Magneto vs Guardian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
The Master of Magnetism takes on Canada's flagbearer (literally) in a one-on-one

-Fight takes place on a deserted island
-Contestants start 30 feet apart
-Contestants start on the ground, with their sheilds down
-No PIS, etc

Who takes this?

King_Mungi
Been done, all comes down to who attacks first. With sheilds down does give Mac the advantage due to his computer mind and speed, but it still really only comes down who attacks first.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Been done, all comes down to who attacks first. With sheilds down does give Mac the advantage due to his computer mind and speed, but it still really only comes down who attacks first.

Aww...
sad

batdude123
Could go either way imo. erm

King_Mungi
They basically have the same power set, both can open worm holes and both have complete control over the E-M spectrum.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by batdude123
Could go either way imo. erm

I agree, as stated Mac is an "artifical Magneto"

batdude123
I agree, as stated Mac is an "artifical Magneto"

Yup.

Grimm22
With prep, Guardian would kick the living crap out of Mags

Heck, I would put Guardiain only behind Reed and Doom in terms of prep mastery.

Without prep

I would say Mags takes the majority

Grimm22
Question: Is Guardian still a cyborg or whatever? confused

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
With prep, Guardian would kick the living crap out of Mags

Heck, I would put Guardiain only behind Reed and Doom in terms of prep mastery.

Without prep

I would say Mags takes the majority

Magneto is a scientific genius as well.

And they don't have prep. They're =.

Validus
They basically have the same power set, both can open worm holes and both have complete control over the E-M spectrum.
Complete control?

Grimm22
Magneto is a scientific genius as well.

And they don't have prep. They're =.

Mags is a genius when it comes to his own powers because he is so obsessed with his goals of mutant supremacy he has focused his entire life on making himself more powerful

He isn't actually a scientist no expression

With prep, Mags might as well be making shadow puppets because Mac would destroy him

batdude123
Mags is a genius when it comes to his own powers because he is so obsessed with his goals of mutant supremacy he has focused his entire life on making himself more powerful

He isn't actually a scientist no expression

With prep, Mags might as well be making shadow puppets because Mac would destroy him

You're truly misinformed when it comes to Magneto. You know this right?

I don't think I've ever seen you post a statement about Magneto that was 100% accurate. EVER.

Grimm22

I don't think I've ever seen you post a statement about Magneto that was 100% accurate. EVER.

Maybe shifty

However, my magneto posts take the majority in accuracy big grin

batdude123
Maybe shifty

Not really.

"A mastermind, Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, create adult clones of human beings, and then manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators. He has created artificial living beings, space stations, and machines that nullify mutant powers within a radius of several miles."

Grimm22
Not really.

"A mastermind, Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, create adult clones of human beings, and then manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators. He has created artificial living beings, space stations, and machines that nullify mutant powers within a radius of several miles."

Wolverine giving people powers and creating artifical living beings (robots? although assuming it means humans) = pure crap

batdude123
Wolverine giving people powers and creating artifical living beings (robots? although assuming it means humans) = pure crap

True, it would be if it was Wolverine doing those things. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
Complete control?

Yep, Guardian was stated to have complete control in Alpha Flight and the recent handbook entry too

Maybe shifty

I don't know if anything it would be 50/50, but Guardian does have one thing over Magz is his speed...mentally and overall

Grimm22
True, it would be if it was Wolverine doing those things. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How the hell is Magneto going to give people powers?!? What the f**k?

That makes as much sense as saying Wolverine can survive an encounter with Galactus....oh wait.....stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Well Guardian gave people powers with his tech before as well. He created the uber Bedlam

Ooooooooh Canada! smile

batdude123
I don't know if anything it would be 50/50, but Guardian does have one thing over Magz is his speed...mentally and overall

Interesting. Magneto has shown to be able to fly at over mach 100.

Grimm22
Well Guardian gave people powers with his tech before as well

Ooooooooh Canada! smile

Well that's guardian no expression

He uses machines and stuff like that

I don't know if thats what Batdude is trying to say for Magneto or that he just somehow gives people powers

batdude123
How the hell is Magneto going to give people powers?!? What the f**k?

That makes as much sense as saying Wolverine can survive an encounter with Galactus....oh wait.....stick out tongue

He created a machine for it. He's a master geneticist beyond contemporary science.

batdude123
Well that's guardian no expression

He uses machines and stuff like that

I don't know if thats what Batdude is trying to say for Magneto or that he just somehow gives people powers

The f*ck? I don't know how you extrapolated that Magneto uses his powers to give others powers.

Grimm22
He created a machine for it. He's a master geneticist beyond contemporary science.

Well that certainly makes a lot more sense laughing

Still though Magneto creating artificial beings?!?

As in Mole Men type things or robots?

Grimm22
The f*ck? I don't know how you extrapolated that Magneto uses his powers to give others powers.

