Is Superman above the top tier?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Really?

I mean, chances are hes beaten or stalemated your favorite character from DC, so long as its another hero.

His average from 99 to present has been pretty high, due to cockstroke, i mean Jeph Loeb writing.

He's been shown as probably the most competent hero in DC, next to Batman, Robin and the other Batbooks(Nightwing not included).

Do you think he's above the top tier?

Even if you don't feel its true, could you see how some might come to that conclusion?

All mainstream companies are game.

Galan777
Superman has, and always will have that all mighty plot device behind him. Is it really even possible for him to loose?

In DC I really dont see anyone under Spectre being able to beat Supes lol

Milkie
Thank God for Alex Ross

I like the way he views the DC Universe

No Hero is greater then the other... kinda...

golem370
Superman when all said and done is DC's earths Super Hero where Marvel has teams like Avengers Defenders X-Men Alpha Flight and others

PRAYERRUN
Yeah I kinda noticed that lol.

MattDay
superman is the superheroes hero, he fights to save people as well as other heroes, and to answer the question, he sort of dips between top tier to higher levels, when the moment strikes anyway, then he comes back down to top tier... that's about it

I watch Pokemon
In a couple of years Superman will surpass God. smile

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1875/analysisuh3.jpg

Sub_Mariner
no expression at the graph.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
no expression at the graph.

Its a graph, when are they ever wrong? smile Very good.

lando005
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1875/analysisuh3.jpg so true this is dc logic

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Do you think he's above the top tier?

No.

Even if you don't feel its true, could you see how some might come to that conclusion?
Sure, doesn't make them right but sure. Every top tier has above top tier feats. That's part of what it means to be top tier. They're the best of the best and in certain situations can do what nobody else can.

Soljer
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1875/analysisuh3.jpg

laughing

Too true.

DigiMark007
I think that we too often ignore the (very) occasional bad showings he has. Captain Marvel has equaled him, Hal has beaten him. Plenty of team-wreckers show up and Supes can't just plot-device his way through it (Darkseid being an unfortunate exception).

The jobber aura remains, but I think the embellishment-loving culture we have here on KMC has allowed us to aim a bit too much criticism at DC for their portrayal of Kal. He's supposed to be an unequaled brawler....so occasionally it's just him being written to form, though I won't deny that the shoddy writing and PIS still exist far too much.

Galan777
Originally posted by MattDay
superman is the superheroes hero, he fights to save people as well as other heroes, and to answer the question, he sort of dips between top tier to higher levels, when the moment strikes anyway, then he comes back down to top tier... that's about it

-Heres God-
-Heres Supes-

-Heres where the rest of DC continuity starts- roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supes is all DC earth really has, IMO this is why he will never be truly beaten..... which is crap!

Milkie
Captain Marvel should beat Superman everytime... no expression

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I think that we too often ignore the (very) occasional bad showings he has. Captain Marvel has equaled him, Hal has beaten him. Plenty of team-wreckers show up and Supes can't just plot-device his way through it (Darkseid being an unfortunate exception).

Too true. Listen to guys here and Superman has never had a bad day in life or if he has, theres a million excuses for it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Milkie

And twice on sundays.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Validus
Too true. Listen to guys here and Superman has never had a bad day in life or if he has, theres a million excuses for it.

The primary one being the fact that since the characters are fighting to the best of their abilities, that means that NO low showings count.

lando005
i just hered the guy immune to friggin kryptonite magic and red solar energy and now has telepathic powers as if he could get any crappier

batdude123

laughing

Nah.

batdude123
Originally posted by lando005
i just hered the guy immune to friggin kryptonite magic and red solar energy and now has telepathic powers as if he could get any crappier

I love it how when DC characters get a power upgrade, it's crap, but when it's a Marvel character, it's beautiful writing.

Milkie
Yah.

no expression

batdude123
Yah.

no expression

Not even close, slick.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by batdude123
I love it how when DC characters get a power upgrade, it's crap, but when it's a Marvel character, it's beautiful writing.

Supes wins another battle. The haters (Supes should just start rapping...even Jay Z hasn't had this amount of dedicated haters...) cry out in anguish.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/courtrecords2/animations/phoenix/ani-young-phoenix-cries.gif

Caps/Surfer/Iron man/Thor/Strange pull off something ridiculous. QUICKLY, shout it out to the world! It is testament!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/courtrecords2/animations/larry/ani-larry-grr.gif

Darth_Erebus
Superman and all of his endless incarnations are the most overrated, overhyped, lamest characters in comics.

Milkie
Not even close, slick.

What is your take on it?

5/10?

batdude123
What is your take on it?

5/10?

Something like that. Or w/ both using ALL of their powers.... Superman takes the majority.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes wins another battle. The haters (Supes should just start rapping...even Jay Z hasn't had this amount of dedicated haters...) cry out in anguish.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/courtrecords2/animations/phoenix/ani-young-phoenix-cries.gif

Caps/Surfer/Iron man/Thor/Strange pull off something ridiculous. QUICKLY, shout it out to the world! It is testament!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/courtrecords2/animations/larry/ani-larry-grr.gif

Surfer, Strange and Thor all have magic/plot devices in their favor.

Its not as hard to buy.

Superman being much more limited, makes it a harder sell.

Avalonofthewind
Surfer, Strange and Thor all have magic/plot devices in their favor.

Its not as hard to buy.

Superman being much more limited, makes it a harder sell.

The problem is, the character just can't win. Because on the same board that is asking whether Superman is ridiculously over-powered are a bunch of threads trying to prove that he can be beaten by half the population of either the Marvel or DC universes. If he can be beaten by the Hulk, the Ray, a bunch of mutants and a couple of characters I've never even heard of according to some members, then he's not over-powered.

