Superman vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbran
This isn't really a fight.
This is more so of a question.

Which of these two are more durible?

Close this if it has been done before.

batdude123
=

ZephroCarnelian
I'd say it depends on what's being thrown at them.

Say Thor threw Mjolnir at their face, it'd knock Supes' teeth out, but it'd probably only bruise Cap.

Whereas, throw a nuke in their face and I think Supes'd take it better than Marvel would.

When they fight against eachother, their durability is equal, because Supes invulnerability isn't 100% against Billy's fists.

Milkie
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
I'd say it depends on what's being thrown at them.

Whereas, throw a nuke in their face and I think Supes'd take it better than Marvel would.

When they fight against eachother, their durability is equal, because Supes invulnerability isn't 100% against Billy's fists.

WRONG!

Redatom65
supes wins cause supes is that good

batdude123
Their durability is =

snoopdogg
Durability I would say is equal. Speed, strength, skills, power-set, Supes is above him.

Soljer
I would say that their durability, over all, is equal. Their strength too.

But in a fight? Captain Marvel is gonna be hurting Superman more than Superman is gonna be hurting Captain Marvel.

erm.

Not that it's on topic or anything, but Superman is probably a bit faster, though we've never seen a top-out Captain Marvel speed feat, so we really can't gauge.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
I would say that their durability, over all, is equal. Their strength too.

But in a fight? Captain Marvel is gonna be hurting Superman more than Superman is gonna be hurting Captain Marvel.

erm.

Not that it's on topic or anything, but Superman is probably a bit faster, though we've never seen a top-out Captain Marvel speed feat, so we really can't gauge.

And Superman is a better fighter and is more versatile.

Milkie
Originally posted by batdude123

I think not.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Milkie
I think not. What power does CM have that Superman does not? What power does Superman have that CM does not?

batdude123
I think not.

It's a fact.

Milkie
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What power does CM have that Superman does not? What power does Superman have that CM does not?

I was talking about a better fighter.

Superman having other powers does not mean anything T-Vo sucks when you have a guy bashing your teeth in.

snoopdogg

Superman having other powers does not mean anything T-Vo sucks when you have a guy bashing your teeth in. Supes can use T-Vo to absorb physical attacks. shifty

Milkie
Supes can use T-Vo to absorb physical attacks. shifty

Show Me

I'm not believing it until I see it

People on KMC hype things up but whn I actually find these scans they are not what they said it was.

Soljer

A better fighter, I may give you (though we don't see it coming up too often).

Versatility though? They are both flying bricks, how versatile can they be?

batdude123

hysterical2

Superman is a much much much MUCH better fighter than Billy.

Superman having other powers does not mean anything T-Vo sucks when you have a guy bashing your teeth in.

Too bad Superman has used T-Vo to absorb magical and physical attacks. smile

That, and along with the other stuff T-Vo grants him, Billy would be f*cked. wink

Milkie
hysterical2

Superman is a much much much MUCH better fighter than Billy.

Too bad Superman has used T-Vo to absorb magical and physical attacks. smile

That, and along with the other stuff T-Vo grants him, Billy would be f*cked. wink

Show me

batdude123
A better fighter, I may give you (though we don't see it coming up too often).

Check page 11 of the Superman Respect Thread. Yeah... Superman is a much better fighter.

Versatility though? They are both flying bricks, how versatile can they be?

Superman is much more than just a 'flying brick.'

batdude123
Show me

Show you what?

snoopdogg
Show you what? Show him the scans I gave you the other day.

batdude123
Show him the scans I gave you the other day.

Ah. I'll see if I can find them.

Milkie
Check page 11 of the Superman Respect Thread. Yeah... Superman is a much better fighter.

Superman is much more than just a 'flying brick.'

Superman beating up on noname villiains who have robot arms, are fat kids, slow as hell, weak as hell can't do shit means nothing.

snoopdogg
Ah. I'll see if I can find them. I got them.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupermanvsAdvesary.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupermanvsAdvesary2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupermanvsAdvesary3.jpg

He uses T-vo to absorb a powerful attack from Advesary. Who is magical.

batdude123
Superman beating up on noname villiains who have robot arms, are fat kids, slow as hell, weak as hell can't do shit means nothing.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or the fact that he's been trained by Batman and Wonder Woman, fought a 100 year war against Gog, spent 1000 years in Asgard fighting, knows pressure points, knows Kryptonian martial arts, etc.

