Classic Juggernaut versus Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
no BFR

can Juggy beat Thanos?

bigbran
Juggy gets wrecked.

thedude1948
Originally posted by masterbruce
can Juggy beat Thanos? No

Apolloknight
Originally posted by thedude1948
No

No, juggy gets wrecked.

KillAll
i believe juggernaut would win if lets say... eternity teleported both simultaneously and without warning into a football sized adamantium cage with nothing between them except the atmosphere...

but aside fromt his ONE occasion thats not likely to happen, please read above post.

h1a8
Stalemate
Thanos can't hurt Juggs
And Juggs is too slow to hit Thanos

juggernaut66666
Although Juggs is totally indestructible and stuff like that I can't see him wining

Sam Z
Stalemate.

outarddwarf
Juggernaut loses. Thanos "can project a psionic blast of energy" as one of his powers so Juggernaut, as powerful physical combattant he is, would totally get owned by the mad Titan.

Wally West
Probably be a similar fight to Thanos and Thor with the power gem & warrior madness, and like that fight would end when Thanos got bored and he'd pull out some plot device for the win.

golem370
Thanos fought Thor with the Power Gem so I say it pretty safe to say he is stronger faster as durable and a better fighter plus he would just mind rape Juggs and make him a herald like he did Fallen One

Galan777
Originally posted by bigbran
Juggy gets wrecked. What can Thanos really do to Classic Juggs that would harm him in any way?

Rewmac
As long as his helmet is on he psionic energy won't work. Altough he won't win. But he is still totally indistructible.

golem370
Unless Juggernaut has this force field on the whole fight Thanos could easily remove it.

Galan777
Originally posted by golem370
Unless Juggernaut has this force field on the whole fight Thanos could easily remove it. But why wouldn't Juggs have his FF up?

golem370
He didn't against Thor or Hulk or Colossus or Thing while they were fighting only when Thor used God Force did he use the force field. Thanos might be able to use magic against Juggernaut

Galan777
He didn't against Thor or Hulk or Colossus or Thing while they were fighting only when Thor used God Force did he use the force field. Thanos might be able to use magic against Juggernaut Thor's full God Blast didn't even phase Juggs /w/ his FF up......... I doubt Thanos could do much at all that would harm Juggs.......

IMO the only way Thanos might beats Juggs is if he removed Juggs' helmet, but this would be impossible with his FF up.

golem370
Thanos has alot of tricks like matter manipulation energy manipulation teleportation force fields access to powerful tech telepathic powers god-like strength and is ether has Godlike durability or totally indestructible durability and a Super Genius even with Juggs force field up I still give it to Thanos 6/10 times without force field 10/10 easily.

Thanos's powers and abilities- http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/powers.html

golem370
It didn't hurt him but It did move him back I think

Horrificus
I want to start out by saying I am sorry to all you guys wearing "Thanos Underwear". Because, I will argue this with my last breath.
Thanos cannot win!

either a stalemate, because Thanos is not exactly the type to just sit there and take chances of getting hurt after he realizes he cannot hurt Juggernaut,
or
Juggernaut would beat him D F Down!
Juggernaut is a mystical being, believe it or not.
Thanos does not have a lot of showings against magical beings.
No head game stuff here. Thanos would not get near enough to get the helmet off. It has traditionally taken quick, sneaky, fast little guys to get in there, and get the helmet off. That is not Thanos' style.
And, Thor has had better showings against Thanos than he has against Juggs.
All Thanos has is BFR stuff for this.

Tshern
Originally posted by outarddwarf
Juggernaut loses. Thanos "can project a psionic blast of energy" as one of his powers so Juggernaut, as powerful physical combattant he is, would totally get owned by the mad Titan.

The helmet?

Edit: And no, Thanos won't remove if the forcefield is on.

golem370
Originally posted by Horrificus
I want to start out by saying I am sorry to all you guys wearing "Thanos Underwear". Because, I will argue this with my last breath.
Thanos cannot win!

either a stalemate, because Thanos is not exactly the type to just sit there and take chances of getting hurt after he realizes he cannot hurt Juggernaut,
or
Juggernaut would beat him D F Down!
Juggernaut is a mystical being, believe it or not.
Thanos does not have a lot of showings against magical beings.
And, Thor has had better showings against Thanos than he has against Juggs.
All Thanos has is BFR stuff for this.

