in a skin level force bubble and red shifting the sunlight around him. thus draining his stores of solar energy while continuosly bathing him in red sunlight....i know im gonna have to brace my ears for all the PIS screamers now...but i dont care SCREAM AWAY!!!!!.......SCREAM I TELL YOU!!!!!

show some scans of this please
so we can judge for ourselves

Its just that...well...some of us don't believe it.

h1a8
Also for anyone who wants to know if Supes can speedblitz Mags before he gets his shield up read this:

I hope this helps

First lets assume that superman generates a constant force as he travels all his might (since He doesn't get stronger when using all his might). This means he should have a constant acceleration.
If superman can fly to jupiter in about 3 minutes. Then he can travel about 4.2AU (This is the closest distance jupiter and earth can be and 1AU=93000000 miles or 93000000x5280ft) in about 3 minutes. So d=.5a t^2 (assumming beginning distance and velocity are zero)which implies that a=2d/t^2= 22,915,200,000ft per sec^2. But t=sqrt(2d/a)=.000004sec if d=20ft
Thus if they start 20ft from each other then superman can cover this in .00004 secs (or 4 hundred-thousandths of a sec). Where as a 600mph bullet can cover 20ft in .023 sec (t=d/r).
So superman can cover a distance of 20ft over 540times faster than that of a bullet.
Man that is fast. His speedblitz rules.
So Supes definitely can speedblitz him before a shield.

manjaro
well i dont have scans as i dont own the comics but i did read them and i do have issue numbers..the most recent is Action Comics #827 in it Dr. polaris split personality takes hold again and he thinks he's a woman named repulse..and you actually see them showing imagery of repulse. now repulse goes on a rampage and attacks ppl wit magnetic powers, starting with Aura, then Repulse turns her attention on Dr.P and commences to beat the shit out of him. which in actuality its him pulling a "fight club" and is beating the shit out of himself. then superman intervened and polaris did exactly what i said.

not to mention in JLA #59 when a jokerized Dr.P was owning the shit out of the entire league, and was dropping old sunken ships on superman and f ****ing with the league by doing of all things controlling the iron in their blood(yes supes too)

the other ones the issue numbers escape me,(early-mid90's) but they were really old school. i tried scouring supermanhomepage looking for it, for they had a synopsis, but i didnt have hours to spare, but polaris was bat shit insane once again and superman tried to stop him, and he lashed him with an EMP that gives him a proper mind f ****, something along the lines of a super duper migraine and it also did something to his super hearing IIRC

h1a8
well i dont have scans as i dont own the comics but i did read them and i do have issue numbers..the most recent is Action Comics #827 in it Dr. polaris split personality takes hold again and he thinks he's a woman named repulse..and you actually see them showing imagery of repulse. now repulse goes on a rampage and attacks ppl wit magnetic powers, starting with Aura, then Repulse turns her attention on Dr.P and commences to beat the shit out of him. which in actuality its him pulling a "fight club" and is beating the shit out of himself. then superman intervened and polaris did exactly what i said.

not to mention in JLA #59 when a jokerized Dr.P was owning the shit out of the entire league, and was dropping old sunken ships on superman and f ****ing with the league by doing of all things controlling the iron in their blood(yes supes too)

the other ones the issue numbers escape me,(early-mid90's) but they were really old school. i tried scouring supermanhomepage looking for it, for they had a synopsis, but i didnt have hours to spare, but polaris was bat shit insane once again and superman tried to stop him, and he lashed him with an EMP that gives him a proper mind f ****, something along the lines of a super duper migraine and it also did something to his super hearing IIRC

the problem with this is
IT'S NOT BELIEVABLE!

you could be either lying, misinterpreting, or greatly exaggerating the comics.

You must show proof

Why has no one but you seen this. I mean I've read a hell of a lot of superman comics but never remember seeing the things you are talking about. Maybe I missed it (but I doubt it).

snoopdogg
Originally posted by h1a8
the problem with this is
IT'S NOT BELIEVABLE!

you could be either lying, misinterpreting, or greatly exaggerating the comics.