Badabing
=
yes thumb up

Soleran
Originally posted by Badabing
yes thumb up

Peacekeeper:P

Milkie
I got them.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupermanvsAdvesary.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupermanvsAdvesary2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupermanvsAdvesary3.jpg

I want to is a profile on this guy Superman calls him a Metahuman.

I need more proof then just you saying he is magical.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or the fact that he's been trained by Batman and Wonder Woman, fought a 100 year war against Gog, spent 1000 years in Asgard fighting, knows pressure points, knows Kryptonian martial arts, etc.

LMAO!

Show me scans to where he uses this in a fight with someone who is just as strong fast and durable. they would see him trying to pull off those kung fu moves from miles away.

A balanced fighting style does not always work with an unbalance fighting style specially if the guy your fight can **** up just as bad if they didn't use the same fighting style.

snoopdogg

Take my word for it. If not, I don't give a sh!t if you believe me or not. You asked for scans and I showed them.

Milkie
Take my word for it. If not, I don't give a sh!t if you believe me or not. You asked for scans and I showed them.

Nope

I seen no magic flying.

He could just have been using pure strength which he was.

snoopdogg
Nope

I seen no magic flying.

He could just have been using pure strength which he was. http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=adversary

The Adversary is the living cliché of a macho 'bad guy' villain. Clad in black leather, always chewing a cigar, and constantly spouting out foul words, the villain first appeared fighting Superman in Metropolis, slugging out with him, and then disappearing without a trace. This was repeated on a few more occasions. Finally, Superman learned that the Adversary was a pawn of Lord Satanus. Apparently, he was just a young kid that had gained his desired superpowers through a deal with the demon. His main motive was simply to duke it out with Superman and thus make a name for himself like Doomsday did. Superman finally defeated the villain who has not been seen

His powers are magical based.

Milkie
http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=adversary

The Adversary is the living cliché of a macho 'bad guy' villain. Clad in black leather, always chewing a cigar, and constantly spouting out foul words, the villain first appeared fighting Superman in Metropolis, slugging out with him, and then disappearing without a trace. This was repeated on a few more occasions. Finally, Superman learned that the Adversary was a pawn of Lord Satanus. Apparently, he was just a young kid that had gained his desired superpowers through a deal with the demon. His main motive was simply to duke it out with Superman and thus make a name for himself like Doomsday did. Superman finally defeated the villain who has not been seen

They come from magic but he DOES NOT WIELD IT LIKE THE MARVEL FAMILY.

There is a difference. That was a psychical attack that Superman took not a magical.

That's why I want to see scans

People mix shit up

snoopdogg

There is a difference. That was a psychical attack that Superman took not a magical.

People mix shit up Dude....give it up man. Advesary gained his powers from a magical being the same way Billy Batson does.

Milkie
I just said he did

And that does not mean everything his does is magical. Just like how Hulk got his power from a radiation blast

He does not throw radioactive blast everywhere are punch with radioactive fist now does he?

Soleran
I just said he did

And that does not mean everything his does is magical. Just like how Hulk got his power from a radiation blast

He does not throw radioactive blast everywhere are punch with radioactive fist now does he?

Exactly

batdude123
I just said he did

There are more things that can be done with Torquasm-Vo, you know.

Milkie
There are more things that can be done with Torquasm-Vo, you know.

He's not going to mind rape somebody who is not willing to submit to it.

It will just be a big distraction that will result in his getting owned in battle.

You guys act like he just goes all over the damn universe raping people with T-Vo.

batdude123
He's not going to mind rape somebody who is not willing to submit to it.

It will just be a big distraction that will result in his getting owned in battle.

You guys act like he just goes all over the damn universe raping people with T-Vo.

It's not a tool used for mind raping. It's used for astral projection, reality warping, sentient constructs, etc. And Superman could use Billy's own abilities against him. You have no idea of how it works, because it doesn't matter if Billy doesn't want to submit to it. He wouldn't even know it was happening. It's never been resisted against, and he's used it on the likes of Dominus, Eradicator, Blaze, Adversary, etc.

If you think Billy would own Superman after getting sucked into Torquasm-Vo, then you're even more dilusional than I thought.

Nobody says that at all. It's simply a power of Superman's that's fair play in a battle situation.

Soujaboy
roll eyes (sarcastic)

So when have Superman's skills ever been displayed in a fight?

Milkie
Show Me

batdude123
Show Me

Show you what?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soujaboy
So when have Superman's skills ever been displayed in a fight?

Page TWELVE of the Superman Respect Thread.