If, on the other hand, he IS over-powered, then then most get punked within 0.7 seconds and all the 'versus' threads are pointless.

Milkie
Something like that. Or w/ both using ALL of their powers.... Superman takes the majority.

No

Marvel should take the majority...

Superman's other powers ICEMOUTH, HEAT EYES or whatever should have little effect on Marvel.

Validus
lol

UniOmni
Imo, he's not overpowered.

But he is overstroked. As a character.

He's(imo) not as powerful as Surfer, Thor, Strange,GL, and many more.

But he's overused by many writers at times. He's not a swiss army knife type character.

His powerset is straightforward, and isn't vague at all, except for his bioaura.

He's not as powerful as some, but is more powerful than many, in a strange way.

Thor, imo, is more powerful.

But both fighting at their best, he'd lose the majority. Why??

Cuz Supermans brute/speed/durability combo is tough to beat.

Take away his speed, and he loses alot of the matches around here.

People wanna debate.

Its hard to debate, when the first word out someones mouth is speedblitz.

This has been used against GL, Magneto,Surfer,Thor and countless others.

I like the character, but hate debating him.

And you gotta realize, his speed is a deterrent.

batdude123
No

Marvel should take the majority...

Superman's other powers ICEMOUTH, HEAT EYES or whatever should have little effect on Marvel.

He has more than that I hope you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
lol

Shut up.

Validus
Shut up.
FULL POWER HEAT VISION!!!

batdude123
FULL POWER HEAT VISION!!!

Torquasm-Vo!!! stfu2

Avalonofthewind
Most characters are overstroked within their own titles.

When Superman is written horribly, toned down to make the villain of the week shine, as well as any newbie hero that's around, we get to see people saying "Superman is just weak and pathetic. X/Y can beat Superman. Superman is nothing" and so on.

When finally, the bad portrayals end and Superman is written as he is supposed to be, they suddenly switch tracks to "Oh no!! He's too powerful!".

They have no problem when it comes to anyone else being ultra powerful/smart. When it is Superman, who is SUPPOSED to be at the top of the foodchain, it's somehow a disaster.

Look at Thanos in marvel. Powerful enough to go toe to toe with mighty Odin himself. Arguably the most intelligent being in the Marvel universe. Experience that is unparalleled. Yet, he does not win every fight because there is always a way to defeat someone, regardless of how powerful and mighty they are.

I don't see any problem here. The only problem I see is how he gets weakened every now and then to make every random villain/hero on the block shine, and finally that seems to be ending.

If anything, the problems are actually being solved now. Superman is no longer a joke, and finally he's getting what he deserves, and things are going to be the way they are supposed to be.

Milkie
He has more than that I hope you know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What Else roll eyes (sarcastic)

V for Valentine
Torquasm-Vo!!! stfu2

Can someone actually explain what the **** this is for me please? I hear it thrown around alot but I dont understand it, I know its some sort of Kryptonian martial arts but I dont see why it is so powerful (bear in mind I've never actually seen it in use though) confused

Avalonofthewind
Torquasm-Vo!!! stfu2

T-vo no fair! Soopaman hata smash!!!!

Juntai
Imo, he's not overpowered.

But he is overstroked. As a character.

He's(imo) not as powerful as Surfer, Thor, Strange,GL, and many more.

But he's overused by many writers at times. He's not a swiss army knife type character.

His powerset is straightforward, and isn't vague at all, except for his bioaura.

He's not as powerful as some, but is more powerful than many, in a strange way.

Thor, imo, is more powerful.

But both fighting at their best, he'd lose the majority. Why??

Cuz Supermans brute/speed/durability combo is tough to beat.

Take away his speed, and he loses alot of the matches around here.

People wanna debate.

Its hard to debate, when the first word out someones mouth is speedblitz.

This has been used against GL, Magneto,Surfer,Thor and countless others.

I like the character, but hate debating him.

And you gotta realize, his speed is a deterrent. But then you see him do things like rub his hands together to seal a hole breaking down the space/time continuum, or hold a black hole together, or heal the o-zone with heat vision and you can't help but think he's a swiss army character as well as an urivaled brick.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
But then you see him do things like rub his hands together to seal a hole breaking down the space/time continuum, or hold a black hole together, or heal the o-zone with heat vision and you can't help but think he's a swiss army character as well as an urivaled brick.
When he seals a hole in space/time by rubbing his hands together, I'm pretty sure most aren't thinking that he's a swiss army knife character.

batdude123
What Else roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sonic attack, Torquasm-Vo, bio-energy absorbtion, invisibility, intangibility, and he's a MUCH better fighter than Billy when he actually uses his skill.

UniOmni

When Superman is written horribly, toned down to make the villain of the week shine, as well as any newbie hero that's around, we get to see people saying "Superman is just weak and pathetic. X/Y can beat Superman. Superman is nothing" and so on.

When finally, the bad portrayals end and Superman is written as he is supposed to be, they suddenly switch tracks to "Oh no!! He's too powerful!".

They have no problem when it comes to anyone else being ultra powerful/smart. When it is Superman, who is SUPPOSED to be at the top of the foodchain, it's somehow a disaster.

Look at Thanos in marvel. Powerful enough to go toe to toe with mighty Odin himself. Arguably the most intelligent being in the Marvel universe. Experience that is unparalleled. Yet, he does not win every fight because there is always a way to defeat someone, regardless of how powerful and mighty they are.

I don't see any problem here. The only problem I see is how he gets weakened every now and then to make every random villain/hero on the block shine, and finally that seems to be ending.

If anything, the problems are actually being solved now. Superman is no longer a joke, and finally he's getting what he deserves, and things are going to be the way they are supposed to be.

I actually agree with your post.

