Elizabeth tells the audience what she wants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shannstar79
Elizabeth tells the audience who she wants to be with and the life she chooses:

her Hero line" you like pain? try wearing a corset!"

-Jack frees her of the corset when he rescues her from drowning!
-at the end of COTBP she is back in Port Royal with Will wearing a corset but helping Jack escape from the hangman
- at the beginning of DMC she is still in the corset, with a look of pain on her face, wedding interrupted, fate intervenes
- she looses the dress and corset , dresses as a man, and meets up with Jack: shes free, shes found freedom /no corset with Jack, she wants Jack, she wants the freedom that the Corset(Will) cannot give her
IMO

LovelyOne
Yes I agree with you. The corset resembles her lack of freedom. She hates being stuck in them, she cant breathe, Jack meets her and the first moment he meets her he rips away the her shell and gets to the core. He lets her breathe..we suddenly see feisty Liz.

Jack is stripped down there too. And the same goes for the island scene we see who he really is. We just saw strip off his shell and be who he really is (heroic) we then later see his lower points. Both around Elizabeth.

Chiki Mina
The second movie she removes her dress. Meaning her wedding was a disaster to begin with. Like that scene when it drowned, if she wouldve still worn that stess she wouldve sunked along with it.

RedHandedJill
This is a very good point you bring up.

these are debatable, but here's what i could come up with...
Hero quotes from movie 1:

Elizabeth: "like pain, try wearing a corset."
Will: "And a good man... etc... at least my conscionce will be clean."
Jack: No line. just shooting Barbie in the heart. that look right after. or "bring me that horizon." or his bit about freedom on the island.

Hero quotes from movie 2:
Will: "I will not abandon you." (to father)
Elizabeth: dont think she gets one. closest you could go would be her "yes" at the end, eh?
Jack: gets 2! no words again, just picking up the rifle, exploding the kraken and then drawing his sword and leaping into the kraken.

So for Jack, we already know that actions speak louder than words. Both of Will's big moments have very little to do with Elizabeth- they have to do with squaring with the pirate in his blood.
And you've already nicely explained Elizabeth's. smile

shannstar79
Thak you redhandedjill and your right, will is doing just what Jack said he would in COTBP

"what a man can do, or what a man cant do, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you cannot, but pirate is in your blood boy so you will have to square with that someday "

well said Jack!!

Chiki Mina
^^^Will squared that in DMC

RedHandedJill
lol... Jack has pretty much got Will pegged. I reckon that will change a bit in 3.

Has Will finished squaring with that? i think he's on the road but not quite there.

shannstar79
Originally posted by RedHandedJill
lol... Jack has pretty much got Will pegged. I reckon that will change a bit in 3.

Has Will finished squaring with that? i think he's on the road but not quite there.

I agree Will is still learning who is is and he has made it cllaear that his father is most important to him, I am sure we will see more of a Pirate come out in Will durring AWE

Chiki Mina
sigh

shannstar79
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
sigh

I luv u
dont be like that smile
i sorry sad

katelovespirate
oooh! hero quotes! lol...

why doesnt lizzie get one in 2??? whats up with that? haha.

shannstar79
Originally posted by katelovespirate
oooh! hero quotes! lol...

why doesnt lizzie get one in 2??? whats up with that? haha.

true that !!
they even said (Which I am sure you know this) in the commentary on COTBP that her Hero line about the corset was the hardest line in the movie to write!

That is true unless hers is a hero action instead of a line?

willofthewisp
Could the scene where she steals the letters from Beckett have any hero quotes for Liz? I thought that was pretty kick-ass.

Chiki Mina
its time liz did something unselfish. the last scene she did it on a selfish impulse. I think she should do something thats a little moresacrificing. WE already saw jack sacrificing himself and it took us by surprise. Im stil waitng for Liz to surprise us.

CaptinJackLover
Well thats true that she hasnt sacraficed for him yet, but she didnt really realize how sad she going to be until she actually did it and he was gone and "dead". but now she is going to sacrafice for him. She is going to the end of the earth for him AND not to mention she is giving up a man who she COULD have learned to love (alhtough highly impossible) like she loves Jack, and she wouldny be through any danger like she iswith Jack. SHe could have stayed the happy little governer's daughter and married a blacksmith and have the stupid little perfect family most people dream of.

BUT NO! she choooses Jack and risks losing that life. SHe is risking getting killed being with Jack on that boat, she is risking a dream life being with Jack and cheating on poor Will who i must remind you she was going to marry. She is risking many things...But i must say I do agree she must do more for Jack but you must give her a bit of credit for what she has done already (even htough it isnt that great)

JaehSkywalker
interesting point of view.

i just love the way how you guys think.

yes

Chiki Mina
we are special big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.