Just want to know how gaming developers design games...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ysh227
Just want to know how gaming developers design games...

I have a question, I really want to know in what ways were they making games.

I have seen some videos that includes recording their games-makings in their developer rooms. They seemed to be using Window Software and Computer Softwares to design how chracters look in Squaresoft-Enix field.

It means they made games with less efforts. Those gaming developers only need to design formats of characters and environments, and they would update those to the real project for the new game.

So basically they don't really need to put that much of works, because there would be hired experienced artists to portrait those characters and those developers only rely on Window Operation to designate characters.

Is this kinda true???

They don't need to write plots as there would be some authors who would have finished writing the plots for those games.

Mišt
Gaming magazines are your best source, they often have developer interviews and such, or IGN has a shitload of stuff, download a few developer diaries from various games.

Spearhead
Some people design story/characters/levels etc, some portray and then animate, others program, others analyze ways to make it better. It's a large process that no one person can do on their own.

((The_Anomaly))
LOL, in no way do game designers have it easy. Its a very demanding job with extremely long hours. I wouldn't want to do it. It would be exhausting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.