All-Star Superman Runs the Gauntlet (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan777
Which of the following characters would be able to out power All-Star Superman, who was able to easily push against 200 quintillion tons of force, with one arm no less......... This will be a fight of sheer brute strength alone, NO ability or weapon other then pure strength will play a factor in this battle, and CANNOT be used...

All-Star Superman:
http://www.zonanegativa.com/imagen/1107.jpg

THE OPPONENTS ARE:

1. Classic Juggernaut
2. Gladiator (full-confidence)
3. Hercules
4. Thor /w/ Strength Belt
5. Asgardian Destroyer
6. Kurse
7. Mindless Hulk
8. PC Superboy
9. Champion /w/ Power Gem

Fight takes place on a neutral planet, bloodlust is on, no PIS/CIS.

How far does does All-Star Superman get?

Galan777
anyone?

Galan777
*cough*bump*cough*

harri
he goes to kurse

I watch Pokemon

juggernaut66666
READ THIS!!!
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5354/1cp5.th.jpg

masterbruce
what's a quintillion? how many zeros?

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by masterbruce
what's a quintillion? how many zeros?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_large_numbers

masterbruce
quintillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Was that cannon?

This would mean superman can lift the earth like a ping pong ball

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by masterbruce
quintillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Was that cannon?

This would mean superman can lift the earth like a ping pong ball
That is only 1 quintillion and he was pushing against 200 quintillions Btw he effortlessly lifted a key which weighed 500,000 tons

Board Walker
All star superman is also immune to the cliche superman weaknesses a well.

masterbruce
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
That is only 1 quintillion and he was pushing against 200 quintillions Btw he effortlessly lifted a key which weighed 500,000 tons

if he could lift 200 quintillion tons, then 500,000 tons would be like a speck of dust.

Dinalfos
Het gets to Champion without effort. The rest sort of depends on Champion's jobbering.

Sub_Mariner
Is Full Confidence Glads just a myth like FP Galactus?

I mean Full Confidence would be he could beat TOAA or something.

Sorry, don't read much Glads.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Is Full Confidence Glads just a myth like FP Galactus?

I mean Full Confidence would be he could beat TOAA or something.

Sorry, don't read much Glads.
Glads pwned a guy with Phoenix Force in Uncanny X-men 479.

boriquaking55
SO essentially All-star superman is pre-crisis?

Gets to Asgardian Destroyer - if it's animated by a being like Thor or Odin - the destroyer takes him down.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Glads pwned a guy with Phoenix Force in Uncanny X-men 479.

I saw that scan.

But with enough confidence couldn't he own most of Marvel?

Kutulu
He's not going to make it past PC Superboy. PC Superboy hurled a neutron star light years away. A neutron star's gravitational force would be 10 to the 11th times that of earth, and it's mass averages 1.4 times that of our sun.

For reference, our sun weighs 1.99 x 10 to the 30th kg. That's 1.99 x 10 to the 27th in metric tons, so the neutron star would be approximately 2.78 octillion metric tons.

A quintillion is 10 to the 18th, so merely moving a neutron star would have been a billion times heavier than the weight that all-star superman lifted, and to be able to hurdle it through space literally hundreds of light years away would require an exponentially greater amount of strength.

To top it off, Superboy was able to tow a string of planets through space with almost no effort, which would be hundreds times the mass of the earth.

Galan777
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
I saw that scan.

But with enough confidence couldn't he own most of Marvel? In theory, you would think so

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by Galan777
In theory, you would think so

erm

He should be able to beat most people, but is it only his strength that increases?

If so he may not be able to hurt invulnerable people.

He should be able to pwn EVERYONE but he seems to loose confidence.

Galan777
erm

He should be able to beat most people, but is it only his strength that increases?