When has Thor's skills ever been displayed in a fight?

Milkie
Show you what?

It's not a tool used for mind raping. It's used for astral projection, reality warping, sentient constructs, etc. And Superman could use Billy's own abilities against him. You have no idea of how it works, because it doesn't matter if Billy doesn't want to submit to it. He wouldn't even know it was happening. It's never been resisted against, and he's used it on the likes of Dominus, Eradicator, Blaze, Adversary, etc.

This

Soujaboy

snoopdogg
I just said he did

He does not throw radioactive blast everywhere are punch with radioactive fist now does he? I agree with that. But why do people go around saying "This guy(Instert name) is magical so he's gonna kick Supermans @ss"?

Everytime Supes fights somebody with magic involved haters always think he atutomatically looses.

Soujaboy
I agree with that. But why do people go around saying "This guy(Instert name) is magical so he's gonna kick Supermans @ss"?

Everytime Supes fights somebody with magic involved haters always think he atutomatically looses.

There's a difference in this fight, Captain Marvel can actually exert magical energy.

snoopdogg
There's a difference in this fight, Captain Marvel can actually exert magical energy. But he has to do it at a great risk. And he can only do it at a very close range. He just can't go around shooting magical lightning from his fists or anything.

Milkie
I agree with that. But why do people go around saying "This guy(Instert name) is magical so he's gonna kick Supermans @ss"?

Some people are stupid.

Unless the guy wields magic at a good level then their ok.

Some people don't wield it they just get their power from it, Like Adversary. People like him can get owned depending on who they are up against. He may or may not have magical attacks or magical defences but if he doesn't use it then it means nothing. From the looks of it he may just be an exact MAGICAL version of Superman (minus other powers) and that's it. We need to see more of him to see what he is like cause maybe he does but not likely.

Milkie
But he has to do it at a great risk. And he can only do it at a very close range. He just can't go around shooting magical lightning from his fists or anything.

Super-speed make up for that but against people like him yes it's a risk. He can also make it over his whole body.

Soujaboy
I'm still wondering where Superman has displayed this vast amount of fighting skill?

Badabing
Marvel wins 10/10. He has the magic lightning and the powers from the gods. no expression

shifty

Milkie
I'm still wondering where Superman has displayed this vast amount of fighting skill?

Me too

I have seen scans awhile back but the guy he was fightning sucked ass.

He was so slow

snoopdogg
Me too

I have seen scans awhile back but the guy he was fightning sucked ass.

He was so slow Well lets see scans of Captain Marvels fighting skills.

Soujaboy
Well lets see scans of Captain Marvels fighting skills.

We never said Captain marvel was a great h2h combatant, it was batdude who stated that Superman's skills were greater than Caps thus the burden of proof is on you.

snoopdogg
We never said Captain marvel was a great h2h combatant, it was batdude who stated that Superman's skills were greater than Caps thus the burden of proof is on you. If you didn't think it was true you would not be arguing the fact.

Soujaboy
If you didn't think it was true you would not be arguing the fact.

So you have no proof....

snoopdogg
So you have no proof.... It's already been shown. He fought in Asgard for 1,000 years! Does that not take any skill? Or are the Asgardians a bunch of pussies? And most of the time Supes does not need to use skill to beat somebody cause he's usually never physically outgunned.

Milkie
I said Superman's fighting skills won't make a difference to a guy who is just as strong, fast and durable.

I mean really

You don't see Wonder Woman using her skills on Superman because he knows they would be a wast in such a unbalance fight that involves flying and getting you're ass kicked to outer space. You don't always have time pull off Jackie Chan moves.

Soujaboy
It's already been shown. He fought in Asgard for 1,000 years! Does that not take any skill? Or are the Asgardians a bunch of pussies? And most of the time Supes does not need to use skill to beat somebody cause he's usually never physically outgunned.

So he fought in Asgard for 1000 years, and the result was him flying up to people and punching them? you call that fighting skill?

Unless you have proof of Superman actually using skills in a fight, I think it's safe to assume that Superman's fighting skills are no greater than Captain Marvels.

snoopdogg
So he fought in Asgard for 1000 years, and the result was him flying up to people and punching them? you call that fighting skill?

Unless you have proof of Superman actually using skills in a fight, I think it's safe to assume that Superman's fighting skills are no greater than Captain Marvels. The day I see Captain Marvel beat some of the people Supes has I think it's safe to assume who would prevail in a all out fight.