You must show proof

Why has no one but you seen this. I mean I've read a hell of a lot of superman comics but never remember seeing the things you are talking about. Maybe I missed it (but I doubt it). He's telling the truth about ACT #827. But he's leaving out the part where Superman was not fighting back.

OneDumbG0
Also for anyone who wants to know if Supes can speedblitz Mags before he gets his shield up read this:

I hope this helps

First lets assume that superman generates a constant force as he travels all his might (since He doesn't get stronger when using all his might). This means he should have a constant acceleration.
If superman can fly to jupiter in about 3 minutes. Then he can travel about 4.2AU (This is the closest distance jupiter and earth can be and 1AU=93000000 miles or 93000000x5280ft) in about 3 minutes. So d=.5a t^2 (assumming beginning distance and velocity are zero)which implies that a=2d/t^2= 22,915,200,000ft per sec^2. But t=sqrt(2d/a)=.000004sec if d=20ft
Thus if they start 20ft from each other then superman can cover this in .00004 secs (or 4 hundred-thousandths of a sec). Where as a 600mph bullet can cover 20ft in .023 sec (t=d/r).
So superman can cover a distance of 20ft over 540times faster than that of a bullet.
Man that is fast. His speedblitz rules.
So Supes definitely can speedblitz him before a shield. This is absolutely incorrect. Please refer to the thread you originally posted this equation in. I posted three CLEAR examples FULL OF CONTEXT, where it is seen that although Superman can eventually reach faster than light speeds, he cannot do so from a dead start. In other words, you assume that the moment Superman decides to, he can immediately attain these superspeeds. He cannot. If he could, he wouldn't have let people be executed by gunfire in Superman #208. Superman hears the bullets being fired and flies off to save them. They were in the same city and he couldn't reach them in time, "He specifically states, sometimes being faster than a speeding bullet isn't enough." It involved people being killed and there's no way you can chalk that up to him holding back his speed. In 'Sacrifice,' he would have blown away the entire castle when he hit Wonderwoman going at those kinf of speeds in 'Sacrifice,' but only blew out windows (indicates mere sonic boom and therefore supersonic speeds). He was not holding back against what he thought was Doomsday in the slightest. And MOST ON POINT, in Superman #217, he would have saved Jimmy much quicker, in fact instantaneously, in a comic that explicitly states he was not holding back his speed but it takes him the entire length of a conversation. You can track exactly when Superman decides to accelerate from hearing his signal watch, to how much dialogue runs by, to when he saves them including an in-depth caption analysis of how he IS NOT holding back any speed whatsoever, even though it might devastate his surroundings.

Point is, from a deadstart, Superman does not end battles with 'speedblitz.' You only assume he can accelerate at a constant rate because you expect it to be so. But it is clearly not. The same way a car covers a distance of 1 mile in one minute, you cannot assume from that fact alone what the car's acceleration rate was at all stages of travel. You assume 60 mph from start to finish. He may have gone 70 mph at one point, he may have started at 5 mph at the very start. Most likely, the point at where he starts, he's peeling rubber on the pavement and inching very slowly and only gets up to 60 mph after 5-8 seconds given high-end sports cars. You simply don't know and you SHOULD NOT assume. The examples I posted CLEARLY show that he cannot attain the speeds you posted from a dead start. Not only this, but I can reconcile this with all the other so-called speed feats he has shown.

Let this signal the death of 'speedblitz' as we know it. At best, Superman from a deadstart can do a 'supersonic blitz.' Now, if he were to get a headstart, that's a different story, but your post has weaknesses and assumes too much. Read the references I posted and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. In fact, everyone here at KMC ought to see those references and make up their own minds. 'Speedblitz' is overrated. For a lengthy discussion and debate with several opponents full of scans and comparisons, refer to pages 5-8 in this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362166&perpage=20& amp;highlight=magneto+hulk+doom+superman+userid%3A
77143&pagenumber=5

Stop the madness.