He should be able to pwn EVERYONE but he seems to loose confidence. well when he beat Vulcan he was untouchable from even energy attacks to

MattDay
pc superboy is a young pc superman... so might as well just call him pc superman

Galan777
??

kgkg
erm

He should be able to pwn EVERYONE but he seems to loose confidence. speed , stregth etc all go to infinite levels

Galan777
Originally posted by kgkg
speed , stregth etc all go to infinite levels but we don't know that for sure........ Glads just jobbs most of the time.

kgkg
but we don't know that for sure........ Glads just jobbs most of the time. Reed was doing the test........ he notice that all his powers increased as his confident increased smile

Ichigo66666
Reed was doing the test........ he notice that all his powers increased as his confident increased smile

Thanks a million KG!! I owe you one! You to Galan! wink

So by Theory a non jobbing full confidence Glads is out of most peoples league.

Galan777
Reed was doing the test........ he notice that all his powers increased as his confident increased smile Right, but do we know for sure that his powers are truly infinite?

I mean Glads seemed very confident when he got the shit beat out of him by Tyrant.

kgkg
Right, but do we know for sure that his powers are truly infinite?

I mean Glads seemed very confident when he got the shit beat out of him by Tyrant. thats the thing tho.

you can never be full confident lol

it's kinda like hulk's rage(streght increase)

But he has no limit to anyof his power say speed , streght.

but oboisly gladiator will not beat Tyrant who is himself can channel limitless power.

Odin also claimed to have infite power source.

i guess Those higher skyfater and up can asses that power at will.

Gladiator will need to be at his best. even then

you still have infinite vs infinite.

kinda like cosmic cube vs Celestial

Cosmic Cube infinity < Celestial Infinity.

Galan777
thats the thing tho.

you can never be full confident lol

it's kinda like hulk's rage(streght increase)

But he has no limit to anyof his power say speed , streght.

but oboisly gladiator will not beat Tyrant who is himself can channel limitless power.

Odin also claimed to have infite power source.

i guess Those higher skyfater and up can asses that power at will.

Gladiator will need to be at his best. even then

you still have infinite vs infinite.

kinda like cosmic cube vs Celestial

Cosmic Cube infinity < Celestial Infinity. I agree, i guess the "full-confidence" issue was something that KMC manifested, because now that i think about it........ Glads being fully confident has never actually been mentioned in an actual comic...

Fanboy
I noticed in that picture that it said they couldn't find a limit to his strength.

Galan777
what picture?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Kutulu
He's not going to make it past PC Superboy. PC Superboy hurled a neutron star light years away. A neutron star's gravitational force would be 10 to the 11th times that of earth, and it's mass averages 1.4 times that of our sun.

For reference, our sun weighs 1.99 x 10 to the 30th kg. That's 1.99 x 10 to the 27th in metric tons, so the neutron star would be approximately 2.78 octillion metric tons.

A quintillion is 10 to the 18th, so merely moving a neutron star would have been a billion times heavier than the weight that all-star superman lifted, and to be able to hurdle it through space literally hundreds of light years away would require an exponentially greater amount of strength.

To top it off, Superboy was able to tow a string of planets through space with almost no effort, which would be hundreds times the mass of the earth.

Bingo.

Fanboy
what picture?

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1cp5.jpg

MattDay
I bet all star superman could lift weights that are around duotrigintillion tons

Galan777

Sorry but this is very wrong........

You are right in all of your equations, except you are not taking into account that Superman didn't just lift 1 Quintillion tons, he lifted 200 Quintillion tons (with 1 arm none the less). It was also stated that when he lifted this weight, they still had not found an upper limit to his strength.

Lets not be so quick as to say that PC Superboy is stronger then All-Star Supes is wink

Madvillain
Theoretically, the limits to Champion w/ power gem and Mindless Hulk are unkown also.

LordFear
how strong are they gonna make Supe?
I mean lifting a quintillywhatever tons, c'mon now!!!
This is a bit much. THE GUY IS A ALIEN NOT GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!

Howard_Jones
He uses Super-weaving to pick up the win.

Galan777
Originally posted by LordFear
how strong are they gonna make Supe?
I mean lifting a quintillywhatever tons, c'mon now!!!
This is a bit much. THE GUY IS A ALIEN NOT GOD ALMIGHTY!!!! 200 quintillion tons (with one arm) is the ammount he actually lifted wink

Validus
AS Superman is on the level of the Golden Age Superman. He's likely a planet mover and could probably one shot a planet if he felt like it.

