Deadpool vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Deadpool vs Midnighter

They both have their standard weapons.

Who wins?

geshien
as much as i love wade, i don't see him beating midnighter. perhaps deathstroke and midnighter but not deadpool. sad

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by geshien
as much as i love wade, i don't see him beating midnighter. perhaps deathstroke and midnighter but not deadpool. sad

... Aside from equipment DP is better then Slade in every conceivable way, and even then he has some pretty nice gear stored away for special occasions. On that same note Wade is also better then Midnighter in every way, not the least of which is his healing factor, a healing factor that Midnighter couldn't hope to over whelm.

Aside from a lucky decapitation Midnighter loses.

geshien
i thought it was the other way around now. slade being able to use 90% of his brain and all. granted wade can't die i don't actually think he's the better combatant of the two. i read on a different thread by all included readers that DS is by far DP's superiour.

further more, i believe that midnighter has nano technology that allows him countless possible offensive choices within nano seconds. aside from that he has superhuman speed, reflex, strength, and agility. i could be horribly mistaken but that's what i've been told and read.

Soljer
Originally posted by geshien
i thought it was the other way around now. slade being able to use 90% of his brain and all. granted wade can't die i don't actually think he's the better combatant of the two. i read on a different thread by all included readers that DS is by far DP's superiour.

further more, i believe that midnighter has nano technology that allows him countless possible offensive choices within nano seconds. aside from that he has superhuman speed, reflex, strength, and agility. i could be horribly mistaken but that's what i've been told and read.

Deathstroke is definitely the better tactician. No doubt. But in regards to superhuman strength/speed, Deadpool and Deathstroke are about equal.

When referencing skill? Deadpool for sure. Deathstroke has gotten taken to school by Nightwing, Batman, and Ollie. Deadpool, on the other hand, (when he isn't being used as utter comic effect) has shown enough skill to keep up with Daredevil, Taskmaster, Black Panther, Iron Fist, and Wolverine. Yeah, yeah, Deadpool also has his showings of getting owned up on by the likes of squirrel girl, I acknowledge this. But people need to realize (and often don't realize) that Deadpool has two facets to him. He has his badass serious side, and the entirely comical, joking, comic relief in any situation, side. His entire run is mostly written as a joke, so he has showings like these often enough.

On the forum, though? Deadpool doesn't have to worry about being funny. He can kick ass with the best of them.

Is it enough to take Midnighter, though? erm.

geshien
ok so deadpool could probably best deathstroke, if by nothing else that deadpool can be quiet unpredictable but i don't see him beating midnighter.

DigiMark007
Fighting skills = Big Advantage MN'er. MN'er is to trained guys like DP and DS like they are to regular humans.
Healing factor of Deadpool = Big fat stalemate.

MN'er wouldn't let himself get touched, but could never really put Wade down for the count.

geshien
that and dp is immortal.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fighting skills = Big Advantage MN'er. MN'er is to trained guys like DP and DS like they are to regular humans.

MN'er wouldn't let himself get touched, but could never really put Wade down for the count.

Are you quite sure on the first count? Deadpool IS top-notch in the marvel universe.

I've read up on midnighter's feats, but he would have to be Karate friggin Kid to be THAT superior skillwise. erm.

SpunkySmurph

So, it comes down to a battle of endurance.

DP wins

carnage52
fight in an alley who takes this?all standard gear

Endrict Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=427897&highlight=deadpool+vs+midnighter+forumid%3A77

carnage52
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=427897&highlight=deadpool+vs+midnighter+forumid%3A77 im crying in the corner now. sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soljer
Are you quite sure on the first count? Deadpool IS top-notch in the marvel universe.

I've read up on midnighter's feats, but he would have to be Karate friggin Kid to be THAT superior skillwise. erm.

It's not pure skill in Midnighter's case though, his brain is laced with machinery that allows him to analyze an opponents abilities/powers instantly and run through almost every conceivable battle strategy to counter those abilities before the match even begins.

It shows him step by step which move to make to best counter his opponent to inflict maximum damage while taking minimal injury .... basically it's like a chess program but way, way, faster.

srankmissingnin
In one of the Authority / Kev crossovers, three mercenaries (the might have been soldiers) had machine guns trained on Midnighter. He bosted about his abilities to predicted the outcome of the "fight," one of the guys asked him how it turned out... apparently the answer was with Midnighter shot all to shit.

