Metal Gears REX and RAY vs Ruby and Emerald WEAPONs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Konami vs SquareEnix.

The mechanized giants of FF7 and Metal Gear go toe to toe.

Stage: The Planet

IceJaw
I'd say the WEAPONs win mostly cuz of their astounding power, but then again the M gears do carry nukes erm

kamikz
Hmm, well Metal Gear REX armour could withstand a couple of nukes, and RAY was almost completly invurnable, it's armour could not be penetrated by almost any means. It'd be a heck of a time to take them down. And RAY has weapons powerful enough to trash a REX armour right on the spot, and REX has nukes to destroy the enemy.

I lack knowledge of the weapons though, but I think the Gears stand a good chance....

IceJaw
My Ass, Raiden took out several RAYs with only a frickin' rocket launcher erm

kamikz
No, those were MASS-PRODUCED RAY's, the real RAY is not defeated yet through the Metal Gear series....

Some examples..

The Mass-produced RAY's where just copied of the real one to have many to defend arsenal gear (SPOILER, which wasn't even the real plan that Solidus would use). They did not get as much work on them, not the tough armor (and weakpoints all over the face, a normal P-90 took them out, while the RAY in the beginning took grenades to it's head with no damage what-so-ever). The real RAY had a tail, as well as it had missiles that could be launched from it's back which could ruin half a city. The others didn't have any of this...

IceJaw
Oh, that's right and they weren't carrying nukes, just wanted to make sure.

Even though I've played through FF 7 I don't remember what the weapons were capable of, but I do remember that they were major pains in my Ass and that one of them took a blast from one of Shinras' largest and most power weapon but still didn't die and I'm pretty sure that any MG would go to pieces if hit by that.

SpikeSpiegel
I've just done the weapons bit in FF7 (Not done Ruby and Emerald yet though) One Weapon was blasted point blank in the face by shinras cannon and died - he had been "hit" by it earlier while underwater and survived, though the blast could have missed him. The other was hit through the chest while they were aiming at Sepherophs shield, and that took it down.

IceJaw
I'm pretty sure it didn't die from that blast since it was keeping it self underwater after that.

Kaled
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I've just done the weapons bit in FF7 (Not done Ruby and Emerald yet though) One Weapon was blasted point blank in the face by shinras cannon and died - he had been "hit" by it earlier while underwater and survived, though the blast could have missed him. The other was hit through the chest while they were aiming at Sepherophs shield, and that took it down.

it didn't miss you see blood falling down from where it face was.

and in all fairness, the blast it died from was pure life force, its like 1,000 kinghts of the round in a single force

i lack too muck knowledge to say anyone, so, links please, any just a quick question, i don't suppose the weapons could just tread on them?

Aranwe Valuin
You know this really is just a battle between nature and machine... creations of Earth vs creations of Man. (correct me if I'm wrong)

But I'm going with the WEAPONs, mainly because lifestream is so... well it would seem unending. Just as long as Omega or Chaos aren't involved then the Metal Gears atleast stand a chance I guess. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.