Dr. Doom vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
Dr. Doom wants to conquer the earth, but has Superman to worry about.(for the sake of this one, we'll say that Dr. Doom and Superman know all about each other but have never met.) He decides that the only way to conquer earth completely is to take on some krypton technoligy...meaning the fortress of Solitude. He takes his entire army and heads for the area where it's supposed to be...and of course Superman see's him coming. Can supes stop him?

golem370
Does Doom know Superman's vulnerabilities??

Tshern
No. He knows everything about him, but that doesn't include flaws.

golem370
Well Superman wouldn't just wait for Doom to arrive but I Doom is using his magic abilites he could win.

Gypsy Magic: Doctor Doom has some potential in using the Roma (Gypsies, not to be confused with the character of Roma) magic of his mother. He learned to weild the ability from his time with a Secret order of Monks in Tibet. He is considered by the Sorcerer Supreme (Doctor Strange) to be proficient, but only a mid-level mage. He is proficent enough in the mystics arts to do various things, such as fire blasts from his hands and create forcefields, invoking mystical entities (principalities) for additional support, ensnare foes in bands of energy (the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak), and create portals to other planes of existence, such as Mephisto's hellish realm or the Dreamtime of the Australian Aborigines. but considers his scientific prowess and knowledge to be more important.

Mystical Blasts
Mystical Force-Fields
Invoke Entites.
Mystical Ensnaring
Mystical Portals

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by golem370
Does Doom know Superman's vulnerabilities??
I think Dr. Doom is one of the few villians that could beat superman without needing it. I wonder if Supes COULD stop him if Doom DID know.....

hawkeye111
superman wins

Soljer
Originally posted by hawkeye111
superman wins

laughing

Sub_Mariner
Doom doesn't need to know, he would attack him with magic, then realise it owns him. Doom then owns Supes ass. Doom 9/10.

lando005
if doom already knows about sups desnt matter if he knows the weaknesses or not doom will own him, no i know a superman fanboy (probably batdude) will come in here ranting superman wins: speedblitz but they always forget one thing here this is superman the guy who always trys to lecture he opponets heads off he will try to lecture doom and doom shall make him fall in 3 diffrent ways either koing him, absorbing his powers, or doing a mind swap with him (yes he will make eye contact with doom long enough) or while sups goes to see to his army he has all the doombots to deal with trying to fine the real doom who's already broken into the fortrisse and has reprogramed it to obey him

PRAYERRUN
Dude..you're good lol.

lando005
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Dude..you're good lol.
thankyou good thread idea

PRAYERRUN
I've always thought these 2 would fit together. Doom wanting to take over the world and having all that power, and Superman the (ahem) savior of Earth. Shoot....they should make them arch enemies.

Sub_Mariner
I've always thought these 2 would fit together. Doom wanting to take over the world and having all that power, and Superman the (ahem) savior of Earth. Shoot....they should make them arch enemies.

Not really, as soon as Superman trys to touch Doom, he gets a face full of magic. sad

lando005
doom is what luthor wants to be when he grows up

OneDumbG0
Doom's full army and tech? He'd send a whole bunch of Doombots first and be miles away. Doombots would analyze Superman's abilities and strength capacity. It wouldn't take Doom long to realize that tech isn't going to do crap to him and he wouldn't be able to overpower him. Doom would go straight to magic and pwn Superman.

Originally posted by lando005
doom is what luthor wants to be when he grows up What a great line.

Doom 9/10

Avalonofthewind
Superman can have an army of Superman robots and has tons of alien weaponry. The fortress can also put up an inpenetrable forcefield.

He banishes them all the phantom zone.

Unless, I read that wrong and DOOM already has Superman's fortress.

In that case Doom wins.

lando005
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman can have an army of Superman robots and has tons of alien weaponry. The fortress can also put up an inpenetrable forcefield.

He banishes them all the phantom zone.

Unless, I read that wrong and DOOM already has Superman's fortress.