But i don't see the need, for writers to show Superman as being the most powerful by making other characters look really bad.

Superman breaks through Hals constructs like tissue paper, and one shots hal.........

Hal lets loose on Superman, and then Superman isn't fazed.

Shyt like that will always piss off the fans of Hal, and alienate them from Superman.

Why? Cuz Hal and Superman are peers in power.

Superman disregarding Hals best, doesn't jibe with recent canon.

OWAW was good in concept, but horrible in execution.

Superman can be shown as the most powerful physical hero.

But must he stand head and shoulders above the rest of the DCU hero populace?

Validus
Sonic attack, Torquasm-Vo, bio-energy absorbtion, invisibility, intangibility, and he's a MUCH better fighter than Billy when he actually uses his skill.
You wouldn't happen to be arguing that versatility equals power now would you?

batdude123
You wouldn't happen to be arguing that versatility equals power now would you?

He has enough to put down Billy for the majority, let's just put it that way.

UniOmni
But then you see him do things like rub his hands together to seal a hole breaking down the space/time continuum, or hold a black hole together, or heal the o-zone with heat vision and you can't help but think he's a swiss army character as well as an urivaled brick.

I'd sooner buy GL or Surfer sealing holes in reality, or the spacetime continum, than Superman for the simple reason that their powerset is open enough to do so without asking any questions about it.

Magic>>> Fists.

His powerset isn't the kind that can do anything.

Hence the need for GL/Surfer types.

Lets be real here.

The most mysterious thing about Superman is his aura.

Validus
I actually agree with your post.

But i don't see the need, for writers to show Superman as being the most powerful by making other characters look really bad.

Superman breaks through Hals constructs like tissue paper, and one shots hal.........

Hal lets loose on Superman, and then Superman isn't fazed.

Shyt like that will always piss off the fans of Hal, and alienate them from Superman.

Why? Cuz Hal and Superman are peers in power.

Superman disregarding Hals best, doesn't jibe with recent canon.

OWAW was good in concept, but horrible in execution.

Superman can be shown as the most powerful physical hero.

But must he stand head and shoulders above the rest of the DCU hero populace?
Every top tier has those showings. The showings where they make every other hero look useless by comparison.

Superman - Our Worlds at War
Hal Jordan - Emerald Twilight
Kyle Rayner - Circle of Fire
The Flash - Rogue War
Thor - Blood & Thunder
Silver Surfer - Uni-lord Saga
Captain Marvel - Day of Vengeance
Wonder Woman - OMAC

The main difference I can tell from this list is that those heroes have those showings in their own book while Superman does it in crossovers. Still, in all those situations, they were the go to person. Nobody else could have done what they did in those situations.

Validus
He has enough to put down Billy for the majority, let's just put it that way.
smile

Milkie
Sonic attack, Torquasm-Vo, bio-energy Absorption, invisibility, intangibility, and he's a MUCH better fighter than Billy when he actually uses his skill.

You think Billy can't do those things either minus Torquasm-Vo and Bio-Energy Absorption?

olympian
Higher than some and lower than others.

And Avalon. You cant really go toe to toe when your outclassed.

lando005
see the thing is superman can be toned down greatly and become a great character without any bashing the main problem is that he's portayed as being flawless and in this day and age people dont like a flawless hero he's been portrayed that way for soo long that it's hard to try to make him look like an average hero that's what you get fro trumping him up for soo long if for example the would tone him down a bit to where he is efected by large portions of earth borne items like haveing it so that a big enough nuke could kill him or if exposed t enough chemicals or a virus of some sort he could become infected/contaminated like the rest of the heroes on earth then they could get rid of his built in weakenesses like kryptonite

batdude123
You think Billy can't do those things either minus Torquasm-Vo and Bio-Energy Absorption?

He hasn't ever shown those abilities in comics so it's wrong to speculate that he can.

snoopdogg
Superman set the standard to top-tier characters.

Juntai
I'd sooner buy GL or Surfer sealing holes in reality, or the spacetime continum, than Superman for the simple reason that their powerset is open enough to do so without asking any questions about it.

Magic>>> Fists.

His powerset isn't the kind that can do anything.

Hence the need for GL/Surfer types.

Lets be real here.

The most mysterious thing about Superman is his aura. But... he did do that.

lando005
But... he did do that. which is something outside his abilites that's like saying wolverine can slash holes into another dimention

Milkie
He hasn't ever shown those abilities in comics so it's wrong to speculate that he can.

WOW

HE DOES HAVE THE ABILITIES TO DO THAT

TELL ME BATDUDE

WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PULL THAT OFF? cool

batdude123
WOW

HE DOES HAVE THE ABILITIES TO DO THAT

TELL ME BATDUDE

WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PULL THAT OFF? cool

He may have the ability to pull off intangibility or invisibility with his speed, but he certainly doesn't have the skill. It took Superman awhile to learn those tricks. So, as it stands, Marvel CANNOT do that. He's never demonstrated those abilities, so it's just flawed logic to say that he CAN do those.

Juntai
which is something outside his abilites that's like saying wolverine can slash holes into another dimention Its obviously not, when he's done it.

Milkie
He may have the ability to pull off intangibility or invisibility with his speed, but he certainly doesn't have the skill. It took Superman awhile to learn those tricks. So, as it stands, Marvel CANNOT do that. He's never demonstrated those abilities, so it's just flawed logic to say that he CAN do those.

Wisdom of Solomon is not there for nothing roll eyes (sarcastic)

And there have been plenty of times where characters jump out of the blue and said they knew this and knew that.

What makes you think he has never tried it in the past in an off panel battle?

lando005
Its obviously not, when he's done it. and tell me just what abilities does he have that allows such a feat to be possoble without a doubt?

