What do You want in the POTC forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
So, in an attempt to make things more interesting, I'm going to make this thread where we all can brainstorm for ideas and activites to do in the POTC forum. So what ideas do you have to make this forum more active? The discussion threads are great, you all have a lot of insights. So that's defaintly a plus. But what else?

We could do a sort of monthly debate on a topic or something.

Ideas are welcomed! wink

LovelyOne
A thing where you have to join to read posts ??

Also..um..maybe a themed background like I saw in the Star Wars one laughing out loud
big fat Jack Sparro...and even Lizzie background laughing out loud
you can keep the whelp out of it if ya wnt lol

RoguePw25
Originally posted by LovelyOne
A thing where you have to join to read posts ??

Also..um..maybe a themed background like I saw in the Star Wars one laughing out loud
big fat Jack Sparro...and even Lizzie background laughing out loud
you can keep the whelp out of it if ya wnt lol

ooh a theme/skin is a little outside my reach, HOWEVER, I've messed around with coding and such (since I have my own site) so I might be able to ask Raz if he or I could make something. Good idea.

Mistypirate
LOL keep the whelp out. I think that is a good idea. At this time my brain is not fully working so I don't have any interesting ideal. But as soon as I think of a good one I will definitely post it.

PirateDiva
MayBe We CaN Have LiKe CoNtesTs And stuff...like u (MoD) choose a POTC character to draw and then we all enter our drawings and then u choose the winner...or we can have like a trivia game or something....I dont know just babbling!!

Mistypirate
yes that sounds like a really good idea.

LovelyOne
OHH a drawing contest!! awesome! I'd do that!

PirateDiva
YaY I'M Glad u Likeded My IdeA!!! smile

RoguePw25
Originally posted by PirateDiva
MayBe We CaN Have LiKe CoNtesTs And stuff...like u (MoD) choose a POTC character to draw and then we all enter our drawings and then u choose the winner...or we can have like a trivia game or something....I dont know just babbling!!

I like this idea as well. We could also have a (small) essay contest (like a paragraph long) on a topic for all those who can't draw. We could have deadline date, and I could makea rubric that I score you all on and the person(s) with the most points win.

I could even make a banner for the winner. oooh, good idea PirateDiva!

tee_pirategirl
oh this is a good idea thank you for letting us brainstorm stuff. I really like the trivia idea cause we can see how much we know about the characters and the movie and we'll get to know the things we don't. good ideas

Gravitation
I'll think of something at school today. But I love ALL the ideas so far.

*thinks*

Gravitation
Ok,idea.

For us video makers,we could have a contest. The ones who can't make a vid give us a list of what they want.You(the Mod)chose one from that list and we make a vid about that idea.

EX: Sparrabeth- Love and Attraction
we would have to do a Sparrabeth with the song 'Love and Atrraction'.

Of coarse there would have to be a deadline.

shannstar79
you guys this is great!! I like the idea of Trivia as well I think that would be really fun

I like the drawing contest idea, but I only draw stick people so I wont be entering laughing laughing

Chiki Mina
We could have like a um...Pirate phrase of the day for example like today can be like Savvy or Bugger. something stupid like that lol. Im gonna write my ideas in a different paper lol

evilm0nki3
I have no ideas lol

Contests sound fun though!

Chiki Mina
we could have a potc forum member of the week. I dunno lol

evilm0nki3
when i was in 5th grade my bus driver would pick a rider of the week every week!

that was based on good behavior though.

shannstar79
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
we could have a potc forum member of the week. I dunno lol

thats a cool idea!!

tee_pirategirl
We could have like a um...Pirate phrase of the day for example like today can be like Savvy or Bugger. something stupid like that lol. Im gonna write my ideas in a different paper lol
really like that idea

Chiki Mina
yeah I guess is not half bad lol. BUt we have to choose why that member is that potc forum member of the week lol

Like maybe good behavior, the one with the most theories or rather better theories. SOmething like that.

tee_pirategirl
yeah the one with the most posts , theories and/or suggestions and best behavior towards others...like your ideas chiki they're very inresting

evilm0nki3
aw i never have any theories haha...