The only thing he is going to see about the outcome of his fight with Deadpool, is Wade kicking his ass every time. big grin

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
In one of the Authority / Kev crossovers, three mercenaries (the might have been soldiers) had machine guns trained on Midnighter. He bosted about his abilities to predicted the outcome of the "fight," one of the guys asked him how it turned out... apparently the answer was with Midnighter shot all to shit.

The only thing he is going to see about the outcome of his fight with Deadpool, is Wade kicking his ass every time. big grin Kev manages to either kill or kick the crap out of every single member of The Authority each and every time. Not surprised that happened. Midnighter could decapitate Deadpool with a swing of his staff. He's strong enough to do it since he's done it before. I'm with Digimark007, Midnighter is a friggin beast. He'd be able to see the enhancements Deadpool has from the outset and plan ahead. The only x-factor is Deadpool is insane. So that might circumvent Midnighter's abilities.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Kev manages to either kill or kick the crap out of every single member of The Authority each and every time. Not surprised that happened. Midnighter could decapitate Deadpool with a swing of his staff. He's strong enough to do it since he's done it before. I'm with Digimark007, Midnighter is a friggin beast. He'd be able to see the enhancements Deadpool has from the outset and plan ahead. The only x-factor is Deadpool is insane. So that might circumvent Midnighter's abilities.

Wolverine has kicked a guys head off before. Shang Chi is ripped a guys head off before. It is something that only happens to fodder.

Honestly, even in Wildstorm Universe, I can't see Midnighter taking the majority from guys like Zealot or Agent Orange. He isn't that strong or fast and healing factor just isn't that hot. Deadpool would crush him IMO.

Symmetric Chaos
Honestly, even in Wildstorm Universe, I can't see Midnighter taking the majority from guys like Zealot or Agent Orange. He isn't that strong or fast and healing factor just isn't that hot. Deadpool would crush him IMO.

He's ridiculously faster than any human being and his powers have allowed him to compensate for the abilities of a speedster. He's fought with Apollo successfully. He's been kicked hard enough to cross most of a desert and not be phased. The ability he has to predict outcomes is an effective counter to essentially any combat style, one simply has to be so far above him in stats that it doesn't matter.

Wade can win thanks to his HF but he won't come close to crushing Midnighter.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He's ridiculously faster than any human being and his powers have allowed him to compensate for the abilities of a speedster. He's fought with Apollo successfully. He's been kicked hard enough to cross most of a desert and not be phased. The ability he has to predict outcomes is an effective counter to essentially any combat style, one simply has to be so far above him in stats that it doesn't matter.

Wade can win thanks to his HF but he won't come close to crushing Midnighter.

He has three speed feats. Blitzing some cannon fodder, and catching an arrow... twice. Nothing to suggest he is faster than 'Pool. Hanging with Apollo is part CIS on Apollo's part, and part Apollo being a third class Superman knock off.

Mindset
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/B06.jpg http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/B07.jpg http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/B08.jpg http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/B09.jpg

OneDumbG0
Wolverine has kicked a guys head off before. Shang Chi is ripped a guys head off before. It is something that only happens to fodder.

Honestly, even in Wildstorm Universe, I can't see Midnighter taking the majority from guys like Zealot or Agent Orange. He isn't that strong or fast and healing factor just isn't that hot. Deadpool would crush him IMO. Well, I absolutely agree that his healing factor really isn't anything to write home about. But he is very very strong. He hasn't just knocked off the heads of cannon fodder people. He's done it to metas... a lot. And he's actually just ripped them off with a single hand:
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spineyw8.jpg

And this feat? Yeesh:
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n18yv7.jpg

I'd also have to argue that Midnighter is faster than Deadpool. He may not be insanely faster, but he's pretty much Daken-fast. In other words, because of his ability to process millions of scenarios instantly, he essentially can be wherever he wants in a fight. The guy kicks fired tank shells with his feet for goodness sake:
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m1yx6.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m2vv2.jpg
http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m3jr8.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m4ef6.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m5xi9.jpg

Wade can win thanks to his HF but he won't come close to crushing Midnighter. Yeah, that being kicked across the desert feat, right here:
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m12bu7.jpg

His personal feats are insane. Midnighter is very very underrated. IMHO, Midnighter is, at the very least, the king of all street-levellers. But because of his enhancements and powers, he really shouldn't be allowed to be street-level. Digimark007's Authority respect thread is where it's at:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=484278&highlight=title%3A%28authority+respect%29

Midnighter 7/10 at least. Only reason Deadpool does this well is his insanity trump card and healing factor. It sure did a tizzy on Taskmaster at least. A small factor.