Soujaboy
The day I see Captain Marvel beat some of the people Supes has I think it's safe to assume who would prevail in a all out fight.

Until I see Superman actually have an actual advantage against Captain Marvel in a fight I think it's safe to assume this is a stalemate.

Milkie

Unless you have proof of Superman actually using skills in a fight, I think it's safe to assume that Superman's fighting skills are no greater than Captain Marvels.

When you have powers like Superman's then you pretty much don't need 1000 years of training. Just a waste of time.

Soujaboy
When you have powers like Superman's then you pretty much don't need 1000 years of training. Just a waste of time.

I was simply trying to point out that Superman's fighting skills are not greater than Billy's.

Milkie
He he has training but it's pretty much unless I say.

Superspeeders rarely use kung fu. I see no reason to even learn it when your Superman.

hawkeye111

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15fk.jpg
this is weakened superman as gangbuster
blocking bullets with a chain
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=113gj.jpg
daredevil flips & kicks
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=128rg.jpg
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=137wm.jpg

more flips, supes is weakened in the following
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=177ec.jpg
depowered again
http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=324oe.jpg
a fight
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=230nt.jpg
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=243oi.jpg
http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=253wr.jpg

dont know where this is from, but still good
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=140ub.jpg

hawkeye111
also
heres supes captain america imitation
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=151hw.jpg

just for fun, supes judo tosses billy
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=227pb.jpg

Soujaboy
Originally posted by hawkeye111
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15fk.jpg
this is weakened superman as gangbuster
blocking bullets with a chain
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=113gj.jpg
daredevil flips & kicks
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=128rg.jpg
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=137wm.jpg

more flips, supes is weakened in the following
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=177ec.jpg
depowered again
http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=324oe.jpg
a fight
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=230nt.jpg
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=243oi.jpg
http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=253wr.jpg

dont know where this is from, but still good
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=140ub.jpg

Which is nothing impressive, surely nothing that puts him over Billy.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by hawkeye111
also
heres supes captain america imitation
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=151hw.jpg

just for fun, supes judo tosses billy
http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=227pb.jpg

These are the best skills I've ever seen displayed by Superman, however that still doesn't put him over Billy.

hawkeye111
These are the best skills I've ever seen displayed by Superman, however that still doesn't put him over Billy.

what skills have you seen from billy?

Milkie
I HEARD that that one with Billy was an act or something.

I'm not sure cause I didn't read that whole issue.

hawkeye111

what are you talking about?

Soleran

It was a trick, Superman got to taste the Claw of Horus for a KO and Captain Shazam nuked Batman with a lightening bolt. Later on Hawkman and Shazam said they knew about the move and had planned on it.

Milkie
Did you read that issue?

Superman & Batman Vs. Hawkman & Captain Marvel?

That was also PIS

Batman should not be kicking Billy like that.

hawkeye111
Did you read that issue?

Superman & Batman Vs. Hawkman & Captain Marvel?

That was also PIS

Batman should not be kicking Billy like that.

i know, it was just for fun

batdude123
This

Altering reality- changes to Kingdom Come Superman, then to Superman 1 Million:
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo23kw.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo31hz.jpg

Construct- makes a huge robot to combat Eradicator
http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo8tc.jpg

He acts independently from his constructs:
http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vo22rc.jpg

Dominus noting Superman's control over reality:
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=storquasmvoek6.jpg

batdude123

Soleran
Derr those are all done without any pressure from an opponent, ie he had time to set those up without getting mashed at the sametime.

His T-Vo skills while impressive have been shown time and time again yet what isn't displayed along with those skills is that it takes time for Superman to achieve his T-Vo it isn't instant and he has to focus.

batdude123

Has Thor ever demonstrated pressure point usage? confused

http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supesskillz1eh.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supeskillz22jv.jpg

Soleran
Has Thor ever demonstrated pressure point usage? confused

http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supesskillz1eh.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supeskillz22jv.jpg

Dude, seriously he pressure pointed a normal man, thats not a feat to brag about with Superman's powers.

batdude123
We never said Captain marvel was a great h2h combatant, it was batdude who stated that Superman's skills were greater than Caps thus the burden of proof is on you.

That's because it's true. confused

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Soleran
Derr those are all done without any pressure from an opponent, ie he had time to set those up without getting mashed at the sametime.

His T-Vo skills while impressive have been shown time and time again yet what isn't displayed along with those skills is that it takes time for Superman to achieve his T-Vo it isn't instant and he has to focus.

