Spiderman vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
For the upcoming bout of the century. Spiderman takes on Ironman.
Ironman isn't allowed to "hack" spidey's armor.

Who wins.

Dinalfos
Ironman. Easily.

endrict
Tinman wins with ease.

Scoobless
It wont be easy...and Spidey has already wrecked at least one version of Iron Man

Innerhype
Well Iron Man wins with ease.

Not much of a fight here at all really.

Also, Arno is vastly inferior Tony IMO.

Turok16
Not with ease. Hell no but yeah IM wins.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
It wont be easy...and Spidey has already wrecked at least one version of Iron Man

yes

Tony still only operates at roughly human-level reactions. And Parker has fought stronger and faster opponents before.

So yes, IM should win, but given, say, a city setting, the iron spidey costume, and a few lucky breaks (or a plot device) and it could happen.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
yes

Tony still only operates at roughly human-level reactions. And Parker has fought stronger and faster opponents before.

So yes, IM should win, but given, say, a city setting, the iron spidey costume, and a few lucky breaks (or a plot device) and it could happen.

Eh, didn't extremis bump up his reaction times? Wasn't there that speed feat of his where he did all kindsa crap, narrating ".0004 Seconds"?

I'd have to go to the respect thread to find it, I'll see what I can do.

Correction: The Iron Man respect thread on KMC sucks. Perhaps it was on another board, I recall seeing it. Maybe I'll find it eventually erm.

Just pointing out that Ironman has quite a bit better than 'normal human' refelexes and speed now.

H. S. 6
I'd like to see Spidey use some tech he cam up with to take Tony down. Think about it: Tony's been trying to fuel the inner scientist in Peter. Wouldn't it be a great dynamic if that came back to bite him in the ass?

Of course, afterwards, Peter grabs his old threads and wales down on the incapacitated Iron Man like never before. cool

Big Sexy
We'll see in 2-3 weeks.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
We'll see in 2-3 weeks.

yes

I'm excited. Finally he can stop jobbing because he's on the wrong side in CW. Having a bad showing against Cap was basically a requisite for him (though it was hardly a full fight), so now he can finally start beating down people that should be above him, just like Cap does constantly these days.

Innerhype
yes

After the events of 'Extermis', Tony's reaction time and speed are far beyond human-level.

Spiderman isn't winning under any circumstance save for some crazy no-sense plot device.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Innerhype
After the events of 'Extermis', Tony's reaction time and speed are far beyond human-level.

Spiderman isn't winning under any circumstance save for some crazy no-sense plot device.

So are lots of other peoples' reactions. Spidey's reactions are to "enhanced" guys like DD or martial artists like those guys are to regular people.

IM should still win, but all I'm saying is that it won't be a curbstomp. Parker can dodge and get some hits in on pretty much anyone, even though Tony eventually has methods of taking him out.

H. S. 6
In a real fight, I don't know if Spidey would have a fight.

What's he going to do against magnetic repulsors? erm

Arahan
He can Sting Tony in the eyes shifty

Innerhype
Originally posted by Arahan
He can Sting Tony in the eyes shifty

C'mon now.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

H. S. 6
C'mon now.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I believe that was a joke. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nimbus006
yes

Tony does not operate at human level reactions. That's ridiculous! In Iron Man # 7 he fights Crimson Dynamo and there are several panels where it shows him operating at above normal human reactions...way above!!! Infact I dont have the issue with me, but in one instance he is shown multi-tasking while he is fighting. When I get home I can post some actual things he does that show he has above human reaction times. Iron Man should take this 9/10 in my opinion.

srankmissingnin
Considering the way the last issue ended this "fight" should be over in one panel with Parker getting the life squeezed out of him in an Ironman bear hug until he passes out.

h1a8
The being in Iron Man is human. And not superhuman. If he shows anything way above human abilities (such as reflexes) then it is PIS.
Why? Because he is human.
By definition, if anyone does something out of human range then they are not human anymore (but superhuman).

With that said,
I think if the two started within 10 ft of each other then a well written spiderman (using the best of his abilities and no PIS) would own IM.
He would grab him and swing trash him on the ground back and forth like a rag doll. Like Droopy does when someone marks a mustage on his girls picture and laughs.

