Wolverine versus Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
The almighty Wolver-God and Spiderman take each other on in the heart pounding-est , head shotting-est , most bollock destroying, spine crushing , monkey eating debate ever.

Yes that right a debate !

These two debate over whether or not same sex marriages should be legal.

Supes is the judge

No mud slinging , web spinning or cigar smoking.

DEBATE AWAY !!!!

darthgoober
Who debates for which side(like I really need to ask).

Metalmanx
Originally posted by darthgoober

Excellent question.

grey fox
Originally posted by darthgoober

Spidey being for science and having a Supermodel for a wife is against Gay marriage.

Logan having a hairy guy who tries to psychically harm him and call him runt all of the time (plus having a stupidly large amount of Slash fanfiction) places him firmly in the For section.

Soljer
Gwen Stacy. Mary Jane. Black Cat.

Sabretooth.

Figure out which one is debating which side, wink.

Zahit
well....judging by his fans and Marvel's economic well-being,
I would guess Wolverine is taking the pro-same-sex-marriage side...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by grey fox
Spidey being for science and having a Supermodel for a wife is against Gay marriage.

Logan having a hairy guy who tries to psychically harm him and call him runt all of the time (plus having a stupidly large amount of Slash fanfiction) places him firmly in the For section.

You could have just Wolverine on the For side section or being Canadian...

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soljer
Gwen Stacy. Mary Jane. Black Cat.

Sabretooth.

Figure out which one is debating which side, wink.
Hey that's what I figured, that's why I said "like I really need to ask".

V for Valentine
Wolverine would punk him everytime, hes very smart (even though he is portrayed much to the contrary at times) and not reed richards smart or Iron Man smart, just "life experience smart" and 100 and something years of experience would definetly give him the edge over Spiderman IMO.

Spiderman would of course have the intellectual advangtage but you dont have to be a big-wig to neccesarily be that good at debating.

grey fox
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You could have just Wolverine on the For side section or being Canadian...

Shit...you worked out that my clever word play hides my secret hated of Canadia ....damn you Srankmissingninja..damn you !

Soljer
*rolls eyes*

With all the gay jokes going around, I'd just like to point out the fact that while fun and games are cool - I actually support gay marraige. My roommate here at my University is gay, I support gay rights, and I feel there is nothing wrong with their life decision. I'm straight, I'm in a relationship (very happily, I might add), but I have nothing but respect for plenty of homosexuals. The only people who take homosexuality as an offensive things are the ones who are far too immature and/or insecure.

smile.

ExodusCloak
Can we trust Supes to judge this debate fairly?

Guess which side Mystique and Irene are on...

grey fox
*rolls eyes*

With all the gay jokes going around, I'd just like to point out the fact that while fun and games are cool - I actually support gay marraige. My roommate here at my University is gay, I support gay rights, and I feel there is nothing wrong with their life decision. I'm straight, I'm in a relationship (very happily, I might add), but I have nothing but respect for plenty of homosexuals. The only people who take homosexuality as an offensive things are the ones who are far too immature and/or insecure.

smile.

A. I'm not poking fun at Gay's .
B. I was thinking of a something these two could debate over and it was either this or the war in Iraq. I REALLY don't want ten pages of 'I hate Dubya'

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
A. I'm not poking fun at Gay's .
B. I was thinking of a something these two could debate over and it was either this or the war in Iraq. I REALLY don't want ten pages of 'I hate Dubya'

I wasn't alledging that you were, friend. I just was trying to (hopefully) avert the inevitable gay bashing that will come up in ANY threads that merely include the word.

But yes, I can see YOUR aversion to sparking the George bush debate. smile.

Metalmanx
*rolls eyes*

smile.

Completely agree. My roommate from my first year is gay as well, and I couldn't have asked for a better roomie. I'll all for gay rights. We're all human, afterall.

Metalmanx
Damn, this is hard. I really want to say that Spidey would be the better debator...but I personally don't support the restriction on same-sex marriage. So I'd want Wolverine to win, yet I think in a debate Spidey would take it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Completely agree. My roommate from my first year is gay as well, and I couldn't have asked for a better roomie. I'll all for gay rights. We're all human, afterall.

Well...most of us.

Except for those damn asians....

stick out tongue.

lando005
Originally posted by V for Valentine
Wolverine would punk him everytime, hes very smart (even though he is portrayed much to the contrary at times) and not reed richards smart or Iron Man smart, just "life experience smart" and 100 and something years of experience would definetly give him the edge over Spiderman IMO.

Spiderman would of course have the intellectual advangtage but you dont have to be a big-wig to neccesarily be that good at debating.
it never failes they always find a way to defend him

V for Valentine
Bah, edited to save Soljer embaressment cool

V for Valentine
Originally posted by lando005
it never failes they always find a way to defend him

Or you could STFU roll eyes (sarcastic) So your telling me someone who has travelled the globe and is over a century old wont know how to debate? Or wont have a good understanding of the ethics of the arguement which probably effects alot of us every single day (as most of us know homosexuals, and some are homosexual).

Soljer
Bah, edited to save Soljer embaressment cool

roll eyes (sarcastic)

My dorm....ugh..my dorm is almost ENTIRELY asian and/or indian (brown indian, not red). There is a minority of caucasians, a couple hispanics, and...one black guy.

We're all really close to each other, so it's easy to act racist while we're with each other. You'll OFTEN hear it brought up, just for the humor involved. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I'm actually dating an asian, so I can't have TOO much of distaste for em, eh?

V for Valentine
roll eyes (sarcastic)

My dorm....ugh..my dorm is almost ENTIRELY asian and/or indian (brown indian, not red). There is a minority of caucasians, a couple hispanics, and...one black guy.

We're all really close to each other, so it's easy to act racist while we're with each other. You'll OFTEN hear it brought up, just for the humor involved. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I'm actually dating an asian, so I can't have TOO much of distaste for em, eh?

roll eyes (sarcastic) Sure thing kiddo, it's funny how a thread like this can easily diverge into off-topic talk about diversity and race and whatever. So who do you think would win and why?

Metalmanx
Haha, no worries, Soljer. I laughed when I read that anyway.

V for Valentine
Haha, no worries, Soljer. I laughed when I read that anyway.

As did I, just felt like taking the moral high ground for once; is that so bad? stick out tongue

Metalmanx
As did I, just felt like taking the moral high ground for once; is that so bad? stick out tongue

Yes. no expression

V for Valentine
Yes. no expression

Rhetorical question roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
I don't oppose to a union between same sex couples but it shouldn't be called marriage because it isn't marriage. Marriage is a religious concept and exclusive between a man and woman.

And gay marriage is hardly a human rights issue.

bean_machine
I don't oppose to a union between same sex couples but it shouldn't be called marriage because it isn't marriage. Marriage is a religious concept and exclusive between a man and woman.

Agreed.

V for Valentine

Aren't they called "Civil Partnerships" or something? I cant really remember, I know its legal in England but havent actually encountered anyone man who is "married" (hard not to use the term) to another man.

Zahit

well said! i agree wholeheartedly!
there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever!
now why can't wolvie-fanboys just be proud of who they are?
we support them 100%.

Tron
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10725& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Wolverine+vs+Spiderman%29
+forumid%3A77

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.