concerning Darwin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hawkwind
seriously who can take out darwin

bigbran
Originally posted by hawkwind
seriously who can take out darwin *sock, reported*
LT?

King_Mungi
Magic users perhaps, as could he evolve magic?

Brian Oswald
Franklin Richards

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Magic users perhaps, as could he evolve magic?

It's unclear whether he would be able to or not. However, as he has never shown the inability to evolve past something, the only possible guess one could enter would be...'yes.'

Validus
The purely scientific reasoning behind his powers versus the chaotic nature of magic? I say magic could stop him but thats just me.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Validus
The purely scientific reasoning behind his powers versus the chaotic nature of magic? I say magic could stop him but thats just me.
Yeah. His body should not be able to evolve past magic

Soljer
Should not, I agree.

But until we see him falter under a magical attack, he really has no limits. And while the evidence is currently inconclusive, I would say....he hasn't been UNABLE to evolve past anything thus far, he probably wouldn't be unable to evolve past magic at some point later in the future.

Validus
Whats the best he's faced thus far? Explosions and such?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Validus

The thing about magic, is its so undefined, that he should only be able to evolve to an aspect thats he's exposed to, like magical concussive blasts. But, when the nature of the magic changes, he should be back at square one

ExodusCloak
I'd say a reality warper...but....Psylocke is immune to RW so he should just be able to evolve passed the RW energy....in any event it's RW Energy...meaning it has a frequency and a wavelength which he could just become immune to...now BFR'ing via RW should work...

As for the magic thing...well isn't it considered Energy in the MU? So again couldn't he just evolve passed the energy wavelength?

Inconclusive...I guess...he seems like the perfect person to take out that Star-Destroying Bastard...

inamilist
I think Darwin's power is being misinterpreted

it is not that he could "evolve past" magic, it is that his body is capable of adapting instantly to the environment for his own survival.

So, in general, he would never become immune, or move past magic, but if say, you tried to hold him with the bands of cytorrak, it is presumable that he will evolve a capability to get out of them, however, it would not have any effect on other magic spells. The same probably goes for reality warping.

But ya, im sure some high level warper or magic user could do something too powerful for him to adapt to. They have lots of "outside the box" options

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by inamilist

it is not that he could "evolve past" magic, it is that his body is capable of adapting instantly to the environment for his own survival.

So, in general, he would never become immune, or move past magic, but if say, you tried to hold him with the bands of cytorrak, it is presumable that he will evolve a capability to get out of them, however, it would not have any effect on other magic spells. The same probably goes for reality warping.

But ya, im sure some high level warper or magic user could do something too powerful for him to adapt to. They have lots of "outside the box" options

That's true his adaptations aren't permanent...they last however long they're needed for....but he's been shown to adapt to attacks of unknown nature(Krakoas Attack) before they connect...so it's kind of a false immunity....because the attack will never have get the chance to do any damage...

BFR should work on him....I can't think of anyway he can save himself from that...

inamilist
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's true his adaptations aren't permanent...they last however long they're needed for....but he's been shown to adapt to attacks of unknown nature(Krakoas Attack) before they connect...so it's kind of a false immunity....because the attack will never have get the chance to do any damage...

BFR should work on him....I can't think of anyway he can save himself from that...

weird, i thought he needed to be exposed to something to overcome it

well, shows what i know

ExodusCloak
weird, i thought he needed to be exposed to something to overcome it

well, shows what i know

Well it is one of those....what was the writer smoking when they created him characters...

He can also force his adaptations....and he can increase his intelligence to whatever level needed via his powers...

It doesn't look like he'll last..since he can't be killed he'll most likely get trapped with Gabriel...in an alternate dimension...

inamilist
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Well it is one of those....what was the writer smoking when they created him characters...

He can also force his adaptations....and he can increase his intelligence to whatever level needed via his powers...

It doesn't look like he'll last..since he can't be killed he'll most likely get trapped with Gabriel...in an alternate dimension...

is he still kicking at all in a title?