Symmetric Chaos
He has three speed feats. Blitzing some cannon fodder, and catching an arrow... twice. Nothing to suggest he is faster than 'Pool. Hanging with Apollo is part CIS on Apollo's part, and part Apollo being a third class Superman knock off.

The speedster wasn't cannon fodder, they were all alone in fact. MN's speed shocked CaptainAtom too.

Of course the fight with Apollo took advantage of Apollo not being a genius but what it does prove is that having an advantage in stats in meaningless against Midnighter.

srankmissingnin
He was the very definition of cannon fodder. Being superhuman doesn't preclude you from being cannon fodder, the lowest of the COBRA soldiers are 2x human across the board and COBRA soldiers are pretty much one of the primary examples of fodder.

And I meant CIS more along the lines that Apollo is in love with Midnighter, not his intelligence per say.

Seriously though, Grifter was dragging Midnighter around an awful lot in their mini. He just doesn't heal fast enough to deal with the kind of damage he will sustain fighting Wade, and he isn't fast or skilled enough to avoid enough of 'Pool's attacks to take the majority.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mindset

...the heck is that from? Wildcats? Or just a teaser for the upcoming post-Mark of the Beast story arc?

Endrict Nuul
...the heck is that from? Wildcats? Or just a teaser for the upcoming post-Mark of the Beast story arc?

It's Uncivil Union arc

http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com/page/Grifter+&+Midnighter+(series+index)?t=anon

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
It's Uncivil Union arc

http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com/page/Grifter+&+Midnighter+(series+index)?t=anon

They must have done more than 1 Grifter/MNer arc. Because I have an entire arc by the same name, and the art style is wildly different.

DigiMark007
er...hell. maybe I do have it and my memory is just shite. Because I'm quite sure that arc is the only of its kind.

srug

srankmissingnin
They must have done more than 1 Grifter/MNer arc. Because I have an entire arc by the same name, and the art style is wildly different.

Grifter and Midnighter first meet in Sleeper. (Or something that tied into it at least)

They meet again in Armageddon.

Then the six issue Grifter / Midnighter mini. Which was drawn by Ryan Benjamin.

Badabing
A dur to Carnage for not using the search.

DigiMark007
Grifter and Midnighter first meet in Sleeper. (Or something that tied into it at least)

They meet again in Armageddon.

Then the six issue Grifter / Midnighter mini. Which was drawn by Ryan Benjamin.

Yeah, I have all of those. I just didn't recognize the fight. So I must have it (because I own everything) and just forgot about it.

Symmetric Chaos
He was the very definition of cannon fodder. Being superhuman doesn't preclude you from being cannon fodder, the lowest of the COBRA soldiers are 2x human across the board and COBRA soldiers are pretty much one of the primary examples of fodder.

Cannon fodder appears in huge numbers to get slaughtered. A one on one fight doesn't involved cannon fodder. This is where the classic "inverse ninja law" comes into play.

His reflexes were also fast enough to counter a speedster that wasn't a part of cannon fodder enemies.

To take this in another direction: when has Wade blitzed anybody?

And I meant CIS more along the lines that Apollo is in love with Midnighter, not his intelligence per say.

CIS doesn't lower his durability or speed.

Seriously though, Grifter was dragging Midnighter around an awful lot in their mini. He just doesn't heal fast enough to deal with the kind of damage he will sustain fighting Wade, and he isn't fast or skilled enough to avoid enough of 'Pool's attacks to take the majority.

MN has a considerable number of healing feats. None of DP's level, obviously but enough to keep him in the fight for a long time.

psycho gundam
healing factor for the win.
midnighter imo will be the better of the two but he can't contend with the
healing abilities of deadpool.

