Lucifer Morningstar vs. HOM Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who the f*ck wins?

Thanos_THOTU
I will have to go with Lucifer, Wanda may be at prime mutant level.
But nothing compared to Lucifer.

Mr Master
Lucifer wins.

He Created a Universe.

Wanda only Remade one.

In order:

1. Create

2. Remake

3 Destroy

UniOmni
But, didn't he require the power of Micheal to do so?

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Mr Master
Lucifer wins.

He Created a Universe.

Wanda only Remade one.

In order:

1. Create

2. Remake

3 Destroy
You can also see it this way:

Mxyzptlk destroyed all realities (Omniverse)
Wanda could have destroyed the Omniverse (Chaos Wave).

So they are about equal.
However, Lucifer is second only to Yawhew:

Presence/Yewhew > Lucifer >> Mxy = Wanda (chaos wave)

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by UniOmni
But, didn't he require the power of Micheal to do so?
Nope, he didn't require.
Yewhew just forced him to make it in the old way.
So he had to use Michael's (Yewhew's power)- powers.

I think it was stated that he could have created it without him.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
You can also see it this way:

Mxyzptlk destroyed all realities (Omniverse)
Wanda could have destroyed the Omniverse (Chaos Wave).

So they are about equal.
However, Lucifer is second only to Yawhew:

Presence/Yewhew > Lucifer >> Mxy = Wanda (chaos wave)

On Mxy's best day he wouldn't defeat a Chaos Wave Wanda.

And Mxy destroyed a Multi-verse NOT an Omni-verse.

Thanos_THOTU

I am pretty sure it said: All alternate dimentions and universes.
It was only he and the paper left . . . And of course, Bat-mite

leonidas
seems a chaos wave wanda is a non-wanda from all i've seen. since she can't control the wave, why do we keep counting it as a seeming part of her powerset?

even if she did somehow unleash the wave in a battle with someone, it was counterable, and the release of the wave didn't even wipe out everyone in 616 so why would it destroy someone she was battling face-to-face?

if we make things up and arbitrarily GRANT her 'wave powers' i guess we can have this discussion, but since (as far as i can tell) there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence that she consciously started the wave and that it wasn't simply a result of her tampering (a by-product of her REAL powerset) i just don't understand all this wanda-the-omniverse-destroyer talk.

erm

juggernaut66666

World's Funniest Mr mxy treated Spectre like an idiot.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
World's Funniest Mr mxy treated Spectre like an idiot.
1. Worlds funnest.

And what did classic Beyonder and Molecule man do to the Living Tribunal? -- Treated him like an idiot.

Mr Master
Originally posted by leonidas
the wave, why do we keep counting it as a seeming part of her powerset?

Because Wanda generated the Wave.

and the release of the wave didn't even wipe out everyone in 616 so why would it destroy someone she was battling face-to-face?

meh,

but it did destroy countless Universes

"Your Dimension is a Cancer, bringing DEVASTATION to BRANES (Universes) ALL ALONG the SIDEREAL STRING"
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/305/b6mj8.th.jpg
"Sparing Yours condemns the REST"

Had it spilled into 616, there would have been NO WAY to Stop it.

Right before the Breach was sealed:

"Do it ROMA, For ALL OUR SAKES, Do it Now" (and the're in OTHERWORLD, FAR from 616)
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/1188/h5ay0.th.jpg

Had the Chaos Wave entered through the RIFT, the OMNI-VERSE would have been OBLITERATED into CHAOS

but since (as far as i can tell) there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence that she consciously started the wave and that it wasn't simply a result of her tampering (a by-product of her REAL powerset)

Please, not you Leon, the waters between us have only been recently cleared.

This sounds eerie familiar.

"a by product of her powerset" you say, where did you read that?

If you can show me one instance where it is even hinted, that the Chaos Wave came about on it's own, I'll agree.

Until then, even Roma didn't know.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1543/rtg2.th.jpg

The only hint we have as to how the Wave existed is this:

"a trans-temporal Tsunami. ORIGINATING from Earth 616" (where Wanda is)

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7540/sc7qm2.th.jpg

i just don't understand all this wanda-the-omniverse-destroyer talk.

