Plotverine vs. ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Alright, this isn't a bash thread, this isn't a joke thread, this isn't a thread to attract Wolverine haters to make pitiful jokes about a fictional character they happen to dislike.

Rather, I am curious; if we take Wolverines highest showings, and ONLY his highest showings, what is the WEAKEST character that could beat him?

This Wolverine can toss well over half a ton single handedly. He can survive a nuke, and a blast by Nitro that took him to the skeleton. He can keep up with Spiderman in speed. He can stab Thanos (even while he holds the fugging infinity gauntlet!). Etc. etc.

Only his greatest showings.

The competition is restricted in that they cannot simply turn off his mutant power, or combat it in anyway. No anti-healing factor corrosives, and no turning off of the X gene permitted. Anyone who can fly is restricted to fifty feet for the match (Wolverine can jump about fifty feet, right? stick out tongue ).

All of this said...what is the weakest character you can think of that can STILL outdo Wolverine?

ExtraMision5555
Seriously? if we were to raise Wolverine to a highest-level feat powerset, then he is literally a hearold, and possibly a low skyfather

therefore, no "weak" mutant would kill him

Ultraman Baltan
Karate Kid.

Soljer
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Seriously? if we were to raise Wolverine to a highest-level feat powerset, then he is literally a hearold, and possibly a low skyfather

therefore, no "weak" mutant would kill him

roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, this is what I meant when I said "this thread is not meant for haters to come in and make pitiful jokes," surviving a nuke is HARDLY a herald level feat.

Soljer
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Karate Kid.

Quite possibly! I'm not sure how he'd keep Wolverine down, but perhaps he could endow his strikes with unhealable-chi, or something. Never know with Karate Kid!

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, this is what I meant when I said "this thread is not meant for haters to come in and make pitiful jokes," surviving a nuke is HARDLY a herald level feat.

who said i was a hater? im not
it wasnt a joke either

but i stick to what i said smile

<3

bigbran
roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, this is what I meant when I said "this thread is not meant for haters to come in and make pitiful jokes," surviving a nuke is HARDLY a herald level feat. No seriously. It's true.

Plus his highest showing was when he became like an Eternity level..... with CLAWS!!

Soljer
Originally posted by bigbran
No seriously. It's true.

Plus his highest showing was when he became like an Eternity level..... with CLAWS!!

No, no, no. This isn't Eternity Wolverine. It's just normal Wolverine, but with only his best showings taken into account. Upgrades (however temporary) do not count.

Scoobless
Human Torch?

no expression

Soljer
Originally posted by Scoobless
Human Torch?

no expression

Perhaps...

Wolverine survived having all his flesh burned from his body, though. I could see Plotverine leaping into the air and impaling Johnny.

erm. And the fact that I could see that happening is very sad indeed.

King_Mungi
That scene with Nuke is actually going to be explained soon in his series, he mostly like took the same drug that amplified Nuke's power.

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
That scene with Nuke is actually going to be explained soon in his series, he mostly like took the same drug that amplified Nuke's power.

MGH. We assume. I realize it's going to (hopefully) be explained away.

Doesn't matter. For now, it's still cannon, and there is no other explanation besides Wolverines plot powers.

Scoobless
Sandman could still take him at those levels

lando005
squrrel girl

Soljer
Sandman could still take him at those levels

Definitely.

ExodusCloak
Darwin...

I'd say Serafina as well...but knowing Wolverine he'll probably manage to dodge her tech...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5773/xmen191018gg1.th.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8615/xmen191019we0.th.jpg

Soljer
We're supposed to be finding the weakest character possible. Darwin is potentially one of the strongest characters Marvel has ever produced. He, for obvious reasons, shouldn't be mentioned.

ExodusCloak
We're supposed to be finding the weakest character possible. Darwin is potentially one of the strongest characters Marvel has ever produced. He, for obvious reasons, shouldn't be mentioned.

Yeah I figured that much...but I felt the need to mention is name...what about Telepaths...or Wallflower....? Elixir...if he can get close enough...without getting killed...

Oh Prodigy...repowered....he could do it...

BTW Do KO's count as wins? Dust possibly?

What about Layla Miller (Deus Ex Machina) shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Yeah I figured that much...but I felt the need to mention is name...what about Telepaths...or Wallflower....? Elixir...if he can get close enough...without getting killed...

Oh Prodigy...repowered....he could do it...