DigiMark007
Pretty much what others are saying.

Can DP be knocked out? And would that count as a win? Because he literally can't die, which means MN'er would never technically win. But he's also the most skilled in this fight by a fair margin.

Mindset
MN isn't that much more skilled than DP, and DP regen more than makes up for the difference in my opinion.

DP can take a lot of punishment before being knocked up, much like the other people with hf in Marvel.

DigiMark007
MN isn't that much more skilled than DP, and DP regen more than makes up for the difference in my opinion.

DP can take a lot of punishment before being knocked up

eek!

srankmissingnin
But he's also the most skilled in this fight by a fair margin.

Wow. I strongly disagree with that statement. Grifter managed to get him pinned, which is impressive considering Midnighter is physically at least 2x Grifter in every way. Midnighter is a better tactician, but actually more skilled? Nah, not even close IMO. I don't think he is even on the same level of Wildstorms big bad MA's like Zealot, Grifter and Backlash.

Mindset
eek!

lmao laughing

DigiMark007
Wow. I strongly disagree with that statement. Grifter managed to get him pinned, which is impressive considering Midnighter is physically at least 2x Grifter in every way. Midnighter is a better tactician, but actually more skilled? Nah, not even close IMO. I don't think he is even on the same level of Wildstorms big bad MA's like Zealot, Grifter and Backlash.

Tactical skill IS skill. How else are we to define skill? If it's H2H prowess, all that is, is making the most of your body in various situations. Tactics. And MN'er runs circles around the three you mentioned in the tactics department. I'm not entirely familiar with Backlash's physical stats, though Zealot makes up some of the difference by being comfortably above peak human. Mn'er is too, btw, but I'd say she's a touch > him in raw physical stats....so it's closer.

So are we basing this opinion on the 3 scans on the last page? The scans that showed Mn'er having the upper hand and Grifter sneaking a shot in with a concealed weapon? With an inconclusive outcome? If so, it's an incomplete estimation at best, and plain false at worst. If you're allowed to do that, then I can take any one of the numerous scans that place MN'er well above street-levelers in terms of physical stats and tactics/skill, and use that to say the exact opposite.

So, as before, the only thing that keeps Wade in this fight is healing. He's skilled, no doubt. But not as much as Mn'er.

Eel O'Brian
Midnighter is going to be unable to predict 'Pool's movements nearly as well as those he's familiar with. I've seen him do decently against a lot of superhumans because he knows them inside out.

Not to mention, Deadpool's insane, and is as likely to blow himself up as the enemy, so nix to the extreme tactics department.

As for Midnighter's skill... if he has an edge, and that's a big IF, it's marginal.

Deadpool's better armed and has a mindset and abilities that I don't see Midnighter easily dealing with.

Mindset
Seriously, DP is one of the worst street levelers MN could fight, he's tremendously unpredictable, and he has an insane healing factor.

Badabing
eek! laughing out loud

llagrok

lolbias

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by llagrok
lolbias

lolno?

Pretty right on the money.

srankmissingnin
Tactical skill IS skill. How else are we to define skill? If it's H2H prowess, all that is, is making the most of your body in various situations. Tactics. And MN'er runs circles around the three you mentioned in the tactics department. I'm not entirely familiar with Backlash's physical stats, though Zealot makes up some of the difference by being comfortably above peak human. Mn'er is too, btw, but I'd say she's a touch > him in raw physical stats....so it's closer.

So are we basing this opinion on the 3 scans on the last page? The scans that showed Mn'er having the upper hand and Grifter sneaking a shot in with a concealed weapon? With an inconclusive outcome? If so, it's an incomplete estimation at best, and plain false at worst. If you're allowed to do that, then I can take any one of the numerous scans that place MN'er well above street-levelers in terms of physical stats and tactics/skill, and use that to say the exact opposite.

So, as before, the only thing that keeps Wade in this fight is healing. He's skilled, no doubt. But not as much as Mn'er.

A tactical mind is A skill, but it doesn't necessarily have any direct correlation with combat skill. I mean being a master at chess doesn't translate into being a great fighter. Sure he can see a million scenarios in his head... but he still has to get the person he is fighting to play into a scenario that benefits him. I just don't see Midnighter as being as skilled as Wade; I mean didn't Nemesis pretty much stomped both Midnighter and Hawksmoor into the ground at the same time?