Juntai
and tell me just what abilities does he have that allows such a feat to be possoble without a doubt? The fact that he's done it. smile

lando005
The fact that he's done it. smile soo in other words you have no way to explain it other than "he did it he did it"

batdude123
Wisdom of Solomon is not there for nothing roll eyes (sarcastic)

And there have been plenty of times where characters jump out of the blue and said they knew this and knew that.

What makes you think he has never tried it in the past in an off panel battle?

Your post makes about as much sense as me saying Superman can change the chemical compound of the universe w/ his fists. It's ALL speculative.

If he hasn't shown it, HE CAN'T DO IT.

Milkie
Your post makes about as much sense as me saying Superman can change the chemical compound of the universe w/ his fists. It's ALL speculative.

If he hasn't shown it, HE CAN'T DO IT.

The same can be said for yours

If Superman has not shown the ability to have sex with multiple women i an orgy then he can't.

That's basically what you are saying.

batdude123
The same can be said for yours

If Superman has not shown the ability to have sex with multiple women i an orgy then he can't.

That's basically what you are saying.

lol

I'm talking about powers. It's completely speculative on your part. All we have to go by is comic books, and the powers they demonstrate in them. Intangibility and invisibility are simply not in his power set.

You have absolutely no valid basis for your conclusion, and therein lies the problem. You have no proof. After 65+ years of Billy being around, he hasn't demonstrated it. So you're completely way off base here. Billy doesn't possess the required skill. I could just as easily say Superman can shoot lightning bolts out of his ass.

Milkie
That does not mean he can't teach himself how to do it

he has the powers to do it.

and Superman can shoot lightning out of his ass

lando005
lol

I'm talking about powers. It's completely speculative on your part. All we have to go by is comic books, and the powers they demonstrate in them. Intangibility and invisibility are simply not in his power set.

You have absolutely no valid basis for your conclusion, and therein lies the problem. You have no proof. After 65+ years of Billy being around, he hasn't demonstrated it. So you're completely way off base here. Billy doesn't possess the required skill. I could just as easily say Superman can shoot lightning bolts out of his ass. he doesnt posses the skill but he does possess the ability to do so all he would need is practice at doing so that's what superman did you stated that yourself

Juntai
he doesnt posses the skill but he does possess the ability to do so all he would need is practice at doing so that's what superman did you stated that yourself But until he does exhibits such, he can't suddenly be made up to have it. Superman didn't have such abilities until more recently, after watching Flash do them.

lando005
But until he does exhibits such, he can't suddenly be made up to have it. Superman didn't have such abilities until more recently, after watching Flash do them. your right i only caught the tail end of this convo so i dont know if he was sayin that cm could do it outright but he does posses the ability to do so just not the skill

Validus
The fact that he's done it. smile
Hmph

ExtraMision5555
Although i fully agree that superman has some extremely questionable showings, i think its more personified on these fourms rather than in the comics themselfs. As in in debates, these showings are somewhat twisted out of proportion, if that makes any sense, and seem to overlap what superman is truely capable of.

In example, (please, im not trying to start an argument with anyone and this is slightyl, if not very slightly subjective)

Logically, superman should never beat goku (for the sake of an example, but he really shouldent be able to) And i as well as someone else built an incredible, and reasonable case as to why he simply cannot win a majority against him. One arguemnt on supermans behalf that stood out in my mind that was simply outrageous was supermans black hole feat. basicly it was being equated that since superman held a black hole in his hand, he cannot be hurt by anything less than a black hole. That makes 0 sense considering we have no idea what truely entails a black hole, etc. That logic would also imply ina sense that if a human survived a gunshot, he can no longer be hurt by anything less than a gunshot.

Point being, on these fourms supermans powerset is spun around due to some of his pis or perhaps, "strange" feats. but as far as far as actually being overpowered? well, i guess thats what this threads for

Milkie
It's really not that hard to do

Just vibrate really fast...

mighty adam
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Superman and all of his endless incarnations are the most overrated, overhyped, lamest characters in comics. overrated yes. overhyped yes. lames no aquaman is the lamest. waterhand aquaman was badass but any other= lames hero EVER.

mighty adam

If anything, the problems are actually being solved now. Superman is no longer a joke, and finally he's getting what he deserves, and things are going to be the way they are supposed to be. what is your point..... thanos should lose and supes shouldn't? supes should lose alot more not to weaker foes but people who could beat him. now we know more then likely it won't happen why cuz in the minds of dc hes the first his number one BULL SHIT!!!!!!!! HE WASN'T THE FIRST TO FLY. THEY GAVE HIM ALL THEM POWERS CUZ BACK THEN THERE WAS HEROS WHO HAD MORE POWERS AND WHO WORE OUT SELLING HIS ASS CAPTAIN MARVEL!!! SO DC JUST STARTED PULLING STUPID POWERS OUT OF THEIR ASS AND SUED JUST TO KEEP LIL SUPERMAN AS NUMBER ONE WOW HOW LAME.

Tha C-Master
The fact that he's done it. smile Shit, well people can't complain about Wolverine beating Magneto then... hell this makes Pre-Crisis Wolverine a reality.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by mighty adam
what is your point..... thanos should lose and supes shouldn't? supes should lose alot more not to weaker foes but people who could beat him. now we know more then likely it won't happen why cuz in the minds of dc hes the first his number one BULL SHIT!!!!!!!! HE WASN'T THE FIRST TO FLY. THEY GAVE HIM ALL THEM POWERS CUZ BACK THEN THERE WAS HEROS WHO HAD MORE POWERS AND WHO WORE OUT SELLING HIS ASS CAPTAIN MARVEL!!! SO DC JUST STARTED PULLING STUPID POWERS OUT OF THEIR ASS AND SUED JUST TO KEEP LIL SUPERMAN AS NUMBER ONE WOW HOW LAME.