I saw him in Deadly Genesis, anything since then

hmmm, I kinda thought he was interesting, but it would be good if they got rid of him. The last thing marvel needs is another character with a compleatly ambigious powerset

ExodusCloak
is he still kicking at all in a title?

I saw him in Deadly Genesis, anything since then

hmmm, I kinda thought he was interesting, but it would be good if they got rid of him. The last thing marvel needs is another character with a compleatly ambigious powerset

Yeah he's sticking around...so far he has been in the last 5 comics of the Vulcan/Shiar Arc...

He hasn't done much..other then survive unaided in space....

The Arc has been quite slow...the only hint of excitement was the mention of the Annihalation wave near Earth...the next issue should pick up...hopefully...

The Preview for the next issue:
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/166/marvelinnovember20060822080751640bv2.th.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4801.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4802.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4803.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4804.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4805.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4806.jpg

manjaro
i think he shouldnt have a problem evolving...the only hinderance is probably the amount of magic..like i dont think he would be able to withstand all that dormammu has got, but he has been shown to evolve a reaction to eveything, he's faced thus far...so still wouldnt rule it out

Soljer

We're aware that that's how it works. What is being asked is IF he could evolve defenses against magic?

For example, if he's in a fire, his skin may become incredibly resistant to heat. What of magical fire? Would it work the same way? If he's struck by lightning, perhaps his body would ground itself, or insulate his internal organs with some sort of rubbery compound - what if THOR struck him with lightning? Would the same happen? erm.

complexbrother
Leech with a bb gun .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/X198leech.jpg
Can dampen or completely nullify the powers of any mutant near him.

Soljer
Originally posted by complexbrother
Leech with a bb gun .

Hasn't darwin already evolved past physical harm? Didn't he evolve into energy?

Point only because if he has, then leech has no chance. Leech may nullify Darwin's evolving ability, but that doesn't remove the adaptations that are already in place.

ExodusCloak
Leech with a bb gun .

Ah...but more then likely Darwin evolves past that....Leech's power works by creating an energy dampening field...which Darwin should be able to evolve past...evolve past being Homo Superior...I mean he has become pure energy...

We might actually see this go into effect...Gabriel can supress mutant powers too...chances are we might actually see Darwin evolve past this....when they confront each other...

complexbrother
to elvolve is Darwin's primary mutant power, leech can nullify any and all mutant power, that is an on panel feat. all mutant power period. so how can Darwin evolve when his his power to evolve is completly nullified ?

Darwin usual state is that of a regular human of simular size, strength and so on . he does not often keep the gifts he has evolved into .

ExodusCloak
to elvolve is Darwin's primary mutant power, leech can nullify any and all mutant power, that is an on panel feat. all mutant power period. so how can Darwin evolve when his his power to evolve is completly nullified ?

Because Darwin has been shown to evolve before the stimulis in the enviroment is applied.

And because Leeches power is an Energy Dampening Field....it's Energy...which can be evolved past...

And Darwins power is "Evolve in order to Survive"....

BTW A Human could take out Leech with a BB gun....

Soljer

Darwin usual state is that of a regular human of simular size, strength and so on . he does not often keep the gifts he has evolved into .

TO evolve is Darwin's power. The evolutions themselves are NOT.

Say, for example, he evolved claws. Those claws are now just as natural as Darwin's hair. Just as natural as Darwin's toe nails. If he went into leech's field, he would lose the power to evolve, but the (entirely natural) claws would remain, they wouldn't disappear.

Same with all of his other evolutions. They would remain.

inamilist
Originally posted by Soljer

Say, for example, he evolved claws. Those claws are now just as natural as Darwin's hair. Just as natural as Darwin's toe nails. If he went into leech's field, he would lose the power to evolve, but the (entirely natural) claws would remain, they wouldn't disappear.

it matters about the chronology though

if Darwin can anticipate a stimuli and adjust to be immune to it prior to being exposed to it, and, if Leech's power nullification is a projected energy, then it is somewhat logical to assume that Darwin could become immune to that specific energy before Leech is able to use it on him.