i like the idea though..

shannstar79
what about a thread where we could post pics of ourselves and kind put a face with a name

would you guys be interested in that?
I think it would be fun to kind of get a look at who you have been talking to and getting to know over the past months

evilm0nki3
no. i cant put my picture on the internet lol..

nononononono...

not for those weirdos!

shannstar79
hahah ok nevermind
sorry
just thinking about fun ideas thats all smile

evilm0nki3
heeyyy what about taking pictures of our desks or something.. stalkers cant do anything about a desk..

and its where we all sit for hours each day lol

shannstar79
laughing hahah
that coulld be fun
but mine would be reallly boaring, i dont really have a desk I am a nurse so I would have to take a picture of some surgery or something laughing

LovelyOne
you should make the backgroubnd like my youtube background big grin

although I dunno if it would work here..cuz its like a desktop theme thing..I forgot what they are called..what are they called?

johnnyforever
Originally posted by Gravitation
Ok,idea.

For us video makers,we could have a contest. The ones who can't make a vid give us a list of what they want.You(the Mod)chose one from that list and we make a vid about that idea.

EX: Sparrabeth- Love and Attraction
we would have to do a Sparrabeth with the song 'Love and Atrraction'.

Of coarse there would have to be a deadline. I LOVE this idea. 'cause i can't make videos, but i sure have some great ideas!

yet sadly i have no ideas about what to put on here. no

johnnyforever
you should make the backgroubnd like my youtube background big grin

although I dunno if it would work here..cuz its like a desktop theme thing..I forgot what they are called..what are they called? shrug

LovelyOne
wallpaper!!! thats what its called

this 1:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2294/gina024kt0.jpg

but I dunno if it will work lol

shannstar79
That it HOTT LovleyOne

Chiki Mina

johnnyforever
oh wow i love all of them!!! especially the part about the AWE countdown!

...IF everybody else likes it, that is!

ivebeendepped43
Oh..My.....Gosh! I have the coolest idea EVER! It's like totally crunk and pimped out! its the most spectacular thing anyone has ever thought of! its.......................................i got nothin'.

a-k-a-amber
yeah it cant just be random and stuff but i like the trivia stuff

ivebeendepped43
yeah, i like all of the above!

tee_pirategirl

willofthewisp
I love all of those, especially the J/E scene of the week. I don't think we could run out of those.

This is a little off POTC topic, but at another message board I was a member of, we had a birthday thread to keep track of birthdays and that was where we could wish people a happy birthday.

PirateDiva
And maybe we can have like a "Make up a Jack/Liz scene story and then choose which one is the best"

Gravitation
^ that would be...long.

ivebeendepped43
i think its an awesome idea!

tee_pirategirl
woooooow yeah...we'll have loads of J/E scenes and I'll never be bored again HUZZAH!

ivebeendepped43
HUZZAH!

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
HUZZAH!
AHA SPAMMM banned
boxing

PIRATES=SEX
We should have a top poster of the week

Jack of Blades
Red Two!!!

johnnyforever
well chiki mina already said, potc forum member of the week in her ideas but, yeah i love it! actually i love all of the ideas! but i can't come up with anything sad

diddly-dum
We should have a single thread that includes ALL Jack/Liz debates!! lol

ivebeendepped43
yeah, we have to do that one! i mean, we have like, 50 of them. and, i think we should reduce the amount of theory threads to only acouple cuz we got bout 100 of those

diddly-dum
YES!!!!!!

ivebeendepped43
uumm...what else? i got nuthin

Jack of Blades
and that tread shou be a sticky.Dont forget that.

