Superman vs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
Scenario is this: Superman comes to Marvel Universe earth.

He has decided that's it for the alternate Earth, and sets up a tournament for people to come try and stop him. If he isn't stopped, he will hurl the Earth into the sun.

Matches are 1v1 versus any hero / villain that is currently present on Marvel Earth, nobody else (so eliminates Silver Surfer, Odin, etc.).

Who would be able to stand up to him to stop him that's located on Marvel Earth?

Rules: There is presently no Kryptonite on Marvel Earth, and the sun provides the same sustenance that the DC sun provides. Superman is considered fully charged. No hero or villain will have any prior knowledge of Superman for the purpose of this fight. Anybody who rises to the challenge has one hour's worth of prep before the fight.

tyranus
3 words:
bone clawed wolverine

Entity
Xavier
The End

ExtraMision5555
Dr. Strange casually approaches superman and banishes him to the farthest reiches of space

batdude123
Originally posted by Entity
Xavier
The End

Xavier. Right.... laughing

Entity
Originally posted by batdude123
Xavier. Right.... laughing

Xavier makes him forget he was ever superman.
How can he stop that?

Galvaclaw
By being very resistant to psychic powers.

PRAYERRUN
hehe that's not fair.......

and I guess the one that everybody would love to see is Hulk vs Superman.....this time with no interference or time limit.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
hehe that's not fair.......

and I guess the one that everybody would love to see is Hulk vs Superman.....this time with no interference or time limit.

well

theirs an extremely length thread you can read

endrict
THOR

batdude123
Xavier makes him forget he was ever superman.
How can he stop that?

By speedblitzing him before Xavier can even make a conscious thought and exploding his brains on his fist. smile

Entity
How he is not from Marvel he wouldn't have a clue Xavier has this power and Xavier can make the whole world sing and dance at the same time if he was willing so theres no way Max Lord is a more powerful telepath than the professor.

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
well

theirs an extremely length thread you can read

Really? where?

batdude123
How he is not from Marvel he wouldn't have a clue Xavier has this power and Xavier can make the whole world sing and dance at the same time if he was willing so theres no way Max Lord is a more powerful telepath than the professor.

If he can resist Despero's mind control at least for a while, he can resist Charles enough to will through and punch Xavier's brains out. Also, everybody gets common knowledge of their opponents. smile

Validus
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/Bzemo.png

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus

Correct.

Lets watch Zemo scatter Superman across space and time.

ExtraMision5555

really? isint he the guy ni new warriors? err
not new warriosr

whats taht group

ahhh

the group with Swordsmen in it

those guys

wtf

the ultiamtes

is taht him
?

PRAYERRUN
another one could be Juggernaut.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Really? where?

on this thread somewhere, ahh
ide find it for you but the serach feature is a tad difficult in this thread for some reason

Validus
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
really? isint he the guy ni new warriors? err
not new warriosr

whats taht group

ahhh

the group with Swordsmen in it

those guys

wtf

the ultiamtes

is taht him
?
The Thunderbolts

His recent victories over Genis-Vell and the Grandmaster pretty much cement him as THE person to beat on Marvel Earth.

Accel
What's he doing in Civil War any way? I haven't been keeping up with Thunderbolts, so I was surprised when I saw Songbird in the group of villains in CW #4

Entity
So he gets to have knowledge of ALL the heros of Marvel earth but None of them get Any of him.

Yep sounds like a superman BS fight!

And if it were that easy for him to stop a telepathic attack then WHY could the stop Max from having him attempt to kill WW???

ExtraMision5555
The Thunderbolts

His recent victories over Genis-Vell and the Grandmaster pretty much cement him as THE person to beat on Marvel Earth.

Yeah lol
ultiamtes?
oops

hahaha but i didnt know he was that powerful

i thought he was just street level, i actually didnt start reading Thunderbolts till civil war started
last i read they were confronting captain america

was it him that confronted cap?

The Pict
Leap Frog stomps him, Oh Yeah!

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
What's he doing in Civil War any way? I haven't been keeping up with Thunderbolts, so I was surprised when I saw Songbird in the group of villains in CW #4
He and the Tbolts captured all those guys and gave them over to the Pro Reg side I believe. Right now the Tbolts are doing their own thing with Grandmaster.

H. S. 6
Sentry would give Supes a hell of a fight. Dr. Strange flicks a wrist and the match is over. Baren Zemo (as stated) can take him down.

Darth_Erebus
Sersi turns Superman into a rabbit and feeds him to her pet python.

Darth_Erebus
Deleted, double post.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Sersi turns him into a rabbit and feeds him to her pet python.

I thought Superman was resilient to transmutation?

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Kutulu
I thought Superman was resilient to transmutation?

Resistant maybe, but not immune. Besides, Sersi has a vast array of abilities and powers. She can maniopulate energy as well as matter. She gets an hour prep, what's to stop her from converting another substance to kryptonite, other than the thread condition. While she's not NORMALLY as strong as Supermna she can psioniacally amp her strength to one shot the likes of Immortal hercules, that makes her strong enough to take on Superman, she can unleash powerful cosmic energy blasts. All in all, she's much more versatle and even more invulnerable than Superman is, she takes him down.

A side note, current Superman isn't powerful enough to "throw the earth into the sun".