h1a8
This is absolutely incorrect. Please refer to the thread you originally posted this equation in. I posted three CLEAR examples FULL OF CONTEXT, where it is seen that although Superman can eventually reach faster than light speeds, he cannot do so from a dead start. In other words, you assume that the moment Superman decides to, he can immediately attain these superspeeds. He cannot. If he could, he wouldn't have let people be executed by gunfire in Superman #208. Superman hears the bullets being fired and flies off to save them. They were in the same city and he couldn't reach them in time, "He specifically states, sometimes being faster than a speeding bullet isn't enough." It involved people being killed and there's no way you can chalk that up to him holding back his speed. In 'Sacrifice,' he would have blown away the entire castle when he hit Wonderwoman going at those kinf of speeds in 'Sacrifice,' but only blew out windows (indicates mere sonic boom and therefore supersonic speeds). He was not holding back against what he thought was Doomsday in the slightest. And MOST ON POINT, in Superman #217, he would have saved Jimmy much quicker, in fact instantaneously, in a comic that explicitly states he was not holding back his speed but it takes him the entire length of a conversation. You can track exactly when Superman decides to accelerate from hearing his signal watch, to how much dialogue runs by, to when he saves them including an in-depth caption analysis of how he IS NOT holding back any speed whatsoever, even though it might devastate his surroundings.

Point is, from a deadstart, Superman does not end battles with 'speedblitz.' You only assume he can accelerate at a constant rate because you expect it to be so. But it is clearly not. The same way a car covers a distance of 1 mile in one minute, you cannot assume from that fact alone what the car's acceleration rate was at all stages of travel. You assume 60 mph from start to finish. He may have gone 70 mph at one point, he may have started at 5 mph at the very start. Most likely, the point at where he starts, he's peeling rubber on the pavement and inching very slowly and only gets up to 60 mph after 5-8 seconds given high-end sports cars. You simply don't know and you SHOULD NOT assume. The examples I posted CLEARLY show that he cannot attain the speeds you posted from a dead start. Not only this, but I can reconcile this with all the other so-called speed feats he has shown.

Let this signal the death of 'speedblitz' as we know it. At best, Superman from a deadstart can do a 'supersonic blitz.' Now, if he were to get a headstart, that's a different story, but your post has weaknesses and assumes too much. Read the references I posted and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. In fact, everyone here at KMC ought to see those references and make up their own minds. 'Speedblitz' is overrated. For a lengthy discussion and debate with several opponents full of scans and comparisons, refer to pages 5-8 in this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362166&perpage=20& amp;highlight=magneto+hulk+doom+superman+userid%3A
77143&pagenumber=5

Stop the madness.

Im not surprised!

The only thing that separates a person from knowing physics is their lack of understanding of acceleration and force.

VELOCITY (OR SPEED) DOESN'T EQUAL ACCELERATION!

That is one of the reason why people get F's in physics.

Definition:
Acceleration -the rate at which the velocity of an object is changing.

Velocity - the rate at which the position of an object is changing.

Fact 1:
Superman has a finite amount of energy within him to do work.

Thus if he is using his max force then the force he is using is constant.
Thus the acceleration is constant (not speed). Because force = mass x acceleration

Fact 2: A car will always have a constant acceleration on a evenly smooth road if one presses the pedal to the metal.
This is because the car is exerting a constant force.

If you still don't get it then don't worry. I will try to say it in more elementary way.

Superman's acceleration is the same means that
Superman's rate of speeding up (going faster and faster) is the same. That means he will increase his speed at a constant rate.

Thus my calculations as shown in the previous post shows that his max acceleration is 22,915,200,000ft per sec^2 (note the sec^2 is not the same as sec).
Note: This means that his speed will increase by 22,915,200,000ft/sec for every second that goes by. So in 0 sec he will be going 0ft/sec and after 1 sec he will be going 22,915,200,000ft/sec and after 2 sec he will be going twice as fast.

And with this acceleration (not speed) he can cover 20ft in .000004 sec.

Now the reason why he don't use his max acceleration often is obvious.
The writers don't want him to.