Spiderman's spidersense and speed would ensure him of not getting hit.
Spiderman could also perform the maximum spider combo on Tony. Destroying bit by bit his armor's weapons and crushing the armor itself before Tony can react. Remember in a true combo, it is impossible to recover after the first hit if later multiple hits are strung together fast enough. But If the first hit fails to daze (even slightly) then the combo can't work (like the first hit on Juggernaut in Marvel Super Heroes video game).
In theory, one could perform an infinite combo provided that they had infinite stamina, were fast enough, and the first hit dazed.
Thus all Spiderman has to do is get the first hit.

For more info on this, look at the video games Street Fighter 2 and Marvel Super Heroes.

In conclusion,
A bloodlust, determined, well written, best of abilities spiderman wins 10/10 if they start within 10ft of each other. Either by Maximum Spider Combo or by the rag doll thingy.
Man, Tony shouldn't have drawn a mustage on Mary Jane and laughed laughing

H. S. 6
Originally posted by h1a8
The being in Iron Man is human. And not superhuman. If he shows anything way above human abilities (such as reflexes) then it is PIS.
Why? Because he is human.
By definition, if anyone does something out of human range then they are not human anymore (but superhuman).

Wrong. smile

Tony Stark now has a healing factor, and enhanced reaction times due to the Extremis virus he injected in himself. Nice try, though.

Innerhype
What is Spidey doing to IM exactly?

Web would annoy Tony...

Spidey's waldos would break against IM's armor...

Punch him with his strongest right-hook? he might move Iron Man a bit but he'll shatter his hand.

In one of IM's recent comics, he was shown taking a bombardment from an army. Mass tank fire, artillery shells, bullets, missiles... Result: no effect.

Since Spidey doesn't have the firepower of even one tank shell, winning the actual fight isn't one of Spidey's options.

lando005
spidy will take it he may be at a disadvantage in this fight and after the fight he'll be missig from the frontlines of the war for a while but he'll take it, above all else he has the bigger need to win and after all he doesnt have to beat im he just has to escape him

h1a8
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Wrong. smile

Tony Stark now has a healing factor, and enhanced reaction times due to the Extremis virus he injected in himself. Nice try, though.

Not to say that I don't believe you but do you have any scans or comic issue #s showing him gaining enhanced reaction times from that.
Is this enhanced reaction great enough to stop Spidey from getting any hits whatsoever? Or is it a slight gain?

H. S. 6
Not to say that I don't believe you but do you have any scans or comic issue #s showing him gaining enhanced reaction times from that.
Is this enhanced reaction great enough to stop Spidey from getting any hits whatsoever? Or is it a slight gain?

It's definitely substantial. I'll get some scans.

Innerhype

Against Crimson Dynamo, Iron Man was watching him talk and basically counting the nano-seconds that passed

H. S. 6
Here's the scan:

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070108sz.jpg

The rest of the fight can be found in the Iron Man respect thread.

smile

h1a8
What is Spidey doing to IM exactly?

Web would annoy Tony...

Spidey's waldos would break against IM's armor...

Punch him with his strongest right-hook? he might move Iron Man a bit but he'll shatter his hand.

In one of IM's recent comics, he was shown taking a bombardment from an army. Mass tank fire, artillery shells, bullets, missiles... Result: no effect.

Since Spidey doesn't have the firepower of even one tank shell, winning the actual fight isn't one of Spidey's options.

Which comic is that? Any scans?

I think spidey can dismantle or destroy his weapons with strikes and crush bit by little bit his armor. Spidey has punched and crushed solid steel without effect to his hands several times. He has struck Juggernaut without hurting his hands and feet as well. He has bent solid tool steel with his index finger like it was rubber.

And remember kinetic energy (not momentum) is what causes damage. Kinetic energy=.5massxvelocity^2. By spidey punching and kicking as fast (or faster) as a bullet or artillery shell then by hit having more mass and less give (his feet are connected to the ground whereas a bullet's feet is connected to the air).

Thus he would have far greater kinetic energy than a bullet or artillery shell with added no give driving force (feet connected to the ground). Enough to hurt Hulk (who is also immune to bullets and artillery shell fire). Enough to crush and dent solid steel (as he has done before).

