Dead Man's Chest DVD bonus features

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

surfchikpir8fan
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh guys on da official disney dead man's chest site theres a section that tells whats on da bonus features, n nuffin is there bout deleted scenes theres a blooper reel again n stuff like that but no deleted scenes some1 plz tell me im wrong! heres da link - http://adisney.go.com/disneyvideos/liveaction/pirates2/main.html
wat do u guys think?

SparrowSwann
here's an article with quotes from Gore and Bruckheimer- it seems interesting and it mentions deleted scenes they want to put on the DVD, although it kinda seems they might not if they want to use the footage for AWE... i hope they do-

Early talk from director Gore Verbinski and producer Jerry Bruckheimer suggest that the DVD for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest could be loaded with extras.
In a story from Home Media Retailing, Bruckheimer has even spoke of specific scenes that could find their way to the eventual disc.
In regards to a dice game that Will (Orlando Bloom) plays with some ghosts, Verbinksi states, "There aren't really whole scenes that were omitted, but there are a lot of pieces of scenes and more information about characters."
" some wonderful stuff on Cannibal Island with Johnny , some very funny things that you just couldn't put in," Jerry Bruckheimer added.
According to the film's screenwriter Ted Elliot, there is footage that was excised because it was more pertinent to the third film in the franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
"It's all theory until you've got it in front of the audience," Elliot offered. "When we were actually looking at the movie, we didn't need that information in this movie."
Bruckheimer says there might even be a trailer for the third film on the DVD but that all depends on how much footage Verbinski has in the can. He guarantees that in addition to everything else the discs will feature many other behind the scenes offerings.
"We had a guy there most of the time," Bruckheimer stated. "I think we gave the assistant cameramen some video cameras or digital cameras, so there's a lot of material available. There was a documentarian that was following Gore around during the pre-production and the script phase of it, which has got some wonderful stuff. And information on decisions that were made on building the ships, not building the ships, where to build things, what to do, the twists and turns in the script ."

SparrowSwann
oh ya and i got this from movieweb- sorry i can't post links yet- and the article is dated to July 7th, 2006, which i guess could be a problem since they might have changed their minds...
and sorry to double post embarrasment big grin

Chiki Mina
interesting..maybe some deleted scenes from potc1 will also be added in AWE. Like the peas in a pod.

surfchikpir8fan
yeh that makes sense, if there were deleted scenes from dmc that were heavily related 2 awe, then it would be silly 2 put them da dvd cuz it would spoil something .......... hmph still not happy! theres noffin mentioned bout awe trailor either ........... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CANT TAKE DA SUSPENCE ANYMORE!

coolmovies
Its only a movie dear

PIRATES=SEX
hun for us in here pirates of the caribbean is not just a movie its so much more.welive and breathe to find out information.

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by PIRATES=SEX
hun for us in here pirates of the caribbean is not just a movie its so much more.welive and breathe to find out information. very beatifully said! i mean i UNDERSTAND it's a movie but can't people understand the word OBSESSION? it's sorta a diseas I'll admit but no diseas I wanna get rid of anytime soon why can't people get how deep this movie has effected us? it's gone beyond the point of just a movie hmmmmph...lol sorry i snapped didn't mean to it's just one of my bad days

willofthewisp
No deleted scenes? Talk about disappointment.

Chiki Mina
ppl...im sure they will be deleted scenes.lets take a chill pill por favor..

PirateDiva
Ya im sure there will be....god knows we live of those deleted outtakes...lol!!!

CaptinJackLover
im going to kill myself if there are no deleted scenes..Im not saying i belive ther wont be but if there int I WILL kill myself so have the suicide hotline ready! lol wink

Gravitation
HOW CAN YOU HAVE A MOVIE AND NO DELETED SCENES?!!!!!!

willofthewisp
I just know I really want them because they will give us a lot of clues just like the ones in COTBP did.

Chiki Mina
DAMN PPL CHILL FOR ***** SAKES!! There will be deleted scenes I gaurantee it. It wont make sense if they had COTBP deleted scenes and DMC doesnt. It wouldnt make sense. So there will be deleted scenes. Can we stop trusting the internet and wait for the damn dvd to come?

Ericadawn
On Wordplayer, they explained how there's only one true deleted sceneHere

I'm still hoping for extended scenes!

Gravitation
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
Can we stop trusting the internet and wait for the damn dvd to come?

But the internet is all we have for now.

surfchikpir8fan
god i feel horrible dis is da 2nd thread of mine dats turned in2 an arguement (sorta) lol but YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! only 1 month n bout a week 4 da dvd 2 come im vry vry vry vry vry vry happy+excited yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyy!

Gravitation
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dance

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Gravitation
But the internet is all we have for now.

