musings on Teague Sparrow...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Johnny made a comment in an interview that his father Teague was the only person who could put Jack Sparrow in his place.

This has got me thinking. what exactly is his father there to do?

Are they meeting at the pirate council, or somewhere else?

Is he there to tell Jack to leave Elizabeth alone?

Or to help Jack turn Tia back into Calypso?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm getting very excited though, because the scenes will contain Jack, Liz and Teague, but no Will. SO at least that means a good portion of movie 3 will have liz/jack time. smile

mmoviejunkie
i dont think that he'll tell jack to leave liz alone, if its true love why would his father not want his son to have it?

i'm not sure what he'd be there for, turning tia back into calypso sounds like a good thought

also, idk remember who said this, either jack davenport or orlando said in a interview that keith is the only person who can put johnny in his place on set, so i think thats kind of funny how its the same in both real life and in the movie-it makes it more real

tee_pirategirl
wow cool..I think he'll get jack to confess to liz. no let me correct myself..as his father I HOPE he'll get jack to confess his true feelings to lizzie.

katelovespirate
hahaha i know that would be sweet... Jack is like "Lizzie, please meet your future father in law... ooops, i mean, please meet my dad."

mmoviejunkie
lol, that would be funny!

Surreal_44
I thought I heard somewhere that Teague shows up to threaten people? Or to threaten the situation? I wonder what that would mean.

mmoviejunkie
really? thats interesting...

Surreal_44
I think I read it in a magazine, but for the life of me I don't recall which one. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm so old...the other day I picked up a paper and pen to write myself a reminder...and immediately forgot what the reminder was supposed to be. Just you all wait, it'll happen to you too.

mmoviejunkie
lol,
oh well, its still interesting...is that all it said?
maybe he's demanding something from the council?

evilm0nki3
hmmm

I have no ideas..

Nothing...

no

Mistypirate
I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember reading somewhere that Jack killed his father. If this is true maybe he is going to be in some kind of purgatory. I hope that anyone can clarify this for me.

katelovespirate
woah, jack killing his dad? definately never heard that before.

i think i was picturing more of an Indiana Jones type thing... like, they had a falling out at some point, and Jack's dad is the only one who can control that wild child...

but considering it is keith richards, his father cannot really be a steadying influence on his life.

i wonder if we'll get the backstory with jack's mom/ how they ended up pirates.

i also heard wierd rumors that tia had had an affair with jack's dad. that would be totally awkward, eh? i hope that one's not true. but it would explain how jack and tia knew each other.

but is this whole sequence in the middle of the film, or more toward the end?

and are they going to turn it into a "jack also has to save his dad from something" idea? and thats why he goes after the fountain of youth or something? i'm confused there.

Mistypirate
I really like that idea of Jack's daddy having an affair w/ Tia. That would be interesting. That really would explain something, although I doubt it was Jack that had something to do w/ Tia.
I really hope the don't turn it in to a Jack has to save his daddy thing. I would be kind of repeating what will is doing w/ Bootstrap. IMO that would be stupid.

Oh by the way here is the link where it says that Jack killed his father.

http://www.silklantern.com/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=2215

I don't know if this is reliable or not.......hope not.

katelovespirate
hmmm... interesting site, but the details were for the most part made up. especially about jack's history and age. i think it was constructed for a role-playing game.

so i dont think he killed his father.

keith said that he "shows up at the end to threaten everybody". interesting.

mmoviejunkie
yeah it was a RP, but i thought the song was funny:

'Rum, rum, rum,
Rum, rum, rum,
Lots and lots of Rum.
Rum, rum, rum,
Rum, rum, rum,
I'll drink to meself and the sun'

Mistypirate
Lol yes that song is quite funny. I didn't read the part where it says its all made up. But thats good. I wouldn't picture Jack killing his dad. Unless he is as bad ass like DJ.

mmoviejunkie
yeah,
but even so, i still couldn't picture jack killing his dad, i would think that he would cut off contact w. his dad if he was bad

anyways i knew it was fake reading it 'cause they didn't meation when he worked for beckette

but i was upset to find the song was fake 'cause i could see jack doing something like that...it would have been really funny if he really made it up-lol

Swann&Sparrow
Haha, that's wierd. And I thought Jack's dad was Grant Sparrow. Hm, wierd.

Anyways, I think that Jack would have a heart to heart with his daddy, not like the Unuich and Bootstrap, A REAL HEART TO HEART. Then Jack would accedentally blab about Elizabeth and his daddy would be like, "Did you get her pregnat?!" LOL, and Jack would get all defensive.

That would be funny, but I really think his daddy might convince Jack that he needs something more than just a ship in his life. And I hope Jack will listen, but it's more Elizabeth that needs the convincing.

Maybe he'll have a talk with Elizabeth and tell her how different his son seems to act around her and so on and so forth. Stuff like that.

Would be fun...no?

mmoviejunkie
lol, i think it would be fun.

grant is his name teague is just his nickname

Swann&Sparrow
Oh, no wonder. I...see.

You know what, a while ago I saw a few things in the IDMB {or something or other, don't remember the real acronim}. People were saying that Elizabeth's name was Elizabeth Turner in the page for POTC AWE, but I went to it and it says Elizabeth Swann.

Are people seriously making fake websites to promote EW or did IDMB make a mistake, or..............did they FIX a give away?

