How dark will Will get?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
I'm really excited/anxious to see what's going to happen with Will's character, personally.

We've heard rumours and such... we know that Will makes a deal, early on, with Sao Feng, to trade Jack to him.

Thus, we know that Will's decision to go after Jack and the Pearl was NOT in order to help Elizabeth be reunited with him, but simply to secure the Black Pearl so he could save his father.

So, even though Will thinks/assumes that Elizabeth loves Jack, he still plans on trading him. That's selfish, IMO. lol.

So how far do you think Will will go?

He's making deals with all the bad guys... do you think he will actually try to kill Jack? Or hurt Elizabeth? Or one of the other characters?

Chiki Mina
WEll I think we wil definitely see a darker side of Will. Im actually excited because its a huge character change for Will. I think this will help him alot to mature and take note that not all life is with flowers and pretty birds and pink clouds.

I'm not sure if his actions turning into a darker better is to avenge jack/liz, just jack, or to impress liz.

katelovespirate
actually, I'm kind of hoping it has very little to do with Elizabeth. I would like to see his character develop on its own- ya know? because up to this point, Will hasnt been a standalone figure for me. the introduction of the conflict with his father allowed his character more room to grow. so I hope this darkness is sort of a "Will learning who he is apart from the lady" type thing.

aniron
i hope he gets darker, because even though he's sexy now i bet he'd be sexier with a bit of badness in him lol.

LovelyOne
we shall soon find out ay Kate? wink

hopefully she'll send more soon stick out tongue

its gonna take her forever though

katelovespirate
Ah, LovelyOne, i am in constant torment waiting. its quite funny. everytime i get on i hold my breath in expectation.... LOL...

Well, personally I want Will to just get more interesting. As in, I'd like him to fight with liz a bit (with a sword would be prime) and kill a few villians, and then let Liz be with the real pirate of the movie. wink

Chiki Mina
i think i would find will kinky on this movie...

LovelyOne
Yeah I think he would be more interesting developing that way.. I do think he develops away from Liz..

Liz probably develops away from jack and will?/ because why else would Will do that if he hadnt already really let her go.

katelovespirate
night ladies. smile cyas in the mornin

Chiki Mina

LovelyOne
night kate xx

hopefully more more MORE to big grin

savvysparrow
Great question!

I think we're already seeing what Will is capable of, and if you go back and look at the steady stream of development in all of the movies, you'll see that he hasn't suddenly developed into this twisted, self-absorbed character. It's as though Liz's actions at the end of DMC have brought into light something that has long been a deeply rooted part of Will.

He's a man whose willing to commit murder on an assumption, no questions asked. Wasn't he willing to do the same essentially at the beginning of POTC 1? He certainly wasn't going to let Jack escape unscathed. What the leaked script does nicely is illustrate for us already that his heart and his mind are divided. His words say that he is traveling to World's End for Elizabeth's sake, but his actions say something very different.

I read an interesting quote in my course studies today which I think applies nicely to Will. It was a true-false question. True or False, Jealousy and possesiveness are signs of true love.

The answer was false. They're signs that the partner views you as an object....Sound familiar? With that being said, I don't think Will is inherrently evil. Beneath it all, like Bootstrap Bill, Will is a good man. I think we'll see him come to see the error of his ways towards the end of the film. But he has a long, dark path to travel before he'll redeem himself.

Jack of Blades
his gona look similar to this http://www.kayleryns.com/projets/images/Sith.jpg

LovelyOne
that looks like the blue thing from the 5th Element

Jack of Blades
actualy its a Sith Twilek

LovelyOne
oh right from star wars?? she has the lightsaber big grin

and it also looks like one of the Zoras from Zelda

Jack of Blades
i didnt say he will have a lightsaber.or Boobs laughing laughing laughing

willofthewisp
"He's making deals with all the bad guys... do you think he will actually try to kill Jack? Or hurt Elizabeth? Or one of the other characters?"---kate

Hmm, I actually don't think he'll go quite as dark as some people think. This isn't going to be an Anakin-to-Vader kind of transformation. I think he'll flirt with the dark side without actually crossing the line. This will be hot and add to character development, but am I the only one optimistic about Will's future? I don't know if he'll stick with Liz or not....that's a whole other subject, but it will be nice to see him develop without her, to come into his own. But with her and his dad and Jack around to look out for him, he's due for some rebellion and this is it.