In that case Doom wins. ooor not

Avalonofthewind
ooor not

?

hawkeye111
dr. doom's magic is nothing superman hasn't faced before and triumphed against.

also his doombots are weaker than the superman robots + krypto.

lando005
Doom already knows about sups he probably hase files on him bigger than this forum by the time he moves against him he would have already had 3 or 4 plans on how to take him down

hawkeye111
could you elaborate on what his plans are?

lando005
could you elaborate on what his plans are? i cant tell you exactly what he would be thinking but seeing how he now s of sups he'ld would have cooked up a way to steal his powers for one set up a trap to capture him or set something up to distract him from defending the fortress, banish him to another demnetion, depower him, swap bodies with him, so on and so forth

OneDumbG0
dr. doom's magic is nothing superman hasn't faced before and triumphed against.

also his doombots are weaker than the superman robots + krypto. First off, Doom's used the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak in a comic before. He learned it from Dr. Strange. No way Superman could break out of those. Seeing how his strength is useless against them, Doom would immediately discover his susceptibility to magic. He'd then proceed to burn him to ashes with magic hellfire ftw. Or he'd enchant his gauntlets and beat him to death. Whatever.

Second, his Doombots would only be used to analyze the extent of Superman's power and therein lies his victory. Because Doom would very easily see that he could not match Superman with raw power. He'd resort to magic, not technology.

Superman's only win could happen if Doom let his pride get in the way and tried to man up on Superman without using his weakness to magic. Certainly possible. But I haven't seen Doom not press an advantage or sneaky underhanded trick ever. He never manned up against Thing, Surfer, Beyonder or anybody. If he saw a weakness he seized it. Then again, his pride has always been his downfall and I'm sure Superman could eke out at least one win.

Doom 9/10

tiakocom
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
First off, Doom's used the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak in a comic before. He learned it from Dr. Strange. No way Superman could break out of those. Seeing how his strength is useless against them, Doom would immediately discover his susceptibility to magic. He'd then proceed to burn him to ashes with magic hellfire ftw. Or he'd enchant his gauntlets and beat him to death. Whatever.

Second, his Doombots would only be used to analyze the extent of Superman's power and therein lies his victory. Because Doom would very easily see that he could not match Superman with raw power. He'd resort to magic, not technology.

doom is the man...a sick crazy bas****, if he has any info on supes this fight is pointless supes gonna be doom's lapdog Happy Dance Happy Dance

hawkeye111
all of those plans have probability appealing to them.
in a neutral situation, they still cannot stop superman's speed, his t-vo, and the fortress's defenses.

lando005
all of those plans have probability appealing to them.
in a neutral situation, they still cannot stop superman's speed, his t-vo, and the fortress's defenses. still wont stop doom from succeeding even if it's only a temp win and sups make some kind of comback the odds are in doom's favor that he's going to posses the fortress for atleast an hour or so

and this is a neutral situation

batdude123
First off, Doom's used the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak in a comic before. He learned it from Dr. Strange. No way Superman could break out of those. Seeing how his strength is useless against them, Doom would immediately discover his susceptibility to magic. He'd then proceed to burn him to ashes with magic hellfire ftw. Or he'd enchant his gauntlets and beat him to death. Whatever.

Kind of like how Namor broke out of them? laughing

hawkeye111
still wont stop doom from succeeding even if it's only a temp win and sups make some kind of comback the odds are in doom's favor that he's going to posses the fortress for atleast an hour or so

and this is a neutral situation

since this battle wont stop until doom wins, what happens if doom dies?

leonidas
Dr. Doom wants to conquer the earth, but has Superman to worry about.(for the sake of this one, we'll say that Dr. Doom and Superman know all about each other but have never met.) He decides that the only way to conquer earth completely is to take on some krypton technoligy...meaning the fortress of Solitude. He takes his entire army and heads for the area where it's supposed to be...and of course Superman see's him coming. Can supes stop him?

yes. if he simply charges in, he'd lose.

Horrificus
Doom's army would probably have a Doom-look-a-like in it's midst.

People keep saying how smart supes is, but I can easily see him falling for this. If Doom has been able to outsmart the Beyonder, Mephisto and Reed Richards, he can outsmart Superman.
While Supes is dealing with, or even trying to reason with fake-Doom and his army, Doom somehow finds a way to get to the Fortress, or take control of Supes, shunt him into another dimension, use his own powers against him, bring a character that Supes has had troublebeating, etc, etc.
If it can be done, Doom would do it. That is the difference between the "Doom-Type" of character, and the more one dimensional types.
Where AbsorbingMan, for instance, will just use his absorbing powers, Doom will use a wide variety. Anything to win. Not just his armor, or magic.

