Klaus Badelt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
An amazing composer, (not quite Danny elfman or howord shore but still amazing). After watching potc2 i just wanted to get to my piano and play the music! one thing i don't get is why his name isn't on the credits even though they used his music. (i watched that bit of film at the end that really wasn't worth the wait). Not many people think about the composer, but the music is great. What does everyone think about his work?

(ps he also does music to Ned Kelly).

evilm0nki3
he did the first film.

hans zimmer did the second.

aniron
ye but they still use kaus' music. i love that music dum du,m dum dum dum dum dum dum. lol lol! I'm so drunk!

evilm0nki3
lol yeah some of it..

i love the pirates soundtracks. They are grrrrrrrrrreat!

aniron
it just makes me smile to hear the music. well exciting. do u play an instrument?

evilm0nki3
i learned the recorder in school... 4 years ago. thats all heh...

aniron
lol, everyone learnt the recorder. i bet u played londons burning!

evilm0nki3
nope!

hm. all i remember learning is hot cross buns and some special song for some thing that i didnt go to.. big grin

aniron
lol ROCK ON lol!!!!!

johnnyforever
laughing out loud i do the same thing! i play, a little bit of Jack Sparrow, and a little bit of Davy Jones. i don't know why but i think i like hans zimmer better though. but i love both composers! i have both soundtracks and i love listening to them.

savvysparrow
I think that Hans Zimmer also helped with the score for the first movie. Sometimes composers can come up with good themes, but it's difficult for them to orchestrate (deciding what instrument plays what) and so on. Also, I think Hans had a hand in developing the themes (like the Jack Sparrow one we all know and love so well) into a full fledged score.

It's fairly common for busy composers especially to have another composer help them. For instance, John Williams didn't write the score for much of Harry Potter two. He created the themes and another composer did the rest of the work.

johnnyforever
yeah Hans did help 'cause his name is on the back of the soundtrack for CotBP.

aniron
I didnt know u could get the 2nd soundtrack. is it much like the first?

johnnyforever
yeah it's got the same concept, except (rhymes!) for some reason it sounds better. i've got both CD's btw

aniron
coolio. I'll consider putting it on my santa list lol!

johnnyforever
laughing out loud

Imperial Logic
Howard Shore is awesome.

Did anyone notice his cameo in King Kong?

Pirate4Life
omg i could listen to tat music alllllll day... they are geniuses...saints in my book...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.