Your gonna have to take this up with the writers of HOM, since they came up with the idea.

leonidas
meh,

but it did destroy countless Universes

but NOT 616. doesn't that imply that the wave came from somewhere OTHER than wanda -- i mean other than emanating DIRECTLY from wanda's person? if it came 'right out of wanda', like, say, a hex bolt, surely the first thing it would have destroyed would have been everything in the area immediately around her THEN escalated out into the multiverse.

Please, not you Leon, the waters between us have only been recently cleared.

This sounds eerie familiar.

"a by product of her powerset" you say, where did you read that?

If you can show me one instance where it is even hinted, that the Chaos Wave came about on it's own, I'll agree.

Until then, even Roma didn't know.

'fraid they're about to get muddied again. big grin civilly this time, i hope. smile

in any event, you sort of shot down your OWN case while shooting at mine. i will freely admit that this is speculation on my part, (because once again, no CONCLUSIVE evidence supports either interpretation) but how can your view be any less speculatory when you yourself showed a scan stating roma herself didn't know where the wave came from? were it as simple as -- the wave came from wanda' wouldn't roma have KNOWN that? she (or her omniversal cronies) seemed to believe that it emanated from the 616 and so felt wiping out 616 ('genocide') would stop the wave. does it not follow that if they thought it was from wanda, that they would suggest just wiping out wanda?

true enough, but hardly conclusive in and of itself. that was also where wanda was wreaking havoc. i'm just not sure how you can be so seemingly certain that the wave came right from wanda when:

(a) nothing AROUND her was affected by its alleged release yet it 'destroyed universes'

(b) nothing ON PANEL says it CAME from wanda, but rather says it came from 616 where she was AND where she was remaking and tampering with reality

(c) even ROMA wasn't certain where it came from. and here it seems to me it would have been easy enough for her to know if it came from one single person as roma et al., are hardly stupid or uninformed beings.

(d) roma (or one of the omniversal gang) wanted to wipe out ALL the 616 to stop it -- not just wanda.

be clear -- i'm not categorically dismissing your view. just that from ALL the scans i've seen on this issue, it seems there is at least as much (and more imo, which is why i see it differently than you do) 'circumstantial proof' to say the wave was a by-product of her tampering as there is 'circumstantial proof' that the wave came directly from her. erm

Mr Master
but NOT 616. doesn't that imply that the wave came from somewhere OTHER than wanda -- i mean other than emanating DIRECTLY from wanda's person? if it came 'right out of wanda', like, say, a hex bolt, surely the first thing it would have destroyed would have been everything in the area immediately around her THEN escalated out into the multiverse.

Good point, but why would Wanda destroy herself?

I think she subconsciously didn't allow it to wipe out 616 immediately.

And before you jump into, then why was it going to enter 616 in the end:

This is from HOM #1
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8919/1du9.th.jpg

The more Wanda Remade the Universe, the less she cared about Reality, because as X says, "she was losing her grip on Reality"

By the time the Wave reached 616, HOM was one issue away from finishing.

'fraid they're about to get muddied again. big grin civilly this time, i hope. smile

No, please,

you're a great debater, and you most certainly do not need to succumb to anyone's opinion around here, and to tell you the truth, I like your ideas, speculations, theories and sensible truths.

in any event, you sort of shot down your OWN case while shooting at mine. i will freely admit that this is speculation on my part, (because once again, no CONCLUSIVE evidence supports either interpretation) but how can your view be any less speculatory when you yourself showed a scan stating roma herself didn't know where the wave came from?

Ey,

I did say "the only HINT we have", I never made anything concrete.

were it as simple as -- the wave came from wanda' wouldn't roma have KNOWN that? she (or her omniversal cronies) seemed to believe that it emanated from the 616 and so felt wiping out 616 ('genocide') would stop the wave. does it not follow that if they thought it was from wanda, that they would suggest just wiping out wanda?

