Namor vs. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
-Fights in Manhattan close enough to water so that Namor could take a dip if need be.

-Doom has regular armour, no doombots or extra equipment.

-No prep.

DarkCrawler
Namor wins.

Scoobless
I agree with the fanboy

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
sad

glare

Turok16
Agreed.

1. http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/4393/1fs6.gif
2. http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2982/2yw3.gif
3. http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/3134/3bz3.gif
4. http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/6295/4cw3.gif
5. http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8766/5ce7.gif

Hes pissed.

H. S. 6
Doesn't Doom have, like, magic now?

DarkCrawler
Yeah, but he has not really showcased much things with it. Nothing to beat up Namor straight off the bat, anyway, he needed prep when he attacked FF with magic. He hasn't showcased much spells that wouldn't need time to prepare aside the usual force blast ones. And those alone would not be enough to take Namor out.

Turok16
So Namor wins I think. cool

Galan777
Originally posted by Scoobless
I agree with the fanboy

roll eyes (sarcastic) For some reason I laughed really hard when I read this stick out tongue

But Namor does take this

nimbus006
Couldn't Doom use some sort of heat wave/blast to dehydrate Namor? I know I said its close enough to water where he could rehydrate, but it would still weaken him enough for Doom to take advantage of. Another thing how would Namor get passed Dooms force field? I really want to know who wins here, so if someone could give a few fight details as to how they think it would go, that would be great.

Grimm22
Doom's regular armor is still more than enougth to take down Namor erm

Doom ftw

Grimm22
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Doesn't Doom have, like, magic now?

Doom has always been an expert in Magic wink

Its just that only recently have writers begun to realize that

What If...

Rewmac
Namor can beat him. Why? I've
seen some of his feats in the respect thread....

snoopdogg
Doom has enountered Namor enough times to most likely have standard built in gear in his suit to take Namor down. Or maybe not. Dooms a tricky f*cker.

I just cannot see Namor winning but I'm willing to negotiate.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Grimm22
Doom's regular armor is still more than enougth to take down Namor erm

Doom ftw

How it is? I can only remember Doom being able to defeat Namor when he was berserk and attacking at him like a madman, but thinking Namor would press attack and not give him a chance to retaliate.

He is a LOT faster, many, many times stronger (I'd rate Doom maybe Class 85 in his best showings), and way more experienced fighter too. Doom's only offensive capable of working in Namor is his concussive blasts, which don't generate much heat to my information.

And I don't think Doom has some special means to defeat Namor. He hasn't shown any, anyway. They are near-buddies anyway, Doom has said so himself...

I see Namor taking high majority in non-prep battle. Doom with prep results to Namor being ****ed, obviously.

Horrificus
Doom HAS taken down Namor before already. Beaten him and captured him.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, but Namor has taken Doom down before too...so moot point. And Doom has usually had the advantage of Namor having lost his memory or just being plain berseker. This one is current Namor without Doom having prep or anything.

OneDumbG0
Doom would never be foolish enough to engage Namor in the sea considering his experience now. Unless Namor's got Atlantean tech to spread the sea out over Manhattan, Doom clearly disables him after he comes back out of the water. Let's face it, Namor had no chance against Strange's enchantments in 'Illuminati' and although Doom's magic is not on Strange's level, he still takes advantage of it to the fullest.

If the OP didn't take away Doom's arsenal and prep from this fight, which is clearly stacking the odds against him and placing him out of character, out of pure ingenuity and nastiness, Doom probably throws a water contamination poison capsule from his belt into the water and corrupts the water and takes away Namor's backup option. How many people doubt that Doom would have such a device ready at hand? Not me. Unfortunately, Doom only has his armor and magicks. Still good enough for me. He's like Iron Man, Dr. Strange and Reed Richards put together with a nasty evil streak.

Namor's got brawn, skill and speed against Doom's tech, ingenuity and magic. Doom's pride and perhaps underestimation of Namor would be Namor's only chances. Then again, Namor's equally as arrogant as Doom. Even if Namor could summon the strength to overwhelm Doom's personal forcefields (man has taken shots from IG Thanos for goodness sake), Doom's still nto above transferring his mind to Namor's body as a last resort like he did to the FF's Invisible Woman in one of their last fights.

Doom 8/10.

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Grimm22
Doom has always been an expert in Magic wink

Its just that only recently have writers begun to realize that sadly yes..

snoopdogg
Anybody have scans between Namor/Dooms fights?

Milkie
There are a few in the Namor Respect Thread

Horrificus
Is there a Dr. Doom respect thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.