Backlash is pretty even with Zealot physically. He managed to stalemate her in a fight before she busted out swords... but then again... Grifter worked him over in melee.

srankmissingnin
Also... I remember Midnighter went to fight some guy, who managed to turn of Midnighter's super powers. They guy totally kicked Midnighter's ass. Midnighter was like "You are using super powers," the guy responded "No, I'm using ju jutsu and leverage." Or something like that. Midnighter isn't that skilled, certainly not on Wade's level.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_14.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/midnighter024.jpg

carnage52

no

****ing

way

Symmetric Chaos
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/stormwatch_ta_06_pg_14.jpg

But MNs powers aren't off in this fight. How is that relevant?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/midnighter024.jpg

Wade wouldn't try that even if he knew about it.

A tactical mind is A skill, but it doesn't necessarily have any direct correlation with combat skill. I mean being a master at chess doesn't translate into being a great fighter. Sure he can see a million scenarios in his head... but he still has to get the person he is fighting to play into a scenario that benefits him. I just don't see Midnighter as being as skilled as Wade; I mean didn't Nemesis pretty much stomped both Midnighter and Hawksmoor into the ground at the same time?

The person always follow one of the scenarios he expects that's why he runs thousands of them. A few showing where he's beaten in and to hand don't contradict dozens.

Nemesis could see the future couldn't he?

DigiMark007

Backlash is pretty even with Zealot physically. He managed to stalemate her in a fight before she busted out swords... but then again... Grifter worked him over in melee.

Being a chess player doesn't make one a great fighter, but it's a laughably flawed analogy. They aren't playing chess. They're fighting. MN'er has FIGHTING tactics, which is just another name for skill. For the analogy to work you'd have to compare playing chess to something more physical involving the same skill set. But your analogy was more akin to "well, he can swim well, but that doesn't make him a better fighter." Seriously, same amount of connection.

erm

Also, who's Nemesis? If it happened, I've read it, but I have a hard time remembering all the B-listers.

I'll also co-sign what Sym said. And btw, the "someone has to attack Mn'er first" has been refuted by an insane number of fights where he initiates the fight and does just fine.

srankmissingnin
But MNs powers aren't off in this fight. How is that relevant?

With out his powers he got his ass kicked by a peak human MA. Digi was argueing that Midnighter was more skilled than Deadpool (who is extremely skillled), and if MN really was that skilled he would have at least been able to put up a fight. The guy totally out classed Midnighter based purely on his combat skill, so much so that MN thought he was superhuman.

Do you think that Jukko is a super MA that would railed through Batman or DD? No? Me either. In that case MN, really can't be that skilled. Even with out his enhancements he should be AT LEAST peak human, and he should still remember all his combat training. He didn't even put up a fight.

Wade wouldn't try that even if he knew about it.

True

The person always follow one of the scenarios he expects that's why he runs thousands of them. A few showing where he's beaten in and to hand don't contradict dozens.

Yes and what is to say the don't fallow one of the scenarios where Midnighter loses? They have free will after all. Midnighter knows what an opponent MIGHT do, not what the will do.

Nemesis could see the future couldn't he?

Nemesis is a chick.

DigiMark007
MN'ers combat implants are part of his skill, srank. Take them out and I'd be happy to give this in a curbstomp to Wade. But why are you trying to argue that he doesn't have them? He does, and they're a gigantic advantage.

Also, none of us have free will and you still haven't told us who Nemesis is, just her gender.

Scoobless
Also, none of us have free will

Really not the place for this discussion (as you should know) so let's just agree that you're wrong and leave it at that.

smile

srankmissingnin
MN'ers combat implants are part of his skill, srank. Take them out and I'd be happy to give this in a curbstomp to Wade. But why are you trying to argue that he doesn't have them? He does, and they're a gigantic advantage.

Also, none of us have free will and you still haven't told us who Nemesis is, just her gender.

None of his implants should have any direct correlation with martial skill. He has superhuman abilities across the board and a fight analysis ability, even with out those he should still retain his martial arts abilities and combat skills.