So you like Captain Marvel better. Good for you.

Validus
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Shit, well people can't complain about Wolverine beating Magneto then... hell this makes Pre-Crisis Wolverine a reality.
Flash Prime > PC Wolverine

lando005

So you like Captain Marvel better. Good for you. so let me get your standpoint straight you dont belinve supreman is over written or over exaggerated in any way shape or form

Avalonofthewind
so let me get your standpoint straight you dont belinve supreman is over written or over exaggerated in any way shape or form

Aren't all characters?

If you can fly, let us all know.

lando005
Aren't all characters?

If you can fly, let us all know. i love how your not answeing the question a simple yes or no answer was all i called for so save the song and dance for later and answer the question

Avalonofthewind
i love how your not answeing the question a simple yes or no answer was all i called for so save the song and dance for later and answer the question

Your grammar stinks. Nitpicking is fun, isn't it?

smile

Tha C-Master
Flash Prime > PC Wolverine Hell, let me find that thread I made about 2 years ago on fanboy powers.

long pig
Superman isn't above top-tier. He's a flying strong man, to be top-tier you need more versatile and more complex powers other than flying and being strong.

Tha C-Master
What about T-vo? smile

ExtraMision5555
Aren't all characters?

If you can fly, let us all know.

laughing laughing

ExtraMision5555
What about T-vo? smile

laughing laughing
the strangest power ever conceived

long pig
The power to skip the commercials in FamilyGuy.

TVo: There to record porn when you're arms are too numb to do it yourself.

mighty adam
what is your point..... thanos should lose and supes shouldn't? supes should lose alot more not to weaker foes but people who could beat him. now we know more then likely it won't happen why cuz in the minds of dc hes the first his number one BULL SHIT!!!!!!!! HE WASN'T THE FIRST TO FLY. THEY GAVE HIM ALL THEM POWERS CUZ BACK THEN THERE WAS HEROS WHO HAD MORE POWERS AND WHO WORE OUT SELLING HIS ASS CAPTAIN MARVEL!!! SO DC JUST STARTED PULLING STUPID POWERS OUT OF THEIR ASS AND SUED JUST TO KEEP LIL SUPERMAN AS NUMBER ONE WOW HOW LAME.

D-Block

So true

lando005
Your grammar stinks. Nitpicking is fun, isn't it?

smile yes or no still havent heard that from you man up and answer the question

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by long pig

TVo: There to record porn when you're arms are too numb to do it yourself. I figured the word had something to do with that and I was being too close-minded.

batdude123
It's really not that hard to do

Just vibrate really fast...

It's a skill that Billy hasn't learned yet. Therefore, it can't be used in a battle. Get it?

batdude123
Originally posted by D-Block
So true

lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

lando005

TVo: There to record porn when you're arms are too numb to do it yourself. tis truely a great and wonderful ability

Avalonofthewind
yes or no still havent heard that from you man up and answer the question

The question was answered. Read between the lines.

They are ALL exaggerated.

lando005

They are ALL exaggerated. for a comic book charater is superman over exaggerated yes or no that's the question ther e is not in between the lines here noone's asking for an explanition or an exuse just a yes or no

Soujaboy
Superman isn't above top-tier. He's a flying strong man, to be top-tier you need more versatile and more complex powers other than flying and being strong.

yes

Soujaboy

They are ALL exaggerated.

You honestly believe that Superman's power aren't in the slightest bit exaggerated? I Mean how do you hold a black Hole together in your hands? confused

Kutulu
Originally posted by Soujaboy
You honestly believe that Superman's power aren't in the slightest bit exaggerated? I Mean how do you hold a black Hole together in your hands? confused

He didn't just hold it - he controlled the gravity around it and stabilized it with his biofield, just holding it would have sucked in the rest of the JLA and the Earth.

Avalonofthewind

As is Thor and everyone else.

I don't care if they are street level or Skyfather.

Yet people whine about Superman.

Board Walker

Your trying to staple logic onto suprman, yet you don't try to place logic on Silver surfer or Thor do you?

Its simply explained by the power cosmic, or magic, isn't it?

Superman is not just a flying brick with fist, he has a slew of powers, and has shown them time and time again.

People think that Superman is and should be nothng more then a brick with fist, that the momment he starts energy manipulating on a grand scale and using Mystical powers such as T-vo, people call it PIS. Simply because it does not fit in with their narrow minded view of Superman as a brick with fist.

Superman is being written more and more true to what he was made to be, what he is, and what he will be, the comic hero that defines all other comic heroes.

As the idea of superman grows, some people are angered by it, in particular those who's favorite comic character is threatened by him.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Board Walker
your trying put logic on suprman, yet you don't try to place logic on Silver surfer or Thor do you?

Superman is not just a flying brick with fist, he has a slew of powers, and has shown them time and time again.

People think that Superman is and should be nothng more then a brick with fist, that the momment he starts energy manipulaing on a grand scale and using Mystical powers such as T-vo, people call it PIS. Simply because it does not fit in with their narrow minded view of Superman as a brick with fist.

Superman is being written more and more true to what he was made to be, what he is, and what he will be, the comic hero that defines all other heroes.

What logic? I've never seen Thor nor Surfer hold a black hole together in the palm of their hands.

Well ya, magic and the power cosmic does explain it. Im still waiting for someone to explain to me how you hold a black hole together with your hand? confused

Superman really doesn't have many powers, especially not as many as Thor or Surfer.

Superman is just a brick no expression

When did T-vo become a mystical power?

Actually Superman was made to be able to be faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, DC over the years just decided to continually add power.

Board Walker
What logic? I've never seen Thor nor Surfer hold a black hole together in the palm of their hands.

