the death of contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
which one of these characters do you think would make the bigger impact on comics not only to the world but also to their respective universes if they were killed off for good not comic book dead i mean grave yard dead never comeing back dead ever.

superman
spiderman
captain america
batman
wonderwoman

SpunkySmurph
Batman, honestly.

At one time it was Supes. Hands down. Not anymore though

bigbran
Originally posted by lando005
which one of these characters do you think would make the bigger impact on comics not only to the world but also to their respective universes if they were killed off for good not comic book dead i mean grave yard dead never comeing back dead ever.

superman
spiderman
captain america
batman
wonderwoman Elongated Man.

rotiart
I'd have to agree.... if you kill off superman now... everyone will just be waiting for him to come back to life..

DigiMark007
Monetarily, Spider-Man. He's a bigger percentage of Marvel's profits than either Bats or Supes is for DC, simply because both of those guys do so well (Wolverine is Marvel's #2 cash-guy, but he's further behind SM than Supes is behind Bats...and yes, Bats has a bigger market than Supes right now, though not by much).

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Monetarily, Spider-Man. He's a bigger percentage of Marvel's profits than either Bats or Supes is for DC, simply because both of those guys do so well (Wolverine is Marvel's #2 cash-guy, but he's further behind SM than Supes is behind Bats...and yes, Bats has a bigger market than Supes right now, though not by much).

I wuold have agreed with that actually, but im not so sure seeing how spiderman was recnetly "killed"

Literally, if it happened NOW
well

i duno

actually

Your right

on that list its either spiderman or captain america

strangely enough

thats not entirely far-fetched to speculate seeing how things are going in civil war right now (minus being permanantly dead, though)

DigiMark007
Meh, he was dead for half an issue in The Other. No one actually thought he was gone. That doesn't really count.

But yeah, Spidey would be the biggest blow to the checkbooks of Marvel. Cap would be an emotional loss, but really just a hiccup for Marvel as far as profits.

And hey, DC did just kill off Superman. Earth-2 Supes (Pre-crisis) just died in Infinite Crisis. That's decades worth of showings, and he was obviously the original.

rotiart
For marvel its spiderman, for DC its superman... why???

spiderman is in civil war, avengers spectacular spiderman, friendly neighborhood spiderman, ... etc etc.. like 6 or 7 comics...

superman is in action comics, jla, all star, superman,... hes like in 5-7 comics also...

if you permanently removed either character.. you're dropping 5-7 books that sell well regularly... thats like mcdonalds dropping the big mac.

wtf are you nuts!

DigiMark007
At one point a few years ago Batman actually had more comic appearences than Supes that year. It may have changed, but they're both very close. No one's close to Spidey's exposure in Marvel (even Logan's a distant #2) but Bats and Supes are roughly equal.

ExtraMision5555

But yeah, Spidey would be the biggest blow to the checkbooks of Marvel.

And hey, DC did just kill off Superman. Earth-2 Supes (Pre-crisis) just died in Infinite Crisis. That's decades worth of showings, and he was obviously the original.

Thats deifnately true, funny cuz i was just reading comics today at walden and i didnt even realize how many spiderman comics there were. So actually yeah, in addition to sadness, thier would be a rather large dent in marvels pocket

and superman died in infinite chrisis? pc rather

i didnt even know infinite chrisis was still going
is it good?

DigiMark007
It's been over for a while. But the old Superman (the one that went to "heaven" with Alexander Luthor in the original crisis) died for good this time.

ExtraMision5555
It's been over for a while. But the old Superman (the one that went to "heaven" with Alexander Luthor in the original crisis) died for good this time.

OOOo okay
yeah i saw it at the bookstore today too
intimidateing read
extremely long book

Tha C-Master
Well Spiderman is considered the most popular comic character. I'm sure the name "Superman" is more known (since it's like a word in the dictionary, how can you *not* know who he is*), he represents the old age of comics and they aren't going in that direction anymore.

lando005
i think over all it would be out of spider-man and superman

lando005
how do u think the dc universe and the marvel universe would respond?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.