Well Mags > Galactus shifty

According to MasterBruce stick out tongue

batdude123
Well Mags > Galactus shifty

According to MasterBruce stick out tongue

Please don't bring that up. sad

King_Mungi
Interesting. Magneto has shown to be able to fly at over mach 100.

Guardian...light speed cool Still comes down to who attacks first, and their basically the same person sick

Well that certainly makes a lot more sense laughing

Still though Magneto creating artificial beings?!?

As in Mole Men type things or robots?

Mac's done all the above smile

batdude123
Guardian...light speed cool Still comes down to who attacks first, and their basically the same person sick

On panel? I thought you told me that he hadn't actually done that.

Anyway, their travel speeds wouldn't mean much to this fight. In the end, I see it as 5/10. Don't you agree?

King_Mungi
On panel? I thought you told me that he hadn't actually done that.

Anyway, their travel speeds wouldn't mean much to this fight. In the end, I see it as 5/10. Don't you agree?

Yep on panel, traveled faster than light threw him in the space time continium sending him 5 or so thousand years into the past.
-----

---------------------------------------------
Becoming a Cyborg
---------------------------------------------
Alpha Flight #90
Here is the history of Mac of what happened to him during Alpha Flight #12, when everyone thought he died. He became a cyborg that was meant to battle against Galactus, and shows his intelligence and skill probing into the computer network. Mac is also thousands of years old, I bet you guess didn't know that

1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AlphaFlight90-06.jpg
2. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AlphaFlight90-07.jpg
3. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AlphaFlight90-08.jpg
4. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AlphaFlight90-09.jpg
5. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AlphaFlight90-10.jpg

----
Yep, even said that a few times in this thread cool

King_Mungi
Question: Is Guardian still a cyborg or whatever? confused

Sorry didn't see this, yeah he should be even handbook mentions his computer mind. However, in Uncanny X-Men: Northstar ripped of his suit that left him powerless, but as a cyborg he was the suit. Basically the Canadian flag attire was just attire so removing that would do nothing. The rest of the story contradicted many things, such as Snowbird was in the united states.

Horrificus

Stan Lee once explained to the New York Times that Magneto is actually a very stupid man.
They described Magneto as the stupidest character ever created by Marvel.
It's actually quite funny.

SpunkySmurph
Sorry didn't see this, yeah he should be even handbook mentions his computer mind. However, in Uncanny X-Men: Northstar ripped of his suit that left him powerless, but as a cyborg he was the suit. Basically the Canadian flag attire was just attire so removing that would do nothing. The rest of the story contradicted many things, such as Snowbird was in the united states.

You confuse me.

So... what youre trying to say is that he doesnt need the suit to utilize his powers anymore?

ShoopDaWhoop
I saw scans of Magneto turning people into mutants, he mutated them under his power and without the aid of machines.

:/

King_Mungi
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You confuse me.

So... what youre trying to say is that he doesnt need the suit to utilize his powers anymore?

haha sorry, alright after he became a cyborg he didn't need the suit anymore as becoming a cyborg he could generate the E-M from himself. You physically couldn't remove his suit as the cybernetics peices that grant him his current powers are inside his body. Not from the Canadian flag attire he used to use to power him, which his wife used to wear as well. However, in Uncanny X-Men writer may had a brain-fart as cyborg Guardian has shown powerless when Northstar took the flag suit off, which goes against what was said and shown. As Mac has several apperaces wihout the Canadian flag attire manipulating the E-M spectrum just in his boxers.

So in short...no.

SpunkySmurph
haha sorry, alright after he became a cyborg he didn't need the suit anymore as becoming a cyborg he could generate the E-M from himself. You physically couldn't remove his suit as the cybernetics peices that grant him his current powers are inside his body. Not from the Canadian flag attire he used to use to power him, which his wife used to wear as well. However, in Uncanny X-Men writer may had a brain-fart as cyborg Guardian has shown powerless when Northstar took the flag suit off, which goes against what was said and shown. As Mac has several apperaces wihout the Canadian flag attire manipulating the E-M spectrum just in his boxers.

So in short...no.

Oh..

Makes sense then, I suppose. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, has he ever demonstrated similair uses of the powers to what Mags has?

bigbran
Guardian 6 or 7/10.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Oh..

Makes sense then, I suppose. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, has he ever demonstrated similair uses of the powers to what Mags has?

Like? both have strengths in different fields but overall same power. Mac's biggest feat for instance he took down Galactus who of course was weakened, but was still holding off: Windshear, Sesri, Quasar, Her, Box IV, Hercules, Vindicator II and there might have been more. However, they couldn't take Galactus out, but with one attack Guardian knocked him down smile He was actually rebuilt as a cyborg to battle Galactus

Guardian respect thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=422871&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.