The only time he's ever really had to focus was against Dominus in their final battle...and why wouldn't he have to? Dominus is ridiculously powerful.

All the other times, he's pulled the power fairly quick during battle.

Soleran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
All the other times, he's pulled the power fairly quick during battle.

Um hello, he had no enemy putting pressure on him except for the one where the kid was enhanced magically, a kid, wow.

Thats not a skill that would be effective going toe to toe with someone like Captain Marvel. I would like to stress the TOE to TOE where there is no quarter given.

snoopdogg
Um hello, he had no enemy putting pressure on him except for the one where the kid was enhanced magically, a kid, wow.

Isn't Captain Marvel a kid? big grin

Milkie

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=storquasmvoek6.jpg

T-Vo is nothing but a mind game!?

Solomon's Wisdom can easily guide Billy.

Badabing
Isn't Captain Marvel a kid? big grin
He's young but wise. mad

stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind

Thats not a skill that would be effective going toe to toe with someone like Captain Marvel. I would like to stress the TOE to TOE where there is no quarter given.

Are you slow?

He pulled out the power on the fly while fighting Eradicator who can make CM look like he's standing still.

He was fighting Adversary when he pulled out the same power. It's not like Billy's lightning is any faster.

And what is slow when you can move at ftl speeds anyway?

Badabing

Slower than light speeds? confused

batdude123
T-Vo is nothing but a mind game!?

Solomon's Wisdom can easily guide Billy.

Um, no. It's not just a mind game. It's something completely different. It's worked on people way above Billy, and they can't tell the difference. The constructs actually become real on account of everybody watching the Superman/Eradicator fight, and the fact that they were destroying buildings.

And no, the wisdom of a Jewish king wouldn't help Billy in the slightest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Badabing
Slower than light speeds? confused

doctor

Badabing
doctor

laughing laughing

Milkie
Um, no. It's not just a mind game. It's something completely different. It's worked on people way above Billy, and they can't tell the difference. The constructs actually become real on account of everybody watching the Superman/Eradicator fight, and the fact that they were destroying buildings.

And no, the wisdom of a Jewish king wouldn't help Billy in the slightest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

They don't become real. And I didn't see any buildings getting crushed.

batdude123
They don't become real. And I didn't see any buildings getting crushed.

Yes they do. Everyone was watching their fight, and later on as they kept battling, buildings were toppled.

With the wisdom of a Jewish king, Billy couldn't do anything.

Accel
What an anti-Semitic statement.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
What an anti-Semitic statement.

I'm not. laughing

Just saying it wouldn't help him.

Badabing
Yes they do. Everyone was watching their fight, and later on as they kept battling, buildings were toppled.

I've lost all respect for Batdude. no

J/K stick out tongue I know it wasn't meant as disparaging.

Soleran
Are you slow?

He pulled out the power on the fly while fighting Eradicator who can make CM look like he's standing still.

He was fighting Adversary when he pulled out the same power. It's not like Billy's lightning is any faster.

Slow your roll here, go back and reread my comments about how Superman was able to apply his T-Vo then come back and talk to me.

Superman didn't have anyone pounding on him except in ONE case and the villian was a nobody. His T-Vo otherwise is with him concentrating and doing nothing but T-Vo at the time with no one pounding on him at the same moment.

Soujaboy
Where's the impressive stuff?

When Superman beats a herald lv character without powers but with pure skill alone, get at me.

Avalonofthewind
Slow your roll here, go back and reread my comments about how Superman was able to apply his T-Vo then come back and talk to me.

Superman didn't have anyone pounding on him except in ONE case and the villian was a nobody. His T-Vo otherwise is with him concentrating and doing nothing but T-Vo at the time with no one pounding on him at the same moment.

So because it's a villain you particularly don't care for then it doesn't count?

Ridiculous.

A split second is all he needs. No more than other characters need to use their powers.

UniOmni

If you think Billy would own Superman after getting sucked into Torquasm-Vo, then you're even more dilusional than I thought.

Nobody says that at all. It's simply a power of Superman's that's fair play in a battle situation.

T-vo isn't reality warping.

Its all taking place on the mental plane, and it was him accessing Dominus's powers that allowed for reality warpish stuff.

Case in point.

When he took Eradicator on with T-vo, you saw all this fancy stuff taking place in the city, right?

But when reality cuts in, all you see is Superman and Eradicator face to face, with the tell tale lightning/ energy beam connecting at their heads.

Its all on the mental plane.

