Most Anticipated Games Ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
I know we've all had them. Games we just couldn't wait for, games that we lost sleep for the night before their release, games that we used to plan our weeks around when they did come out. So, list your all time most anticipated games, whether it disappointed you or blew away your expectations. Here's mine:

1. Killer Instinct (SNES)
2. Mario 64 (N64)
3. Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
4. Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES)
5. FFVIII (PSX)
6. FFVI (SNES)
7. Gears of War (360)
8. Half Life 2 (PC)
9. Killer Instinct Gold (N64)
10. Legend of Zelda: Ocerana of Time (N64)

InnerRise
1. Pokemon Gameboy and Gameboy Advanced Games

2. Super Smash Brother's Melee

3. Pokemon Stadium (Although I never got it)

4. Tekken 3

5. The Sims 2

6. Final Fantasy XII

7. X-Men Mutant Academy Games

8. Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy Color

9. Prince of Persia Trilogy

10. Kingdom Hearts Games

As usual. I would trust my lists. They seem shifty. shifty

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Blax X
Duke Nukem Foever.

Oh wait...

AstroFan
1. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(its been forever, and it was so close to coming out once roll eyes (sarcastic) )
2. Perfect Dark Zero(didnt live up)
3. Halo 2(was fun, but didnt live up to all the hype, and wasnt worth the waiting in line)
4. Smackdown vs Raw 2007(since i traded in my PS2 years ago i havent been able to enjoy a smackdown game in a long time)

This is a really hard list to make, and I dont even think mine is close to accurate, except number 1. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

InnerRise
Originally posted by InnerRise
1. Pokemon Gameboy and Gameboy Advanced Games

2. Super Smash Brother's Melee

3. Pokemon Stadium (Although I never got it)

4. Tekken 3

5. The Sims 2

6. Final Fantasy XII

7. X-Men Mutant Academy Games

8. Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy Color

9. Prince of Persia Trilogy

10. Kingdom Hearts Games

As usual. I would trust my lists. They seem shifty. shifty

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I apologize for the smiley in this sig. I didn't not insert it there. It doesn't belong. I told you my list is suspicious.

Mišt
1. Oblivion (PC)
2. Perfect Dark (N64)
3. Fable (Xbox)
4. KOTOR (Xbox)
5. Empire at War (PC)
6. Mark of Chaos (PC)

Kaled
Lets see, well:

FFVII the remake

Starcraft 2

Warcraft III

World of Warcaft

Everquest 2

City of Villians

Battle for Middle earth 2

Kingdom Hearts 2

UT2004

Dynasty Warriors 4

Black&White 2

Half Life 2

i might be back with more

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kaled
Lets see, well:

FFVII the remake

There has been no confirmation on this.

dirkdirden
FFVII the remake and the origanal

Warcraft II

Warcraft III

Diablo 2

Phantasy star 2 and 4

Shining force II and III and cd

Lunar 2

Chrono Cross

Dragon Quest 8

Final Fantasy tactacs advance (huge let down)

Toe Jam and earl for xbox(huge let down as well)

Kayne Archeron
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Ocarina of Time
Sonic Adventure
Kingdom Hearts
Super Smash Bros. Melee

and my current in-waiting:
Twilight Princess
Smash Bros. Brawl

InnerRise
Originally posted by dirkdirden

Final Fantasy tactacs advance (huge let down)Yes, it wasn't good a'tall.

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Toe Jam and earl for xbox(huge let down as well)
I never knew they released Toe Jam and Earl for the Xbox.

When?

How was it a let down?

Impediment
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.......................since it keeps getting pushed back over and over again.

Smasandian
Half Life 2.

That's pretty much the only one I really, really wanted.

dirkdirden
Yes, it wasn't good a'tall.

I never knew they released Toe Jam and Earl for the Xbox.

When?

How was it a let down?

Came out in 2002 I think and It didn't have the same feel as the first one. the camera views weren't very good the game was easy and split screen sucked in 3d. They should have just kept it 2d like the old school. Also if they were to take talk gangsta classes a little bit more seriously it would have been better as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/toejamearl3missiontoearth/index.html

mud_blood_princ
this one is more recent
1. Assassins creed

jaden101
metal gear 2: disappointed
san andreas: loved it
conflcit global storm: i really love the whole series...wasn't disappointed
enter the matrix: total steaming pile
driv3r: steaming pile
medal of honour frontline: reasonable
zelda majoras mask: great
wind waker: great
perfect dark: great
soul caliber II: steamer
jedi academy: quality

AstroFan
Superman Returns deserves honorable mention for me, I was expecting it back in June. Im a huge Supes fan, and this looks like the first good Superman game.

ariwin
I am so excited that the Family Guy game finally came out! I am going to get it for myself and for a lot of my family members as Xmas gifts...I think they are going to love it. I have heard a lot of good things from friends that have already played it..so I don't think I can be wrong on this one!

office jesus
Originally posted by AstroFan
Superman Returns deserves honorable mention for me, I was expecting it back in June. Im a huge Supes fan, and this looks like the first good Superman game.