I suggest you read the Bio I posted before you wrote this info sick

Galan777
It didn't hurt him but It did move him back I think Nope, Thor's full God Blast did NOTHING to Juggs, it didnt even move him back:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/invulnerable.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/jj3.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vs_ThorIIa.jpg

golem370
That's not the whole scar of Thor hitting Juggernaut with the godforce your missing the last part as Juggernaut fall through the ground.

Tshern
Originally posted by Galan777
Nope, Thor's full God Blast did NOTHING to Juggs, it didnt even move him back:

It moved Juggernaut back, you just don't have the whole story there. Please, do some research before claiming something like that.

Galan777
even if it did move Juggs back, it obviously did no long term harm to him...

golem370
When Thor tryed to throw the hammer at Thanos it didn't even return back to him.

Horrificus
When Thor tryed to throw the hammer at Thanos it didn't even return back to him. Juggs has done the same.

Juggs force field slowed the hammer to a stop, Juggs grabbed the thong, and rode it back to Thor's face.

Yay Juggs.

To those of you that don't think Juggs can take this, I have one word...

SILENCE!!

Galan777
My main argument is what can Thanos do to Juggs that would harm him in any way, short of removing his helmet? (which we know would be impossible if Juggs was using his FF)

Tshern
Nope, Thor's full God Blast did NOTHING to Juggs, it didnt even move him back:

Post the whole scan. Juggernaut is even amazed by the fact that Thor managed to push him backwards.

golem370
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Abyss4_1.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thanos5_2.jpg

If Thanos can survive a Black Hole he could withstand anything Juggs could do
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/history52.jpg

And If Thanos can do this to Galactus then well Juggs imo is in trouble
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thThanos-05-Entry-0405.jpg

Galan777
And If Thanos can do this to Galactus then well Juggs imo is in trouble
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thThanos-05-Entry-0405.jpg C'mon, lets not say that Thanos had the edge when he fought Galactus, I can post that whole series of scans if I need to...

Kid Kurdy
My main argument is what can Thanos do to Juggs that would harm him in any way, short of removing his helmet? (which we know would be impossible if Juggs was using his FF)
I am thinking the same thing. They are probably equally strong, and though Juggernaut isn't the smartest, he isn't that dumb either.

Stalemate. Plain and simple.

Horrificus
Plus, a lot of people don't know it, but Thanos cries a lot.
It's true.

Galan777
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Stalemate. Plain and simple. I agree thumb up

Horrificus
If Juggernaut ever learns to use his power the way Stevie did, he will instantly become one of the most powerful beings in the entire Marvel Universe.
Creation, energy manipulation, direction of Cyttorak power... would be just too crazy combined with his current powers.

golem370
Thor used God Force on Juggernaut but Thanos fought Odin now how do you think Juggs would do against him. Also I hate to be the one to tell deniers but Thanos is immune are close immune to physical harm as well

POWERS/WEAPONS

Near-godlike strength, endurance, reflexes and agility
Resistance to virtually all forms of injury
Psionic blasts
Cosmic-energy projection

Galan777
Also I hate to be the one to tell deniers but Thanos is immune are close immune to physical harm as well

POWERS/WEAPONS

Psionic blasts
Cosmic-energy projection This is why its a Stalemate my friend...

golem370
Spider-Man beat Juggernaut by tricking him If he can do it Thanos can to. Galan can you find a scan for me if possible?

Galan777
Spider-Man beat Juggernaut by tricking him If he can do it Thanos can to.Unless Thanos could trick Juggs into not using his FF, then it really dosen't matter here, becuase Thanos really can't harm Juggs in any way....

Galan can you find a scan for me if possible? I can try

Horrificus
Thor used God Force on Juggernaut but Thanos fought Odin now how do you think Juggs would do against him. Also I hate to be the one to tell deniers but Thanos is immune are close immune to physical harm as well

POWERS/WEAPONS

Psionic blasts
Cosmic-energy projection

That's where I agree. Physical strength is not what will beat Juggs.
Even if he is stronger, it doesn't matter.

golem370
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thanos003pic1.gif the one after this one

Tshern
Spider-Man beat Juggernaut by tricking him If he can do it Thanos can to. Galan can you find a scan for me if possible?
It was plain PIS, get over with it. Juggernaut doesn't need years to dig himself up from a damn pit.