lando005
since this battle wont stop until doom wins, what happens if doom dies? i dont see doom dying anytime soon they're always doombots that kick the bucket

lando005
Originally posted by Horrificus

People keep saying how smart supes is, but I can easily see him falling for this. If Doom has been able to outsmart the Beyonder, Mephisto and Reed Richards, he can outsmart Superman.
While Supes is dealing with, or even trying to reason with fake-Doom and his army, Doom somehow finds a way to get to the Fortress, or take control of Supes, shunt him into another dimension, use his own powers against him, bring a character that Supes has had troublebeating, etc, etc.
If it can be done, Doom would do it. That is the difference between the "Doom-Type" of character, and the more one dimensional types.
Where AbsorbingMan, for instance, will just use his absorbing powers, Doom will use a wide variety. Anything to win. Not just his armor, or magic.
ditto yes

hawkeye111

superman has visual and auditory powers to realize he is dealing with a fake doom. instances where he doesnt neglect his full powers and have pis.

also, if doom can bring in people, why cant superman?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by batdude123
Kind of like how Namor broke out of them? laughing Not totally unexpected. But what does that have to do with Superman? Namor's super-strength isn't negated by magic. You trap Superman in magic bonds and his strength won't break them. Same way as his super-durability won't save him from a simple enchanted knife. Happy Dance

BTW, when did Namor break out of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak? That's a mean feat. I remember Dr. Strange saying they were unbreakable as long as they were properly enchanted. BTW, was that the spell Dr. Strange used on Namor in 'New Avengers: Illuminati' or something else? Looked crimson to me and looked like it was binding Namor.
superman has visual and auditory powers to realize he is dealing with a fake doom. instances where he doesnt neglect his full powers and have pis.Dr. Doom would never send himself among the Doombots. He always sends his Doombots first. Hell, nearly all of the FF's initial fights with Dr. Doom were with Doombots and Dr. Doom was never really there in the first place. Like I said, Doombots would be used only to gauge Superman's powers or as a distraction. That's how Doom always uses his Doombots.

hawkeye111
doesnt superman get prior knowledge and thus know that tactic?

OneDumbG0
I thought they only got basic knowledge. Didn't the OP say that Dr. Doom would generally know Superman's abilities, but not his weaknesses like magic, red sunlight and kryptonite? If Superman gets to know about Doom's Doombot tactic, then its only fair that Dr. Doom knows about Superman's weaknesses, and then... pfft... game over, Doom ten times out ten completely.

Soljer
Not totally unexpected. But what does that have to do with Superman? Namor's super-strength isn't negated by magic. You trap Superman in magic bonds and his strength won't break them. Same way as his super-durability won't save him from a simple enchanted knife. Happy Dance

BTW, when did Namor break out of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak? That's a mean feat. I remember Dr. Strange saying they were unbreakable as long as they were properly enchanted. BTW, was that the spell Dr. Strange used on Namor in 'New Avengers: Illuminati' or something else? Looked crimson to me and looked like it was binding Namor.
Dr. Doom would never send himself among the Doombots. He always sends his Doombots first. Hell, nearly all of the FF's initial fights with Dr. Doom were with Doombots and Dr. Doom was never really there in the first place. Like I said, Doombots would be used only to gauge Superman's powers or as a distraction. That's how Doom always uses his Doombots.

I do believe that Long Pig detailed Namor's breaking out of the bands only due to Strange utterly losing concentration - not due to Namor's strength.

snoopdogg
If Superman knows that Doom knows his weaknesses Supes will adjust.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Soljer
I do believe that Long Pig detailed Namor's breaking out of the bands only due to Strange utterly losing concentration - not due to Namor's strength. And here I thought I might have overestimated the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Nice to know that I didn't.
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If Superman knows that Doom knows his weaknesses Supes will adjust. Errr. My reply to that would be that if Superman knows that Doom knows his weaknesses and adjusts, than Doom would know that Superman knows that Doom knows his weaknesses and would counter-adjust...

Oh crap, but then Supes would know that Doom would know that Supes would know that Doom would know of Supes' weaknesses and Supes would counter-counter-adjust!

Shite, but then certainly Doom would know that Supes would know that Doom would know that Supes would know that Doom would know of Supes' weaknesses and Doom would then just counter-counter-counter-adjust... sick

Long story short, I'm pretty sure that OP said they only got basic knowledge, which didn't include weaknesses. Hence, the above babble is meaningless.

snoopdogg
Yea but it's not fair to give Doom prep and not Superman. Supes has some nice resources in the fortress.