It looks like the tarnishment of Superman 64 will finally go away. It looks incredible.

Lord Evolution
Right now it's Halo 3 and GTA IV for me. Of course one will be played on the PS3 and the other Xbox 360.

Another I cant wait for is Dragonball BT2

AstroFan
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Right now it's Halo 3 and GTA IV for me. Of course one will be played on the PS3 and the other Xbox 360.

Why not both on 360? confused

You get the extra episodes off of XBL.

office jesus
Gears of War, Gears of War, Gears of War...uh...Did I mention I'm looking forward to Gears of War? Oh. And Star Trek Legacy gets an honorable mention from me.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by office jesus
Gears of War, Gears of War, Gears of War...uh...Did I mention I'm looking forward to Gears of War? Oh. And Star Trek Legacy gets an honorable mention from me.

did you see the new TV ad for Gears of War that has the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" playing? it's a good song, but somehow seemed out of place but cool at the same time

Kaled
There has been no confirmation on this.

rumors are thicker than ever plus theres than demo for ps3 video on youtube, i've been waiting for it since the ps2 lol

Leon s.kenedy
RESIDENT EVIL 5 !!!!!

AstroFan
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
did you see the new TV ad for Gears of War that has the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" playing? it's a good song, but somehow seemed out of place but cool at the same time

When I first saw it, i thought it was stupid, but its growing on me everytime it comes on. roll eyes (sarcastic)

office jesus

It fit, I thought. I think they were trying to go with the whole dramatic / cinematic experience thing.

Bicnarok

InnerRise
did you see the new TV ad for Gears of War that has the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" playing? it's a good song, but somehow seemed out of place but cool at the same time I was wondering what that song was called and who it was by.

Thanks. doped

I heard a few years ago at the end of a TV Show and it really stuck with me, but I soon after couldn't remember the song at all and couldn't remember how it went.

I could just almost get it back in my head, but I couldn't quite grasp how it went. I just knew it had a sad feeling to it.

So thanks. iTunes here I come.

§P0oONY
Deus Ex: Invisible War,
Halo 2.

Both huge disappointments.

dirkdirden

((The_Anomaly))
Its gotta be The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Its been a loooooong time coming (I was in grade 10 when TWW came out....where the hell did time go??? huh )

I'm so anticipating Zelda. More so then prolly anything else ever. Zelda is my favorite video game series by far, and this is looking to be the best installment since OoT, maybe....even better... yes

My top anticipated games currently are (in no order except Zelda being #1):

1. Zelda: TP (see above)

2. Metroid Prime 3 (just looks amazing, Metroid Prime was my favorite game of last generation, and with the Wiimote, MP3 will no doubt rock.)

3. Super Mario Galaxy (it also looks absolutely amazing, and common, its mario!)

4. Super Smash Bors. Brawl. (Pretty much speaks for itself.)

5. Superman Returns (FINALLY a Superman game that not only wont suck, but actually looks damn awesome, just wish I could get the 360 version. oh well...the Xbox version will have to do)

6. Metal Gear Solid 4 (which I wont be getting for a long long time, cause I'm not getting a PS3 anytime soon...)

Bardock42
Maybe Gothic 3...but I didn't even pick it up, yet..teh excitment kinda died down before it was released. Well, aybe also just my common sense kicking in...since I would certainly fail everything if I'd get it now.

J-Beowulf
Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 (in the present) and Gears of War. There have been no other games I would have killed for.

Spartan005
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 (in the present) and Gears of War. There have been no other games I would have killed for.

Sometimes I think you're my long lost twin brother.... confused

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Spartan005
Sometimes I think you're my long lost twin brother.... confused

Seriously. We share the exact same video game interests. Like, exactly the same.

Spartan005
Yeah it scares me shock

cut67
*grabs m16**colt**katana**gernades**ammo**ipod**water**fo
od* whos ready to go kill some zombies?

cut67
*puts on military gear

J-Beowulf
Me and my friend have a completely planned out plan for when the zombies come.

MadMel
loz TP, SSBB, red steel..and maybe COD3..
nuff said..
maybe battalion wars 2..that looks damn good..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.