Opps sorry. I must have been writing my last post as you posted, didn't see the question about who Nemesis is. She is a Coda warrior trained by Zealot. She is an empath.

And all of us have free will. If we didn't... Midnighter would only see one scenario. wink

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Really not the place for this discussion (as you should know) so let's just agree that you're wrong and leave it at that.

smile

I just wanted to get in a philosophical shot amongst the amusing-but-subjective DP/MN'er stuff. Nice find though.

wink

And all of us have free will. If we didn't... Midnighter would only see one scenario. wink

Ah, you misunderstand the nature of determinism. But as Scoobless said, this is not the place...

Charlotte DeBel
None of his implants should have any direct correlation with martial skill. He has superhuman abilities across the board and a fight analysis ability, even with out those he should still retain his martial arts abilities and combat skills.

Opps sorry. I must have been writing my last post as you posted, didn't see the question about who Nemesis is. She is a Coda warrior trained by Zealot. She is an empath.

And can use her empathy to predict enemies' attacks. Also has one of teh uberest pure close combat weapons- she's a character who can pretty much gut Wolverine without any troubles or cut his head off- Engine of Creation swords cut through anything as long as it's matter- including Mr. Majestic.

jinzin
Doesn't/wouldn't Deadpools unpredictability and insanity damn near nullify Midnighter's ability anyways?

Meh, DP has way too high a damage soak IMO. He can take most anything MNr can throw at him and draw him in for the finish. erm

llagrok
Originally posted by jinzin
Meh, DP has way too high a damage soak IMO. He can take most anything MNr can throw at him and draw him in for the finish. erm

That's probably the most likely outcome, even IF Midnighter predicts all of Deadpool's moves for a while.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by jinzin
Doesn't/wouldn't Deadpools unpredictability and insanity damn near nullify Midnighter's ability anyways?

Originally posted by llagrok
That's probably the most likely outcome, even IF Midnighter predicts all of Deadpool's moves for a while. Midnighter has never had his abilities nullified by unpredictability or insanity on-panel. Seth was categorically insane and Midnighter could predict his moves. And no, it didn't help him defeat Seth, but Seth tore through the entire Authority as a team-buster. Deadpool managed to outdo Taskmaster with his unpredictability and insanity, but Taskmaster ain't no Midnighter. It's an x-factor, not enough for Deadpool to take a majority.

Midnighter's only been stomped on by insanely strong and fast opponents OR when his enhancements had been turned off. Deadpool's not as strong and fast as those opponents. Deadpool could not turn off his enhancements. According to common knowledge rule, Deadpool wouldn't even know that Midnighter's powers don't work if you failed to make a move. So that lil weak spot in Midnighter's abilities has little chance of ever coming into play. But Midnighter's abilities allow him to see Deadpool's enhancements at a glance. And ripping off Deadpool's head with his staff, hands, or standard weapons is a win, despite Deadpool's virtual immortality.

Midnighter 7/10. Deadpool's unpredictability and insanity count for 1, otherwise it'd be 8/10.

TricksterPriest
I'm willing to guarantee nobody the Authority has ever fought is crazier than Deadpool. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
DP would blow himself up to kill MNer, he knows he can come back from it.

starlock
Midnighter for the win

llagrok
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Midnighter has never had his abilities nullified by unpredictability or insanity on-panel. Seth was categorically insane and Midnighter could predict his moves. And no, it didn't help him defeat Seth, but Seth tore through the entire Authority as a team-buster. Deadpool managed to outdo Taskmaster with his unpredictability and insanity, but Taskmaster ain't no Midnighter. It's an x-factor, not enough for Deadpool to take a majority.

Midnighter's only been stomped on by insanely strong and fast opponents OR when his enhancements had been turned off. Deadpool's not as strong and fast as those opponents. Deadpool could not turn off his enhancements. According to common knowledge rule, Deadpool wouldn't even know that Midnighter's powers don't work if you failed to make a move. So that lil weak spot in Midnighter's abilities has little chance of ever coming into play. But Midnighter's abilities allow him to see Deadpool's enhancements at a glance. And ripping off Deadpool's head with his staff, hands, or standard weapons is a win, despite Deadpool's virtual immortality.

Midnighter 7/10. Deadpool's unpredictability and insanity count for 1, otherwise it'd be 8/10.