LovelyOne
LMAO I'm glad im not the only person to think Ankin changed WAY too quickly in episode 3

Jack of Blades
Hell be http://services.windowsmedia.com/dvdcover/cov150/drt700/t756/t75681v8css.jpg

savvysparrow
Ha, no I agree, I don't think that he will go the route of Anakin in Star Wars. (Hopefully Will won't be nearly as whiny and obnoxious.)

But at the same time, you can't ignore that he has some very massive character flaws that he will need to face. He can't continue to rush to action without asking questions first without it getting him into some sort of trouble. He's obstinate and stubborn--it will take something drastic for him to step away from the dark side.

willofthewisp
Yeah, we saw hints in Episode 2 Anakin could go bad with his temper, but he seemed to go from doing bad things on occasion and being upset about it to doing bad things a lot and being happy to do it. I just don't see that with Will. Will has a strong conscience and a very black and white sense of morality. He will only act remotely like a pirate when someone is in danger. And most of the time, he's not doing anything illegal. Most of his illegal stuff was only between breaking Jack out and stealing the ship with him.

willofthewisp
It will also take something drastic to push him over the edge. I think seeing Liz kiss Jack wouldn't be quite enough to make him go evil.

savvysparrow
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Yeah, we saw hints in Episode 2 Anakin could go bad with his temper, but he seemed to go from doing bad things on occasion and being upset about it to doing bad things a lot and being happy to do it. I just don't see that with Will. Will has a strong conscience and a very black and white sense of morality. He will only act remotely like a pirate when someone is in danger. And most of the time, he's not doing anything illegal. Most of his illegal stuff was only between breaking Jack out and stealing the ship with him.

Ah, but do you see how his black and white sense of morality can cause him some very interesting problems? It already does in the leaked script. (Have you read it by the way? I'd be interested to hear your take on it)

I thought that about Will initially too, but as I go back and look at both movies, I see that it isn't necessarily the case. From a certain perspective, he essentially uses Jack to get what he wants and is willing to sacrifice him to obtain his goals. He's willing to sacrifice the crew of the Pearl to Davy Jones in order to save the life of his father. (The good of one, versus the good of the many).

Also, I think it's interesting that Jack observes that Will is completely obsessed with treasure. Although not all treasure is silver and gold, it's interesting that he remarks about Will's interest in such a way. Will chases after Elizabeth in a manner that suggests that she belongs to him. Do you see how that can also be dangerous?

CaptainJacksLuv
i woullike to see will get darker, i just dont see it happening in a way somehow. It wont necessarily ruin his character, but in a way it just might. And I like Will the way it is. Though it wont hurt him too much to get darker. Just not too much. Im not saying that Will is going to be soooo evil. But its just not in him. He'll do anything for his dad, and Elizabeth. So he'll probably get darker, like her did in the second one, but now he has his dad. So.. really....we'll have to wait and see.

Jack of Blades
Hell become a real pirate not some wuss.For Exapmle he coud become like Black Beard

LovelyOne
His character is dead as it is.they need to make him more interesting..being good all the time makes for boring cinema time. Need to see Will behave bad to the bone if they want to keep his character interesting. when I say bad..I mean he'll probably dabble and then redeem himself.

I think his ending (stab heart) will be him accepting his consquences for his earlier actions..and it wont be such a tragedy if ya know what I mean... I think he brings it on himself.

lovethemtigers
yes, if we are to believed the leaked script..then Will does turn darker..he betrays Jack...but his betrayal of Jack will be as it is, what you see is what you get...we all know that when it seems as if Jack is betraying someone...it is actually a plan to save that person....I think Will will however redeem himself by stabbing the heart.