No real reality warping taking place.

No constructs actually materialized on the physical plane, iirc.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni

Its all taking place on the mental plane, and it was him accessing Dominus's powers that allowed for reality warpish stuff.

Case in point.

When he took Eradicator on with T-vo, you saw all this fancy stuff taking place in the city, right?

But when reality cuts in, all you see is Superman and Eradicator face to face, with the tell tale lightning/ energy beam connecting at their heads.

Ah, okay.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by UniOmni

Case in point.

That's partially correct. You are confusing the battles though.

There were actually TWO battles (completely separate) engaged with T-vo. One did have the physical manifestation and the other is the one you are talking about (which personally was the most awesome of all the t-vo battles) takes place in the astral plane.

batdude123
That's partially correct. You are confusing the battles though.

There were actually TWO battles (completely separate) engaged with T-vo. One did have the physical manifestation and the other is the one you are talking about (which personally was the most awesome of all the t-vo battles) takes place in the astral plane.

Ah, okay. yes

Soleran
So because it's a villain you particularly don't care for then it doesn't count?

Ridiculous.

A split second is all he needs. No more than other characters need to use their powers.

LOL, yeah maybe you need to go back and look at those scans again. Only one of those guys actually engaged Superman when he wanted to use T-Vo and he was a one hit wonder villian, certainly not the level of Shazam.

T-Vo is overhyped and some folks vainly attempt to put it to use in every scenario and its painfully obvious it doesn't fit.

batdude123
LOL, yeah maybe you need to go back and look at those scans again. Only one of those guys actually engaged Superman when he wanted to use T-Vo and he was a one hit wonder villian, certainly not the level of Shazam.

T-Vo is overhyped and some folks vainly attempt to put it to use in every scenario and its painfully obvious it doesn't fit.

When was the last time Billy knocked Superman from Metropolis to China?

Avalonofthewind

T-Vo is over hyped and some folks vainly attempt to put it to use in every scenario and its painfully obvious it doesn't fit.

I actually own the books. He pulls the maneuver out rather quickly more than once.

It's painfully obvious you're reaching.

"But but...it wasn't a popular villain! It doesn't count!" laughing

It's "over hyped" because you don't like it.

Soleran
I actually own the books. He pulls the maneuver out rather quickly more than once.

Seriously it would help if you would add everything I say before you counter with more of nothing. I said he uses it WHEN he isn't being pounded at the same time, then I added its not instantanious as you would have us believe.

This is a common defense mechanism for you, it happens frequently. I said he was a one hit wonder, the villian Superman used it on in combat has little to no credibility as opposed to Shazam showings.

It's overhyped by fans who misuse it. Only one instance has T-Vo been used in your illustrations without prep time and Superman being left totally alone, I wouldn't say its the most credible power to use on Shazam who can stay on him the entire fight.

bigbran
Wait, how did Superman fight for 1000 years in Asguard?
Did time like stop for 1000 years or something.
Or does time go faster in Asguard? Seriously. If he fought in there for 1000 years, wouldn't everyone he knew be dead along time ago?

Accel
It took place in another dimension or after traveling back through time or something like that.

Milkie
When was the last time Billy knocked Superman from Metropolis to China?

When was the last time Superman knocked Billy to China?

Avalonofthewind
Seriously it would help if you would add everything I say before you counter with more of nothing. I said he uses it WHEN he isn't being pounded at the same time, then I added its not instantanious as you would have us believe.

It would help if you read what I typed as well. "Fairly quick" and "Instant" were 2 different things the last time I checked.

This is a common defense mechanism for you, it happens frequently. I said he was a one hit wonder, the villian Superman used it on in combat has little to no credibility as opposed to Shazam showings.

The only "common defense" here is you wanting to disregard an on panel showing. Getting knocked across the globe by a magic punch is a rather decent feat.

It's overhyped by fans who misuse it. Only one instance has T-Vo been used in your illustrations without prep time and Superman being left totally alone, I wouldn't say its the most credible power to use on Shazam who can stay on him the entire fight.

The only time he's needed prep was against Dominus..and that's fine considering he's a multiversal reality warper.

He even multitasked against the Eradicator. One for the giant mech, and the other to mess with Eradicators mind. 2 completely independent actions simultaneously.

Milkie
The only "common defense" here is you wanting to disregard an on panel showing. Getting knocked across the globe by a magic punch is a rather decent feat.

I just proved that he was not using magic.

Avalonofthewind
I just proved that he was not using magic.