Seth was sick, not unpredictable....

DigiMark007
Yeah, Seth was just on too high a power level, except perhaps for the Doctor (they took him out early during a bout of drug use to avoid possible powers-based PIS). That's not a good example at all. Occasionally there's going to be people whose powers supercede MN'ers ability to predict, not because he can't see fight scenarios and choose the best one, but because he can't win in any of them.

-K-M-
Midnighter did take it to Kyle Rayner recently shifty

snoopdogg
Good fight. I might go with Midnighter.

Digi
Actually.

Anyone see what Joker's insanity did to MNer's predicting skills in the crossover? I don't care that it wasn't canon Joker, he's done the same to Cassie before. And also remember DP's fight with Taskmaster, where he beat him with randomness. This same argument was used earlier, but with Seth. It doesn't apply at all with Seth, who was likely Trans. level. But the argument itself was sound, the example was just off.

So yeah, it's just not a good matchup for MNer. Deadpool wins. 9/10

Enyalus
Originally posted by Digi
Actually.

Anyone see what Joker's insanity did to MNer's predicting skills in the crossover?
Didn't see that. Doesn't surprise me that DC makes Wildstorm look bad during any of their crossovers. Its BS IMO.

Original Smurph
It makes sense...

Midnighter plans based on what are probable and optimal moves to make for the opposition, because most fighters choose the most optimal paths with the least resistance in a fight.

Deadpool has a toss up between what's optimal and what's hilarious.

IMO, it actually makes more sense than Joker.

Mindset
Originally posted by -K-M-
Midnighter did take it to Kyle Rayner recently shifty You shut your mouth!

Digi
Originally posted by Enyalus
Didn't see that. Doesn't surprise me that DC makes Wildstorm look bad during any of their crossovers. Its BS IMO.

It wasn't universally lopsided. Both sides got their shots in. And for what it was worth, it wasn't canon for DC characters. It was a kid's imaginings of DC characters that he brought to life. And Batman died. Again.

srug

But yeah, the unpredictable types seem to give him trouble. Joker and DP definitely qualify, especially since they're the only 2 I can think of that have ever "random'd" someone skilled to a victory (Batgirl and Taskmaster, respectively).

Enyalus
It wasn't universally lopsided. Both sides got their shots in. And for what it was worth, it wasn't canon for DC characters. It was a kid's imaginings of DC characters that he brought to life. And Batman died. Again.

srug

Oh! You're talking about Dream War? God, that mini was awful. And yeah, the DC characters looked much better than WS's. Which sucked.

Midnighter making fun of Supes for the language thing was hilarious, though. And him snapping Ollie's neck.

Digi
Oh! You're talking about Dream War? God, that mini was awful. And yeah, the DC characters looked much better than WS's. Which sucked.

Midnighter making fun of Supes for the language thing was hilarious, though. And him snapping Ollie's neck.

Well, throw it away as non-canon and it was still an entertaining story. It was only the power levels of either side, which are always awful is company crossovers, that were awful. I was amused at the whole thing.

Enyalus
Well, throw it away as non-canon and it was still an entertaining story. It was only the power levels of either side, which are always awful is company crossovers, that were awful. I was amused at the whole thing.
hmm...I did like the Zealot/Batman fight, even though I thought that was unrealistic...And Supes/Apollo/Maj taking out Doomsday. Shame most of that fight was off-panel.

Digi
I actually enjoyed that The Doctor was written on a different level. Not in a "ZOMG look at his powas!" way, but in a "You guys fight pointlessly, I'll go deal with the real threat" way. It was subtly empowering.

Scoobless
I actually enjoyed that The Doctor was written on a different level. Not in a "ZOMG look at his powas!" way, but in a "You guys fight pointlessly, I'll go deal with the real threat" way. It was subtly empowering.

Digi ... you are so gay for the Doctor!

stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by Scoobless
Digi ... you are so gay for the Doctor!

stick out tongue

srug

lick

Scoobless
Hands up anyone who is surprised!

..... no .... no one?

no expression

Didn't think so.

stick out tongue

Battlehammer
Damage soak for the win.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Damage soak for the win.
Midnighter has a healing factor, too. stick out tongue

Battlehammer
next to DP it non existent.