Darth_Erebus
I should also mention, Sersi is a powerful telepath anc could easily get inside Supermans head.

Kutulu
Resistant maybe, but not immune. Besides, Sersi has a vast array of abilities and powers. She can maniopulate energy as well as matter. She gets an hour prep, what's to stop her from converting another substance to kryptonite, other than the thread condition. While she's not NORMALLY as strong as Supermna she can psioniacally amp her strength to one shot the likes of Immortal hercules, that makes her strong enough to take on Superman, she can unleash powerful cosmic energy blasts. All in all, she's much more versatle and even more invulnerable than Superman is, she takes him down.

A side note, current Superman isn't powerful enough to "throw the earth into the sun".

I've seen scans of Superman holding a black hole, my understanding was that he was strong enough to move the Earth.

For the purposes of this thread, the people he is fighting have no knowledge of his abilities and weaknesses. So nobody is going to manufacture kryptonite before the match. If someone has the ability to spot his weakness to kryptonite and create it during the match, then that would be a different story.

mighty adam
king hyperion

gladiator no pis

doom with 1 hour perp kills him

reed from fan4 with 1 hour perp kills him

dr strange kill him

squirrel girl shifty

Faceman
Quasar

Soljer
I'm a fan of the "Doctor Strange simultaneously erases Superman from ALL realities."

golem370
How about Quantum- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_%28comics%29

Priest
Strange with a hour of prep evil face

tkitna
Sentry

Soljer
Originally posted by Priest
Strange with a hour of prep evil face

Strange could do it without an ounce of prep - are you insane?

lando005
marvel wins everyone forgot about the hour of prep someone from marvel steps up to challange and i gurantee in that 1 hour prep time the telepaths from marvel would have read his mind like an open book giving reed enough time to manufacture a special rifle that fires out a radiation blast that's like a combination of kryptonite, red solar energy and majic combined then gives it to whoever's challangeing sups (probably sentry)

Endless Mike
Considering he is threatening to throw the earth into the sun, that means he is Pre - Crisis (since he was only that strong Pre - Crisis, and he was also that evil Pre - Crisis).

So it will be tough.

Darth_Erebus
I've seen scans of Superman holding a black hole, my understanding was that he was strong enough to move the Earth.

For the purposes of this thread, the people he is fighting have no knowledge of his abilities and weaknesses. So nobody is going to manufacture kryptonite before the match. If someone has the ability to spot his weakness to kryptonite and create it during the match, then that would be a different story.

Those scans had to be pre crisis, current Superman just isn't that powerful. You didn't specify pre crisis when you started the thread. Simply stating Superman, and not onne of his other more powerful incarnations means current Superman, not pre crisis, and Sersi doesn't need kryptonite to take care of him.

PRAYERRUN
It seems to me that the only people I can think of that might beat superman one on one would be those that could shut off his mind. (i woiuldn't mind seeing a superman vs ultron fight though.)

I watch Pokemon
Those scans had to be pre crisis, current Superman just isn't that powerful.

It was a miniature black hole, and it was Post-Crisis Superman.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7940/supesblackholejla77rm0.th.jpg

Kutulu
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
It was a miniature black hole, and it was Post-Crisis Superman.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7940/supesblackholejla77rm0.th.jpg

A black hole only 1 cm in diameter would have the mass of the Earth. That black hole from the scan looks to be 5 times that amount. So 5 planetary masses.

NiņoAraņa
why do you keep changing the conditions...aka, giving superman an edge? confused

Darth_Erebus
A black hole only 1 cm in diameter would have the mass of the Earth. That black hole from the scan looks to be 5 times that amount. So 5 planetary masses.

Lol, quit making up figures. Black hole masses depend on a lot of factors, how big the original star was before it collapsed, how much matter it has absorbed afterwards, lots of things, as with any celestial body size to mass can vary. Almost all of post crisis Superman's showings indicate he's not capable of moving the earth. Pre crisis could do that...... but that's one of the reasons they got rid of him, all the absurdly stupid powers for what should at best be a herald level character.

Kutulu

Kutulu

Ultraman Baltan
http://florence.ghibellini.free.fr/obscur/galactus/Thanos02.jpg

mighty adam
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlNtGzQTBAY look lol he would kill supes

Darth_Erebus

manorastroman
i hate anti-wiki's. it's constantly being cleaned up, and according to NPR it's as accurate as the encyclopaedia brittanica. and only getting more so.

on topic, sentry/thor/zemo/strange

Kutulu
Consider the source. Wikipedia is hardly written by experts. Anyone can make entries on it. I'd like to see scans of current Superman doing something akin to moving the earth.

It also seems clear that no matter what anyone says you will refuse to accept that Superman can lose. You would've been in great company on this board about 6 months ago.

I'm not a superman fan, far from it. The fact is though that on-panel feats were shown of Superman holding a black hole that would have been the equivilant mass of 5 planet Earths.

Your excuse on Wiki is pretty sad. I have read astronomy books and the general consensus is that the Schwartzchild radius of a black hole with the mass of earth is one cm cubed. Wikipedia isn't wrong on that one. You also refuse to point any counters to the wikipedia entry; you simply exclaim that it is wrong without saying why, or how, therefore if you are saying something is wrong without showing a proof of why, then it discredits your argument.

Big Sexy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/Bzemo.png That'll do it. And giving him prep is asking for an asskicking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.