battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vanice
Because there is no LOTR vs. Forum I decided to make a Vs thread where you can post fights.

The idea goes like this:
I say a fight, for example Sam Vs. Merry.
then the next guy who answerers says who wins and why:

"I think merry wins because he's got a magic sword"

then the same guy gives us a new fight to discuss.

"OK now, Radagast Vs. Hurin"

and we'll continue like that. of course you can continue to discuss an old fight while a new is going on. and you can bring up opinions on an old fight anytime.
so let's go people!!

who will win in a fight between Sam and Merry?

kamikz
Well I would say Sam, simply because he was good enough to get Shelob on the run and badly wounded (which most knights of both elves and men couldn't not achieve), and killed orcs in single combat in Mordor. (At least in the film). I'd say it'd put him above Merry, at least a little bit.

Bard vs Legolas with bows.

vanice

kamikz
Hmm, possibly Turin. His big ass shield should be hard to get through, and killing a dragon isn't a small feat exactly....

Beorn vs Gimli.

vanice
think Gimly could take down a bear pretty easy so I'll go with him. Beorns is no normal bear but whatever.

Echtelion (of the fountain) Vs. Fingolfin

kamikz
Hmm, well he did fight Gothmog (which I would say is as hard to survive against as Morgoth, not because they are equal in power (since Morgoth is WAY beyond him), but that his size is more easily compared to Echtellion's, thus making it a true sword battle instead of a "hit and run" thing..) So I'd say that Echtellion has a chance at least, can't say the winner though.....

Well Beorn did state that he would have done better against the Wargs than Gandalf did (to some degree, if you think about it), and he could communicate with the forest. Also, Gandalf warned all the 13 dwarves of his power, saying they did not want to face him in battle........

Eomers horse rider army vs Faramir's knights......

thefallen544
If mounted I'd say the Riders of Eomer take this one. Gondor's Rangers/Knights wern't particularly skilled on horse back, they seem better suited to melee battles on foot and swordcraft. Or in the case of the Rangers of Ithilien stealthwork and archery. The men of Rohan survived because of their horses and their combat skill upon them.

Elrond Vs Glorfindel

vanice
If it is the Glorfindel from Gondolin I'd say he takes it. Because... well he defeated a balrog, or stood up against one at least. I don't know much about Elronds fighting skills but I've never heard anything that says he's much of a fighter so therefore Glorfindel.

Gwahir Vs. Smaug

kamikz
Hmm, well Samug was kinda invulnerable with his armour except for one small weakpoint, and that wasn't very easily exposed. If he finds it Smaug is dead however.....

The Fellowship of the Ring (execluding Gandalf) vs Gandalf the White (with preperation time).

vanice
I think Gwahir is too fast for smaug. the armor doesn't cover the head. I think Gwahir could take it.

Hmm, Gandalf could beat three of them, that is Legolas, Gimly and Aragorn. so he might be able to beat eight as well. but it might get too hard for him to keep an eye on everybody. in the end the fellowship would take it i think...

Boromir vs 15 uruk-hai, no bowmen. just sword and pikemen.

kamikz
Though his head wasn't very vulnerable, look at the humans, they were helpless against him until the crow told Bard about the weakpoint.
Smaug could simply burn him to crisps....

Boromir most likley. He did face off against an overwhealming amount of orcs at Osgiliath, and he took down awefully manny when he fought them at Amon Hen, and that was with archers. Aragorn could take damn many as well, and though I put Aragorn above him, it's not by much...

Treebeard vs The three hunters. (Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli).

vanice
I think it will take fire to kill an ent. I think he could trample them by the time it takes to make a fire. gilmy is the only threat really. but I go with treebeard.

Noldor vs. Gondor

kamikz
Gondor, because I lack knowledge of the others. stick out tongue (And I wanna reply)

Eomer on his horse with all his equipment vs Gimli with all of his. (No horse)

vanice
I say Gimly. He Killed warg riders in the movies and he can throw axes (if we're following the movies anyway)

Gimly vs. aragorn in a sumo wrestling game :P

kamikz
Well Gimli is strong, but he might just be to short to win. (Unless he trips him or something, I suck at Sumo rules, I don't know what applies really).

Legolas in a competition of being the best archer in Middle-Earth. Does he win?

vanice

kamikz
Hmm, well he couldn't really parry their strikes effectivley, and they can climb walls and are decently fast. I say he gets overpowered by their sheer numbers.

Aragorn in ROTK, with Narsil and all and his armor, vs the cave troll in Moria?

vanice
I'd say the cavetroll. In th book he has Narsil in Moria, but then. There's no troll so you can't really say. But the troll is too big for one single human to beat. I don't think he will manege.