Well ya, magic and the power cosmic does explain it. Im still waiting for someone to explain to me how you hold a black hole together with your hand? confused

Superman really doesn't have many powers, especially not as many as Thor or Surfer.

Superman is just a brick no expression

When did T-vo become a mystical power?

Actually Superman was made to be able to be faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, DC over the years just decided to continually add power.

The midgard serpent was wrapped around Earth and yet thor pulled it free and lifted it, going by human logic, do you know what that would have done to the earth?

Silver Surfer traveling at warpspeeds to a destination and then near instantly stoping, going by human logic this would cause energy release and destruction on a mass scale.

Logic does not apply to comics, not the same logic that humans apply to their every day lives, yet you try to staple logic onto superman to negate his showings as bad writting, yet when another character does some thing beyond the scopes of logic you accept it with open arms.

T-Vo is mystical in nature, what do you think it is? Superman warping reality with his fist?

Superman is not a brick with fist, he is a comic character with depth, and just because you dislike him or see him as a threat to your favored comic characters is no just reason to attack the idea of superman for your own personal eggocentric gain.

All characters start as some thing but they are ever changing, Silver surfer started out as being trapped on earth as a earth based hero, but look at Silver Surfer now and how he has changed and grown. Superman has also changed and grown and is doing so now, he is becoming more and more of what he wasm meant to be, a hero of all scopes and perspectives, not just as you call him "a brick with fist".

Soujaboy
The midgard serpent was wrapped around Earth and yet thor pulled it free and lifted it, going by human logic, do you know what that would have done to the earth?

Silver Surfer traveling at warpspeeds to a destination and then near instantly stoping, going by human logic this would cause energy release and destruction on a mass scale.

Logic does not apply to comics, not the same logic that humans apply to their every day lives, yet you try to staple logic onto superman to negate his showings as bad writting, yet when another character does some thing beyond the scopes of logic you accept it with open arms.

T-Vo is mystical in nature, what do you think it is? Superman warping reality with his fist?

Superman is not a brick with fist, he is a comic character with depth, and just because you dislike him or see him as a threat to your favored comic characters is no just reason to attack the idea of superman for your own personal eggocentric gain.

All characters start as some thing but they are ever changing, Silver surfer started out as being trapped on earth as a earth based hero, but look at Silver Surfer now and how he has changed and grown. Superman has also changed and grown is doing so now, he is becoming more and more of what he wasm meant to be, a hero of all scopes and perspectives, not just as you call him "a brick with fist".

What does Thor carrying the midgard serpent, and Silver Surfer going at warp speeds have to do with Superman closing a black hole with his hands?

I never used human logic, I simply asked how do you close a black hole with your hands. Considering a black hole is an area of space-time with a gravitational field, Superman shouldn't have been able to even touch it. Thor's feat wasn't as hard to perceive because the Midgard Serpent is an solid piece of matter that can be touched and felt. I was trying to figure out how you hold space, or even time for that matter? confused

No I always though T-vo was a form of telepathy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What does my fav character have to do with Superman?

Surfer was never an earth based hero, he is currently and was a herald of Galactus. Superman on the other hand started out with a certain base of powers, that have now been increased to the extreme.

I watch Pokemon
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3484/supesblackholejla77su3.th.jpg

confused

Board Walker
What does Thor carrying the midgard serpent, and Silver Surfer going at warp speeds have to do with Superman closing a black hole with his hands?

I never used human logic, I simply asked how do you close a black hole with your hands. Considering a black hole is an area of space-time with a gravitational field, Superman shouldn't have been able to even touch it. Thor's feat wasn't as hard to perceive because the Midgard Serpent is an solid piece of matter that can be touched and felt. I was trying to figure out how you hold space, or even time for that matter? confused

No I always though T-vo was a form of telepathy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What does my fav character have to do with Superman?

Surfer was never an earth based hero, he is currently and was a herald of Galactus. Superman on the other hand started out with a certain base of powers, that have now been increased to the extreme.

It is the same as me asking How does thor lift a serpent that was wrapped around earth? He shouldn't even be able to lift it because it would shatter the earth if it moved to quickly.

It is the same as me asking, how does Thor manipulate the Odin force, it is but a source of mystical energy, he should not be able to touch it?

Superman is able to manipulate a black hole because he manipulated the gravity.

T-vo is not a form of "telepathy" as it is quite real and warps reality, it is a zen like meditation state of the kryptonians, it is mystical in nature not telepathic.

Silver surfer did start out as a Earth based hero, he started as a scientist of his home planet which Galactus came to destory, Norrin gave his life so Galactus would spare his home planet. Silver Surfer shortly after rebelled against Galactus for not wanting him to destroy the Earth, Galactus then imprisoned him there. All of silver surfers early comics were on earth, SS was in all accounts a earth based hero.

It is the same a me saying Thor was originally a earth based hero, his creation from Asgard but none the less a earth based hero.

What does your favorite character have to do with superman? Why else would you have a dislike for superman, is it because you are a fan of his character and see the current writting as worsening what he is? Because I for one see character development as good, for a character to expand and grow and not be confined to a cage.

If you are not a fan of superman, then what other reason would you psychologicaly have for disliking superman? you must in some way dislike him then because he in some way or anther crosses your perceptions or you see him as a threat to your percption in some way.

Superboy Prime
It is the same as me asking How does thor lift a serpent that was wrapped around earth? He shouldn't even be able to lift it because it would shatter the earth if it moved to quickly.

It is the same as me asking, how does Thor manipulate the Odin force, it is but a source of mystical energy, he should not be able to touch it?

T-vo is not a form of "telepathy" as it is quite real and warps reality, it is a zen like meditation state of the kryptonians, it is mystical in nature not telepathic.