PirateDiva
Since the scenes involve Jack, Liz and Teague, maybe Jack and Liz are in the middle of a fight and there's tension with the way they interact with each other, Teague sees actions of passion...that they both long for each other but both are to stubborn to admitt it to each other, constant bikering between them and then finally Teague calls Jack out and says something like, Jack stop acting like you dont want her, u long for her as much as she longs for you...it's just obvious...stop being stubborn and tell her how u feel!!!....lol...I Know wishful thinking again!!! but hey there's a reason why Will isn't in the scene!<--well if the rumors are true!

Swann&Sparrow
Maybe Jack and Elizabeth are talking at the railing of a ship, like they do most often {UNLIKE THE UNUICH BECAUSE HE CAN'T CONNECT WITH HER!} and they are just talking about what will happen if they make it past the fight with the EITC.

Like Elizabeth would be talking about how she'll go back to corsets and etiquites, and Jack could see the dreading expression on her face even though she would try to hide it. Then Grant would sorta like come up behind Elizabeth so only Jack would know he's there, and maybe mouth something like....I dunno......kiss her...

LOL, and he kisses her and she gives in! Well a girl can dream, right?

willofthewisp
I think his dad would support a relationship between Jack and Liz. Jack and Liz are so similar, peas in a pod, but I have a feeling his dad might see a little bit of Jack's mom in her. You would have to be a little bit adventurous and a little bit pirate to be married to Keith Richards and have Johnny Depp for a son. I think Jack and Liz together would remind him of his own past.

savvysparrow
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Johnny made a comment in an interview that his father Teague was the only person who could put Jack Sparrow in his place.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm getting very excited though, because the scenes will contain Jack, Liz and Teague, but no Will. SO at least that means a good portion of movie 3 will have liz/jack time. smile

GREAT QUESTION!

It's hard to fit all the rumors into a coherrent theory about who Teague Sparrow really is and why he's significant. Especially since Jack started his life as a respectable merchant trader for the East India company. As it's been stated, that particular position demanded something of an education, which means that his family was more than likely a wealthy one.

My friend and I developed a random theory today. On the DMC website, one of the trinkets you can collect is a necklace that's similar to Tia Dalma's that is worn by Jack in the game. In the explanation of the trinket it states the the necklace once belonged to a Spanish heiress, became a symbol of ownership and thievery. Our question was, why would Jack have the necklace that supposedly matches the necklace that Davy Jones has?

We've long surmised that it was possible that Teague Sparrow did not start off life as a pirate either. Like Governor Swann, he may have gone off searching for Jack, and became a pirate on the way.

The story that we wove around the necklace scenario involves Jack's mother, Teague and Tia Dalma. We surmised that it's possible that Jack's mother was of noble birth (hence the education), and that Teague was in fact a pirate. In order to woo Jack's mother, Teague stole the necklace from Tia Dalma to give to Jack's mother , the Spanish heiress. Jack inherrited the necklace, decided to return it to its rightful owner, and that is how it is that he and Tia Dalma met

We were trying to figure out why it was that Jack did not start life as a Pirate, and how it is that his father has essentially been absent from the rest of the series. If Jack's father is a member of the betheren (which are they all live members?) It's possible that he was lost at sea, and that his mother would have encouraged Jack not to become a pirate because of the dangers and the lack of morality.

It's all guess work and I'm sure there are spoilers out there to rip holes through our sails, but it explains an awful lot. So to answer one of your questions. It's possible that Teague is there to remind Jack of what happens when an aristocratic woman marries or loves a Pirate. You're right in assuming that he'll serve some purpose, besides the 'look it's Keith Richards' factor.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by katelovespirate

Yea those are good questions. Either he will tell Jack to leave Elizabeth alone because he's a pirate and shes the governors daughter. OR, which is my personal favorite theory of mine, Teague will tell his son to pursue his dream on getting the girl whom he loves. And its time to settle down but for a good cause. Its important to love and be loved by your one and truely soulmate.

I might be exagerating a bit lol but it could be possible.

MorganMason
I have heard a backstory about Jack (cannot remember where, was it a junior novel or something else disney ??) that he was born on a pirate ship in a hurricane or tropical storm. Anyone else heard that? Maybe when we meet Jack's dad we will learn about that too. Have enjoyed the posts lately too...thanks. Happy Dance

Chiki Mina
dammit i can never find the disney comics of jacks early life. Where can you find those online???

MorganMason
I've never seen a disney comic, only heard of them. I wish I could find them.

CaptinJackLover
they had a magazine with a bunch of them..i belive it was disney adventures...but i didnt get to buy it sad and Jack didnt look like himself...personally i was sort of scared of him when he looked that way

Chiki Mina
its suppose to be a comic jack as a teenager. I have no idea.

CaptinJackLover
well then he aint a very good looking one...lol

Chiki Mina
did u see it lol i havent

mmoviejunkie
i saw it when i was at the store in line one day, it looks okay

also at this party store they have like plates and cups and napkins with jack and will on them-scary 'cause its cartoons and will just looks distrubing while jack is bad but still better than will

Chiki Mina
im going to bed gurlies...im falling asleep on my keyboard lol. nighties xoxo KEEP THE FAITH.

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
did u see it lol i havent

yeah...ots sort of disturbing..wow i never thought id be saying that about my love lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.