MN overrated in my opinion. People give his conculate fight ability way to much credit.

also doesent he uses blunt weapons?

Enyalus
next to DP it non existent.

MN overrated in my opinion. People give his conculate fight ability way to much credit.

also doesent he uses blunt weapons?
Yeah, it is a lot slower than DP's.

His battle precog allows him to take out high-meta to low-heralds on a regular basis...Don't see how its overrated.

And kinda. He uses like, an extending staff a lot (kind of Gambit-esque). He's been known to shove it through people before, though.

Battlehammer
Yeah, it is a lot slower than DP's.

His battle precog allows him to take out high-meta to low-heralds on a regular basis...Don't see how its overrated.

And kinda. He uses like, an extending staff a lot (kind of Gambit-esque). He's been known to shove it through people before, though.

no way bs. He doesent take out low heralds regularly. every guy around this level has taken out high level guys. really? people think he takes people like wolverine and DP 10/10. thats rediculous his phsycial prowesses isent even superior to them

that cool and all, but nothing any guy around capt level couldent do and also blunt force is gunna hurt him big in this battle. He really doesent have the strength to beat DP unconciouses

Enyalus
that cool and all, but nothing any guy around capt level couldent do and also blunt force is gunna hurt him big in this battle. He really doesent have the strength to beat DP unconciouses
He's stronger than DP. He rips peoples arms off and punches through their skulls. no expression

Battlehammer
He's stronger than DP. He rips peoples arms off and punches through their skulls. no expression
doesent mean anything hsi comic allows far more violences which people tend to forget. Capt been stated he can kill a man with a punch if he hit full force, Logan stated that he taps normal people, becuases if he punch full on out and crush there heads. DP should beable to do similar.

Enyalus
doesent mean anything hsi comic allows far more violences which people tend to forget. Capt been stated he can kill a man with a punch if he hit full force, Logan stated that he taps normal people, becuases if he punch full on out and crush there heads.
Yeah, but Cap and Logan are both stronger than DP, aren't they? I know Cap is.

Wolverine vs. MN would be a good fight. DP vs. MN I dunno...

Battlehammer

Wolverine vs. MN would be a good fight. DP vs. MN I dunno...
he suposes to be capt level i thought but he might not have the feats

Mindset

Wolverine vs. MN would be a good fight. DP vs. MN I dunno... DP has superhuman strength, just doesn't have many feats

Enyalus
DP has superhuman strength, just doesn't have many feats
I know he's got superhuman strength, but IMO MN is stronger. stick out tongue

snoopdogg
According to the handbooks and the feats DP does not have superhuman strength.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
According to the handbooks and the feats DP does not have superhuman strength.
he been stated on pannel with superhuman strength

snoopdogg
he been stated on pannel with superhuman strength Where?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Where?

forgett, but I know he was. i remeber it was a pain deabting DP fans for awhile after the scan came out

snoopdogg
forgett, but I know he was. i remeber it was a pain deabting DP fans for awhile after the scan came out Yea, but does he have any feats?

Battlehammer
No idea I dont read him much.

snoopdogg
No idea I dont read him much. Well, if the handbooks and panels don't suggest it then I won't buy it.

Mindset
It says he has superhuman strength in Cable/Deadpool.

He picks someone up and breaks their neck with 2 fingers.

snoopdogg
It says he has superhuman strength in Cable/Deadpool.

He picks someone up and breaks their neck with 2 fingers. Sounds cool. Any scans?

Mindset
Yes, but I'm not gonna post them.

They might be in the respect thread.

snoopdogg
Yes, but I'm not gonna post them.

They might be in the respect thread. Sounds kinda sketchy.

Mindset
I don't really care, tbh.

snoopdogg
I don't really care, tbh. Then go stand in the corner and zip it.

Mindset
Just trying to educate you scrubs.

snoopdogg
Just trying to educate you scrubs. You're doing a nice job.

Mindset
Thank you, nice to be appreciated.

OneDumbG0

Mindset
Deadpool 8/10.

It would be 10/10, but ODG is my friend.

OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail03.jpg

Mindset
Friendship = over

sneer

SamZED
Hm. thought I saw a simillar thread just a day ago.
Anyway, Deadpool FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.