Galan777
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thanos003pic1.gif the one after this one I dont even know what comic thats from (which would help immensly)

Because Thanos and Big G have appeared several times together...

golem370
It in this book after that big pic above me

Wally West
Its Thanos #3 I think, the next page is just the two of them chatting...

Galan777
Originally posted by Wally West
Its Thanos #3 I think, the next page is just the two of them chatting... Thats what I was just going to say

golem370
Yeah I believe he was using powerful magic in that scan

Wally West
No it was a telepathic encounter with Moondragon helping Thanos. Nothing magical there.

golem370
But he said to Galactus I have arcane powers and he offered it to Galactus and also overwhelmed him. I believe it was magice

Wally West
I own the comic and I'm 99.9% certain theres nothing magic related going on there, its all telepathy.

Kutulu
Thanos wins this easily.

How, you may ask? Easy: Blast off Jugg's helmet with cosmic energy or just out-maneuver him and rip it off with brute strength, then perform a psionic blast straight into Juggernaut's brain and turn him into an indestructable vegetable.

For Thanos, a simple task.

Wally West
Question for the Juggernaut fans, has anyone ever tried matter manipulation powers against him and if so, what were the results.

Galan777
Originally posted by Kutulu
Thanos wins this easily.

How, you may ask? Easy: Blast off Jugg's helmet with cosmic energy or just out-maneuver him and rip it off with brute strength, then perform a psionic blast straight into Juggernaut's brain and turn him into an indestructable vegetable.

For Thanos, a simple task. If Juggs had his FF up, then Thanos would not be able to do that wink

golem370
I own it to I believe it's magic.

trademark
Thanos would kick Juggernauts face in

Wally West
I own it to I believe it's magic.
But why? When Galactus overcomes Thanos in that scene Moondragon states it was a telepathy...

Mrrungo Mu
Originally posted by trademark
Thanos would kick Juggernauts face in

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Horrificus
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thanos003pic1.gif the one after this one

I think what was being said there is:

Galactus: Wow! You look great! How much weight have you lost?!

Thanos: It's about time you noticed! I dieted ALL summer, so I could
get into my sexy, old spandex bodysuit!

Galactus: C'mon baby, gimme' some sugar!

Galan777
Originally posted by trademark
Thanos would kick Juggernauts face in hysterical2

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Wally West
Question for the Juggernaut fans, has anyone ever tried matter manipulation powers against him and if so, what were the results.

great question - what sort of resistance to Matter Transfiguration does Juggernaut have?

I believe it was in a SS arc - Thanos fought a doppleganger of himself that was just as powerful as he was, and turned it into a butterfly and ate it.

It was an impressive feat - if someone knows what I'm talking about and has a scan, that'd be great! Anyways, does Cytorrak's power prevent Juggs from being elminated in this manner?

KillAll
Thanos fought Thor with the Power Gem so I say it pretty safe to say he is stronger faster as durable and a better fighter plus he would just mind rape Juggs and make him a herald like he did Fallen One

thor has also fought thanos with the power gem...

thor was winning until thanos tapped into more power and turned thor into glass. but physically he was standing up to him. i think he even did it twice during the infinity gauntlet.

Horrificus
Originally posted by boriquaking55
great question - what sort of resistance to Matter Transfiguration does Juggernaut have?

I believe it was in a SS arc - Thanos fought a doppleganger of himself that was just as powerful as he was, and turned it into a butterfly and ate it.

It was an impressive feat - if someone knows what I'm talking about and has a scan, that'd be great! Anyways, does Cytorrak's power prevent Juggs from being elminated in this manner?

If Dr. Strange couldn't do it, Thanos sure can't do it.

heru
Thanos takes this easy

h1a8
He didn't against Thor or Hulk or Colossus or Thing while they were fighting only when Thor used God Force did he use the force field. Thanos might be able to use magic against Juggernaut

This is not a comic fight but a forum one. Thus he will have hiss FF up.

h1a8
Originally posted by heru
Thanos takes this easy

How? When Juggs is invincible.

Stalemate all the way. End of discussion.

hulkrulz
thanos is way stronger than thor though way stronger. Thanos wouls toy with Juggy

bigbran
What can Thanos really do to Classic Juggs that would harm him in any way? Maybe its his phsycic powers that will make him win.