Roma said, "the localized effects are so severe, I am unable to ascertain the cause"

So there was a reason behind her ignorance, or was that Wanda messing with her head? (speculation)

true enough, but hardly conclusive in and of itself. that was also where wanda was wreaking havoc. i'm just not sure how you can be so seemingly certain that the wave came right from wanda when:

Well Wanda wasn't exactly wreaking havoc, she was only Re-creating that Reality.

(a) nothing AROUND her was affected by its alleged release yet it 'destroyed universes'

I addressed this above.

(b) nothing ON PANEL says it CAME from wanda, but rather says it came from 616 where she was AND where she was remaking and tampering with reality

Hey that's what I said.

(c) even ROMA wasn't certain where it came from. and here it seems to me it would have been easy enough for her to know if it came from one single person as roma et al., are hardly stupid or uninformed beings.

There was a reason behind her ignorance as I said.

(d) roma (or one of the omniversal gang) wanted to wipe out ALL the 616 to stop it -- not just wanda.

Well only because Roma didn't know exactly where it was coming from except that it did Originate in 616, where Wanda is.

be clear -- i'm not categorically dismissing your view. just that from ALL the scans i've seen on this issue, it seems there is at least as much (and more imo, which is why i see it differently than you do) 'circumstantial proof' to say the wave was a by-product of her tampering as there is 'circumstantial proof' that the wave came directly from her

Fair enough.

leonidas
Good point, but why would Wanda destroy herself?

I think she subconsciously didn't allow it to wipe out 616 immediately.

And before you jump into, then why was it going to enter 616 in the end:

This is from HOM #1
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8919/1du9.th.jpg

The more Wanda Remade the Universe, the less she cared about Reality, because as X says, "she was losing her grip on Reality"

By the time the Wave reached 616, HOM was one issue away from finishing.

was the wave released at the time of that scan? when did readers find out that the wave was actually present? could you tell me what issue? i have hom proper, but not all the xovers i'm afraid . . . i'm also not sure exactly how that scan supports your case. how did you come to the idea that the wave would reach 616 from that scan? were mags and x even AWARE of the wave's existence?

smile

thanks. the topics you tend to . . . revolve around are interesting and allow for lots of open-ended thought. they're generally fun topics.

fair 'nuff.

hmmm . . . maybe. seems like wanda craeted some kind of crazy . . . 'reality storm' for lack of a better term, and roma wasn't able to see through the fog. for that reason, we can't really say for sure HOW the wave came about. i don't think we've seen the last of this whole hom scenario though, so perhaps your idea will be born out in the future. for now, imo either theory is equally valid.

laughing out loud

gotta disagree there, and point to your own quote above: "the localized effects are so severe, I am unable to ascertain the cause"

sounds like she was wreaking a whole LOT of havok to me. big grin

that's all i was after. smile

Mr Master

Mider999
forgive me for putting my two cents in but thats just stuipd for marvel to make ONE MUTANT strong enough to destroy the omniverse and how can it destroy the omniverse isnt even the real world part of that thats just dumb.

leonidas
having just read the WHOLE hom series discounting the xovers (up til now i'd only read bits and pieces of a few issues) i find it interesting that nowhere in the series itself (1-8) is the wave even MENTIONED. to me, this just adds to the idea that wanda herself may have been completely unaware of the wave and the omniversal effects of her altering reality. is there a xover issue where she is SHOWN to be aware of the wave? she seemed like she wanted to make everyone happy -- creating the wave is hardly in keeping with that. if it DID emanate from wanda, it seems to me she had no idea. that, or it was a HUGE side-effect of all her re-creations.

reading it over, i was also wondering about the EXTENT of her alterations. wolverine after all was able to see through the world she created on his own. doesn't that say that she didn't REALLY "fundamentally alter" the 616 universe? she seemed to fulfill wishes using prof x as a means of determining those wishes and a strong enough mind (or a screwed up enough mind in wolvie's case) was able to see through her "illusory" creation. had she fundamentally RE-CREATED things, doesn't it follow that all the characters' histories would ACTUALLY have changed? as it stood, it was more like she OVERLAID the TRUE reality with a DREAMWORLD and (again with x's help, presumably) erased/rewrote everyone's memory. impressive still, but for some reason NOT exactly what i was expecting.