That said, PC Superboy would break his arms off.

Kutulu
Sorry but this is very wrong........

You are right in all of your equations, except you are not taking into account that Superman didn't just lift 1 Quintillion tons, he lifted 200 Quintillion tons (with 1 arm none the less). It was also stated that when he lifted this weight, they still had not found an upper limit to his strength.

Lets not be so quick as to say that PC Superboy is stronger then All-Star Supes is wink

Yeah but All Star Supes didn't hurl the weight through space, hundreds of light years away! Lifting that much weight is one thing, but hurling it literally light years just by tossing it like a baseball (superboy didn't show any sign of strain whatsoever) is another.

PC Superboy would rip him apart!

Galan777
Yeah but All Star Supes didn't hurl the weight through space, hundreds of light years away! Lifting that much weight is one thing, but hurling it literally light years just by tossing it like a baseball (superboy didn't show any sign of strain whatsoever) is another.

PC Superboy would rip him apart! lol, you thought he only lifted 1 quintillion tons....... but yet when i told you that he lifted 200 times that ammount (with one arm) Superboy still "rips him apart"?

Validus
Superboy really does rip him apart though.

Kutulu
lol, you thought he only lifted 1 quintillion tons....... but yet when i told you that he lifted 200 times that ammount (with one arm) Superboy still "rips him apart"?

All-star Superman says "Nn" like he's slightly straining when he's lifting the weight. 200 Quintillion tons is still far far less than 2.78 octillion tons.

Galan777
Originally posted by Validus
Superboy really does rip him apart though. maybe, maybe not........ I just thought that it was funny how "kutulu" didn't acknowledge the fact that supes effortlessly lifted 200x the ammount he first thought Supes lifted.

Galan777
All-star Superman says "Nn" like he's slightly straining when he's lifting the weight. 200 Quintillion tons is still far far less than 2.78 octillion tons. Dude, supes was lifting that with 1 arm, and they said they hadn't even found an upper limit.

Kutulu
maybe, maybe not........ I just thought that it was funny how "kutulu" didn't acknowledge the fact that supes effortlessly lifted 200x the ammount he first thought Supes lifted.

200 times one billionth is still one ten millionth of the strength that PC Superboy exhibited, and PC Superboy didn't go "nn" like he was pushing it, he just effortless tossed it away like a baseball.

One ten millionth, versus one billionth the strength level shown by superboy (and not an upper limit either, just an example feat), is still way less strong. If you were ten million times stronger than an ant versus one billion times stronger, would it make much difference? Nope, the ant would still be squashed beneath your shoe.

Galan777
200 times one billionth is still one ten millionth of the strength that PC Superboy exhibited, and PC Superboy didn't go "nn" like he was pushing it, he just effortless tossed it away like a baseball. Dude again, Supes did that with 1 hand, it wasn't even close to his limit, and he wasnt angry.

Im not saying that he can or can't beat PC Superboy, but give him credit where credit is due

Kutulu
Dude again, Supes did that with 1 hand, it wasn't even close to his limit, and he wasnt angry.

Im not saying that he can or can't beat PC Superboy, but give him credit where credit is due

I already gave him credit - I said that he showed a feat that was one millionth of what superboy did - also with one hand. Only AS Superman didn't hurl it lightyears away, he just held it up - big big difference there, which you failed to acknowledge.

Take a 25 pound weight, lift it above your head, piece of cake right? Now take that same weight and try and throw it as far as you can like a shotput, and all of a sudden it seems a lot heavier.

Now take that example, only extend it to an object heavier than our sun in our solar system and hurl it light years.

Can you even imagine the amount of force necessary for that?

If that was PC Superboy trying to move that weight he wouldnt' have said "nn", he would have just moved it and the whole planet would have probably got moved with it. PC Superboy was able to hurl a string of planets light years through space, he was able to re-arrange solar systems with his bare hands! AS Superman didn't have his full strength shown, but he never showed any feats anywhere close to that level!