H. S. 6
Well, I doubt he'd be able to get past Iron Man's force fields anyway.

They've stood up to attacks directly from a SHIELD helicarrier. There's no way in hell Spidey packs the punch of a helicarrier, as cool as he is. stick out tongue

h1a8
Here's the scan:

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im070108sz.jpg

The rest of the fight can be found in the Iron Man respect thread.

smile

That is his armor reacting to an explosion and not himself.
Plus he planned to punch him even before he started talking. Hence press the button when he said the word "Have".

h1a8
Well, I doubt he'd be able to get past Iron Man's force fields anyway.

They've stood up to attacks directly from a SHIELD helicarrier. There's no way in hell Spidey packs the punch of a helicarrier, as cool as he is. stick out tongue

If spiderman don't get the first hit in before his shields then yes he loses all the time. But maybe spidey is fast enough to get the first hit in.

Innerhype
Which comic is that? Any scans?

I think spidey can dismantle or destroy his weapons with strikes and crush bit by little bit his armor. Spidey has punched and crushed solid steel without effect to his hands several times. He has struck Juggernaut without hurting his hands and feet as well. He has bent solid tool steel with his index finger like it was rubber.

And remember kinetic energy (not momentum) is what causes damage. Kinetic energy=.5massxvelocity^2. By spidey punching and kicking as fast (or faster) as a bullet or artillery shell then by hit having more mass and less give (his feet are connected to the ground whereas a bullet's feet is connected to the air).

Thus he would have far greater kinetic energy than a bullet or artillery shell with added no give driving force (feet connected to the ground). Enough to hurt Hulk (who is also immune to bullets and artillery shell fire). Enough to crush and dent solid steel (as he has done before).

Sorry, I don't think there are any scans of it but what I mention happens in The Invincible Iron Man #9 "Execute Program" part 3 of 4.

Also, it is not just the kinetic energy from missiles and artillery shells that you have to worry about, It's the blast from them that makes them so powerful.

Take a grenade for example, if you pull the pin and throw it at somebody, the person is going to notice getting hit by it for sure (might sting depending on how hard it is thrown), but he'll take that pain over whats coming a few seconds afterwards.

Soljer
That is his armor reacting to an explosion and not himself.
Plus he planned to punch him even before he started talking. Hence press the button when he said the word "Have".

That's not the armor reacting, that's tony.

Notice the narrations are Tony speaking. "I charge a magnetic pulse in my arm in .002 seconds" "I wait 1.043 seconds, and then nail him"

Get it? That's tony speaking, not the armor.

h1a8
Originally posted by Soljer
That's not the armor reacting, that's tony.

Notice the narrations are Tony speaking. "I charge a magnetic pulse in my arm in .002 seconds" "I wait 1.043 seconds, and then nail him"

Get it? That's tony speaking, not the armor.

No you misread
The narration says that his armor adapted to the blast

He charged a magnetic pulse in his arm to nail him with a super punch.

If not then he simply anticipated that was going to happen.
Or he either sense with his radar that exploding devices were coming from him and acted accordingly.

Innerhype
No you misread
The narration says that his armor adapted to the blast

He charged a magnetic pulse in his arm to nail him with a super punch.

If not then he simply anticipated that was going to happen.
Or he either sense with his radar that exploding devices were coming from him and acted accordingly.

By the narration you can see Tony is just waiting and counting the nanoseconds as they go by, He's so bored just standing there and waiting for him to finish his sentence he is actually counting the time.

That explains why he's in his computers back at S.E. creating new things and doing all those other things across the globe at the same time while "fighting" him.

The most likely explanation to those mini-bombs is that he just seen it coming with his own eyes, sensor sweeped the bombs to see how much damage they'd do and made adjustments to counter the effects.

"By the time he starts his sentence the armor adjusts to the explosion. .004 seconds" .004 seconds... the time it takes for those adjustments to take place

batdude123
Poor poor Spider-man.

ExtraMision5555
By the narration you can see Tony is just waiting and counting the nanoseconds as they go by, He's so bored just standing there and waiting for him to finish his sentence he is actually counting the time.

That explains why he's in his computers back at S.E. creating new things and doing all those other things across the globe at the same time while "fighting" him.

The most likely explanation to those mini-bombs is that he just seen it coming with his own eyes, sensor sweeped the bombs to see how much damage they'd do and made adjustments to counter the effects.