I would like to see Will develop on his own, by his own terms and not because of Elizabeth...it seems as if all of Will's actions - until he meets his Dad - revolves around Elizabeth, and that's sad to me. You have to have more of a purpose than living only to be with someone else...ya know...it's like that's why people say that without Liz, Will cannot exist...I think if we see Will develop in AWE, then we will see that he can stand alone, without Elizabeth....and maybe he won't seem so sappy anymore...so for those that say they see no other ending than for it to be Will/Liz....i just don't see that, and I still think it can happen without Will having to die...although, it seems likely that he will...based on the spoilers...

a-k-a-amber
it seemed to me like he was starting to get a little dark in the second one well he's not a boy anymore he's growing and kinda-sorta becoming a pirate although i thik after all of the stuff that might/will happen he probably wont want to make it his official proffesion if ya know what i mean

willofthewisp
To be fair, though, these movies are about pirates and there is a whole lot of betrayal going on. Will just hasn't had much of a turn yet. From his point of view, yeah, I would think Jack screwed me over a lot and then seeing him kiss my girl....yeah, I think I would feel as Will does.

katelovespirate
that brings up an interesting point, Willofthewisp... does Will see it primarily as Jack's fault that Elizabeth kissed him?
I mean, does Will think Jack seduced Elizabeth... or does he think Elizabeth had an equal hand?
Cause that would show a huge lack of faith in Elizabeth's love for him, if he assumed it could be overthrown by a few days at sea... ya know what i mean? sheesh, no wonder this couple has some issues.

willofthewisp
I've thought about that a lot, and you have to look at it from Will's point of view. True, he knows Liz has a lot of fight in her, a lot of courage, and he bothered to teach her swordfighting for self defense, but he hasn't gotten to see how she gets around Jack or heard just how eager she is to have sex. Likewise, Will knows Jack more or less as the public knows him, as a pretty worldly guy who's had more than his share of women. Combine that knowledge with the fact that he and Jack have never really been friends, it's easy to assume Jack was the one that initiated that kiss and seduced Liz into it.
Remember too that only Jack and Liz know she chained him there. She told the others he stayed behind by choice (which I think he would have anyway). So Will is probably thinking Jack held her behind and demanded a goodbye kiss out of her. That would make Liz weak but not an adulteress, so Will is more likely angrier at Jack than at Liz.

lovethemtigers
yes, that's what I think too..I think Will is mad that she kissed Jack - even if it was a goodbye Kiss....but he is angrier with Jack because he thinks Jack seduced her into that kiss...

and then when he sees how emotional Liz is in Tia's hut...he thinks that she may have some deep emotions for Jack (which, she does)....I think if Will saw how Elizabeth carried on with Jack on the Pearl...he would be really angry with her...I mean what girl on the threshold of marrying the man she LOVES and is willing to kill another man for....would flirt so outragiously with another man...especially someone who is suppose to be their friend...and not just flirt, but sexual innuendos.....gosh, if he could have only spied in on her at the end of the Curiosity scene...when she did everything in her power to get Jack to kiss her and then how disappointed she was when it didn't happen.....that girl has a lot of maturing to do...if she is wanting to get married.....

LovelyOne
OR^^ maybe he knows that he didnt seduce her but is not willing to believe that. I dont think he believes what his woman does when he's not around. In movie 1..he had a hnt that she had done something with Jack on the island but he seems to have chosen not to ask questions or believe it.

she was very much the one pushing Jack backwards and taking control..Will saw it.

Plus I agree with you smile

katelovespirate
i know seriously!!!! poor Will is in denial.

there is no way that kiss was a "goodbye" kiss. That was a "i want you here and now" kiss. Even Will had to have recognized that. a goodbye kiss would be sweet and tender and sort of final... not hot and steamy and intense. lol.

LovelyOne
I know..its a I WANT YOU because she tried not to do it again lol

her problem is she has sexual desires for him that are far more open than her feelings for him and they clash like a mother fooker and so we see the ending like that.

willofthewisp
"OR^^ maybe he knows that he didnt seduce her but is not willing to believe that. I dont think he believes what his woman does when he's not around. In movie 1..he had a hnt that she had done something with Jack on the island but he seems to have chosen not to ask questions or believe it."-----Lovely

I believe you, but what part are you talking about? I don't remember him worrying about Liz while she was on the island. At that point, Liz is virtuous and everyone knows it and I don't think even Will thinks Jack is a rapist. I just am confused on how you mean Will wondered about them.