I haven't seen you prove it.

I saw you disagree with Snoop. 2 completely different things.

Milkie
I got them.

Nope

I seen no magic flying.

He could just have been using pure strength which he was.

http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=adversary

People mix shit up

Dude....give it up man. Advesary gained his powers from a magical being the same way Billy Batson does.

I just said he did

batdude123
When was the last time Superman knocked Billy to China?

That's not the point, and that's not why I was asking.

Milkie
I have not seen Superman knock Billy to China nor do I think it ever happened

batdude123
I have not seen Superman knock Billy to China nor do I think it ever happened

That's not the friggin' point!!!

Soleran was talking about Adversary as if he was a nobody. How many "nobodies" have knocked Superman to China? THAT was the point. It's called giving credit where credit is due. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soleran

Soleran was talking about Adversary as if he was a nobody. How many "nobodies" have knocked Superman to China? THAT was the point. It's called giving credit where credit is due. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It doesn't matter because Superman LET him do it, with that said if Superman LET Captain Marvel hit him that hard yes he could do it also.

People are still grasping at T-Vo yet it has a very limited number of showings and doesn't give instand wins either.

Milkie

You should have said that then mad

Damn

Anyway, The Adversary could probably beat a good amount of people. His only purpose is/was to FIGHT with Superman. He wanted to make a name for himself like Doomsday. I don't think he wanted to kill Superman because he used to disappear during their fights. I could be wrong because that was the only fight I seen between the two and they had several. So after Superman finally caught him and defeated him he gave up for awhile.

At least that is what I think

mighty adam
I got them.

He uses T-vo to absorb a powerful attack from Advesary. Who is magical. i didn't see t-vo doing shit there if thats t-vo god help superman. laughing

mighty adam
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or the fact that he's been trained by Batman and Wonder Woman, fought a 100 year war against Gog, spent 1000 years in Asgard fighting, knows pressure points, knows Kryptonian martial arts, etc. please show scan of supes in asgard fighting for 1000 lol.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by mighty adam
i didn't see t-vo doing shit there if thats t-vo god help superman. laughing Instead of looking at the pictures please read the text. It helps alot.

mighty adam

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=storquasmvoek6.jpg that was kool when supes made that huge robot. but i see why some don't like this t-vo it makes supes all to powerfull.

newyorkcares
What power does CM have that Superman does not? What power does Superman have that CM does not?
supes- superstrength ,speed, invulnerability,heightened senses,heat vision,x-ray and microscopic vision,frosty breath,can see and (depending on the writer)manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum.
VS.
Shazam-wisdom of solomon, strength of Hercules,stamina of Atlas,power of Zeus,courage of Achilles,speed of Mercury.

What Shazam lacks as far as heat vision,frosty breath and electromagnetic manipulation, he makes up for in wisdom,courage and raw power. The one main advantage that Shazam has is being majic based. It is a well documented fact that when Superman and majick are having a fight, Supes usually get embarrased. More embarrassing than that, however, is the fact that I basically listed both of these power sets from memory. Lord only knows how I got a girlfriend,let alone why she married me. embarrasment

mighty adam

It's painfully obvious you're reaching.

"But but...it wasn't a popular villain! It doesn't count!" laughing

It's "over hyped" because you don't like it. it is a lil over hype by batdude. its like if i said ss just blows the sun up to win cuz he can. supes useing t-vo in every thread=pointless thread.

Milkie
Originally posted by newyorkcares
supes- superstrength ,speed, invulnerability,heightened senses,heat vision,x-ray and microscopic vision,frosty breath,can see and (depending on the writer)manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum.
VS.
Shazam-wisdom of solomon, strength of Hercules,stamina of Atlas,power of Zeus,courage of Achilles,speed of Mercury.

What Shazam lacks as far as heat vision,frosty breath and electromagnetic manipulation, he makes up for in wisdom,courage and raw power. The one main advantage that Shazam has is being majic based. It is a well documented fact that when Superman and majick are having a fight, Supes usually get embarrased. More embarrassing than that, however, is the fact that I basically listed both of these power sets from memory. Lord only knows how I got a girlfriend,let alone why she married me. embarrasment

Captain Marvel has heighten senses too.

D-Block
Captain Marvel has heighten senses too.

True but not supes level but they are heighten. But Captain would win supes has nothing to hurt Capt like magic hurts supes.

Milkie
I know.

I didn't say they were.