Silver surfer did start out as a Earth based hero, he started as a scientist of his home planet which Galactus came to destory, Norrin gave his life so Galactus would spare his home planet. Silver Surfer shortly after rebelled against Galactus for not wanting him to destroy the Earth, Galactus then imprisoned him there. All of silver surfers early comics were on earth, SS was in all accounts a earth based hero.

It is the same a me saying Thor was originally a earth based hero, his creation from Asgard but none the less a earth based hero.

What does your favorite character have to do with superman? Why else would you have a dislike for superman, is it because you are a fan of his character and see the current writting as worsening what he is? Because I for one see character development as good, for a character to expand and grow and not be confined to a cage.

If you are not a fan of superman, then what other reason would you psychologicaly have for disliking superman? you must in some way dislike him then because he in some way or anther crosses your perceptions or you see him as a threat to your percption in some way.

Well said. It's a bit hypocritical to whine about Superman being overpowered/exagerated when the Surfer just recently got an upgrade and a certain asgardian god became Rune King and pretty much dominated the entire marvel earth. All three should sit down and talk about who gets the most ass.

Validus
yes
That's assy logic.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Well said. It's a bit hypocritical to whine about Superman being overpowered/exagerated when the Surfer just recently got an upgrade and a certain asgardian god became Rune King and pretty much dominated the entire marvel earth. All three should sit down and talk about who gets the most ass. IMO it's not the "powers" but who they fight and how willing the writers are to see them lose from time to time. Using a "new power" all the time is an excuse to get out of good writing.

Superboy Prime
Current Supes been around for nearly 20 years if I am not mistaken and he has only developed 5 new powers and 3/4 of those powers are related to his speed or other powers. I don't see that as bad writting...now T-VO is something else I'd rather not discuss.

Tha C-Master
Current Supes been around for nearly 20 years if I am not mistaken and he has only developed 5 new powers and 3/4 of those powers are related to his speed or other powers. I don't see that as bad writting...now T-VO is something else I'd rather not discuss. The complaint isn't coming from just "getting new powers" it's the plot devies or ways that he just "finds a way". If he loses, he comes back and wins. We like our heroes to have the ability to face innumerable odds, but despite the comic being fictional we want an aspect of realism and a suspension of belief and accurate grounding within them. As well as consistency.

D-Block
lol roll eyes (sarcastic) I won't get this started againbig grin

Superboy Prime
The complaint isn't coming from just "getting new powers" it's the plot devies or ways that he just "finds a way". If he loses, he comes back and wins. We like our heroes to have the ability to face innumerable odds, but despite the comic being fictional we want an aspect of realism and a suspension of belief and accurate grounding within them. As well as consistency.

Then what happens when GL Kyle manages to hold back a Big Bang type explosion, or when Wally West starts racing death to the end of the universe(or end of time or something like that), or when Batman constantly punks Superman and when Aquaman gives a White Martian a "seizure" with his low level telephaty? Fact of the matter is Superman is not the only character who has done the very thing you dislike.

Newjak
Then what happens when GL Kyle manages to hold back a Big Bang type explosion, or when Wally West starts racing death to the end of the universe(or end of time or something like that), or when Batman constantly punks Superman and when Aquaman gives a White Martian a "seizure" with his low level telephaty? Fact of the matter is Superman is not the only character who has done the very thing you dislike. But very few people do it as often as Superman does.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Newjak
But very few people do it as often as Superman does.

Very few people are in the spotlight as much as him though.

Tha C-Master
Then what happens when GL Kyle manages to hold back a Big Bang type explosion, or when Wally West starts racing death to the end of the universe(or end of time or something like that), or when Batman constantly punks Superman and when Aquaman gives a White Martian a "seizure" with his low level telephaty? Fact of the matter is Superman is not the only character who has done the very thing you dislike. You're correct, Wolverine is another prime candidtate. GL is a plot device though.

I don't hate Superman or Wolverine, but these very reasons make debating him on the board very frustation. DC tends to have better writing than marvel in alot of ways, but they mess it up by giving characters "Wish granting" powers and other nonsense that aren't necessary to portray a believable and likeable character.

Very few people are in the spotlight as much as him though. That only makes it worse, it just proves he does it to sate his fans who can't bear to see him lose.

Newjak
Very few people are in the spotlight as much as him though. I think that is the point. He was Wolverine before Wolverine was wolverine. He is everywhere and he seems to always come out on top no matter what.

It gets boring to watch a Super fying brick always winning no matter who he is facing or their power set.

Superboy Prime
I like to see him lose and get beat up, lol. I may be an exception. It's a real shame the Thor/Supes match was so short. I wanted to see the damage these 2 would inflict on each other. Hell if it was me I'd make the 4 comics consist entirely of their fight.

lando005

you do have apoint but you miss the point we are trying to make here i personally would have no problem with superman performing feats inside of his powerset and abilities but when i see him doing things like sealing a rift in space/time and holding a black hole with his bare hands that's when i have to raise his hands, yes all comis are just works of fiction but there is still a small level of logic being applied here i can belive superman vibraiting himself to the point of being able to phase thorugh objects because there is a rational explination of it, that's not something beyond the scope of his powers space and time manipulation is and things like that are the reasons why there are so many complaints for superman. also someone stated that he grows stronger every year fine i would have no problem with that except for one thing superman's body is like a battrey there is a maximum limit to how much power he can store unlike the hulk or other such characters his body does not mutate or adapt to contain more power so given that he should have logicly toped out years ago especially when there are issues when he sun dips to his limits and the very next year he is shown to be at his normal levels which are now higher than they were when he sun diped cause and effect i can find RKT more belive able because there is a source an expalination for his increase in power, i could belive surfer doing the time space feat more than superman doing it because he has the ability within his powerset it has nothing to do with like or dislike it has to do with not creating a frim foundation of beliveability on dc's side superman is not a general purpose hero with a power or ability for any situation but yet they constaintly show him as such without a reasonable explanition for it which is why people are turning away from superman it's not just him marvel does it too i've asked before how does the scarlet witch go from mid level reality warping ability to being able to rewrite an entire reality? she has the ability but not the level of power needed for such a feat that goes beyond the powers of a mutant marvel has not provided an reason for this if for example they were to say her powers were boosted by some outside force i would be able to belive that then because there is a reason for it but as it stands now i have only questions with no answers the same applys to superman