Its moderatly paradoxical, and sorta becomes like the "burito so hot even god couldn't eat it" thing, but it works.

ThePittman

complexbrother
Originally posted by Soljer

I want to agree with you, I really do but if this was so then Darwin would still be made of energy, or have a set of gills, or no lungs, or smooth wet skin (due to the fire in which he saved his mother from), or ultra light and rubbery skin (from when he tried to kill himself, and floated to the ground and bonced), stone hands (from when he fought with bullies), ect . he dosn't always keep all the accouterments that he gets when he evolves.

ThePittman

complexbrother
and this chareter could take Dawrin out also ...

Scrambler
http://comics.images.free.fr/scrambler.jpg
Scrambler is a mutant who possesses the ability to disrupt the function of any system with his touch, whether that system be that of a living being, a machine, or a field of energy. Scrambler must physically touch his target with his bare flesh in order to affect it. Scrambler has at least partial control over the effect his power has. If he touches a living being, Scrambler can cause immobilization, unconsciousness, or death. If his victim possesses superhuman powers, Scrambler can disrupt the function of those powers, most often causing them to overload which is often traumatic or even fatal for the victim.

imagine if his powers of evolution went horrably out of control, he'll be as much a danger to himself as to everyone around him.

ThePittman
Rogue would be another one to watch out for as well.

ExodusCloak
and this chareter could take Dawrin out also ...

Scrambler
http://comics.images.free.fr/scrambler.jpg
Scrambler is a mutant who possesses the ability to disrupt the function of any system with his touch, whether that system be that of a living being, a machine, or a field of energy. Scrambler must physically touch his target with his bare flesh in order to affect it. Scrambler has at least partial control over the effect his power has. If he touches a living being, Scrambler can cause immobilization, unconsciousness, or death. If his victim possesses superhuman powers, Scrambler can disrupt the function of those powers, most often causing them to overload which is often traumatic or even fatal for the victim.

imagine if his powers of evolution went horrably out of control, he'll be as much a danger to himself as to everyone around him.

This guys chances of taking out Darwin are even lower....then Leeches because he has to make physical contact.

Darwins evolution powers have been shown to work before a stimulis is applied to the enviroment....meaning...Rogue, Scrambler, Pulse and Leeches powers will have no effect...

Because he'll evolve past the energy field..or past being Homo Superior...

Life Guard has a better chance...but she'd probably lose in the end...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeguard_(comics)

Soljer
I want to agree with you, I really do but if this was so then Darwin would still be made of energy, or have a set of gills, or no lungs, or smooth wet skin (due to the fire in which he saved his mother from), or ultra light and rubbery skin (from when he tried to kill himself, and floated to the ground and bonced), stone hands (from when he fought with bullies), ect . he dosn't always keep all the accouterments that he gets when he evolves.

I thought they only disappeared if Darwin consciously let them go, erm.

Maybe I'm incorrect, I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong.

However, I thought some of his evolutions had stayed constant with him thus far.

Maybe not? erm.

bitca360
So has Darwin only be shown to "adapt & evolve past" things that would be harmful to him, or does he have the potential to develop defenses to potentially beneficial things as well?

Example: If Elixir tried to heal him (granted if Darwin's power works properly he shouldn't need healing, but whatever) would he reject Elixir's efforts? Or if Sage wanted to "jumpstart" his mutation even further would it have no effect on him?

NiņoAraņa
hulk can, apparently no expression

Gecko4lif
any speedster i would think

He seems to evovle kinda slow

grey fox
Doom stomps all over Darwin.

SuperiorTech
Question can his power be countered by hitting him with multipy attack's of different nature's so fast that he can counter each one.

Power16
Probably or maybe he'll just develop a shield.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.