Iconic villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
Who's villain is more iconic than Catwoman?

Galan777
Joker

Newjak
wait is this just Batman Villians becuase if so then yeah Joker would be tops.

Accel
Joker's gotta be the most famous villain around.

psy_blade
All comic book villains from all companies.

Newjak
Originally posted by Accel
Joker's gotta be the most famous villain around. I don't know you have Lex Luther he is very iconic.

Magneto is also very iconic right now.

Galan777
Originally posted by psy_blade
All comic book villains from all companies.

Accel
Originally posted by Newjak
I don't know you have Lex Luther he is very iconic.

Magneto is also very iconic right now.
Lex is another possibility. Don't know about Magneto though.

I just firmly believe that there are more people who know who Joker is than there are who know of any other villain.

psy_blade
Villains only.

I think the most iconic hero is Superman followed by Batman and then Wonder Woman.

I don't know about the villains.

Galan777
Originally posted by Accel
Lex is another possibility. Don't know about Magneto though.

I just firmly believe that there are more people who know who Joker is than there are who know of any other villain. I agree with that

Galan777
Originally posted by psy_blade
Villains only.

I think the most iconic hero is Superman followed by Batman and then Wonder Woman.

I don't know about the villains. As far as heroes, the most iconic would be

Supes, Bats, Spiderman, and Cap America

Even if you dont like them, you know who they are..

Milkie
Dr. Doom

Green Goblin

Newjak
Dr. Doom is a very good one

Not so much Geen Goblin the only really iconic Villian Spiderman has would probably be Venom.

Magneto is very popular and I was thinking with the X-Men Movies out he would probably be very well known right now.

ExtraMision5555
is there a stand out marvel villan? like on the level of a DC villan? you COULd say magneto, but ide say hes closer to an anti-hero than a villan, although he is just plain villanous sometimes

i think, i could be wrong, but venom may be the closest to a most well known villan in the mu

Newjak
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
is there a stand out marvel villan? like on the level of a DC villan? you COULd say magneto, but ide say hes closer to an anti-hero than a villan, although he is just plain villanous sometimes

i think, i could be wrong, but venom may be the closest to a most well known villan in the mu Dr. Doom is a very good one.

You could almost say Galactus as well if you want to classify him asa villian which is how most people see him.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Newjak
Dr. Doom is a very good one.

You could almost say Galactus as well if you want to classify him asa villian which is how most people see him.

Yes dr doom is a relatively well known villan, especially seeing how MF doom's (hip hop artist) facad is clearly influenced by dr doom

facad

is that how you spell it?
fah-saad

golem370
Venom The Goblins and Magneto Doctor Octopus Lex Luther Mister M

Scoobless

Dr Doom, Thanos, Loki and Mephisto

But for sheer power and terror-inspiring presence there's really only one contender....

shifty

Wait for it

whistling

STILT-MAN!!!

evil face

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Scoobless
Dr Doom, Thanos, Loki and Mephisto

But for sheer power and terror-inspiring presence there's really only one contender:

STILT-MAN!!!

STOP WITH THE DAMN STILT MAN!!!!!!!

laughing

Scoobless
Never! .... I'm going to keep this up until he gets his own limited series.

evil face

SpunkySmurph
Well, to the average layman, I agree, Joker is most well known. However, that goes for alot of Bats villains. Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Riddler and Two-face are all very well known. Moreso then Catwoman? Joker, for sure. I don't know about any of the others.

But, right now, Magneto is very iconic as well. He might be seen as an anti-hero to those whom take a closer examination, but again, to the average passerby, he's the X-Man villain from the movies.

Galan777
Nice Sig!

Sub_Mariner
Never! .... I'm going to keep this up until he gets his own limited series.

evil face

The sad thing is, i'd read it. laughing

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Galan777
Nice Sig!

big grin Thanks.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
The sad thing is, i'd read it. laughing

So you should, it worked wonders for Taskmasters rep.

Ultraman Baltan
1. Joker
2. Lex Luther
3. Green Goblin
4. Dr. Octopus
5. Catwoman
6. Venom
7. Penguin
8. Dr. Doom
9. Riddler
10. Kingpin

Priest
Lex luther
Magento
Doom
Green Goblin
Joker
are just some off the top of my head...

Juntai
Joker is top of the heap.
My wife said Joker too when I asked her.

Scoobless
He may be one of the best known but i wouldn't call him the most iconic

illadelph12
I'd have to say Joker is the most "iconic", as far as being the most recognized supervillain across both generational and pop cultural lines. Members of Batman's rogues gallery (Penguin, Riddler, Joker, Catwoman) were household names since back in the 60s with that campy Batman series starring Adam West. Another big time comic book villain is Bluto from the Popeye comics. He's "Iconic", if not "archtypical". I'd say it goes:

1a-1d) Batman's Rogue's Gallery (Joker being best known, followed by Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler).
2) Lex Luthor (You don't go up against the best known superhero for nearly a century without becoming a household name).
3) Megatron (Transformers are very, very, very big worldwide. Everyone knows who Megatron is ).
4) Dr. Doom (Doom is the archtypical super genius villain, and appeared in just about every Marvel Hero's rogue's gallery at one point or another just to lend the hero credibility).
5) Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles main villain. Highly recognizable and widely known).
6) Cobra Commander (Among people age 24-50+, he's extremely recognizable. To the younger generation, not so much).
7) Bluto (Everyone knows Popeye, and everyone knows the guy that he used to punch around 24/7).
8) Magneto (Outside of Xmen fans and people that have seen the films/cartoons, he's not as big or easily recognized as the people above. When you say "Megatron" or " Cobra Commander" to someone they immediately know who your speaking of. Magneto also, but not to as great of a degree. My Mom knows who Megatron and Cobra Commander are based on name dropping alone.).

Will think of more. I didn't include Doomsday or Bane because they aren't so much "iconic" as much as they are the villains created for very high profile comic book events and therefore are well known. Doomsday only known for "killing" Superman and Bane is only known for breaking Batman's back. Other than that they aren't known widely for anything more to your common observer.

brainchild81
Magneto. Dr. Doom. Dr. Octopus. Luthor

Scoobless
Who the f**k is "Cobra Commander"?

Anyway, there really is only one villain that fits the profile of "Pure Evil" .... think about it, whose very existence says "I'm a villain" more than........

whistling

betcha can't guess what's coming

evil face

SWARM!!!

I mean COME ON!!!!...he's a freakin' Super-Nazi ........... made out of bees!!!!

Betcha thought I was going somewhere else with that!

stick out tongue

illadelph12
:shakes head:

FOOM
Obviously, Boris and Natasha

2nd: Mr. Jeebes, the old man who owns the deserted old amusementpark (Scooby-Doo)

grey fox
Yes dr doom is a relatively well known villan, especially seeing how MF doom's (hip hop artist) facad is clearly influenced by dr doom

facad

is that how you spell it?
fah-saad

Facade

grey fox
Who the f**k is "Cobra Commander"?

GI Joe . Leader of 'Cobra' a terrorist military organisation. Usually wears a blue suit and has an army as well as a few reasonably iconic villains.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
GI Joe . Leader of 'Cobra' a terrorist military organisation. Usually wears a blue suit and has an army as well as a few reasonably iconic villains.

Really? .... I thought you might have been talking about that Flash villain... either way I'm not too familiar with him

grey fox
Really? .... I thought you might have been talking about that Flash villain... either way I'm not too familiar with him

Meh , it's GI joe. I did the odd wiki search when everyone was comparing it to TF while saying they were the greatest thins ever produced...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.