Gothmog vs. Glarung

kamikz
Well I bet a dragon might be a little big for him, but on the other side, didn't a human beat him? (Or someone else?)

Witch King vs 2 Nazguls!

vanice
hmm, this is sick.. if they have lost their immortality, of course, it could be some fight. I guess the two of them would win by sheer numbers..

The fellowship Vs. the thirteen dwarwes in Bilbo (armed)
(Gandalf is in the fellowship)

kamikz
Fellow wtfpwn I belive. stick out tongue

Aragorn vs Gandalf (swords only).

vanice
I'm not so sure about the first one. of course having gandalf is a huge advantage, but thirteen dwarwes is some army and if all of them are almost as good as Gimly, then it could be an even fight. I also think the fellowship would win, but not wtfpwn. not even pwn..

aragorn all the way. he is a sword fighters ideal, gandalf has a sword, but it could just as well have been an axe :P . he is a wizard, not a fighter.

Draugwen
So your battle? wink

kamikz
Originally posted by vanice
I'm not so sure about the first one. of course having gandalf is a huge advantage, but thirteen dwarwes is some army and if all of them are almost as good as Gimly, then it could be an even fight. I also think the fellowship would win, but not wtfpwn. not even pwn..

aragorn all the way. he is a sword fighters ideal, gandalf has a sword, but it could just as well have been an axe :P . he is a wizard, not a fighter.

The dwarves weren't that spectacular really, and I doubt they are on par with Gimli unless you got some facts proving that. Gandalf could easily do the same as he did with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli on some of the dwarves, and him doing those push things like he did vs Saruman would probably keep them all at bay. Legolas would shoot down many in very short time, while Aragorn, Gimli and Boromir, plus the hobbits would be enough to stall them in close combat, and Gandalf taking many out sourley by using magic. I belive it is a pwn indeed!

vanice

Draugwen

Draugwen
Oops... that 'Maitimo' up there was supposed to be 'Maedhros' embarrasment It's actually the same person, but I tend to prefer calling him and his family by their Quenya names^^'

vanice
hehe, well I understood.
I'd say Ancalagon. Don't know much about him but he is said to be the mightiest "fire-drake" and he's called "the iron jawed swan" which is cool. so he wins because he is mighty an by sheer coolness ....... stick out tongue

Gwahir and his eagles vs. Glarung

vanice
hehe, well I understood.
I'd say Ancalagon. Don't know much about him but he is said to be the mightiest "fire-drake" and he's called "the iron jawed swan" which is cool. so he wins because he is mighty and by sheer coolness ....... stick out tongue

vanice
ops sorry about that, don't know why it happened but..

Nellinator
hehe, well I understood.
I'd say Ancalagon. Don't know much about him but he is said to be the mightiest "fire-drake" and he's called "the iron jawed swan" which is cool. so he wins because he is mighty and by sheer coolness ....... stick out tongue

The eagles because it was the eagles who with Earendil destroyed Ancalagon and an entire flight of dragons. I find that the eagles are underrated. All the eagles versus one dragon wouldn't be close. With Thorondor, this would not have been close.

Turin vs. Tuor

kamikz

vanice
Originally posted by kamikz
So, all dwarves need not be as good as Gimli. And if you don't have any proof, you cannot make such decision. If you don't know how strong they are, then you can't say I can't know if they are as strong as Gimli, because they haven't shown anything like that.

they did show it. the dwarves in Bilbo makes a big difference in the battle of five armies. the book says things like "thorin swung his axe with swift strokes and it seemed like nothing could harm him". and yes he does die eventually, but that's not because he's bad or anything. it's because he is in the middle of a huge battlefield, anyone can get killed anytime there.
Gimli and the other dwarves in bilbo are all dwarves. there is nothing that says that gimli is an extraordinary good dwarf. dwarves are known as good fighters and this is 13 very brave dwarves. but as I have said already, the fellowship wins because of gandalf.

Anyway, Turin vs Tuor. I think Turin would win! Can't say I know much about Tuor though. stick out tongue

Huan vs the fellowship of the ring!

I'd say the fellowship. nine people against a huge dog.. again I think gandalf is the key to victory..

vanice
oh forgot the new battle.. sorry for double posting.

thorin vs. azhog

kamikz
they did show it. the dwarves in Bilbo makes a big difference in the battle of five armies. the book says things like "thorin swung his axe with swift strokes and it seemed like nothing could harm him". and yes he does die eventually, but that's not because he's bad or anything. it's because he is in the middle of a huge battlefield, anyone can get killed anytime there.
Gimli and the other dwarves in bilbo are all dwarves. there is nothing that says that gimli is an extraordinary good dwarf. dwarves are known as good fighters and this is 13 very brave dwarves. but as I have said already, the fellowship wins because of gandalf.

