Wookies = Bums?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Scythe
But seriously, think about this.

They stood by the Old Republic, jumped back in the New Republic as soon as it was founded but we never hear about them in serving the N.R. armed forces in any capacity really. Sure, they raided the Maw to free some slaves but that was because they were fellow Wookies. They had the like the Mon Cals had some of the most reason to dislike the Empire(and it's subsequent remnants) and contribute their own material to the was efforts. I mean they were known as fearsome warriors, reliable mechanics, and had a sufficient technology but we hear more about species like the punk ass Bothans doing way more on the galactic scale.

Other than guarding Leia against the Noghri, the Maw raid, and having Kashyyyk serve as the rendevouz for the Ralroost I haven't seen any major events taking place with Wookiee's aiding anything post-Old Republic. I think I'm just disappointed because I want to see them more in action. I mean, you saw the size of Wooks in ROTS. Those guys were freakin' HUGE compared to Chewie. I wish we could read more of them having a prominent role in battles a la: ripping stormtroopers arms off, serving as a heavy infantry in the field to supplement humans, squadrons of fighters, gunships or bombers based Wookiee technology assaulting Star Destroyers.

So in jest, it's not like they're bums really. I just think the EU authors under utilized them and can't think past the concept of human soldiers, Mon Cal cruisers, and Bothan spies.

sad

Council#13
If you read that Darth Vader book, you'd find out that not just a few Wookies were enslaved, but most of their population. It would have been difficult for a handful of Wookies to help free their people and fight for the Rebel Alliance.

Captain REX
Plus, they may be fearsome warriors, but I don't think they really wanted to be in wars beyond Kashyyyk...

Brotz
There were some Wookiees in the New Republic Armed Forces, but a small minority. Also, the Wookiees fought both the Nagai and Moff Darcc's forces after the Battle of Endor. They then took the fight to the Imperials on Kessel. The Wookiees aren't bums, they just have a small population and had no real reason to fight the Empire beyond Kashyyyk. They would have just got in the way. The Wookiees only knew warfare on their own worlds, and they needed time to rebuild their cities, they couldn't start building military transports and send their warriors out to fight when it wasn't necessary.

yettoh
i dont think there a warlike species i thgink they just want to live peacefuly on kashykk

and they only saved the wookie population to help get back all there families-just my opinian

Lord Coal
Would you want to try giving orders to a Wookiee anyway?

Sesse
Wookie Jedi would be hilarious.

GROAAAA GRAAAWWRR!! {Who are you?}

Yrrrrrrrwh yngh yarrrr! Wrrryyyyygh! {Hi!}

Yrrrrrrrwh ynghYrrrrrrrwh yngh yarrrr! Wrrryyyyygh! Yrrrrrrrwh yngh yarrrr! Wrrryyyyygh!yarrrr!Yrrrrrrrwh yngh yarrrr! Wrrryyyyygh!Yrrrrrrrwh yngh yarrrr! Wrrryyyyygh! Wrrryyyyygh! {You dont want to sell me deathsticks}

Dessel
Lowbacca much?

Lord Coal
Wasn't Lowbacca Chewie's nephew (Or something) who got trained at Luke's academy? (Or something along those lines)

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Lord Coal
Wasn't Lowbacca Chewie's nephew (Or something) who got trained at Luke's academy? (Or something along those lines)

Yeah but he was a wuss and got sucked into a Killik hive mind?

Gangsta? I think not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.