"By the time he starts his sentence the armor adjusts to the explosion. .004 seconds" .004 seconds... the time it takes for those adjustments to take place

while im not doubting that iron mans reaction time has drastly increased

i think you are seriously misinterpreteing the usage of the authors narroration

juggernaut66666
This has been done before.
edit

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
while im not doubting that iron mans reaction time has drastly increased

i think you are seriously misinterpreteing the usage of the authors narroration

Um... no. He says, "I wait 1.043 seconds to let him finish his sentence."

Tony is waiting a second to let the guy finish his sentence, and then he proceeds to throw the punch. The armor doesn't run on auto-drive; Tony allows Dynamo the luxury of finishing his sentence, and then he strikes.

This clearly shows Tony's enhanced reactions. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't even be able to make these coherent thoughts, plan out his moves ahead of time, and then set them into motion. wink

Soljer

Tony is waiting a second to let the guy finish his sentence, and then he proceeds to throw the punch. The armor doesn't run on auto-drive; Tony allows Dynamo the luxury of finishing his sentence, and then he strikes.

This clearly shows Tony's enhanced reactions. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't even be able to make these coherent thoughts, plan out his moves ahead of time, and then set them into motion. wink

EXACTLY.

Sorry, my friend.

You misread.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t340479.html
Ass**** miffed

stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555

Actually, i think i misread what i thought you ment. I thought you ment that he was speaking withinn .004ths of seconds (thats not what you ment is it?) because the robot said the entire sentence FIRST, and then Tony explained waht happened withinn that sentence.

Unless you really ment he was talking withinn the robots sentence, in that case, i woudl be lead to believe that is incorrect

Tron
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
edit

DON'T do that again.

Anyway, this has been done more than once, especially with the upcoming fight:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300631

ExtraMision5555
yik

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by rotiart

Who wins. These have been showing up alot. What has Spiderman done that would make it seem logical that he would beat an all-out IronMan (despite ripping his armor with his bare hands before).

What If...
I feel bad for h1a8.

h1a8
I was just going off of spidey's and IM's abilities as I know them.
I didn't know Ironman had mega reflexes that counts in thousandths of a second (I think the narration needs to be studied more though).

But if it is correct and Ironman does have reflexes fast enough to count thousandths of a second then he wins. See I'm not stubborn or fanboy. When something makes sense to me then I agree (Unlike some members here).

But if this is true then you know how powerful this makes ironman.
Pretty damn powerful indeed.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Tron
DON'T do that again.

Anyway, this has been done more than once, especially with the upcoming fight:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300631
eek!

Arahan
I believe that was a joke. roll eyes (sarcastic)

no really he can even stab Tony through his armor or
he can use his incredebile speed to dance around him to make him
dizzy. that makes all sense, sounds that like joke?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth Vegas
Iron Man takes this victory easily.

starlock
i will take iron man for the win,but it will not be easy.

i know alot of you dont know the role-playing games for marvel,but spideys dangersense is higher(better) than any ranking on iron mans armor in all the systems that i know granted i dont have the marvel system from 2003,so there is something to think about,but iron man is to versatile to loose to spiderman

ironman 8/10

Innerhype
But if this is true then you know how powerful this makes ironman.
Pretty damn powerful indeed.

Correct, Iron Man has been one of Marvel's top tiers for some time now.

Soljer
Correct, Iron Man has been one of Marvel's top tiers for some time now.

I don't know how quickly I'd label him Top Tier.

Titles like that are reserved for...oh...say....

Sentry?

stick out tongue.

Innerhype
Originally posted by starlock
i will take iron man for the win,but it will not be easy.

i know alot of you dont know the role-playing games for marvel,but spideys dangersense is higher(better) than any ranking on iron mans armor in all the systems that i know granted i dont have the marvel system from 2003,so there is something to think about,but iron man is to versatile to loose to spiderman

ironman 8/10

I have the 2003 marvel RP book. The Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game. in it, Spiderman is pretty damn good with some great attacks and could very well take Iron Man in maybe 3 or 4 rounds, but Iron Man could take Spiderman with just one all out blast in 1 round though it might be 2 with Spidey's prescience.

Innerhype
Originally posted by Soljer
I don't know how quickly I'd label him Top Tier.

Titles like that are reserved for...oh...say....

Sentry?

stick out tongue.

Hey, he defeated Sentry...

shifty

RUNMAN
Iron-Man wins this fight.

Scoobless
I think Spider-Man will do better in the upcoming fight than most of you are giving him credit for.... I don't think he'll win, but he definitely wont be a walkover for Tony.