Whats important to have is instincts and faith.

shannstar79
Whats important to have is instincts and faith.

now theres the truth of it!!!!!

evilm0nki3
Dead Man's Chest comes out November 15th in Australia!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-DEPP-DVD-NEW-PIRATES-OF-THE-CARIBBEAN-2- SEQUEL_W0QQitemZ280038939605QQihZ018QQcategoryZ415
21QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

surfchikpir8fan
HUZZAH! i ove living in australia damn tho looks like theres only 12 ah well ill just wait 2 realise date n get it from a da shops i dont trust buying stuff online lol!

Chiki Mina
I reserved my DMC dvd already

Mistypirate
Me to. At the Disney store right? big grin

Chiki Mina
nope suncoast we dont have disney store in Puerto Rico

Mistypirate
nope suncoast we dont have disney store in Puerto Rico

5 years ago I remember going to Plaza del norte mall, en Arecibo. And there was a Disney store there. The might had taken it out.

Chiki Mina
mentira....I did not know that. I live in Caguas. I only go to las catalinas and plaza las americas y carolina oo and plaza centro

Mistypirate
mentira....I did not know that. I live in Caguas. I only go to las catalinas and plaza las americas y carolina oo and plaza centro

Si de verdad I'm telling the truth, whenever you can, go to Plaza del Norte Mall en Arecibo. They did had a Disney store. When I talk to my friend that lives in Hatillo I will ask him if they still have the Disney store there

Chiki Mina
ask. Im very curios. ask please big grin whenever u can

evilm0nki3
we used to have a disney store a loooong time ago but they took it away...

i was very sad when they did. they had ...a mountain.. of stuffed animals...

it was great.

surfchikpir8fan
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! it does come out in all stores dat sell dvds on nov 5th im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy im happy! smile

sailorleo
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
Dead Man's Chest comes out November 15th in Australia!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-DEPP-DVD-NEW-PIRATES-OF-THE-CARIBBEAN-2- SEQUEL_W0QQitemZ280038939605QQihZ018QQcategoryZ415
21QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem bastards! (no offence to those aussie's out there) but it stil comes out on dec 5 for us americans?

surfchikpir8fan
I TAKE OFFENCE!

surfchikpir8fan
smile

willofthewisp
And what's sad is that some people won't actually get the dvd until Dec. 25....I know I put it on my Christmas list. It's worth the wait, though, isn't it?

surfchikpir8fan
yeh it is a good idea itll make ya feel proud on xmas day uv resisted da temptation of wating it 4 twenty days go willofthewisp!

willofthewisp
Well, that and I just haven't had an opportunity to see DMC more than once in the theater. Thank goodness for youtube so I can see the Jack/Liz scenes again and again to keep up with discussion.

johnnyforever
Guess what guys!? I FINALLY reserved my copy of DMC on DVD! And the best part is.... I reserved the Special Edition, 2-Disc DVD eek!! And I think I get a mail-in rebate on it, 'cause regular price is $26.99.

...eek!

a-k-a-amber
where can you reserve it?

johnnyforever
i reserved mine at Suncoast, but i'm pretty sure that every one is going to be reserving theirs. 'cause at the suncoast where i live, there were 45 people that have their copy reserved already. SO DO IT NOW!! laughing out loud

and i forgot to tell you all, SO LISTEN UP!!! i think that the deleted scenes are in the special edition dvd that i'm buying. I'M NOT SURE, but it's a possibility. so i would recomend to you all that you buy the Special Edition DVD k?

depending on where you live, it'll be around $30.00. but it's worth it! eek!

a-k-a-amber
will do need to check out Disney store....

johnnyforever
aww lucky you! the Disney Store where i live was shut down several years ago sad I DON'T KNOW WHY!! mad

johnnyforever
oh no! i just found out that the Special Edition disc for potc 2, WILL NOT include deleted scenes. crybaby anyway take a look for yourself. but first...

the following has been copied and pasted by johnnyforever, from www.marketwire.com. Viwer Discretion is advised. laughing out loud (that is for those of you who can't stand the thought of there not being deleted scenes for DMC!)

BONUS FEATURES

Single Disc Version:

-- Feature Film Presentation
-- Audio Commentary with Writers Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
-- Bloopers Of The Caribbean

Collector's Edition:
Disc 1

-- Feature Film Presentation
-- Audio Commentary with Writers Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
-- Bloopers Of The Caribbean

Disc 2

-- Charting The Return (Pre-production documentary)
-- According To Plan: The Harrowing and True Story of Dead Man's Chest
-- Captain Jack: From Head To Toe
-- Mastering The Blade: Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jack Davenport
-- Meet Davy Jones: Anatomy Of A Legend
-- Creating The Kraken
-- Dead Men Tell New Tales: Re-Imagineering The Attraction
-- Jerry Bruckheimer: A Producer's Photo Diary
-- Fly On The Set: The Bone Cage
-- Pirates on Main Street: The Dead Man's Chest Premiere

evilm0nki3
Aw... i love deleted scenes...

