Shaman vs. Dr.Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
Battle solely in mystism

Battle #1-No prep
Battle #2-With prep

Grimm22
Oh its just magic stick out tongue

In that case...

Non-Prep, Shaman 7-8/10

With prep, Doom 7/10

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Grimm22
Oh its just magic stick out tongue

In that case...

Non-Prep, Shaman 7-8/10

With prep, Doom 7/10

What has Doom done that is impressive with magic anyways? Not an insult by any means, just people on the board consider him the second best magician.

Just so people don't underestimate Shaman's prep, as he's no joke in that area. John Byrne: "If you want to sum it up . . . he's Dr. Strange--but he does it with potions and herbs and little dolls and stuff, instead of just doing it with the power of his mind, the way Strange does. This possibly gives Shaman a slight advantage, I don't know. If he had the tools at hand, he can make just about anything. I don't know if Strange has that kind of power over the physical world."

Shaman also has an unlimited supply of spells and artifacts due to the void (entire universe) and calling the spirits to lend aid

Grimm22
True, Shaman is only second to Dr. Strange yes

However, Doom can still hold his own in magic

And with prep, Doom busts out his mystic armor and makes some deals with Demons or somthing

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Grimm22
True, Shaman is only second to Dr. Strange yes

However, Doom can still hold his own in magic

And with prep, Doom busts out his mystic armor and makes some deals with Demons or somthing

Naaaa...he's not second to Strange, far from it. His daughter (Talisman ) is vastly more powerful than him, stated to be Strange's equal. Even Witchfire another member of Alpha Flight maybe stronger than him as well.

For sure he can

Shaman can do that to, even made a magical shield that covered for miles and that was without prep cool .

guy222
doom prevails because he has the life force

JakeTheBank
I'm mostly unfamiliar with Shaman, but considering the time this thread was made, I'd argue that Doom's come a long way mystically.

Galan007
Bumping a 6 year old thread? ermm

guy222
i know

boredom does occur with a 45 year old nimcompoop

stick out tongue

Sixth_Winged
Shaman will pull out a reed richards from his pouch...

Nah, I think Doom still got him beat. More offensive magic at his disposal.

Tony Stark
Doom ftw

-K-M-
Be curious to hear why people believe Doom wins

Mindset
He's not a part of Alpha Flight.

-K-M-
He wishes he was...

1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv191-19.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlightv191-20.jpg*

*Before anyone gets butt hurt that was Doctor Doom II (Kristoff Vernard)

Mindset
Stop posting 30 year old scans of fake Doom.

-K-M-
It's not 30 years old wink

juggernaut74
Doom.

guy222
Originally posted by -K-M-
Be curious to hear why people believe Doom wins

doom>beyonder in the story

guy222
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11574740_12.jpg

-K-M-
Great, but this isn't Doom with the Beyonder's power or the Life-Force and neither he did those based on just magic which the thread is about (also there is even discussion Beyonder even let him take his power)

This thread was made in 2006 but today Doom is by far the worst character to debate on this board. As no one actually debates with him they just say Doom or "try" to make a wity remark involving Doom and that is it.

JakeTheBank
Plenty of people debate for Doom outside of him being Doom. And really, Doom doesn't get it any worse than Batman, Superman, Hulk, or any other popular character.

I can't really contribute all that much to the thread as I'm unfamiliar with Shaman as a whole, though,

-K-M-
I can pull up dozen of threads with Doom that literally go how I describe.

I actually find the characters you mention have more "debates" associated with them than Doom.

JakeTheBank
I could pull up as many threads where strong arguments are made for Doom outside of him being Doom as well (ie. citing feats and evidence and the like). KMC tends to polarize various characters, though, so I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. But in my honest opinion, it literally happens to just about every character to some degree, especially if they're "hot" at the moment.

I've seen just as many examples of "Doom wins" as I have the same for Superman, Batman, Mr. Fantastic, Hulk, Thor, Flash, Wolverine, Sentry, etc. Of course, I'm guilty of the Doom stuff time to time, but when I feel like debating him, I back my stance up outside of his aura. stick out tongue

-K-M-
Last serious thread I saw for Doom was the Zatanna one and that at time was guilty of my description. I don't know why but out of the other characters you listed I generally feel Doom is one of the worst for that next to Hercules (which usually involves him ultimately seducing the character). I like the character and as a villian he is one of the elite top-tier but I don't agree with how he is guaged here.
====

On-topic in a straight up mystical fight I still got to give it to Shaman, but with prep.... Doom wins. As shown you give him time he can make your power his (he did some of that with tech, but now he is amalgamating them).

guy222
edit

guy222
Originally posted by -K-M-
Great, but this isn't Doom with the Beyonder's power or the Life-Force and neither he did those based on just magic which the thread is about (also there is even discussion Beyonder even let him take his power)

This thread was made in 2006 but today Doom is by far the worst character to debate on this board. As no one actually debates with him they just say Doom or "try" to make a wity remark involving Doom and that is it.

its ur thread and u can say who wins like all of us who make em

-K-M-
Originally posted by guy222
its ur thread and u can say who wins like all of us who make em

Sure, but when I ask for reasons I get nothing other then "Doom" and scenes that really don't relate to the specifications of the thread, which kind of make them redundant.

This is a thread I made in 2006, I don't really care about it or it would have been me that bumped it.... but it wasn't

guy222
wasn't my intention when i bumped it

have a good evening

YFZ 350
Doom wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.