But one reason to rationalize this is:
Superman limits his max acceleration at short distances (less than interplanetary distances) because his reflexes are not great enough to discern when to stop. So he chooses to fly at the max discernable acceleration. Otherwise he will simply be out of control and kill someone.

manjaro
He's telling the truth about ACT #827. But he's leaving out the part where Superman was not fighting back. the point was to show what attacks superman was susceptible to, in fact in all instances supeman ended up beating him..as usual. i never intimated in any way thay polaris ever scored a victory, but he has disabled him. thats why i think magento could squeeze a couple of wins bcuz he's not bat shit insane like polaris is, and he doesnt leave room for his eneimes to recover cuz he's thier battling his other selves. and as far as "lying, misinterpreting, or greatly exaggerating the comics." there is no incentive for me to do that, for it is just lame. so I dont think you all should brand me as a liar bcuz i dont have the scans...well...thats rather insulting

OneDumbG0
Im not surprised!

The only thing that separates a person from knowing physics is their lack of understanding of acceleration and force.

VELOCITY (OR SPEED) DOESN'T EQUAL ACCELERATION!

That is one of the reason why people get F's in physics.

Definition:
Acceleration -the rate at which the velocity of an object is changing.

Velocity - the rate at which the position of an object is changing.

Fact 1:
Superman has a finite amount of energy within him to do work.

Thus if he is using his max force then the force he is using is constant.
Thus the acceleration is constant (not speed). Because force = mass x acceleration

Fact 2: A car will always have a constant acceleration on a evenly smooth road if one presses the pedal to the metal.
This is because the car is exerting a constant force.

If you still don't get it then don't worry. I will try to say it in more elementary way.

Superman's acceleration is the same means that
Superman's rate of speeding up (going faster and faster) is the same. That means he will increase his speed at a constant rate.

Thus my calculations as shown in the previous post shows that his max acceleration is 22,915,200,000ft per sec^2 (note the sec^2 is not the same as sec).
Note: This means that his speed will increase by 22,915,200,000ft/sec for every second that goes by. So in 0 sec he will be going 0ft/sec and after 1 sec he will be going 22,915,200,000ft/sec and after 2 sec he will be going twice as fast.

And with this acceleration (not speed) he can cover 20ft in .000004 sec.

Now the reason why he don't use his max acceleration often is obvious.
The writers don't want him to.

But one reason to rationalize this is:
Superman limits his max acceleration at short distances (less than interplanetary distances) because his reflexes are not great enough to discern when to stop. So he chooses to fly at the max discernable acceleration. Otherwise he will simply be out of control and kill someone. You seem to have a firm grasp of physics. But let me ask you this one simple question. A car has travelled 1 mile in 60 seconds. In other words, the car's average velocity or speed is 60 mph. Tell me the car's velocity/speed 1 second after the car hits the gas pedal. Your equation appears to allow for this. So please tell me. After I hear your answer, then I will respond.

batdude123
This is absolutely incorrect. Please refer to the thread you originally posted this equation in. I posted three CLEAR examples FULL OF CONTEXT, where it is seen that although Superman can eventually reach faster than light speeds, he cannot do so from a dead start. In other words, you assume that the moment Superman decides to, he can immediately attain these superspeeds. He cannot. If he could, he wouldn't have let people be executed by gunfire in Superman #208. Superman hears the bullets being fired and flies off to save them. They were in the same city and he couldn't reach them in time, "He specifically states, sometimes being faster than a speeding bullet isn't enough." It involved people being killed and there's no way you can chalk that up to him holding back his speed. In 'Sacrifice,' he would have blown away the entire castle when he hit Wonderwoman going at those kinf of speeds in 'Sacrifice,' but only blew out windows (indicates mere sonic boom and therefore supersonic speeds). He was not holding back against what he thought was Doomsday in the slightest. And MOST ON POINT, in Superman #217, he would have saved Jimmy much quicker, in fact instantaneously, in a comic that explicitly states he was not holding back his speed but it takes him the entire length of a conversation. You can track exactly when Superman decides to accelerate from hearing his signal watch, to how much dialogue runs by, to when he saves them including an in-depth caption analysis of how he IS NOT holding back any speed whatsoever, even though it might devastate his surroundings.

77143&pagenumber=5

Stop the madness.