But he's beginning to snap out of his denial and is sort of realizing it was more than a goodbye kiss. His double take said that. Then when she pops down into the boat and he asks "where's Jack" so dryly and he catches her because she looks guilty of something. If it were a goodbye kiss, she wouldn't have believed she did anything wrong and Will knows it. I think that was proof enough for him, but he still thinks Liz was seduced, when it was closer to the other way around. It's Jack that's wrapped around Liz's little finger.

sailorleo
my problem is i don't want him becomign another norrington...i.e scruffington, because let's face it, norrie does it better!

CaptainJacksLuv
you and ur norrie sailor. lol

willofthewisp
I wouldn't want Will to go the Norrington path either, sailor. How unoriginal that would be. I like scruffy Norrington better, too.

But do you really think Will will become some despot drinker after this? I know in our POTC4 we made him a drinker briefly, lol.

Jack of Blades
Will Shall Become a True Pirate.No just Simple Pirate.He Murder,He Will Torture,SLoghter,he will kill.All the Good he had in Himself will be lost.

willofthewisp
So in other words a really bad egg?

LovelyOne
the ones Jack and Liz sing about whilst geting drunk and having fun on their island.

willofthewisp
Yeah, I know, lovely. I was making a joke and reference to the song.

Jack and Liz (singing): And really bad eggs, drink up me hearties yo ho!

Liz: What's that sound?

Will (in the distance): And really bad eggs, drink up me hearties yo ho.

Jack: Will! Glad you could join us, mate.

(Will shoots at him)

Jack: I think you're a little punch drunk, son. Lizzie, you mind disarming brave William?

Will: Shut up, you rum soaked pirate! I'M the bad egg in this neck of the woods (staggers)

Liz: You've been drinking!

Will: And you (points at her) I just don't like you......really bad eggs!

Liz: Will, maybe you ought to calm down.

Will: I'll tell you to calm down, Ms. I'm-so-horny-but-I-can't-take-a-quickie-from-my-fiance! I saw you and Jack. I saw it all (starts singing A Pirate's Life For Me again)

Jack: Will, if it helps, it took me by surprise...

Will: Shh, did I say you could join in on the singing? (holds Jack's lips shut) It's okay, Jack. Just pretend they're Liz's lips.

Liz: Will! Enough!

Will: Drink up me hearties yo ho! (passes out)

Jack: Finally. What should we do to him?

Liz: We could draw on his belly and paint up his face.

Jack: I do like how you think.

sailorleo
Originally posted by willofthewisp

Will: Shh, did I say you could join in on the singing? (holds Jack's lips shut) It's okay, Jack. Just pretend they're Liz's lips.

This isn't a duet!...lol

RedHandedJill
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was a brilliant little bit of humor. smile

CaptinJackLover
yes it was ! i absolutley loved it! humir uis always good big grin

Surreal_44
Well, AWE, if they keep it in the same framework as the first two movies, will still have a lot of humor to it, so I'm not sure how dark Will is going to get.

Also, the theme of this movie will be remption. I know that's only my opinion, but I think that this is really what the theme will be. In that idea then, I suspect that even if Will does something terrible, he will redeem himself in the end.

I'm kind of tired and I don't know if that makes sense, but I'm basically saying Will is going to be bad, then good again.

evilm0nki3
Hmmm I think the overall movie will be darker. Maybe lol

The second was darker than the first so the third would be darker than the second, seems only rightbig grin

Surreal_44
Right, but it's still Disney, and it's probably still going to be similar to the first two films. So I assume (stupid word to use) that they would try to reflect and keep up with that fun and humor that made the first movie so charming.

I don't know...what do you all think of the idea of redemption as the theme of the next movie?

evilm0nki3
I think it's a wonderful theme!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.