Kutulu
Look at this scan. Superboy is hurling a chain of planets, through outer space, from one galaxy to another. That is literally hundreds of millions of light years. Does he say "Nn" or show any signs of stress?

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5933/superboytowingplanets1400026uv.jpg

Galan777
Look at this scan. Superboy is hurling a chain of planets, through outer space, from one galaxy to another. That is literally hundreds of millions of light years. Does he say "Nn" or show any signs of stress?

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5933/superboytowingplanets1400026uv.jpg ummm i didnt see the part where he hurled those planets through space.

Kutulu
ummm i didnt see the part where he hurled those planets through space.

I never said he hurled the planets through space, the thing that he hurdled was a friggin neutron star!

I was showing the scan of the planets so that you could look at his face and tell me where he showed even the slightest sign of strain, because to me I can't see it. He barely looks like he's even trying, and he's carrying a chain of planets from one galaxy to another.

I will try and dig up a scan of the neutron star event. Basically his dog gets his dog collar caught on something while he's travelling through space, and superboy realizes it's a neutron star. So he attaches the dog collar to it and just tosses it like a baseball.

Galan777
I never said he hurled the planets through space, the thing that he hurdled was a friggin neutron star!

I was showing the scan of the planets so that you could look at his face and tell me where he showed even the slightest sign of strain, because to me I can't see it. He barely looks like he's even trying, and he's carrying a chain of planets from one galaxy to another.

I will try and dig up a scan of the neutron star event. Basically his dog gets his dog collar caught on something while he's travelling through space, and superboy realizes it's a neutron star. So he attaches the dog collar to it and just tosses it like a baseball. Like i said, Im not saying Supes can or can't beat Superboy, but just as long as you understand that Superman lifted 200 quintillion tons with 1 arm (which wasn't even his upper limit).

if he was using both arms and fully tapping into his strength, i think its safe to say that he would lift much more.

Kutulu
Like i said, Im not saying Supes can or can't beat Superboy, but just as long as you understand that Superman lifted 200 quintillion tons with 1 arm (which wasn't even his upper limit).

if he was using both arms and fully tapping into his strength, i think its safe to say that he would lift much more.

I have already stated several times, that I know it was 200 quintillion tons with one arm, and have since stated that it was still only one ten millionth of the amount that PC Superboy lifted, also with one arm, and showed no signs of strain.

Please stop focusing on one point that you already made a page ago and has already been responded to. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan777
I have already stated several times, that I know it was 200 quintillion tons with one arm, and have since stated that it was still only one ten millionth of the amount that PC Superboy lifted, also with one arm, and showed no signs of strain.

Please stop focusing on one point that you already made a page ago and has already been responded to. roll eyes (sarcastic) where was an actual weight stated that Superboy lifted?

Because it may have been a great deal of weight, but your numbers mean nothing if they weren't actually stated on pannel.

Kutulu
where was an actual weight stated that Superboy lifted?

Because it may have been a great deal of weight, but your numbers mean nothing if they weren't actually stated on pannel.

Superboy hurled a neutron star, on panel. Superboy chained a string of planets from one galaxy to another, on panel. Why does a weight need to be stated? Is that the only thing you can go by?

Just do the research - look up the weight of a planet, and calculate the amount of force it would take to move thousands of them millions of light years without signs of struggle or even looking fatigued (superboy almost looks bored).

Galan777
All-star Superman says "Nn" like he's slightly straining when he's lifting the weight. 200 Quintillion tons is still far far less than 2.78 octillion tons. I am not good at math, but isn't

200 quintillion>2.78 octillion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintillion

That really is a question of mine.

Soljer
1 quintillion = 10^18
1 Octillion = 10^27

You tell me.

Galan777
Originally posted by Soljer
1 quintillion = 10^18
1 Octillion = 10^27

You tell me. right, but wouldnt 200 quintillion be greater then 2.78 octillion?