Simply because you make all your posts a mile long, doesn't mean you're impressing anybody with your faulty logic. Seriously, get over yourself. You're not breaking any grounds with your posts and you're not 'opening people's eyes' as you might like to think you are.

Your knowledge of Superman's speed is built upon upon three instances, which tells me you don't read very much Superman.

Here, Lois is shot at by a gun AT POINT BLANK RANGE. Superman was clear on the other side of Metropolis AFTER the bullet was fired and he still caught it before it hit Lois.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupermanAC835.jpg

Get your garbage outta here, 'cause nobody's buying it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

PlasticMan411
Simply because you make all your posts a mile long, doesn't mean you're impressing anybody with your faulty logic. Seriously, get over yourself. You're not breaking any grounds with your posts and you're not 'opening people's eyes' as you might like to think you are.

Your knowledge of Superman's speed is built upon upon three instances, which tells me you don't read very much Superman.

Here, Lois is shot at by a gun AT POINT BLANK RANGE. Superman was clear on the other side of Metropolis AFTER the bullet was fired and he still caught it before it hit Lois.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupermanAC835.jpg

Get your garbage outta here, 'cause nobody's buying it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your still an idiot big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by PlasticMan411
Your still an idiot big grin

Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation are always necessities when insulting the intelligence of another.

Renetto
Can't post links but here you go.

His scream goes in all directions.

Renetto
And again:

Renetto
And one more:

BTW Sorry for triple posts.

h1a8
You seem to have a firm grasp of physics. But let me ask you this one simple question. A car has travelled 1 mile in 60 seconds. In other words, the car's average velocity or speed is 60 mph. Tell me the car's velocity/speed 1 second after the car hits the gas pedal. Your equation appears to allow for this. So please tell me. After I hear your answer, then I will respond.

Okay
distance covered=.5at^2 (since both intial distance and velocity are 0).

So a=2d/t^2=2(1 mile)/(60 sec)^2

= (1/1800)mi/sec^2

So Velocity after 1 sec = a x t

= (1/1800)mi/sec^2 x 1 sec

= 1/1800mi/sec or 2 mph

A faster way would be to note that since intial velocity is 0 then final velocity is 120mph since the average of the two is 60mph.

So in 1 sec, which is 1/60 of the total time, the velocity is 1/60 of 120mph which is 2mph.

OneDumbG0
Okay
distance covered=.5at^2 (since both intial distance and velocity are 0).

So a=2d/t^2=2(1 mile)/(60 sec)^2

= (1/1800)mi/sec^2

So Velocity after 1 sec = a x t

= (1/1800)mi/sec^2 x 1 sec

= 1/1800mi/sec or 2 mph

A faster way would be to note that since intial velocity is 0 then final velocity is 120mph since the average of the two is 60mph.

So in 1 sec, which is 1/60 of the total time, the velocity is 1/60 of 120mph which is 2mph. Now I will tell you why your reliance on your equation is absolutely wrong with regards to how you measure acceleration ability. Because in my head, I thought of a situation where I hit the gas and for one full second, I peeled rubber and the car did not actually move. The tires spun in place because they lacked grip, like a drag racing car whose tires smoke. Afterwards, during several seconds of my travel, I actually increased my speed to 80 mph to make up for the lost seconds of time at the start. Thusly, in such a situation, I still covered 1 mile in 60 seconds and such a situation is absolutely different from your predicted result.

Therefore, your reliance on the equation is faulty, because it is not an actual measure of what occurs at any given point during the travel. It only gives an average measure.

Soljer
Now I will tell you why your reliance on your equation is absolutely wrong with regards to how you measure acceleration ability. Because in my head, I thought of a situation where I hit the gas and for one full second, I peeled rubber and the car did not actually move. The tires spun in place because they lacked grip, like a drag racing car whose tires smoke. Afterwards, during several seconds of my travel, I actually increased my speed to 80 mph to make up for the lost seconds of time at the start. Thusly, in such a situation, I still covered 1 mile in 60 seconds and such a situation is absolutely different from your predicted result.

Therefore, your reliance on the equation is faulty, because it is not an actual measure of what occurs at any given point during the travel. It only gives an average measure.