I'd say the fellowship. nine people against a huge dog.. again I think gandalf is the key to victory..

Thorin alone maybe, not the others. And give me the quote that they changed the tides of the battle, I remember something like that being said to Beorn when he came. And being a dwarf = Gimli is like saying any human = Aragon because they are good fighters.

Anyway, Gandalf's magics could easily overcome 13 dwarves, while Aragorn with Elendil could cut off any axe, Boromir with his shield could block many strikes, and with a masterful swordsmanship he should overcome most of them. The four hobbits (maybe with an invisible Frodo) can toss rocks or fight in melee, though they will likely die fast, and Gimli to kick ass just there.
And all this while Legolas is standing behind them with his bow, taking down maybe one dwarf per 4th second. The dwarves go down hard IMO.

vanice
Thorin alone maybe, not the others. And give me the quote that they changed the tides of the battle, I remember something like that being said to Beorn when he came. And being a dwarf = Gimli is like saying any human = Aragon because they are good fighters.

Anyway, Gandalf's magics could easily overcome 13 dwarves, while Aragorn with Elendil could cut off any axe, Boromir with his shield could block many strikes, and with a masterful swordsmanship he should overcome most of them. The four hobbits (maybe with an invisible Frodo) can toss rocks or fight in melee, though they will likely die fast, and Gimli to kick ass just there.
And all this while Legolas is standing behind them with his bow, taking down maybe one dwarf per 4th second. The dwarves go down hard IMO.

I said the fellowship would win, but not pwn. I don't think gandalf can take 13 dwarves alone. Aragorns sword (Narsil) can't just cut of anything like that. Boromir has a shield that will help him, but dwarves are strong enough ti break it I guess. Legolas, will be a big threat and a reason to why the fellowship wins. Aragorn is no ordinary human and you know it. His a son of kings and a numenorian. battle is in his blood stick out tongue Gimli is just like any other dwarf it seems to me.
But why get stuck on this battle?

your new battle and an answer on my latest please.

kamikz
Gandalf won't take them alone, but I suspect he would be able to. His magic could keep them at bay, he can create a shield around himself, he can use fire against them, lightning etc.

Aragorn's sword can cut of most things, and will easily cut off the handels of the axes.

The same goes for Boromir, he is an ordinary human, yet he kicks more ass than most humans do. Remember how he took out a shitload of Uruk's, who are said to be above the ordinary man. stick out tongue

For those dwarves, two of them were barley experienced, they were young and I bet they wouldn't be to capable in a fight. One is a fat lazy bastard. There you have 3 that are not up to Gimli for example!

And I don't know the other person(s) so I can't say who's gonna win, I don't wanna just take one like I've already done once or twice!

thefallen544
I'm not sure aout Gandalf creating a shield around himself. I havn't seen any textual evidence of this, and especially not for sustained periods of time. Any sort of potent magic would be very taxing Gandalf can't defeat enemies en mass by his magic alone. We've got to remember he is encased in the body of an old man.

kamikz
Well more seeing as how he defended himself with a shield against the strikes from the sword of the Balrog, and in the games (although not necessarily true) he can protect himself from attacks as well for a while!

Though I don't see Gandalf as a uber fighter with magics, he is capable (as show in Biblo) to create lightning that fries an entire room of goblins, fire that sets fire to a pretty large pack of wolves, heating up Aragorn's sword to the degree that he cannot hold it and causing Gimli's axe to slip out of his hand, and Legolas arrows to burn up. (Or however that statement is). He is capable at least...

vanice

kamikz

vanice
Gandalf can't conjure a shield in the book, so yeah, PJ made it up.

post a new fight please.

kamikz
Well what if! Yeah motha ****a! stick out tongue (He know's I'm kidding)

Anyway, that's not the most powerful part anyway! And nah, I don't wanna post!

Draugwen
So fastest one to have an idea gets it stick out tongue

vanice
bilbo vs. sam stick out tongue

General Kenobl
The Witch King of Angmar vs. Gandalf the White

Who wins?

thefallen544
Last one has been very hostly contested id go with Gandalf myself

vanice
yeah, me to. wanna post a fight mr. thefallen544?

thefallen544
Tulkas Vs Melkor

In a physical fight, I've seen this draw mixed reactions before and found it quite interesting.

vanice
I thougt Tulkas beat the hell outa him twice. Am I wrong?

one uruk-hai vs. tree goblins

tulakhordpwns
uruk

Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli vs Hurin and Turin

vanice
I'd go with the three of 'em. Basically because they are three and one of them can shoot arrows..

The Secret Fire

cozmyster1
hihi saddos lord the rings suk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.