Validus
Not at all. It's like comparing 100 million to 1 trillion.

Galan777
Originally posted by Validus
Not at all. It's like comparing 100 million to 1 trillion. Is it really?

Thats a serious question I had, Math isn't a strong point of mine, so I'm not really sure. embarrasment

Soljer
200 * 10^18 = 200000000000000000000
2.78*10^27 = 2780000000000000000000000000

You tell me.

Galan777
All-star Superman says "Nn" like he's slightly straining when he's lifting the weight. 200 Quintillion tons is still far far less than 2.78 octillion tons. Ok there is just a few things i need to address in regard to your statments.
First of all, Superboy merely pulled those planets, he DID NOT lift them, and as we all know, pulling something it MUCH easier then actually lifting it.

A prime example is the "world's strongest man" guys. They pull 18 wheeler trucks easily, and they pull them for a sizable distance. Now do you think that guy who just pulled the 18 wheeler truck, could lift that same truck over his head?

Answer: no because it is much easier to pull, then actually lift.

Just do the research - look up the weight of a planet, and calculate the amount of force it would take to move thousands of them millions of light years without signs of struggle or even looking fatigued (superboy almost looks bored). Ok, you seem like a smart guy, and i have just addressed how Superboy didnt actually lift the weight you thought he did.

Now, when he pulled the string of planets......... in a zero gravity environment (where he was) with no gravity resistance, wind resistance, or any other resistance. Once Superboy got those planets moving, how much force do you think it would take from that point to keep them moving?

Answer: Not much force at all, because all the planets are going to do in space is gain momentum and speed.

So the act of moving the planets "lightyears" away, really means nothing, because there is no force in space which could have slowed the moving planets down.

Juntai
Ok there is just a few things i need to address in regard to your statments.
First of all, Superboy merely pulled those planets, he DID NOT lift them, and as we all know, pulling something it MUCH easier then actually lifting it.

A prime example is the "world's strongest man" guys. They pull 18 wheeler trucks easily, and they pull them for a sizable distance. Now do you think that guy who just pulled the 18 wheeler truck, could lift that same truck over his head?

Answer: no because it is much easier to pull, then actually lift.

Ok, you seem like a smart guy, and i have just addressed how Superboy didnt actually lift the weight you thought he did.

Now, when he pulled the string of planets......... in a zero gravity environment (where he was) with no gravity resistance, wind resistance, or any other resistance. Once Superboy got those planets moving, how much force do you think it would take from that point to keep them moving?

Answer: Not much force at all, because all the planets are going to do in space is gain momentum and speed.

So the act of moving the planets "lightyears" away, really means nothing, because there is no force in space which could have slowed the moving planets down. For the first part. Planets don't have wheels. Trucks do. Bad analogy.

For the second part, gravity is the resistance. Gravity creates weight based on mass.

Galan777
Originally posted by Juntai
For the first part. Planets don't have wheels. Trucks do. Bad analogy.

For the second part, gravity is the resistance. Ummm, for the first part:
there is no gravity in space, so how is it any different? its not like Superboy was dragging it.

for the second part:
there is not gravity in space, what are you talking about?

Juntai
Ummm, for the first part:
there is no gravity in space, so how is it any different? its not like Superboy was dragging it.

for the second part:
there is not gravity in space, what are you talking about?
Gravity exists in space, don't fall prey to the household myth. Everything in the universe is afflicted by gravity. Astranoughts appear weightless in space, but are actually in a perpetual freefall towards the Earth. Likewise, the planets are held in rotation of the sun by gravity, based on mass.

Galan777
Originally posted by Juntai
Gravity exists in space, don't fall prey to the household myth. Everything in the universe is afflicted by gravity. Astranoughts appear weightless in space, but are actually in a perpetual freefall towards the Earth. Likewise, the planets are held in rotation of the sun by gravity, based on mass. Regardless, pulling those planets is still MUCH different then actually lifting those same planets, which was my original point.

Kutulu
Regardless, pulling those planets is still MUCH different then actually lifting those same planets, which was my original point.