johnnyforever
down i know.

well look on the bright side! there' other.... stuff on there right? T...t...that's good isn't it?

yeah when you find out there's no deleted scenes, it makes everything else suck. sad

mmoviejunkie
yum-
captain jack-from head to toe!!

no deleted scenes huh?
thats shitty

and why isn't johnny apart of mastering the blade?!!?!?

evilm0nki3
Cause he's already a masterbig grin

evilm0nki3
Bloopers for Pirates 2:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/?action=view&current=PiratesoftheCaribbean2Bloopers.flv

mmoviejunkie
Cause he's already a masterbig grin

lol-but it still pisses me off how he's never in any extras-there was that commentary for the 1st on but that was boring as hell

evilm0nki3
I liked his commentary! lol

mmoviejunkie
lol, well i didn't get too far-so maybe i'll have to try it again

johnnyforever
Bloopers for Pirates 2:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/?action=view&current=PiratesoftheCaribbean2Bloopers.flv eek! how did you get the bloopers back! thank you for posting that 'cause i didn't want to download them!

i love you ninja

Chiki Mina
i think there are no deleted scenes bc there maybe scenes that could be mega spoliers for AWE...who knows.

shannstar79
Bloopers for Pirates 2:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/?action=view&current=PiratesoftheCaribbean2Bloopers.flv

THANK U THANK U THANK U laughing

TheOnes2
I got the dvd of PotC2, listening to the commentry, Gore says there are things cut for length. So maybe they are saving it for a 3 pack

Chiki Mina
^^hold up dude...isnt the dvd comming like in november for those in UK?

TheOnes2
Yes, but ive got it early. Unfortunatly, its the one disc. So all it has is the Movie, Bloopers and Commentry

shannstar79
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Yes, but ive got it early

wow
ok so tell us more, what else is on it
and how did u get it??
if I may ask

Chiki Mina
....hmmmm

TheOnes2
Originally posted by shannstar79
wow
ok so tell us more, what else is on it
and how did u get it??
if I may ask

I would tell you, but i am likely to be arrested. If you want, i can try and post segments of the commentry

shannstar79
dont want you to get arrested eek!
I would love for you to share whatever your willing to: you can even PM me if you would rather

TheOnes2
Ripping the commentry now.

Chiki Mina
shann...cant u wait till dec?

katelovespirate
omgsh are you serious??? the commentary is done?!?! you HAVE IT!??~ (flips out slightly)

shannstar79
shann...cant u wait till dec?

yes I can but i dont want to hehehhehe
I will wait if all of you want to wait its up to you girls
Kate? Chiki, Lovley, wanna wait or take a llisten
?

katelovespirate
i want a listen for pities sake! smile LOL. i am a bit spoiler crazy. can you tell? where is it?

shannstar79
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i want a listen for pities sake! smile LOL. i am a bit spoiler crazy. can you tell? where is it?
Ok I am in with ya
I am so ready smile

TheOnes2
Any specific scenes you want to hear the directors comments on or should i randomly select?

katelovespirate
the good ones. the kiss scene, the curiosity scene, the persuade me scene, the ending! smile

you are awesome

shannstar79
anything good about Jack and Liz? maybe the Kiss of death??

TheOnes2
Kate, what do you mean about the curiousity scene, elaborate please.

Im going to upload the Comments for the Kiss of Death, The start of the sword fight (as it really is in depth and helps explain the movie), The ending and the pursuade me

katelovespirate
awesome! YAYAYAYAY! *hugs theones*

the curiosity scene-- the scene that starts out with Jack proposing to Lizzie over a bottle of rum, and then they discuss their differences by saying the other is curious about the opposite lifestyle...

TheOnes2
awesome! YAYAYAYAY! *hugs theones*

the curiosity scene-- the scene that starts out with Jack proposing to Lizzie over a bottle of rum, and then they discuss their differences by saying the other is curious about the opposite lifestyle...

Ah yea i know now. I'll do that to

sailorleo
is there jack davenport commentary? i want that!

shannstar79
Originally posted by sailorleo
is there jack davenport commentary? i want that!

heehehhe I knew you would smile

Chiki Mina
since everybody is anxious might as well join in the anxioty...

TheOnes2
k people, give me between 20 min- 1 hour and it will be uploaded for ya

evilm0nki3
0o000 Yay!