BTW Do KO's count as wins? Dust possibly?

What about Layla Miller (Deus Ex Machina) shifty

Wolverine has shown resistance to even Xavier level telepathy before, at high showings. Thus, telepathy is pretty useless.

Also, KO's would count, but Wolverine at his best is pretty much incapable of getting knocked out, erm.

ExodusCloak
Wolverine has shown resistance to even Xavier level telepathy before, at high showings. Thus, telepathy is pretty useless.

Also, KO's would count, but Wolverine at his best is pretty much incapable of getting knocked out, erm.

You mean the Cassandra Nova one where he switched off his mind and went into feral range....do we assume that ALL telepathy doesn't work on him? Because he only resisted one particular type of attack...IIRC Mind Control...which he was pretty good at anyway....

But in the Case of Dust he can't really physically hurt her...
Prodigy(Mental Blockless) apparently can "potentially" beat Wolverine in H2H....
Wallflowers phermones could probably be resisted...
Elixir won't get close enough...

But Layla:

Layla currently possesses the ability to see paths of causality to their ultimate conclusion, which allows her to alter events to prevent or cause certain occurrences; this gives her a sense of apparent omniscience.

So as Capt America says...she'll find a way....because her power shows her the way to victory...

Soljer
You mean the Cassandra Nova one where he switched off his mind and went into feral range....do we assume that ALL telepathy doesn't work on him? Because he only resisted one particular type of attack...IIRC Mind Control...which he was pretty good at anyway....

But in the Case of Dust he can't really physically hurt her...
Prodigy(Mental Blockless) apparently can "potentially" beat Wolverine in H2H....
Wallflowers phermones could probably be resisted...
Elixir won't get close enough...

But Layla:

Layla currently possesses the ability to see paths of causality to their ultimate conclusion, which allows her to alter events to prevent or cause certain occurrences; this gives her a sense of apparent omniscience.

So as Capt America says...she'll find a way....because her power shows her the way to victory...

I agree, but there's a problem.

You keep naming people that either A) Can't beat Plotverine or B) are way TOO strong to be up for competition in this sort of debate.

At least you're thinking, though. Some creative ideas, me thinks. smile.

ExodusCloak
I agree, but there's a problem.

You keep naming people that either A) Can't beat Plotverine or B) are way TOO strong to be up for competition in this sort of debate.

At least you're thinking, though. Some creative ideas, me thinks. smile.

Thanks....meh...can't think of anymore...I'm trying to go for some of the more obscurely powered characters ...and I'm looking at New X-Men for some weakish ones...was thinking Mercury(Cessily )....but I don't know if she'll be able to KO him....interesting topic...though...nice work...

Scoobless
How about Plotertooth or the Plotisher?

stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555

stick out tongue laughing out loud

Soljer

stick out tongue

Wouldn't it be Plotertooth? Where is the V in Sabretooth? stick out tongue.

Besides, I don't think the idea behind these sorts of topics is bad. What is the weakest character that could take the VERY best of wolverine? Hell, what is the STRONGEST character that the very WORST of Wolverine could take? Anyone stronger than a deer, or more powerful than a single bullet from a handgun could put him down....wink.

ExtraMision5555
Wouldn't it be Plotertooth? Where is the V in Sabretooth? stick out tongue.

Besides, I don't think the idea behind these sorts of topics is bad. What is the weakest character that could take the VERY best of wolverine? Hell, what is the STRONGEST character that the very WORST of Wolverine could take? Anyone stronger than a deer, or more powerful than a single bullet from a handgun could put him down....wink.

i swear i saw a v too lol
but i think he fixed it

Soljer
but i think he fixed it

Aww, damnit.

Editor! RAWR!

Scoobless
but i think he fixed it

whistling

shifty

You guys'll have to be faster than that to catch Extremis-Scoob out!

evil face

Grimm22
Darwin...

I'd say Serafina as well...but knowing Wolverine he'll probably manage to dodge her tech...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5773/xmen191018gg1.th.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8615/xmen191019we0.th.jpg

Proof that Batman with prep > Wolverine big grin

ExtraMision5555
whistling

shifty

You guys'll have to be faster than that to catch Extremis-Scoob out!

evil face laughing laughing laughing

Tha C-Master
Alright, this isn't a bash thread, this isn't a joke thread, this isn't a thread to attract Wolverine haters to make pitiful jokes about a fictional character they happen to dislike.

