Power Cosmic or Magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
Which would you pick if you had full acess to it?
Or You can Have Both But Only Have Half Of The Power Of Both

Milkie
Magic

There is a spell for everything

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Milkie
Magic

There is a spell for everything

True, but you gotta know the spell to do it and sometime the prep time on some spells takes way too long. wink

I'll go for a mixture of both like Morg. (IIRC)

V for Valentine
Yeah, you have to study magic for a long time to get as good as.. say Strange, but if you get the power cosmic its alot easier and quicker.

Priest
power cosmic has more potential

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Priest
Co-signed. Like modifying molecules and so on.

Galan777
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
Which would you pick if you had full acess to it?
Or You can Have Both But Only Have Half Of The Power Of Both Definatley Power Cosmic.

Ill take Big G's power anyday wink

trolly_crouchjr
Which has more Raw Power?
Magic or PC?
PC is like for beings that keeps the universe together.

Galan777
with magic you have to know spells, and possess artifacts for it to be powerful.......

Power Cosmic is much better for those reasons alone IMO

Endless Mike
Power Cosmic basically is just magic with a different name.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Power Cosmic basically is just magic with a different name.

Beat me to it.

Validus
Originally posted by Priest
Disagree.

juggernaut66666
edit

UniOmni
Originally posted by Validus
Disagree.

Challenge!!!

Surfer and others with PC have done some insane things.

PC is basically magic, imo.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Challenge!!!

Surfer and others with PC have done some insane things.

PC is basically magic, imo.
Correction.

Galactus and Surfer have done amazing things. The rest just shoot energy blasts.

batdude123
Correction.

Galactus and Surfer have done amazing things. The rest just shoot energy blasts.

laughing out loud

UniOmni
Correction.

sick

Milkie
Originally posted by HandOfFate
True, but you gotta know the spell to do it and sometime the prep time on some spells takes way too long. wink

I'll go for a mixture of both like Morg. (IIRC)

The guy said Full Access

Plus Magic is YOURS and it can't be taken away from you like the Power Cosmic

Plus The Power Cosmic would be harder to use then Magic.

I can use Science to nullify your Power Cosmic...

Roldz
Magic would own PC, Think of Spectre/Lucifer/Michael/Scarlet Witch (Hex i thought is magic)..

grey fox
Correction.

Nope.

Red-shift uses it to make wormholes. Johnny can make nukes and See through planets. Galactus uses it to power his machines.

Plus Magic is YOURS and it can't be taken away from you like the Power Cosmic

Tell that to The Spectre....

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
Nope.

Red-shift uses it to make wormholes. Johnny can make nukes and See through planets. Galactus uses it to power his machines.

Yeah, I didn't know that stuff. . .

Dr. Strange alone is more versatile than any herald of Galactus. So is Dr. Fate and both are more powerful too.

Originally posted by grey fox
Tell that to The Spectre....
That was a case of magic trumping magic, at least if you're referring to what I think you are.

Milkie
Spectre used Magic to steal Magic not the Power Cosmic to steal Magic

batdude123
Magic 10/10.

leonidas
odin was unable to help bill by himself and couldn't understand what the surfer was doing to bill. thanos's cosmic power served him well against odin -- odin was simply the more powerful of the 2.

mr. mxy has been said to both use 5th dimensional 'science' AND magic. at the highest levels they are impossible to tell apart. lt has waved off strange's spells.

if you're saying JUST power cosmic, (as opposed to general 'cosmic power' ala eternity and lt, etc . .. ) and using galactus as the all-encompassing standard, then you CAN have more powerful magic wielders, but galactus has stalemated mephisto in his realm AND aggamotto in his realm so at similar levels NIETHER appears to have the advantage power-wise.

they are really opposite each other -- magic breaks physical law to do things that are 'impossible', while pc uses the laws of the physical universe to make almost EVERYTHING possible.

has anyone come up with a feat that is accomplishable by one but not the other (when comparing similar levels)?

trolly_crouchjr
bump

Mindship
Originally posted by leonidas
...magic breaks physical law to do things that are 'impossible', while pc uses the laws of the physical universe to make almost EVERYTHING possible...
Nicely put.

Milkie
Magic does the possible and impossible

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
if you're saying JUST power cosmic, (as opposed to general 'cosmic power' ala eternity and lt, etc . .. ) and using galactus as the all-encompassing standard, then you CAN have more powerful magic wielders, but galactus has stalemated mephisto in his realm AND aggamotto in his realm so at similar levels NIETHER appears to have the advantage power-wise.

The two feats you mentioned are pretty much his shining moments against magic and for the matter, I think Aggy was getting the better of him but I digress. G has often looked shoddy against magic.

Broly92
I would personally choose PC because Magic tends to have a lot more repercussions than Pc and I would never remember all those spells wacko

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Broly92
I would personally choose PC because Magic tends to have a lot more repercussions than Pc and I would never remember all those spells wacko

How many spells do you see uber magic users using? like per say Odin?

Broly92
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Good Point but there are a lot of Magic vs. magic fights then there is power cosmic vs. power cosmic?

Milkie

What makes you think the power cosmic is gonna be any easier?

Milkie
Originally posted by Soujaboy

They mastered it over thousands of years

Broly92
What makes you think the power cosmic is gonna be any easier?
because a dog can use it?

Milkie
But then thats just magic

Broly92
But then thats just magic
What?

mighty adam
i'll take magic no laws no limits.

Milkie
What?

Exactly wink

Broly92
Exactly wink
ahh....I get it whistle thumb down whistle

Milkie
no expression

Broly92
no expression
laughing

leonheartmm
magic and power cosmic are different for marvel and dc. since power cosmic really only exists by name in marvel im assuming its marvel ur talkin about. so for that i say magic for the most part as ive seen even galactus tremble before dr strange. and surfer would be beaten easily by most magic users like sky fathers, mephisto, dormammu, shuma gorath, thor. etc not to mention dr strange but then comes cosmic power like that of eternity death and other abstracts which is somewhat mixed with magic specially for master oder, lord chaos, inbetweener etc.
and theres also the the infinity gauntlett which looks more magical than cosmic and LT was resisted by stranges mystical power so dunno. magic is basically from the eternal vishaantis which seem to be more powerful than ur normal abstracts like eternity. but at high levels its all mixed up. normally though {at lower levels when it IS distinguishable} id choose magic cause its more powerful cooler and has much more CHARACTER to it as opposed to the pliable power cosmic. unless ofcourse ur talking about genis vell whose is the only cosmic power id LOVE{and the power of the fallen one-first herald} to have.{i think uber psionic power like franklin, wanda, jean is a combination of both cosmic and magic }

magic characters are also more plenty dr strange, thor, loki, odin, gaia, zeus, hercules, dracula, strange, cuttorak, zom, mephisto, shuma, dormammu etc

while only characters which are EXCLUSIVELY power cosmic are galctus and his heralds while others like thanos use a combination of both and their powers remain somewhat undefines in their true form of clearly originating in mystical, cosmic, psionic or scientific.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.