So you're telling me that pulling a thousand planets along several million light years is an easy task? That hurling a neutron star with a much stronger gravitic pull than our sun is just a cakewalk?

eek!

I take it you've never taken a physics class? I'm still digging around for that pic of the neutron star, by the way, I'll update the thread when I find it.

Here's a hint: Moving a weight, on a planet, is much easier than moving the entire planet itself.

Here's a second hint: Hurling an object heavier than the sun in our solar system (you know, that big burning thing up in the sky that keeps our earth in orbit) is no easy task. Re-arranging entirie solar systems with your bare hands is no easy task. PC Superboy literally re-arranged entire solar systems with his bare hands. Show me any feat even close to that level that AS superman did, please. Lifting a 200 quintillion ton weight on a planet's surface isn't even close.

You're talking an order of magntitude greater strength necessary. PC Superboy could literally blow out a sun with his superbreath.

Galan777
So you're telling me that pulling a thousand planets along several million light years is an easy task? That hurling a neutron star with a much stronger gravitic pull than our sun is just a cakewalk? When did I say that? Show me where I said that, don't put words in my mouth wink

All I said was that actually lifting something is harder then pulling it, how can you disagree with that?

I'm still digging around for that pic of the neutron star, by the way, I'll update the thread when I find it. Thats not the scan I was refering to, so it is meaningless in this particular argument.

Here's a hint: Moving a weight, on a planet, is much easier than moving the entire planet itself. Did I say it wasn't? Don't put words in my mouth.

Here's a second hint: Hurling an object heavier than the sun in our solar system (you know, that big burning thing up in the sky that keeps our earth in orbit) is no easy task. No need to get snappy, i promise it dosent make me think your smarter.

Re-arranging entirie solar systems with your bare hands is no easy task. Did I say it was?

PC Superboy literally re-arranged entire solar systems with his bare hands. Did I say he didn't?

Show me any feat even close to that level that AS superman did, please. Lifting a 200 quintillion ton weight on a planet's surface isn't even close. Did I say it was?

Juntai
So you're telling me that pulling a thousand planets along several million light years is an easy task? That hurling a neutron star with a much stronger gravitic pull than our sun is just a cakewalk?

eek!

I take it you've never taken a physics class? I'm still digging around for that pic of the neutron star, by the way, I'll update the thread when I find it.

Here's a hint: Moving a weight, on a planet, is much easier than moving the entire planet itself.

Here's a second hint: Hurling an object heavier than the sun in our solar system (you know, that big burning thing up in the sky that keeps our earth in orbit) is no easy task. Re-arranging entirie solar systems with your bare hands is no easy task. PC Superboy literally re-arranged entire solar systems with his bare hands. Show me any feat even close to that level that AS superman did, please. Lifting a 200 quintillion ton weight on a planet's surface isn't even close.

You're talking an order of magntitude greater strength necessary. PC Superboy could literally blow out a sun with his superbreath. To his credit, we've never seen ASSuperman try these things. He's only had a few issues. He didn't lift more because the machine couldn't do more. He maxed it out, seemingly effortlessly.

breeze85
Galan777, your knowledge of physics and mathematics seems to be really inferior. PC Superboy's strength level is so much greater than that of All-Star Superman it's not even funny. He could, if wanted, literally tear Superman in to pieces. It doesn't change the fact that Superboy is my most hated character ever. Especially Superboy Prime.

Galan777
Originally posted by breeze85
Galan777, your knowledge of physics and mathematics seems to be really inferior. Ahhh, well if that makes you feel better roll eyes (sarcastic)

You dont think actually lifting something is a greater feat then pulling something? roll eyes (sarcastic)

PC Superboy's strength level is so much greater than that of All-Star Superman it's not even funny. Did I say Superboy wasn't stronger? Im just saying that he didn't physically lift 2.78 octillion tons.

He could, if wanted, literally tear Superman in to pieces. It doesn't change the fact that Superboy is my most hated character ever. Especially Superboy Prime.I agree that he could beat AS Superman right now (based on what we have seen so far)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.