And come on people, Juggernaut has had his helmet ripped off in almost every fight he has ever been in. How the hell is Thanos not going to be able to take it off?

thanospimphand
C'mon, lets not say that Thanos had the edge when he fought Galactus, I can post that whole series of scans if I need to...

o come on ur sayin that if thanos his juggs with that sort of blasts he wouldn't be fazed

Horrificus
because we are saying that Juggy has his shield up

bigbran
Originally posted by Horrificus
because we are saying that Juggy has his shield up Umm, can you give two examples of how strong his shields are?
I remember one where it slowed Thor's hammer down, and it still tinged him, therefore it broke through his shields.

KillAll
when juggernaut turned on his shield the hammer stopped before it touched him.

however... juggernaut doesnt raise his shield often. the hammer still "tings" off his BODY not his forcefield...

bigbran
Originally posted by KillAll
when juggernaut turned on his shield the hammer stopped before it touched him.

however... juggernaut doesnt raise his shield often. the hammer still "tings" off his BODY not his forcefield... Nope, the hammer "toonk" him.

thedude1948
To the people who are saying that Thanos can't hurt Classic Juggernaut. If Thanos cant hurt him who is the weakest person in Marvel that can?

h1a8
Originally posted by thedude1948
To the people who are saying that Thanos can't hurt Classic Juggernaut. If Thanos cant hurt him who is the weakest person in Marvel that can?

Strange, Hulk (if get angry enough he can overcome his enchantment), and HP Doomsday (can evolve in battle to either counter Juggs shield or become strong enough to penetrate through it and him). Them are the only three I could think of now.

outarddwarf
Some examples of juggernauts sheilds during fights with Thor, a person that he does bother to use it with.
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/9364/sheildex1cd8.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5620/sheildex2vb5.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2548/sheildex3fx7.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1038/sheildex4zf4.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3936/sheildex5ax0.jpg

Horrificus
Originally posted by bigbran
Nope, the hammer "toonk" him.

That would be a big "negative' there BB.

I have analyzed the panel scan with a team of highly trained scientists, and the hammer never touches Juggs.
Have a closer look.
If Juggs can keep Thor's hammer from hitting him at all, it WILL work against Thanos.

Priest
thor has also fought thanos with the power gem...

thor was winning until thanos tapped into more power and turned thor into glass. but physically he was standing up to him. i think he even did it twice during the infinity gauntlet.
i think ur mixed up, thanos turned thor into glass in the IG saga..
Thor with power gem fighing thanos was in another book.

coffeeguy
thanos 7/10! juggs durability will be the titans biggest headache. there are hardly any absolutes in the mu. saying that juggs ff leads to an automatic stalemate is questionable at best. im not saying itll be a walk in the park. BUT, if theres a way to do it, thanos has the means or the capacity to aquire the means to do so.

Horrificus
Originally posted by coffeeguy
thanos 7/10! juggs durability will be the titans biggest headache. there are hardly any absolutes in the mu. saying that juggs ff leads to an automatic stalemate is questionable at best. im not saying itll be a walk in the park. BUT, if theres a way to do it, thanos has the means or the capacity to aquire the means to do so.

Sure he can. But, that would be with prep.

KillAll
Originally posted by Priest
i think ur mixed up, thanos turned thor into glass in the IG saga..
Thor with power gem fighing thanos was in another book.

i think YOU are confused. i said thor fought thanos twice in the infinity gauntlet series. thor also was winning twice physically, until thanos TURNED HIM TO GLASS. re-read my post.

thanos ALSO had the power gem turned on but the others turned off. thor fought and won against thanos (for a short time until thanos used other means to eliminate him) when thanos had the POWER GEM.

Wally West
i think YOU are confused. i said thor fought thanos twice in the infinity gauntlet series. thor also was winning twice physically, until thanos TURNED HIM TO GLASS. re-read my post.

thanos ALSO had the power gem turned on but the others turned off. thor fought and won against thanos (for a short time until thanos used other means to eliminate him) when thanos had the POWER GEM.
Thanos was also busy fighting 10+ other heroes at the same time as Thor remember, when Thor knocked him down Spider-Man gave him the chance to blindside Thanos (and the other time he managed to knock Thanos down but that doesn't equal a victory, Thanos was still aware enough to blast Doom away and got up straight after). Thanos also casually flung Thor aside during that fight into space and he nearly died after returning to human form, its not like Thor got the better of Thanos everytime there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.