Rather, I am curious; if we take Wolverines highest showings, and ONLY his highest showings, what is the WEAKEST character that could beat him?

This Wolverine can toss well over half a ton single handedly. He can survive a nuke, and a blast by Nitro that took him to the skeleton. He can keep up with Spiderman in speed. He can stab Thanos (even while he holds the fugging infinity gauntlet!). Etc. etc.

Only his greatest showings.

The competition is restricted in that they cannot simply turn off his mutant power, or combat it in anyway. No anti-healing factor corrosives, and no turning off of the X gene permitted. Anyone who can fly is restricted to fifty feet for the match (Wolverine can jump about fifty feet, right? stick out tongue ).

All of this said...what is the weakest character you can think of that can STILL outdo Wolverine? I constructed this name long before you came. Such an atrocity can only be known as... Wolverine Prime!!!! eek!

Soljer
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I constructed this name long before you came. Such an atrocity can only be known as... Wolverine Prime!!!! eek!

-_-

Plotverine sounds cooler.

Tha C-Master
-_-

Plotverine sounds cooler. Bah... too bad... stick out tongue

Precrisis Wolverine sounds cool though. 2005 was the the year of the fanboy rush, there were many, and the battle bloody, but heroes like DC and others kept the forum safe.

Scoobless
Bah... too bad... stick out tongue

Precrisis Wolverine sounds cool though. 2005 was the the year of the fanboy rush, there were many, and the battle bloody, but heroes like DC and others kept the forum safe.
-_-

Plotverine sounds cooler.

Much like we have "PC Superman", I think this entity will become known as "CW Wolverine" for many years to come.

no expression

Tha C-Master
Much like we have "PC Superman", I think this entity will become known as "CW Wolverine" for many years to come.

no expression This stuff started happening waaay before civil war.

Dreampanther
Blink

Scoobless
This stuff started happening waaay before civil war.

But it's peaking now.... if it turns out to be an MGH thing (and it had better) then Post-CW Wolverine should be back to sane(ish) power levels.

fingers crossed...

no expression

Tha C-Master
But it's peaking now.... if it turns out to be an MGH thing (and it had better) then Post-CW Wolverine should be back to sane(ish) power levels.

fingers crossed...

no expression What if it doesn't and the fanboys finally get what they want?

srankmissingnin
What gives you the impression that Wolverine would be on MGH?

And that Nitro thing isn't that bad. The artist took some liberties in tune with his stylized art work. The writer said him self that Wolverine's wasn't incinerated... and even if he was it still isn't as bad as when Wolverine was standing under the vend of a nuclear reactor when it released then walked around as a burning ball of flame so hot that the steel steps instantly melted under his feet as he climbed.

riceroost
This Wolverine can toss well over half a ton single handedly. He can survive a nuke, and a blast by Nitro that took him to the skeleton. He can keep up with Spiderman in speed. I fail to understand how either of the above 2 feats are considered top level Wolverine feats. He has performed both those feats MANY times, to the point where they are arguably the NORM.

A high end Wolverine strength feat would be knocking down a door that was being held in place by Omega Level telekinetic X-Man. Wolverine lifting over 1/2 a ton one handed is the standard.

Wolverine dodging projectiles moving at light speed is a high end feat, not keeping up with Spider-Man. DD has kept up with Spider-Man and last time I checked he had olympic level human speed. Wolverine being able to keep up with Spidey is again the standard, no matter how much you all want to deny it. Wolverine has matched Spidey's speed most of the time they meet.
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
And that Nitro thing isn't that bad. The artist took some liberties in tune with his stylized art work. The writer said him self that Wolverine's wasn't incinerated... and even if he was it still isn't as bad as when Wolverine was standing under the vend of a nuclear reactor when it released then walked around as a burning ball of flame so hot that the steel steps instantly melted under his feet as he climbed. Thank you god. I thought I was the only person that still remembered that. Everyone complains about Wolverine's rediculous HF these days, but the sad fact is that's how it was portrayed in the definitive Wolverine origin.

dawsey28
Human Torch?

no expression

But hasn't Wolverine defeated the human Torch? confused

More than once? confused

Scoobless
Originally posted by riceroost
I fail to understand how either of the above 2 feats are considered top level Wolverine feats. He has performed both those feats MANY times, to the point where they are arguably the NORM.

only if you're insane

smile

Tha C-Master
Consistency isn't contingent on PIS at all. I can understand to a degree. But only to a very small one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.