Chiki Mina
*grabs peoples magazine and waits*

shannstar79
*grabs peoples magazine and waits*

your so funny laughing out loud

TheOnes2
Sigh. I converted the .vob's to .wmv, and theres no audio. So im putting them into .avi, so i can rip the video and the audio and merge them back into a compressed format easy for uploading

PirateDiva
Wow that sounded Complicated but u do what u need to do!! LOL...i'm just sitting her waiting!! LOL!!

evilm0nki3
Sounded very complicated lol

a-k-a-amber
wat r we uploading?

TheOnes2
Directors Commentry for some parts of PotC2

a-k-a-amber
oooooo okay....

katelovespirate
YAAYAY!! I am so excited... how comes it??? this is extremely exciting... sigh... smile

sailorleo
man i wish jackie poo was coomentating....i want mah norrie! infact he should just talk on behafe of the directors with his smexy voice *sigh*

Chiki Mina
*still waiting and almost finnish with reading peoples magazine*

PirateDiva
Tick TocK, TiCk ToCk!!! lol

Chiki Mina
*grabs Kinky Pirates Magazine with Jack Sparrow wearing a tiger skin underwear in the cover*

katelovespirate
guys, maybe this will tide you over:

quote from somewhere else...

I thought it was quite good. They don't give away anything major, but there are loads of little interesting things.

A few random points I remember (containing minor spoilers, I suppose):

* When Bootstrap first appears ("time's up"wink Jack is holding a broken bottle with sand pouring out of it. This was meant to symbolize an hourglass and the sands of time running out. I wonder why this never occurred to me.
* The Black Pearl lying on the beach wasn't actually there.
* Will's "Never mind, let's go" line from the trailer was actually a blooper. They wanted to use it in the movie, but the shot wasn't long enough.
* The other actors' reaction to the "I've got a jar of dirt" chant is natural. They had no idea what Johnny was going to do.
* Ted and Terry don't always agree about what the compass is pointing towards.
* The reason the compass doesn't work for jack is that "he wants Elizabeth, but he doesn't want to want Elizabeth".
* They describe the kiss of death as allowing Elizabeth to simultaneously "slake her lust and drown her guilt".
* When Norrington is about to appear for the first time Ted tells Terry to "Shut up, it's Jack Davenport!" Smile

Chiki Mina
the last line lost me.

And wonder why Ted Terry would argue about the compass.

sailorleo
guys, maybe this will tide you over:

quote from somewhere else...

I thought it was quite good. They don't give away anything major, but there are loads of little interesting things.

A few random points I remember (containing minor spoilers, I suppose):

* Will's "Never mind, let's go" line from the trailer was actually a blooper. They wanted to use it in the movie, but the shot wasn't long enough.
i knew it!!!!!!!!! i knew it!
* When Norrington is about to appear for the first time Ted tells Terry to "Shut up, it's Jack Davenport!" Smile AND HELL YEAH TED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance IT'S THE DAVENPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnyforever
yeah i noticed that! the part where, 'never mind, let's go'. and when i saw the movie i was, 'well where is it?' laughing out loud

and about the part, 'he wants Elizabeth, but he doesn't want to want Elizabeth', i get it now! that was always confusing to me!

hey, do you notice everytime you hear something about jack, or jack/lizzy, you're like, eek!! ......................or maybe that's just me.

Chiki Mina
is this dude ever gonna post that commentary thing?

johnnyforever
shrug i know it's aggravating, but maybe something came up, or..... shrug

johnnyforever
Hey! this is something to look for when we get potc 2 on DVD:

From IMDB.com:

Goofs: Crew or equipment visible: As Elizabeth is about to cuff Jack a crew member is clearly visible at the back of the boat. This is not an actor because all the characters had already abandoned ship.

LovelyOne
just a random question here..but on the disney site/game doesnt jack say something like "where are all the children?" on the island scene? I thought that was a really weird thing on that game at the time.

I'm wondering if that was part of what they cut out and was gonna be in the deleted scenes for the DVD or something but thought it might give away too much for movie 3??

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by LovelyOne
just a random question here..but on the disney site/game doesnt jack say something like "where are all the children?" on the island scene? I thought that was a really weird thing on that game at the time.

I'm wondering if that was part of what they cut out and was gonna be in the deleted scenes for the DVD or something but thought it might give away too much for movie 3??

What game are ou talking about?

OOOOOOOO Im such a turd! you're talking about the site/game the official site right?

Well I dont remember him saying about "children" in the movie itself. I find it odd.

ivebeendepped43
i just want the d***ed movie now! 2 weeks!!!

sparrobethroxmy
i think we are all consessive impulsive lol

Chiki Mina
The problem is that I cant get my movie the same day!! I have to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I have to study for my blasted finals!

ivebeendepped43
that sux. theres no way im waiting 4 christmas! im getting it the day it comes out! my madre is making me pay 4 it tho

Chiki Mina
well my padres are gonna get me the dvd anyways since my b-day is 5 days later the dvd comes out big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.