Soujaboy

What does your favorite character have to do with superman? Why else would you have a dislike for superman, is it because you are a fan of his character and see the current writing as worsening what he is? Because I for one see character development as good, for a character to expand and grow and not be confined to a cage.

How so? the Midgard Serpent was a solid object of matter and was able to be lifted with an efficient amount of strength. Holding a black hole on the other hand is physically impossible, seeing as a black hole is an area or tear in space-time. There's no explanation for that considering there's no possible way to hold "space". Because of this I consider this feat PIS, and another way to make Superman look the "best".

How does Thor manipulate the Odin Force? it's an internal energy source just as the power cosmic is Surfer. It's kind of similar to someones life force, except magic.

When did Superman gain the ability to manipulate matter? All I saw was the physically struggle with a tear in space, I didn't see or read the manipulation part.

Considering my favorite character is a Marvel character, this debate has nothing to do with which character is you or I's favorite. It's all about poor writing with no explanations.

For one the planet Norrin originally inhabited wasn't earth, and for two you just gave me an explanation of how Silver Surfer went from man to cosmic being. Now do the same, and explain to me how Superman was able to physically hold a black hole. Oh yea and while your at it explain to me how Superman went from being faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, to being able to move faster than the speed of light, more powerful than Darkseid, and able to transverse a galaxy in seconds.

There's a simple reason for why I dislike Superman, and it has nothing to do with Thor. The reason being is Superman is a poorly written character.

mighty adam
Your trying to staple logic onto suprman, yet you don't try to place logic on Silver surfer or Thor do you?

People think that Superman is and should be nothng more then a brick with fist, that the momment he starts energy manipulating on a grand scale and using Mystical powers such as T-vo, people call it PIS. Simply because it does not fit in with their narrow minded view of Superman as a brick with fist.

Superman is being written more and more true to what he was made to be, what he is, and what he will be, the comic hero that defines all other comic heroes.

As the idea of superman grows, some people are angered by it, in particular those who's favorite comic character is threatened by him. the thought of a all powerful superman dose not fit the world we live in this is not the 50's most power like their heros more down to earth shit alot of kids don't even read comics anymore this is not a nice or happy world we live in people don't want a happy go luck superman who use's super mathematics that shit work in the 50's but not now.

ExtraMision5555
The complaint isn't coming from just "getting new powers" it's the plot devies or ways that he just "finds a way". If he loses, he comes back and wins. We like our heroes to have the ability to face innumerable odds, but despite the comic being fictional we want an aspect of realism and a suspension of belief and accurate grounding within them. As well as consistency.

thumb up thumb up

Perfeclty said.

My biggest complain is not superman, but the poorly thought out solutions to supermans hardships, to the point where things are pulled out of thin air. This is not just limited to superman

Kutulu
the thought of a all powerful superman dose not fit the world we live in this is not the 50's most power like their heros more down to earth shit alot of kids don't even read comics anymore this is not a nice or happy world we live in people don't want a happy go luck superman who use's super mathematics that shit work in the 50's but not now.

Super Mathmatics is overrated IMHO:
http://www.superdickery.com/images/oneshot/1007supermathematics1iw.jpg

Incidentally, 20 x 16 x 10 = 3,200, not 32,000.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Kutulu

rofl ive seen that
isint taht equation wrong?
EDIT: lol yes i see now

rofl

hes so confident yet, so wrong

lando005

Incidentally, 20 x 16 x 10 = 3,200, not 32,000.
Kal El's superior kryptonian brain

UniOmni
I say thee nay!!

Big Sexy

Incidentally, 20 x 16 x 10 = 3,200, not 32,000. laughing So much for super brain. Better stick to super fist

mighty adam

Incidentally, 20 x 16 x 10 = 3,200, not 32,000. its just stupid and lame no matter how you look at it.

lando005

Incidentally, 20 x 16 x 10 = 3,200, not 32,000. desktop computer $800, scaner $250 cable internet connection $99 comic book $2.50,picture of superman makeing a total ass of himself priceless

D-Block
desktop computer $800, scaner $250 cable internet connection $99 comic book $2.50,picture of superman makeing a total ass of himself priceless

laughing

mighty adam
desktop computer $800, scaner $250 cable internet connection $99 comic book $2.50,picture of superman makeing a total ass of himself priceless good one so true.

Big Sexy

Incidentally, 20 x 16 x 10 = 3,200, not 32,000. I want a sig of that now. laughing

lando005
where r the superman supporters at a time like this

UniOmni
In the Superman blue thread.

Juntai
desktop computer $800, scaner $250 cable internet connection $99 comic book $2.50,picture of superman makeing a total ass of himself priceless Cable internet is expensive where you live. It's less than a third of that here.

lando005
Cable internet is expensive where you live. It's less than a third of that here. correction that's for the special bellsouth rate cable internet, cell phone and house phone

UniOmni
Toppers!

Endless Mike
If you ask me, I think Superman defines the top tier

UniOmni
I'd say the same.

Adult Swim Guy
Me to

Adult Swim Guy
did you know that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.