more impressive was her globally wiping out the mutant powers, but even there it was hinted that she didn't 'really' just eliminate their powers. those powers seem to exist in someway, somewhere, maybe in a different form? the ending was . . . odd. erm

Mr Master
reading it over, i was also wondering about the EXTENT of her alterations. wolverine after all was able to see through the world she created on his own. doesn't that say that she didn't REALLY "fundamentally alter" the 616 universe?

You read to quickly my friend,

Wolverine didn't see through anything.

The only reason Wolvy was able to see that Reality was Re-arranged, was because Wanda gave all of them thier heart's desire.

What was Wolvy's desire?

To know his PAST, and in knowing his PAST, he realized that the Present had changed "fundamentally"... because well... he remembered the Past.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3315/wanda19kr3.th.jpg

leonidas
You read to quickly my friend,

Wolverine didn't see through anything.

The only reason Wolvy was able to see that Reality was Re-arranged, was because Wanda gave all of them thier heart's desire.

What was Wolvy's desire?

To know his PAST, and in knowing his PAST, he realized that the Present had changed "fundamentally"... because well... he remembered the Past.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3315/wanda19kr3.th.jpg

hmm, that IS an interesting point. did you just put that together or did you read that? wolvie himself states that apparently his 'heart's desire' was to be 'nick fury'.

i like your explanation. i'm just wondering where you came up with it. smile

juggernaut66666
edit

leonidas
maybe it is written on the scan that Wolverine always wanted to know his past only with different words

are you referencing a PARTICULAR scan? like i said, wolvie himself stated in HOM it was apparently his wish to be nick fury. i only read the series proper though, so i may well have missed something as relates to wolverine's 'real' (?) wish.

leonidas
guess we can disregard your post then, juggs? confused

juggernaut66666
are you referencing a PARTICULAR scan? like i said, wolvie himself stated in HOM it was apparently his wish to be nick fury. i only read the series proper though, so i may well have missed something as relates to wolverine's 'real' (?) wish.
I think the "all I ever wanted" part is pretty persuasive

leonidas
I think the "all I ever wanted" part is pretty persuasive

embarrasment

my bad. you know, i glanced at the scan but thought it was a DIFFERENT scan so didn't read it through.

umm, yeah, that was REALLY stupid on my part . . . sad

clearly that DOES explain away how he was able to see through the alteration . . .

thanks for clarifying. even if i was too dense to grasp it immediately. erm

juggernaut66666
embarrasment

my bad. you know, i glanced at the scan but thought it was a DIFFERENT scan so didn't read it through.

umm, yeah, that was REALLY stupid on my part . . . sad

clearly that DOES explain away how he was able to see through the alteration . . .

thanks for clarifying. even if i was too dense to grasp it immediately. erm
No prob .

Mider999
next they wll give wolverine cosmic powers and every time he slashes something a universe dies BEWARE OMNIVERSE WOLVERINE PRIME LIVES!

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Mider999
next they wll give wolverine cosmic powers and every time he slashes something a universe dies BEWARE OMNIVERSE WOLVERINE PRIME LIVES!

God like Wolverine has been and gone dude. no expression

LordGod
Lucifer wins.

He Created a Universe.

Wanda only Remade one.

In order:

1. Create

2. Remake

3 Destroy cosigned. thumb up

Lucifer stomps.

deft
Lucifer wipes her out the existence

Mr Master
smile ~~> At the necro bump,

but ... laughing out loud at quoting my ignorance nearly 15 yearS ago to reply to it now.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by LordGod
cosigned. thumb up

Lucifer stomps. laughing out loud

SquallX

Mr Master
... facepalm

at quoting my ignorance nearly 15 yearS ago to reply to it now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.