Gravitation
What about a Video thread.Just a place where we can put Jack/Liz,Jack,etc vids.

johnnyforever
maybe everyone could once in a while post a 'joke of the day'? only thing i could come up with.

ivebeendepped43
they could b pirate related jokes? or Johnny related. or skeleton related. hey, y did the skeleton go to the bbq joint? cuz he needed 2 pick up some spare ribs! haha! get it? spare ribs? i KILL myself!

johnnyforever
laughing that's a good one! but i think jokes would be a good idea for like when we are stressed out over potc, and need a good laugh.

evilm0nki3
i know a pirate joke i could share!

lets have a pirate joke threadbig grin

ivebeendepped43
yeah!!
What did the.....wait, ill save it 4 the thread

Chiki Mina
How much did The Pearl cost Jack Sparrow?

ivebeendepped43
a buck an ear! that was on the froot loops box!!

johnnyforever
yeah probably so!! i would've never thought of that!

ivebeendepped43
hehe!

Chiki Mina
yeah i read that box a couple of nights ago. I almost raped the box big grin Ooo have you all noticed taht its only liz and jack in that box?

ivebeendepped43
yes i have! and please dont rape an innocent cereal box! lol

Chiki Mina
You're right! Poor trees!!

Im working on a RP lool I cant wait to post it!!

johnnyforever

Im working on a RP lool I cant wait to post it!! me either!

johnnyforever
yeah i read that box a couple of nights ago. I almost raped the box big grin Ooo have you all noticed taht its only liz and jack in that box? actually i found that the cereal was nasty sick edible but nasty

and i did notice that there is only one picture of Will on the front of the box. but i don't remember seeing liz on the box.

johnnyforever

Im working on a RP lool I cant wait to post it!! i know RP is them little stories that you post, but what does it stand for?

Chiki Mina
I wish My avatar was bigger. Only a few I have seen their avatars are big. Whoah out of subject lol

Jack of Blades
Chiki when youl be at KMC atleast a year you can have it 85x85.Two year 100x100

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Red Two
Chiki when youl be at KMC atleast a year you can have it 85x85.Two year 100x100

You're kidding...wow so as time pases by your avatar gets bigger? thats interesting..

johnnyforever
Chiki when youl be at KMC atleast a year you can have it 85x85.Two year 100x100 eek! cool!! kinda weird though. i've only been here a couple of months sad

evilm0nki3
cool i think ive been here a year now yippee

Red Two
evilm0nki3 yes you have been so you can have an 85x85 avatar.Congrats

evilm0nki3
yay i got a new onesmile

Red Two
Not a Sausage bawling

johnnyforever
There There Commander Red Two. petpet

diddly-dum
so anymore ideas???????

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Chiki when youl be at KMC atleast a year you can have it 85x85.Two year 100x100 how'd u find that out?

johnnyforever
offtopic i wish this smiley wasn't mean looking! i'm just saying lets get back to the ideas!

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by johnnyforever
i know RP is them little stories that you post, but what does it stand for?

it stands for RolePlay

johnnyforever
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
it stands for RolePlay pray THANK YOU! i wasn't there from the begining so, i didn't know! laughing out loud

johnnyforever
idea I GOT IT!! i know we've had this already but a POTC Avatar and Signature Thread! 'cause we haven't had one in a long time, and i know you've all made new ones by now!

ivebeendepped43
yeah!! luv it!

johnnyforever
Really? yay!! smile

ivebeendepped43
GO JOHNNYFOREVER!

evilm0nki3
I demand HTML combatibility or whatever for profiles.

Please and thank you.

Chiki Mina
WE should have a b-day thread.

johnnyforever
GO JOHNNYFOREVER! aww! thank you! *sniff sniff*

ivebeendepped43
what r friends 4?

johnnyforever
AAWWW!! that's the nicest thing a friend has ever said to me! crybaby

Chiki Mina
Kind of reminds me of an old 80s song

What are friends are for lol

johnnyforever
oh! i wasn't born yet no

Chiki Mina
i was born in 88

i just listen to alot of 80s music

Gravitation
We got a little of subject there.

johnnyforever
yeah! offtopiclol

Chiki Mina
i know my fault.

tee_pirategirl
so any ways when are all these new activities and stuff gonna start? does anyone know?

johnnyforever
i know my fault. NUH UH! it was mine. sad *to self* shame on you!....goin' all, 'off topic'.

johnnyforever
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
so any ways when are all these new activities and stuff gonna start? does anyone know? I don't know. Rogue never said anything. I guess he has to pick and choose which ideas to put on here.

