how did general grievous get his cough?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Anakin16
i heard they tell u in some cartoon series.

but anyway does anybody know how he got it plz

Alliance
He supposedly gets it when Mace collapses part of hist chest.

However I may point out that this is NOT CANNON. wink

It is also incongruent with EIII as Greivous' chest is clearly intact and if you could just collapse him like a aluminum can, jedi would have done that already.

Basically, Lucas just has a fetish for asthmatic villians.

Darth Anakin16
thanx for telling me.

queeq
Originally posted by Alliance

laughing out loud

Council#13
He supposedly gets it when Mace collapses part of hist chest.

However I may point out that this is NOT CANNON. wink

It is also incongruent with EIII as Greivous' chest is clearly intact and if you could just collapse him like a aluminum can, jedi would have done that already.

I always thought the Clone Wars were considered Cannon confused

It would take a Jedi who walks the line between Light and Dark yet not go off into the Darkside to use a Darkside Force-technique to do that. Mace fits all of those catagories.

laughing out loud

queeq
Tell Alliance, he'd love that.

Council#13
Tell 'im what, gov'ner?

queeq
About Mace... he likes his Force grey...

Council#13
laughing out loud

PVS
answer: GG is a pothead erm

queeq
GG?

PVS
shut up! chair

SpaceMonkey
Since Lucas endorsed it and it was being shown on the official website, I also considered The Clone Wars series Canon(remember, they also showed how Anakin got that scar). I'm fine with the idea that the second best Jedi in the galaxy would be able to do that to Grievous. As far as why it wasn't crushed in the movie, he could have gotten a replacement chestpiece.... you can't replace crushed organs or damaged lungs though.

queeq
Well, the organs were always quite exposed, especially from the elements. Not well protected against cold or anything...

Alliance
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
he could have gotten a replacement chestpiece.... He got a replacement chestpiece in the 20 min between the end of CLone Wars and EIII? Does he carry spares around?

General G
He got a replacement chestpiece in the 20 min between the end of CLone Wars and EIII? Does he carry spares around?

I would assume so becuause if someone got some random good hit in, he would probably need medical attention quick, not have to wait to enter another star system and get it there. Although, I don't think he got a replacement, he was pretty busy throughout the end of Clone Wars series and the beginning of Episode 3 it seemed.

queeq
He got a replacement chestpiece in the 20 min between the end of CLone Wars and EIII? Does he carry spares around?

How do you know it's 20 minutes?

Alliance
Lucas told me.

Mišt
Originally posted by Council#13
I always thought the Clone Wars were considered Cannon confused

It would take a Jedi who walks the line between Light and Dark yet not go off into the Darkside to use a Darkside Force-technique to do that. Mace fits all of those catagories.

laughing out loud

Cause he's black?nahuh

GG made a crappy thread and Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked him for it.

queeq
Lucas told me.

Since when do you believe him?

Council#13

Alliance
Since I find no evidence to dispute that.

Jump time is never discussed in cannon, but it can't be that long.

queeq
Heck,. could be months. How long do two fighters take to leave the outer rim and make it back to Coruscant?

Alliance
They were in Star Destroyers.

Thorinn
I wonder when all this stuff will stop being discussed. no expression

Alliance
Never 1234

Thorinn
Somehow, I knew you would say that.

Alliance
Somehow.

Basically, I'll talk about Star Wars, even if its answering mindless questions.

queeq
Good.

So how long would it take Grievous to change his armour? I bet he had some kind of wardrobe on the Invisble Hand.

Council#13
Do these aluminum plates make my butt look big?

queeq
A vertical stripe on the chest plates would take pounds of me.

Alliance
Exercise and Diet also do that.

queeq
He did a bit too much of that methinks. Only his organs are left. One CAN overdo it... So Grievous is an anorexic... hmmm, interesting.

Alliance
Don't make me give you the birds and the bees talk.

queeq
In light of Grievous's condition I'd actually like to hear that.

Alliance
You're not old enough.

queeq
Last time you talked about my age, I was way up in my 80s and in a wheelchair. Make up your mind.

Tan-El
Why not? Anakin replaced his artificial hand in a very short space of time at the end of Clone Wars, and either had a spare, or built it from scratch, I can't see why Grievous could not have also managed to effect similar repairs.

queeq
He has his own workshop I'm sure.

Alliance
Originally posted by Council#13
Do these aluminum plates make my butt look big?

Aluminum butt plugs are....distasteful.

queeq
Really? I wouldn't know.

Alliance
Really. no expression

queeq
Oh.

Freshbrood
How many times was C3PO blasted apart, and then re-assembled in under half an hour? Please.. to think a badass warrior like Grievous would not have extra entire arms, legs, shoulder plates, components, etc.. on his ship.. We've already seen he has his own medical lab and droids.

Grievous was a seasoned warrior even as Kaleesh general Qymaen jai Sheelal. In fact, his reputation as a general bad-ass throughout the galaxy, unfortunately for him, attracted the attention of Count Dooku, who secretly ****ed up Qymaen, (aka Grievous) then, like an *******, says "Hey buddy, we can save your life and fix ya right up, but the thing is, in exchange for our help, you gotta lead my droid armies in the fight against the Jedi.." So, of course, he says sure..

Also, many have asked the question weather or not Grievous (Qymaen) is a Sith, or has force powers. The general concensus is no, he does not. He only uses their weapon..

For a long time, I agreed with this.. but recently, I think I've change my mind. I would now say, very possibly, very minor/mild force abilities.. Here's why..

When Dooku rebuilt General Qymaen into Grievous, he used a blood transfusion of his deceased friend, the Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas.

There are basically 2 main types of Jedi, warriors and clairvoyants. Both have -at least- basic training in the way of the lightsaber. Leia had mild clairvoyancy, and thus, force abilities, in that she was able to telepathically hear Luke's thoughts, and home in on his location. Leia and Han later have twin children, one having clairvoyant force abilities. Sifo-Dyas's main force ability was clairvoyance.

Is it not unreasonable to assume, that Grievous, with a transfusion of the great Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas's blood, -may- have some force ability? Perhaps not physical telekenisis or even clairvoyance.. but possibly just a heightened sense of timing or awareness, slightly super-natural, due to his new blood?..

..I mean, technically, he now does have force midichlorians in his blood, and therefore, a measureable, indisputable amount of force, however minute.

This is ALL CANON, approved storyline by Lucas himself. And theoretically, any non-force user might gain minute force abilities via a blood transfusion..

(Wiki "General_Grievous"wink

(Wiki "Midi-chlorian"wink

steverules_2
HOW did anakin get that scar?

Darth Angel
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/international-politics/18309d1264018105-racism-ignorance-laziness-just-plain-stupidity-necromancy.jpg

dinelka
The reason that Grievous gets that cough of his is because Jedi Master Mace Windu (the badass) used Force Crush (a powerful dark force), which Mace was able to use and not turn to the dark side right at the General's chest, severely damaging it. After this, the General also lost much power...

Search this on youtube-- Mace Windu vs General Grievous

Thoren
He caught lung cancer from smoking too much.

Barker
Originally posted by Thoren
He caught lung cancer from smoking too much.
2005 called.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2
HOW did anakin get that scar?

He tripped and fell in the bathroom and then blamed OB1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.