They are good enough to get the job done.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by mighty adam
its like if i said ss just blows the sun up to win cuz he can. supes useing t-vo in every thread=pointless thread. Yea but has SS blown up a Sun? Supes has used T-VO on atleast 4 occasions. See the difference?

Soljer
Yea but has SS blown up a Sun? Supes has used T-VO on atleast 4 occasions. See the difference?

SS? Silver Surfer?

Considering that he CASUALLY blew up a planet, and created a singularity, I think he could blow up a sun.....

snoopdogg
SS? Silver Surfer?

Considering that he CASUALLY blew up a planet, and created a singularity, I think he could blow up a sun..... Yea but he's never done it yet. Supes has used T-VO quite a few times.

And on a side note I just watched the "clash" episode on the JLU season 1 disc 3 DVD. And in it Superman actually beats the crap out of Captain Marvel. Ofcourse it's a cartoon though.

batdude123
Originally posted by D-Block
True but not supes level but they are heighten. But Captain would win supes has nothing to hurt Capt like magic hurts supes.

Superman is faster and has a more versatile power set, therefore, he has more options to win.

Superman can resist high-level magic, and has demonstrated it on many many occassions. It's pointless for people to keep assuming that magic = Superman's going down. It's not even a weakness, really. It's become more dependent on his will power.

Validus
Superman can resist high-level magic, and has demonstrated it on many many occassions.
Not against CM.

batdude123
And on a side note I just watched the "clash" episode on the JLU season 1 disc 3 DVD. And in it Superman actually beats the crap out of Captain Marvel. Ofcourse it's a cartoon though.

He was freakin' embarrassing Billy during that fight before Billy grabbed him from behind and use his Shazam lightning attack. yes

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
Not against CM. Your right, not against CM but agaisnt Shazam.

batdude123
Not against CM.

Actually, he's taken several Shazam bolts and kept on truckin'.

Validus
Your right, not against CM but agaisnt Shazam.
Yeah because Shazam was totally bloodlusted in that situation. laughing out loud

snoopdogg
Yeah because Shazam was totally bloodlusted in that situation. laughing out loud He might have been. He was protecting Billy from Supes.

Validus
He might have been. He was protecting Billy from Supes.
Protecting someone != Murdering his attacker

By your logic, Nightwing can take blows from top tiers.

batdude123

By your logic, Nightwing can take blows from top tiers.

Java? smile

snoopdogg

By your logic, Nightwing can take blows from top tiers. ???

Shazam was protecting Bill from Superman. Most likely he wasn't going all out but I'm pretty sure he put some juice in them. Quit being a f*cking dick.

Validus
???

Shazam was protecting Bill from Superman. Most likely he wasn't going all out but I'm pretty sure he put some juice in them. Quit being a f*cking dick.
Quit being f*cking senseless or does speculation only work when it goes in Kal's favor?

snoopdogg
Quit being f*cking senseless or does speculation only work when it goes in Kal's favor? So basically whenever a energy weilding character is blasting another one we can always assume he wasn't going all-out unless it's stated? That's fine with me.

Validus
So basically whenever a energy weilding character is blasting another one we can always assume he wasn't going all-out unless it's stated? That's fine with me.
Well considering Shazam's herald has KO'd Superman with his magic lightning, it's well within reason to assume the person who's everything he is x100 is well capable of dealing a death blow if he so pleases.

snoopdogg
Well considering Shazam's herald has KO'd Superman with his magic lightning, it's well within reason to assume the person who's everything he is x100 is well capable of dealing a death blow if he so pleases. When did CM's lightning k.o. Superman?

Validus
Crisis Times Five in two punches.

And please spare me the talk of sucker punches.

snoopdogg
Crisis Times Five in two punches.

And please spare me the talk of sucker punches. Is that the one where he said he was lucky?

batdude123
When did CM k.o. Superman?

Was it Virtue and Vice?

Anyway, that was a cheap shot. And lightning moves in slow motion to Superman anyway...

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanvol2039p20jv9.jpg

shifty

Validus
laughing out loud

It always kills me when it comes to issue of Captain Marvel and all the excuses that pop up when it's ALWAYS been the case that the two were exact equals.

batdude123
laughing out loud

It always kills me when it comes to issue of Captain Marvel and all the excuses that pop up when it's ALWAYS been the case that the two were exact equals.

I'm all for that idea, actually.

Five/Ten doesn't bother me. They have a great rivalry.

snoopdogg
Yea but your using an example of a cheap shot. Do you think that's an accurate portrayal of how a fight would go?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>