In a fight with just their "normal" tactics Doom goes down.

Soljer
Yea but it's not fair to give Doom prep and not Superman. Supes has some nice resources in the fortress.

Wait...did you just say it's not fair to give Doom prep against a hero of Superman's level?

What the f**k??!?

Are you fugging serious?!

OneDumbG0
First off, the OP said that Doom wants Krypton tech so he takes his army and tech over to Superman's Fortress of Solitude. So if you think its unfair, argue with the OP or go start a new thread. Tough noogies.

And just for sh1ts and giggles, how would a fight with "normal" tactics happen? Give me a summary for amusement's sake.

snoopdogg
First off, the OP said that Doom wants Krypton tech so he takes his army and tech over to Superman's Fortress of Solitude. So if you think its unfair, argue with the OP or go start a new thread. Tough noogies.

And just for sh1ts and giggles, how would a fight with "normal" tactics happen? Give me a summary for amusement's sake. You know what? If I took this seriously I might take your offer of sh!ts and giggles.

But obviosly it would be pointless on both sides.

lando005

how is this not fair this is a neutral situation they both only have basic knowledge of each other as if they both belonged to the same univers that doesnt mean they're gonna spend all their time preping against one another, the way this fight is set up is kinda like a real comic doom come up with a world domination scheem that involves the fortress so ofcourse doom would plan accordingly superman doesnt know what's comeing all he knows is that he's suddenly under attack by doom and so he goes of to ward him off

and just so u know that whole "it's not fair" line sounds like borderline childish whineing nothing against u that's just what it sounds like

Horrificus
superman has visual and auditory powers to realize he is dealing with a fake doom. instances where he doesnt neglect his full powers and have pis.

also, if doom can bring in people, why cant superman?

I am going by previous showings. Supes wouldprobably not think he needs any help.

And, Holy Crap! If you are really going to try to use his senses as an argument against supes being tricked by Doom.
You had better have an entire day to go over the giant list of times that superman has been fooled.
That is not a good arguement.

Horrificus
how is this not fair this is a neutral situation they both only have basic knowledge of each other as if they both belonged to the same univers that doesnt mean they're gonna spend all their time preping against one another, the way this fight is set up is kinda like a real comic doom come up with a world domination scheem that involves the fortress so ofcourse doom would plan accordingly superman doesnt know what's comeing all he knows is that he's suddenly under attack by doom and so he goes of to ward him off

and just so u know that whole "it's not fair" line sounds like borderline childish whineing nothing against u that's just what it sounds like

In a world where Doom knows Superman exists, and that there may, eventually be a confrontation, I say Doom already has prep for Supes.

lando005
In a world where Doom knows Superman exists, and that there may, eventually be a confrontation, I say Doom already has prep for Supes. i agree

PRAYERRUN
Yeah but you guys are forgetting something...Superman knows about Doom too. that means that he's probably prepared himself for Doom too.

MattDay
yea melt him with his heat vision... dr. who???

PRAYERRUN
And here I thought I might have overestimated the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Nice to know that I didn't.
Errr. My reply to that would be that if Superman knows that Doom knows his weaknesses and adjusts, than Doom would know that Superman knows that Doom knows his weaknesses and would counter-adjust...

Oh crap, but then Supes would know that Doom would know that Supes would know that Doom would know of Supes' weaknesses and Supes would counter-counter-adjust!

Shite, but then certainly Doom would know that Supes would know that Doom would know that Supes would know that Doom would know of Supes' weaknesses and Doom would then just counter-counter-counter-adjust... sick

Long story short, I'm pretty sure that OP said they only got basic knowledge, which didn't include weaknesses. Hence, the above babble is meaningless.

dang that's a lot of knowlede dude lol. I think I need an asprin lol.

complexbrother

Thats it.....cut, print, end of thread !!
http://www.clarity.net/~adam/images/misc/humor/animated_gifs/applause.gif

PRAYERRUN
hehe I can actually see Luthor looking up to Doom and trying on the costume for halloween....even as an adult. lol.

lando005
Yeah but you guys are forgetting something...Superman knows about Doom too. that means that he's probably prepared himself for Doom too. there is no real defence for doom i mean reed knows him better than any man on earth and he's still tricke out smarted and almost killed by doom if doom wants in he's getting in

lando005
doom is what luthor wants to be when he grows up that's it i'm copywriting this quote this is my catch phrase from now on

lando005
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.