ivebeendepped43
true, but i cant wait till thyere up and running!

tee_pirategirl
yeah I'm pretty excited

ivebeendepped43
i luv Sparrabeth vids! i've been watching them for nigh on 2 hours!

a-k-a-amber
HEY ROUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! START THESE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
HEY ROUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! START THESE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean that in a nice way just trin to get ur attention

ivebeendepped43
yeah, ditto!

johnnyforever
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
i mean that in a nice way just trin to get ur attention laughing out loud have you ever noticed that when you see a moderator, you wanna run away? i do 'cause i'm afraid i'll say something stupid and they'll ban me! lol i'm like,
"MODERATOR!! firefirefireph" lol

ivebeendepped43
ok................

evilm0nki3
lol

he was on today ....

no expression

Turbo-charged
he's on now.

johnnyforever
guess it's just me.......no expression.....hehehe....

ivebeendepped43
hiya!

Red Two
If you dont do anything that is agaists the rules he wont bann you

LovelyOne
so when we having a drawing competition?? big grin

evilm0nki3
hehe

i want to do that smile

johnnyforever
hiya! wave

johnnyforever
If you dont do anything that is agaists the rules he wont bann you i know...... i like your new avatar and siggy!

johnnyforever
so when we having a drawing competition?? big grin YEAH!! w00t

ivebeendepped43
i drew a pic of Capn Jack and JOhnny depp!

Mistypirate
I would like to see it.

johnnyforever
i drew a pic of Capn Jack and JOhnny depp! I'm doing a sketch of Johnny too! once i get a camera i'll show everyone.

ivebeendepped43
once we hook up our scanner.....

johnnyforever
doh DUUHHHH! god i'm stupid! i HAVE a scanner/copier! oh wait! not today but maybe tomorrow i'll scan it and see if it comes up on the computer! eek! i could, go to the OTF and show scottie my pictures and......

sorry 'bout the rambling.

ivebeendepped43
who is this scottie gut and why is he so cool?

johnnyforever
who is this scottie gut and why is he so cool? shrug i told you before! hes a really nice guy and we like to talk to each other in the Off Topic Forum. and if you look at his profile, scroll down to where it says, 'Who I Love Most On KMC' laughing out loud

ivebeendepped43
ooookkkkk

johnnyforever
nah. stupid can't figure out how to use the scanner/copier. i mean really? what good does a 'scanner/copier' do, if you can't even use it!! i'll have to read the instruction manuel...... IF I STILL HAVE IT! or i could ask my bro. if he has the time. *sigh*

ivebeendepped43
lol yeah, ditto

johnnyforever
laughing out loud

Bwa Ha Ha
..........yes

ivebeendepped43
spammer!lol

Bwa Ha Ha
Spam tastes icky....

ivebeendepped43
amen 2 that!

a-k-a-amber
i like spam... it tastes good.... very good lol

ivebeendepped43
eewwwwww! its gwoss!homestar

a-k-a-amber
It is not... OMG! that reminds me of the bloopers

Chiki Mina
what does spam ham has to do with bloopers?? lol

Bwa Ha Ha
Bloopers and Spam......huh?

a-k-a-amber
when johnny starts cracking up b/c he cant say i did not..... u know now that i think about it it doesn't really remind me.... im just a bit strange like that lol

ivebeendepped43
whenever i see that "i did not" thing, i burst out laughing. his smaile when he laughs is like, to DIE 4! im watching CATCF right now! yay Johnny!

Bwa Ha Ha
.......where's the link 2 the bloopers again?

johnnyforever
it's somewhere on photobucket.... and on here but i don't even know the last time we posted that here

evilm0nki3
its on my photobucket ....

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/?action=view&current=PiratesoftheCaribbean2Bloopers.flv

johnnyforever
eek! thanks!!

ivebeendepped43
i have seen those bloopers so many times, ive memorized them

Bwa Ha Ha
lol

a-k-a-amber
i wanna watch them again *leaves to watch...*

ivebeendepped43
i watched them 3 times yesterday...

Bwa Ha Ha
lol i just watched 'em again....