Not that it has to do with your argument - but I'd like to point out that the equations CAN, in fact, be used to model an actual situation. You just have to take into account the rotational motion as well as the translational, and take into account the coefficient of kinetic friction time the normal force. Obviously, it will increase at a constant rate till the burned rubber is enough to grasp the pavement.

But....

Such a situation CAN be modeled with almost perfect accuracy using these 'worthless' equations.

PRAYERRUN
Ummmmm I've never been much of a science whiz myself but I'm gonna say that since Magneto can effect the Magnetic field around him and yank out the Iron in people's blood, that he does the same to Superman. Just a redneck here, but I do think that Superman would have Iron in his diet if he ate human food.stick out tongue

manjaro
in fact superman's blood is more iron rich than a normal human

doctorstrongbad
in fact superman's blood is more iron rich than a normal human

This would make him weaker to Magneto's attacks. Magneto should eb able to win this fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
This would make him weaker to Magneto's attacks. Magneto should eb able to win this fight.

Assuming that Magneto can get past his Bio-aura force field.

Or manipulate the hell out of it.

Magneto could win this pretty easily if not for the speedblitz, which I still can't see Erik reacting to.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Soljer
Not that it has to do with your argument - but I'd like to point out that the equations CAN, in fact, be used to model an actual situation. You just have to take into account the rotational motion as well as the translational, and take into account the coefficient of kinetic friction time the normal force. Obviously, it will increase at a constant rate till the burned rubber is enough to grasp the pavement.

But....

Such a situation CAN be modeled with almost perfect accuracy using these 'worthless' equations. Truth be told. Such equations can be used to model actual situations, but without the extra information: grip of the tires, design of tire tread patterns and the diffusion of force across them, air resistance, temperature effects on rubber erosion, temperature effects on the pavement, and a myriad of other things, the equation he posted on its own can only be used to give an average measure and never a definitive measure.

PRAYERRUN
Well it's true that if superman can get fast enough to break the magnetic power that Magneto would inflict on him, then he MIGHT be able to turn around and knock Mags out of the game.....but he had better keep up the speed cause I'm not really sure just what the top level of power IS on Mags.

Avalonofthewind
Superman wins. The options available to him that are over Mags are overwhelming.

Besides simple speedblitz, there are full force heat vision, Freeze breath, and Sonics.

Superman could simply fly into space and fry mags, KO him with Blackbolt like sonic accuracy, toss the entire continent they are on with mags on it to the sun, make Mags the bubblegum center of a massive glacier...etc.

Soljer
Truth be told. Such equations can be used to model actual situations, but without the extra information: grip of the tires, design of tire tread patterns and the diffusion of force across them, air resistance, temperature effects on rubber erosion, temperature effects on the pavement, and a myriad of other things, the equation he posted on its own can only be used to give an average measure and never a definitive measure.

True, true. And it's a given. I'm just saying that it IS possible to represent MUCH more complex systems, assuming you CAN take certain unknowns into account.

That's all. smile.

h1a8
Now I will tell you why your reliance on your equation is absolutely wrong with regards to how you measure acceleration ability. Because in my head, I thought of a situation where I hit the gas and for one full second, I peeled rubber and the car did not actually move. The tires spun in place because they lacked grip, like a drag racing car whose tires smoke. Afterwards, during several seconds of my travel, I actually increased my speed to 80 mph to make up for the lost seconds of time at the start. Thusly, in such a situation, I still covered 1 mile in 60 seconds and such a situation is absolutely different from your predicted result.

But it is extremely close (sometimes within several significant figures) to the actual in many situations. Thus making many things in physics negligable.
So since superman doesn't spin his tires when he starts to fly and has shown to take flight instantly countless times then my estimate is still pretty accurate.

What you mentioned was good though. Static friction>=kinetic friction.
But in many cases in physics , this difference is negligable (sometimes 0)and virtually makes no difference in the actual measurements.

spidey-dude
since superman is the man of steal magneto should be able to control his body right ? big grin

BradBalboa
supes wins without even relizing hes done anything smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.