Apart from still being a little faster than IM, Spidey does tend to fight a little smarter when going against more powerful opponents and he may be strong enough to pull some pieces of the armour off of IM, Tony relies too heavily on tech (duh).... either way it should be interesting

Soljer
I think Spider-Man will do better in the upcoming fight than most of you are giving him credit for.... I don't think he'll win, but he definitely wont be a walkover for Tony.

Apart from still being a little faster than IM, Spidey does tend to fight a little smarter when going against more powerful opponents and he may be strong enough to pull some pieces of the armour off of IM, Tony relies too heavily on tech (duh).... either way it should be interesting

Eh, considering the upcoming fight is written in Civil War: Hitler Stark, yeah, Spiderman will probably do a LOT better in the comic.

On the forum, though? Some people may be giving him a little TOO much credit.

nimbus006

Ok Scoob first off Spider man is not faster than Tony. I think you mean quicker, or that he has faster reaction time. Iron Man can move at speeds above Mach 3 so we know he is faster than SM. As for being quicker or having faster reaction time let's see... In 1.043 seconds IM adjusts to an explosion, charges a pulse into his arm, and clocks Crymson Dynamo with a punch traveling at 3,500 ft/second( that is the best stastical proof I can think of to describe IM's reaction time). I don't think SM can move or react that fast, unless his spider sense comes into play. I agree with you that the fight will be closer than most people think seeing as its going to be written in SM book. Besides Tony is not going to be trying to kill Peter, although Peter will probably be going all out since he is extremely pissed at Tony.

Dinalfos
Peter may be pissed, but Tony is still a friend.

ExtraMision5555
can WB not
orr rather
"CW"

not show batman reruns allreadY??? i want new things
new batman episodes

ShoopDaWhoop
I`m certain Spidey can`t get through Ironman`s shields, so he isn`t tearing his armor off. BTW, that 'Ironman from the future' ,whose suit was smashed by Spidey, found one of Tony`s OLDER suits and rigged a time traveling device to it.

IMO he`d decimate him 10/10 times with Hi5 L4z0rz!!!1

Tony Stark
Hey, he defeated Sentry...

shifty

yes

You IM haters need to give him his props he did beat Sentry like it or not and it was well within Tony's normal actions (tech)... Almost killed Gravitron and the Super-Adaptoid and wasn't taken down by Micheal when they met either...

With EXTREMIS Tony's got faster reactions than spidey has a healing factor rivaling Logans and Tony has always been 5x smarter than Peter and he can think even faster than he can now react... And IM is mid to high CL100 to Spidey being CL10.

Without Dazzler/Squirrel Girl PIS or Tony treating Peter like son and not wanting to hurt him... it is over before spidey knows what hit him.

IM wins 11/10

wink

batdude123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
yes

You IM haters need to give him his props he did beat Sentry like it or not and it was well within Tony's normal actions (tech)... Almost killed Gravitron and the Super-Adaptoid and wasn't taken down by Micheal when they met either...

With EXTREMIS Tony's got faster reactions than spidey has a healing factor rivaling Logans and Tony has always been 5x smarter than Peter and he can think even faster than he can now react... And IM is mid to high CL100 to Spidey being CL10.

Without Dazzler/Squirrel Girl PIS or Tony treating Peter like son and not wanting to hurt him... it is over before spidey knows what hit him.

IM wins 11/10

wink

Correct, except Spider-man is class 15-20.

Iron Man 10/10.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by batdude123
Correct, except Spider-man is class 15-20.

Iron Man 10/10. You're just mad cuz Thor Pwns Superman. stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You're just mad cuz Thor Pwns Superman. stick out tongue

NAH!!

Tha C-Master
On topic, Iron Man always wins, why are these continuing to be made?

Tony Stark
You're just mad cuz Thor Pwns Superman. stick out tongue

yes

Yes THOR does PWN Supes.

cool

batdude123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
yes

Yes THOR does PWN Supes.

cool

Nah!

Tha C-Master
You're outnumbered now... just accept defeat!

batdude123
You're outnumbered now... just accept defeat!

NAH!!

Superherovandal
NAH!!!

Faceman
Originally posted by rotiart

Who wins. Dude, hit the search next time....

yugotank
What could Spiderman do? Punch his armor? Even drunk or sporting a killer hangover - Iron Man cleans his clock!

quanchi112
ironman beats his ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.